AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-06-10, 09:18   Link #281
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Part 1 remake. Rumors had been floating around for a while. Is it necessary? Absolutely not, the original still holds up well. Will I play the shit out of it? Yes.
Old 2023-02-08, 09:46   Link #282
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Playing the game for the first time. Got to the University buildings. Gotta say that the story feels a bit short considering how some characters don't last too much. I couldn't believe Joel's brother survived after all those deaths. Guess that's why the tv series is heavily expanding them. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is the obvious focus but they seem kinda silent early. It was not until Ellie finally got a kill that the two felt like started talking.

The combat is pretty good similar to the Uncharted trilogy but it seems to be more focused on fighting than puzzles to the point playing for too long can get repetitive. The autoaim helped me a lot when I couldn't distinguish the enemies from the friends AI.
Old 2023-02-09, 13:14   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Playing the game for the first time. Got to the University buildings. Gotta say that the story feels a bit short considering how some characters don't last too much. I couldn't believe Joel's brother survived after all those deaths. Guess that's why the tv series is heavily expanding them. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is the obvious focus but they seem kinda silent early. It was not until Ellie finally got a kill that the two felt like started talking.

The combat is pretty good similar to the Uncharted trilogy but it seems to be more focused on fighting than puzzles to the point playing for too long can get repetitive. The autoaim helped me a lot when I couldn't distinguish the enemies from the friends AI.
PS5 or PS4 version?

The story is just the right length IMO. Joel and Ellie's relationship is the core of the game and it never loses sight of that.
Old 2023-02-10, 09:33   Link #284
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS5 or PS4 version?

The story is just the right length IMO. Joel and Ellie's relationship is the core of the game and it never loses sight of that.
PS4. I'm now in the middle of the Winter arc as I have switched from Ellie to Joel. There sure were some gameplay differences between the two characters.
Old 2023-02-11, 18:03   Link #285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
PS4. I'm now in the middle of the Winter arc as I have switched from Ellie to Joel. There sure were some gameplay differences between the two characters.
That's a bit of a shame. It's not like there's a big difference between the Remaster and the Remake anyway, since the only thing they upgraded are the visuals. It's nice but it doesn't change the experience, just improves it a bit. I'm waiting for it to drop below 30€ to get it, preferably closer to 20.

Ellie is nice to play because of the unbreakable knife.
Old 2023-02-13, 06:13   Link #286
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Finished the game. It's brutal as heck but the way it is was written makes Joel's actions and lies justifiable. It's a shame that we all know how this escalates in the sequel. Now I'm playing the DLC which feels like a Persona social link
Old 2023-02-17, 06:39   Link #287
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Started watching the tv series. Seems they kinda wanted to alter Ellie's character a bit considering how talkative and rebelious she is with Joel and Tess in the first episodes. Maybe the Game of Thrones experience got to her head
Old 2023-02-17, 09:41   Link #288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Started watching the tv series. Seems they kinda wanted to alter Ellie's character a bit considering how talkative and rebelious she is with Joel and Tess in the first episodes. Maybe the Game of Thrones experience got to her head
I thought the only out of characters moments was when she told Joel Tess' death wasn't her fault (a big part of her character is that she feels guilty for all the deaths around her) and her slowly cutting the infected's forehead like some psycho. She went back on track after that. Episode 4 and 5 were great for her.
Old 2023-02-17, 11:43   Link #289
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the only out of characters moments was when she told Joel Tess' death wasn't her fault (a big part of her character is that she feels guilty for all the deaths around her) and her slowly cutting the infected's forehead like some psycho. She went back on track after that. Episode 4 and 5 were great for her.
I only finished episode 2 but I still remember that Joel himself called her smartass as well the continuous sarcastic comments. She got really angry once with the big dude who has a car but I feel like this Ellie feels different.

I would say tv Ellie was made to feel more like the sequel persona where she is far more active and aggressive. This is just my guess.
Old 2023-02-23, 07:09   Link #290
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Episode 6: The relationship between the siblings was nice but they kinda removed that scene where Ellie escapes on her own and the brother only accompanied Joel until finding her. Also, the more I watch this series it feels like they wanted Ellie not only to be more talkative but also quite rebelious. Almost everybody she talks to receives an insult or sarcasm which was nearly the opposite treatment Ellie would give in the game because she was a bit more fragile there. The idea of the game was taking care of Ellie, not her forcing us to do it. That's why she escapes alone rather than forcing Joel to avoid leaving her.

Guess the writers believed this take of Ellie is a better role model than the original one (Neil Druckmann is working too now that I see the credits).
Old 2023-02-24, 18:07   Link #291
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Game Ellie was nice to the people who were nice to her and Joel. In the case of Bill who acted like a dick, she treated him like one. I think show Ellie does the same. If you're nice to her, she's nice to you.
Old 2023-04-09, 03:21   Link #292
FredrickMartinez

After the remake, the game has become more realistic and the details are so realistic
FredrickMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-29, 05:14   Link #293
thor23
Banned

I am very happy to know that it is now available for windows as well.
thor23 is offline   Reply With Quote