AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 03:34   Link #1121
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

3k??? Did the watcher realize now that BD is so overprice and stop buying it....
Well the psv selling looks like good though... as the price suddenly increase by almost 1.5 from what I originally buy..
Spoiler for relating to ichigo:

well for some people, you can think that this is the last episode as the next episode may give another raeg towards haruki or setsuna or even kazusa...

@free
Looks like they pretend not to know it.... because from what I heard in the radio... it's so unnatural not to hear them talk anything about wanting s2 anymore... or are they just don't want to talk about it...

Hope for the greenlit in the next episode
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 06:06   Link #1122
Arya

^Well, I was already pretending the moment the episode ended. IN any case I think it's a great Christmas present they are making to Touma's fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Man, I so frikking love Houki, but IS2 was a humongous POS. Sad to think it's those kind of anime that do sell; but I guess at least I liked the mecha battles.
Just off topic, but since Houki would be the only reason I'd watch IS2 ... is she worth the pain to go trough the series or not?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 21:52   Link #1123
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Just watched the time-shift of WA2's nico special. Rewatched the whole episode 7, with my TV ver playing on the side so I won't miss any of the "powered up" scenes they promised, and... got trolled.

They played the TV ver unchanged by mistake........... Their twitter says they'll figure out something to make up for it.

Ah well. It was fun at least watching it again with the colorful nico comments on.

The keyword was "woman's house" by the way. They haven't announced where to submit it yet, probably by mistake too...........

In other news, if you're (still) playing WA2's iphone/android minigame, Kazusa seems to turn from tsun to dere at around 80,000 points...
Old 2013-12-23, 22:16   Link #1124
venshade

well so there's a chance we might see the knife scene? bwahahaha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Eh? There's more? I thought that was the last episode... lol
well maybe they will be creating another episode for another route or what??

Last edited by Kotohono; 2013-12-24 at 12:07. Reason: double post
venshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 01:09   Link #1125
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, to be fair, some of the scenes shown in ep 1 looked like flashbacks. i'm assuming the stuff with the snow happened prior to graduation (despite the fact that it snows at the end of ep 12..) and the confrontation may or may not have happened prior to Kazusa leaving the first time.

but who knows. i may pretend that ep 12 is the last ep.
Its pretty clearly when Touma's leaving, and then immediately after.

But, frankly, at this point, I don't see how they can actually shift anything. The story has been pretty well built on foreshadowing and hard-set on drilling certain elements home. So unless they go for some sort of ambiguous "maybe I can win while she's gone ending" which I don't foresee, I don't really see how they could shift it. But maybe there's something I don't even see anymore or they will really go for a very stark heart breaking for both Haruki and Touma, and Setsuna will end up "winning"... but that's probably not even winning at that point.

Every single episode, for example, has had Haruki overreacting to things about Touma. The hints about who he actually liked were subtle at first but by now they've been bashing us over the head. You've never actually had the reverse which, unexpectedly for me, this past episode actually pointed out: Setsuna put herself in the middle knowingly, and used the fact that Haruki is too selfless for his own good to become his girlfriend.

That gift... which very much makes me think ring, is still hanging in the air above us as well. Maybe thats where the last episode will end, with the gift but I have no idea how or to whom, or how they could actually follow the more or less solid story-telling they've portrayed in as of so far and go back to Setsuna. That relationship really feels like it sank when reality broke through and characters stopped being in denial with themselves and others. And the climax of the penultimate episode felt way too strong and final to flip upside down in a single episode. Would take some really large character-altering strides it feels like, but then they have some convenient tools set-up to break apart the leading couple it seems what with the trip to Vienna, college, and all that all collapsing in on themselves. As much as I can't see Setsuna ending up with Haruki now, I also can't see him suddenly dropping his life's success that he's worked hard for to chase Setsuna down across the globe.

