AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 19:12   Link #161
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

They (like every other radio show) record 2 sessions at a time, and record a week before the 1st session airs, when they recorded this, epi11 probably hasn't even aired yet.
As for why couldn't they have Rio on when it has aired, probably schedule conflicts.
Old 2013-12-27, 07:23   Link #162
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Hoooo.... I don't know about radio show much, so they take two sessions at a time but separate it into different episodes / week?
So that's why they often had the same guest for two weeks...

Ah... after hearing the latest radio... okay, I accept their reason for inviting Natsuki Rio last week not this week because... it's the last week of this year and the day before the last episode so they invite... Mizushima Takahiro as Kitahara Haruki to be the guest, wise choice!
they even make a special show for Takahiro to talk more about WA2 since he never get satisfied with it lol and... radio vol 5 will be sold in the next four days.... I haven't even got vol 4...

I guess next episode will include Haruki and Kazusa scene at Haruki's room playstation version...
I had hoped that the digital novel in PSV would be voiced, but I guess they didn't want to pay again for something like that, huh...
but they insert the famous scene icon in 雪が解け、そして雪が降るまで
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-27, 22:07   Link #163
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

A bit of trivia: Naba has a thing about unable to say "kiss" due to embarrassment, which is why she mumbled that word when reading the letter about epi6's confession scene.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:42   Link #164
AngryDango
I'm gonna wreck you

how did they handle the sex scene in Haruki's room in the PS3 and PSP versions?
Is it just implied or something?
AngryDango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 12:34   Link #165
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol... looks like she's easy to get embarrassed about things like that haha

at first the scene is almost the same, kiss, phone from Setsuna and such, they just skip the H-scene and added some scenes like farewell message from Kazusa to Setsuna, conversation between Kazusa and Haruki... so...well It's implied
Old 2014-01-05, 20:39   Link #166
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
A bit of trivia: Naba has a thing about unable to say "kiss" due to embarrassment, which is why she mumbled that word when reading the letter about epi6's confession scene.
Episode 6 of the anime didn't have a confession scene. Which exact date of the radio show did you mean?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 22:29   Link #167
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I meant 7. Oops.
The session would be the one right before my posting date.
Old 2014-01-06, 04:19   Link #168
Ringil

I just finished Kazusa True End. I also finished Kazusa Normal End. I don't think I'm going to finish Setsuna's True End because it seems like it'll just be the realization of that insane dream of Setsuna's.

My overall feelings towards CC+Coda are that of ambivalence. There was so much that was tedious, so much that was disgusting, and so much that was awesome. I really wanted to like it: the style; the way that even though the same mistakes were repeated time and time again, it was still expressed in a new way; the absolute realism of two of the three main characters. But, the tedium of Haruki moaning about his life in CC, the absolute disgust I had at him in Coda, and the portrayal of Setsuna that broke the limits of my imagination as to what a person could do. Why the crap doesn't Setsuna ever get pissed and stay pissed? Everyone said it, but it wasn't done.

That said, I found Setsuna's portrayal in Coda much better than in CC, where she had to be the most annoying thing ever when we had to suffer through the daily daily ritual of comforting her like a child. I almost started to like her in Kazusa's Normal End, but the True End brought me back to reality. She's feels like a caricature.

Although I think CC proper barely had any redeeming features, I think Coda once we move past the disastrous first concert had some quite good stuff. I was surprised in a good way by Kazusa being able to give up Haruki at the end of the Kazusa's Normal End. I was caught off guard by Youko's sickness and its ensuing consequences. I was so happy when Haruki actually manned up and faced what needed to be faced, and I also respect the verisimilitude of his constantly doubting self. I was amazed that Haruki didn't end up going to the 2nd concert, and that it still worked out. The ending was satisfying.

I really wish Setsuna and Kazusa had more than just one conversation. I felt that some of the best parts of IC were their conversations. Though I guess Setsuna's True End has them talking more probably. Because of this, I though IC was just more interesting and likeable overall.

To me, this was a 8/10. Maybe because of the realism, it was a grind to read. I'd only ever suggest it to someone who was bored and has a high tolerance for reading about the repetitive worries of everyday life.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 11:17   Link #169
Key Board
Carbon

I think you should finish Setsuna True.
If only because it's the only only route that subverts the main theme of the game.

As you said, repetition seems to be intent of this story
I think CC Setsuna and Coda Kazusa are similar.
It's just that CC Setsuna is passive aggressive about it, and CC Haruki was in a terrible mood most of the time.

But I think Setsuna is multifaceted
I also think she's too multifaceted
and I also get the feeling that Maruto changes his mind about her a bit, every-time he writes something new

In the end, I always felt sorry for her.
But in the end, I feel you could only understand her partially
I've heard that this is normal, though.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 19:55   Link #170
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Setsuna's end was my fav.
Cheater's end plus the Extra Episode that you get after clearing this end was fun too.
Old 2014-01-07, 06:47   Link #171
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
I just finished Kazusa True End. I also finished Kazusa Normal End. I don't think I'm going to finish Setsuna's True End because it seems like it'll just be the realization of that insane dream of Setsuna's.

My overall feelings towards CC+Coda are that of ambivalence. There was so much that was tedious, so much that was disgusting, and so much that was awesome. I really wanted to like it: the style; the way that even though the same mistakes were repeated time and time again, it was still expressed in a new way; the absolute realism of two of the three main characters. But, the tedium of Haruki moaning about his life in CC, the absolute disgust I had at him in Coda, and the portrayal of Setsuna that broke the limits of my imagination as to what a person could do. Why the crap doesn't Setsuna ever get pissed and stay pissed? Everyone said it, but it wasn't done.

That said, I found Setsuna's portrayal in Coda much better than in CC, where she had to be the most annoying thing ever when we had to suffer through the daily daily ritual of comforting her like a child. I almost started to like her in Kazusa's Normal End, but the True End brought me back to reality. She's feels like a caricature.

Although I think CC proper barely had any redeeming features, I think Coda once we move past the disastrous first concert had some quite good stuff. I was surprised in a good way by Kazusa being able to give up Haruki at the end of the Kazusa's Normal End. I was caught off guard by Youko's sickness and its ensuing consequences. I was so happy when Haruki actually manned up and faced what needed to be faced, and I also respect the verisimilitude of his constantly doubting self. I was amazed that Haruki didn't end up going to the 2nd concert, and that it still worked out. The ending was satisfying.

I really wish Setsuna and Kazusa had more than just one conversation. I felt that some of the best parts of IC were their conversations. Though I guess Setsuna's True End has them talking more probably. Because of this, I though IC was just more interesting and likeable overall.

To me, this was a 8/10. Maybe because of the realism, it was a grind to read. I'd only ever suggest it to someone who was bored and has a high tolerance for reading about the repetitive worries of everyday life.
Slight spoilers:
Setsuna and Kazusa talk alot in Setsuna True End.
It's literally the route where it's the most magical (it became like a really magical moment, without actual magical stuff).
Also if you ever wanted to see Setsuna lose her temper, she does do it there.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 02:02   Link #172
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Slight spoilers:
Setsuna and Kazusa talk alot in Setsuna True End.
It's literally the route where it's the most magical (it became like a really magical moment, without actual magical stuff).
Also if you ever wanted to see Setsuna lose her temper, she does do it there.
I guess that's why the ending song is called "The Magic of Time," right?

I'm surprised that Setsuna's True End is the only one that shows the main heroines getting drunk (you'd think they'd resort to at least some of that to help them forget their earlier heartache), and oddly enough, from what I've seen, it's not used as a comic relief moment as might be expected. Oh well, Maruto Fumiaki really did like to bust conventions after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
I meant 7. Oops.
The session would be the one right before my posting date.
I don't know why Hitomi Nabatame would have a problem saying the word "kiss." She said it just fine as Kazusa in Ep. 11. Anyway, I'm still miffed that Rio Natsuki wasn't given more opportunity to play Youko Touma, since she's clearly got more than a few things to hide.

Also, is the following impression I'm getting of Setsuna correct? Some of you may remember the following "seiyuu joke" (involving a character by the same seiyuu as Setsuna's) picture featuring Ui Hirasawa:

Images
Look who's singing now!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The following picture is also of the same character, but I believe it unintentionally fits how Setsuna is portrayed in the IC; she's so dead-set on someone who hasn't made up his mind on her yet, so instead of respectfully backing off and giving him time to make up his mind, she forces the issue, only to find out that she didn't really "win" anything lasting.

Images
A push in the "wrong" direction?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I can't foresee a truly good ending even if you pick the Setsuna ends; I've heard of divorce cases where one partner leaves because s/he realizes s/he was never "truly in love" with the other. That's what often happens when you build a relationship on shakey emotional ground or false pretenses.
Old 2014-01-11, 00:30   Link #173
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

After getting to Kazusa's true end, it's possible to lose interest in Setsuna's end lol but well it still better to play through it I think so to see the possible happenings that kazusa mentioned in her true route (which are the normal and Setsuna route)

I do think that there're so many repetition of the scenario but maybe with a different approach (like Mari end similar to IC end but with Haruki be more determined)
I too feel sorry for Setsuna and understand that she was indeed had gone through many hard things too but in the end I still choose Kazusa though

I just realize while playing again the of PSV version...
actually the line of Haruki that he won't be apart from Ogiso as long as it's not her that will begin to be apart is actually applied by Haruki to Kazusa...
In IC, Kazusa was the one who leave him
In Coda Kazusa normal, again it was Kazusa who made the decision to be apart again (even when at the last scene of them when they held hands it was Kazusa who released his hand)
In Coda Kazusa true, he went with Kazusa and in Coda Setsuna true he still insist in helping Kazusa so that she could stay in Japan
Old 2014-01-11, 11:19   Link #174
Key Board
Carbon

I guess, I'll post it here

http://www.anican.jp/blog/interview/...px?number=0004

Maruto's recent interview about the anime.
NO news about possible sequels yet.

edit: btw, I noticed a there's a minor trend on twitter now to tweet fake WA2 second season impression. Ie: "Oh, Chiaki is here. Ep 14 was nice"
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2014-01-11 at 11:30.
Old 2014-01-11, 14:56   Link #175
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Maruto's recent interview about the anime.
NO news about possible sequels yet.
Think you could translate that?

Quote:
edit: btw, I noticed a there's a minor trend on twitter now to tweet fake WA2 second season impression. Ie: "Oh, Chiaki is here. Ep 14 was nice"
When exactly did Chiaki make a cameo in the IC anime, then?
Old 2014-01-11, 15:05   Link #176
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
She was the one with the fancy outfit at the school concert. The camera centres on her a couple of times.
Old 2014-01-11, 16:12   Link #177
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
She was the one with the fancy outfit at the school concert. The camera centres on her a couple of times.
I meant which episode and roughly how many minutes in.
Old 2014-01-11, 17:29   Link #178
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Ando was on the radio this week. He says he doesn't know about a season two either.

The poor guy kept on apologizing, mentioned specifically the bad visual quality, somewhat implied that the BD ver will have fixes, and confirmed that epi07 will have a even better upgrade than its nico ver.
Old 2014-01-12, 03:29   Link #179
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Think you could translate that?

It's basically Maruto commenting on the pacing changes between the game and the anime

as for Chiaki, no. They're PRETENDING the next season of WA2 is airing. (hence episode 14)
Old 2014-01-12, 15:22   Link #180
Mazryonh

Quote:
as for Chiaki, no. They're PRETENDING the next season of WA2 is airing. (hence episode 14)
No, some others are saying that Chiaki made silent cameos in the IC anime episodes (from 1-13) during the concert. I've checked over episodes 7 and 13 and can't find her.