PS: I totally should have waited one more week before marathoning this.
Old 2013-12-24, 12:14   Link #1126
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Where Aquaplus is concerned, music was probably a huge reason for resurrecting the White Album brand. In particular, they're promoting Rena Uehara through the game and anime.
Kinda weird that Yonozewa is the one who has made the bigger impact on me. Maybe because her singing is attached to Setsuna's character, but her singing has a certain charm that I can't describe (must be the AKB effect I think, where them sounding 'incomplete' or 'amateurish' is part of the draw lol). I mean, I don't like White Album as a song, but her version is the song I have most replayed from this series.

That said After All was beautifully sung. As someone who loves music entwined with romance (no wonder satelite is doing this? ), I'd say they did a great job where Uehara is concerned, as the music selection seemed very appropriate where they put it.

@Arya
Spoiler for OT:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 12:43   Link #1127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
My Perfect Date On Christmas
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 20:17   Link #1128
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I only saw 11 episodes out of the 12. I thought the story telling was real good. Initially I thought it was weird that the story has skips , but it got to episodes 10-11... it really cleared things up with flash backs. I was actually a Setsuna fan until those flashback scenes got me rooting for Touma. In the end it feels like the creator set up first Setsuna and then Touma. I give props to story direction in episodes 10-11. At one point I felt the direction was putting the audience in a world where Setsuna did not exist and we were rooting for Touma. Ironically, however, then Touma the character I was rooting for disrupts and brings us back to reality: Setsuna exists. While the story wasn't any too special, the direction I felt was unique. I thought non-linear story telling was interesting like how the beginning reveal events during the mid and continues to the end. Then the story loops back using flashbacks once again to reveal before conclusion. In both cases are tension and foreshadowing which made the ride more enjoyable. Another thing I forgot to mention, unlike some love triangles, Setsuna and Touma formed a understanding relationship throughout the series.

Finally got to episode 12 . I am relieved that the love triangle is finally undone, but there is still questions left over. So will Touma still go to Vienna or not? Will Setsuna be leaving the group, just as Touma did? What was the last song they played at the school festival? Was that a ring at the end?

I saw mal there is a episode 13, any confirmations?

Last edited by psycho bolt; 2013-12-24 at 22:20.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 01:10   Link #1129
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
I only saw 11 episodes out of the 12. I thought the story telling was real good. Initially I thought it was weird that the story has skips , but it got to episodes 10-11... it really cleared things up with flash backs. I was actually a Setsuna fan until those flashback scenes got me rooting for Touma. In the end it feels like the creator set up first Setsuna and then Touma. I give props to story direction in episodes 10-11. At one point I felt the direction was putting the audience in a world where Setsuna did not exist and we were rooting for Touma. Ironically, however, then Touma the character I was rooting for disrupts and brings us back to reality: Setsuna exists. While the story wasn't any too special, the direction I felt was unique. I thought non-linear story telling was interesting like how the beginning reveal events during the mid and continues to the end. Then the story loops back using flashbacks once again to reveal before conclusion. In both cases are tension and foreshadowing which made the ride more enjoyable. Another thing I forgot to mention, unlike some love triangles, Setsuna and Touma formed a understanding relationship throughout the series.

Finally got to episode 12 . I am relieved that the love triangle is finally undone, but there is still questions left over. So will Touma still go to Vienna or not? Will Setsuna be leaving the group, just as Touma did? What was the last song they played at the school festival? Was that a ring at the end?

I saw mal there is a episode 13, any confirmations?
The final episode (13) should be airing at the normal time this week.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 04:29   Link #1130
silvercover
Romance Expert

its a damn shame really that WA2 isnt getting its proper recognition.

as the romance expert, white album 2 was simply perfect in setting up the romance for the characters, where it all gradually built up to the situation we are in. this is also one of the very few love triangles I say that really worked it out without inciting those rage and anguish between the rivals.
music is also splendid, I hope I can get a lot of them soon.

now I wonder how they're gonna outdo episode 12 with the 13th...
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 08:54   Link #1131
Aisu Kyubu

ok, so I rewatched the whole thing until now with my friends. I almost choked on this part in episode 2. This is Haruki talking to Kazusa, around 18:30

"You seem to be ignoring me lately.
Did I do something wrong?
I'm sorry if I hurt you without realizing it so please tell me what I did wrong.
I won't know if you don't tell me."

That's episode TWO, mind you. And if you have no clue what I'm trying to say, rewatch the confrontation in episode 10.

I would like to say that figuring out small details like this in WA2 (there are a whole lot) has given me the greatest joy in watching anime for a very long time.
Aisu Kyubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 14:10   Link #1132
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Another niconama has been scheduled to show the promised revamped episode 7.
Old 2013-12-25, 17:53   Link #1133
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This . . this thing is amazing. I thought Golden Time would be my fix of romance and drama this season but i had no idea it would this. For me, I might have been more excited if this wasn't named after a sequel of some terrible VN adaptation not many people liked/watched. And it's not just the surprise factor that got me loving this show, it's everything. Flawed characters that are actually likeable and understandable? A well-thought out romantic love triangle that doesn't scream plot twist at every turn? Music/OST that is actually interwoven deeply to the story itself? These are things that you would rarely seen in anime. I think the last time I watched something this sensible (of the same kind) was Sakamichi no Apollon and I think I can say this is better than that.
Old 2013-12-25, 18:30   Link #1134
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Arya
Spoiler for OT:
Spoiler for OT:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 18:37   Link #1135
Birdway
Banned

I'm glad more people apreciates this series, it was seriously underrated despite being the only GOOD romance of this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Spoiler for OT:
My pov is that if you watch first season and get to like characters like Char (and/or someone else) then just go and watch IS 2 but just like the first season expect little to no plot since the novel itself doesn't even tries with its lazy author, remember just for fanservice sake.

If you're into Houki just for that, then no, don't watch it.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 20:49   Link #1136
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Back in ep. 11, I found it odd how in Ep. 11 of the anime they didn't show Kazusa consummating the kiss with Haruki; a brush of the lips like that would have been a nice "appetizer" for the kiss at the end of the episode. Also, is "how many times have you kissed Setsuna?" from the game? It sounds like an inverted version of the cliche "how many lovers have you had before me?!" phrase.
Yes... this was from the game too... that's why it made Haruki became speechless as it's true and he couldn't answer anything because what Kazusa said was pure jealousy towards them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Another niconama has been scheduled to show the promised revamped episode 7.
their attempt to make it before christmas failed... well, hope they won't make mistake anymore at this time... it's the last after all
Old 2013-12-25, 21:25   Link #1137
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Great show. I had been avoiding it due to thinking it was a sequel (to a show I hadn't seen), but picked it up a while back. All caught up now. Definitely happy Haruki finally got together with Touma (who I prefer to Ogiso).

The biggest questions now is what will happen from here. If there's another episode and the potential for another season, I think unfortunately Touma will still end up leaving, but obviously the relationship with Ogiso is completely done. What more material can there be? The main two can eventually be reunited, but if they're separated for a period I'm curious where the drama would be coming from in the meantime.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 03:41   Link #1138
Alf

Well, afterall, Setsuna has been very close friend to both of them, so the end of romantic relationship doesn't mean the end. And as noted by many, Touma has her own path to go. This is a story to be understood by adults, just being together isn't the end.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 04:57   Link #1139
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
My pov is that if you watch first season and get to like characters like Char (and/or someone else) then just go and watch IS 2 but just like the first season expect little to no plot since the novel itself doesn't even tries with its lazy author, remember just for fanservice sake.

If you're into Houki just for that, then no, don't watch it.
dont think so, even the people who said they liked season 1 couldnt say the same for season 2. not worth it imo.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 05:30   Link #1140
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

If just because they finally love each other every problems would be finish, they wouldn't be that hurt
If Kazusa still stay in Japan and be with Haruki, how would their surroundings think of them (especially Haruki and Setsuna's friend notely Takeya, Io, and Chikashi) as they all knew that Haruki was with Setsuna (although maybe Setsuna fans would be joyful)
They would be looked down, I don't think Kazusa and Haruki would want that for each other

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical