AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 21 16.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 29.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 13:03   Link #21
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yeah, ghost Jessica and Kanon wasn't really necessary. All it does is add to Jessica/Kanon. In the game it was a pointless scene imo.
Yeah I guess. But it would still be nice to have... =_=;;
Old 2009-08-26, 13:05   Link #22
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Yeah, ghost Jessica and Kanon wasn't really necessary. All it does is add to Jessica/Kanon. In the game it was a pointless scene imo.
well it was nice to see Beato mock them with "Muhihi your voices won't reach them muhihihihi" but well I'll manage without it. I'll miss it a bit but for the sake of pacing I think the the cut was necessary

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-08-26 at 13:15.
Old 2009-08-26, 13:19   Link #23
bigemperor

The episode was very well done but they ruined it with very simple bgm in the battle between beatrice and battle, i really can't understand they put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview but now they don’t use it even once and they put a VERY COMMON BGM THAT RUINS THE MOOD COMPLETELY, what a shame.
Old 2009-08-26, 13:27   Link #24
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
The episode was very well done but they ruined it with very simple bgm in the battle between beatrice and battle, i really can't understand they put dread of the grave in episode 7 preview but now they don’t use it even once and they put a VERY COMMON BGM THAT RUINS THE MOOD COMPLETELY, what a shame.
I totally agree, I swear they should just cancel the bgm and we could listen to our fav. bgm's instead
Old 2009-08-26, 15:23   Link #25
MarthX

Aside from no dread of the grave or adrenaline pumping music, this episode was near perfect. The censorship doesn't bother me. It's not that bad and it's still gruesome with it. Lots of blood.

I can only guess DEEN is saving dread for later scenes. Possibly the tea party. Even if that's the case, I don't approve. The scenes lose a lot of impact without it.

I'll wait until subs before voting but it'll probably get a 9 from me.
Old 2009-08-26, 15:26   Link #26
Saerianne
*cackle*

Was good. Liked the pacing and everything. Only thing that's bugging me is their choice of bgm.
8/10
Old 2009-08-26, 15:33   Link #27
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I like the episode.
Though I hate the jumping around in rooms...what are they ninjas? And don't even hit their heads -.-

Well, Magical Gohda Chef got his shiny time at least. And wuzah spider webs sure are scary though it felt really stupid that there was only one web in the boiler room and kinda seemed to scream "Look at me!"
Old 2009-08-26, 15:41   Link #28
Marion
The Great Dine

Just finished the raw.

...I'll write a review later :x I don't know the episode was good, but at the same time it kind of lacked feeling for me until we get to the evil!Kanon scene.

Can I say that Gohda's faces this episode were just hilarious though |D
Old 2009-08-26, 15:45   Link #29
Saerianne
*cackle*

Actually I might give it a 9... that kanon scene was awesome. >D
Old 2009-08-26, 16:00   Link #30
chronotrig

Hmm, I think I see why they haven't used Dread of the Grave yet.
First off, Battler hasn't had many "winning" battles yet, objectively speaking. He showed that it was possible to do the first twilight without magic and he vouched for Kanon's innocence, but over all, he hasn't done a thing about solving the crime.

Second, and the bigger reason, is obvious if you try timing Battler's only successful scene in this EP with the music. From the time Battler gets on a winning streak to the time Nanjo starts looking for the key, less than a minute passes...and he's not actually arguing with anyone to raise the tension.

That said, I think they could have stuck that BGM in there and made it work by moving a few things around.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-26, 16:09   Link #31
golthin

The only thing that bothers me about this battle between Beato and Battler is that she could prove him that magic exist if she showed him how the deaths actually happen. I know that for beato this is a game and it is also for our benefit and etertainment. I just think that it is silly of beato to just play it like she is doing. She could show him Asmodeus and Satan and have them stab Battler in each leg
Old 2009-08-26, 16:10   Link #32
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Hmm, I think I see why they haven't used Dread of the Grave yet.
First off, Battler hasn't had many "winning" battles yet, objectively speaking. He showed that it was possible to do the first twilight without magic and he vouched for Kanon's innocence, but over all, he hasn't done a thing about solving the crime.

Second, and the bigger reason, is obvious if you try timing Battler's only successful scene in this EP with the music. From the time Battler gets on a winning streak to the time Nanjo starts looking for the key, less than a minute passes...and he's not actually arguing with anyone to raise the tension.

That said, I think they could have stuck that BGM in there and made it work by moving a few things around.
Dread of the Grave will be good, but I'm also waiting for SY and World End Dominator.

I wish I could watch the raw but my Wednesdays are going to be super busy this fall.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:14   Link #33
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The only thing that bothers me about this battle between Beato and Battler is that she could prove him that magic exist if she showed him how the deaths actually happen. I know that for beato this is a game and it is also for our benefit and etertainment. I just think that it is silly of beato to just play it like she is doing. She could show him Asmodeus and Satan and have them stab Battler in each leg
Yes, she could...

But if you think that the scene with the stakes was proof that magic exists, then I'm afraid to say it's not that easy.
This is Ryuukishi we're talking about here. If you watch Higurashi, you'll see that he never makes the final answer to a puzzle obvious.

So, turn the chessboard over on Ryuukishi (that's what he wants you to do).
Why is he showing us something that seems to be the obvious truth...in what's supposed to be a puzzle-filled series?
You can bet there's a good reason.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-26, 16:34   Link #34
Kanon Butler
Ushiromiya Butler

Send a message via MSN to Kanon Butler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Dread of the Grave will be good, but I'm also waiting for SY and World End Dominator.

I wish I could watch the raw but my Wednesdays are going to be super busy this fall.
I guess they play world end domanitor later at EP 2 in the Anime as for the death to grave I agree . I believe it will be used later too. but I also believe it will be "horrible" Mixed again. I hate they mixing epic Umineko BGM's I mean it's not like we would be bored by it hearing the same BGM in the Anime like in the game. and also for Anime Only watcher it would be better. so they could hear the awesome bgm's of the game too
Old 2009-08-26, 16:42   Link #35
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Can we return to the episode talk before this turns into the usual BGM 'when will they use that track' discussion please? Thank you
Old 2009-08-26, 16:58   Link #36
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon Butler View Post
I guess they play world end domanitor later at EP 2 in the Anime as for the death to grave I agree . I believe it will be used later too. but I also believe it will be "horrible" Mixed again. I hate they mixing epic Umineko BGM's I mean it's not like we would be bored by it hearing the same BGM in the Anime like in the game. and also for Anime Only watcher it would be better. so they could hear the awesome bgm's of the game too
I think it's more of trying to make it not interfere with the voices, and since a lot of the original BMG tracks loop 2 times and can be quite long, while in the anime the scenes would be much shorter, they probably remix them to fit a certain length of time needed for the scene.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:08   Link #37
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Can we return to the episode talk before this turns into the usual BGM 'when will they use that track' discussion please? Thank you
Not sure how I feel about the red truth now swirling around Battler. I find it interesting how his eyes don't follow it. It's like he can't see it and only we can.

I like that they kept the wolf and sheep puzzle explanation. One of the things you aren't sure they'll keep since they skipped the devil's proof explanation.

This episode has a really nice pace. It's probably the second best paced episode yet. 5 being the best of course.

A lot of weird camera angles, focusing on Battler and Beatrice's hands.

I'm surprised they kept Dark Kanon sticking his finger into his wound. Even with the minor censorship, I could see someone wincing at that.

Gohda and Genji show off their badass side.

Maria is smart to stay mostly quiet when Rosa has a gun.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:17   Link #38
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I'm surprised they kept Dark Kanon sticking his finger into his wound. Even with the minor censorship, I could see someone wincing at that.
I did, ahah. It was truly disgusting. In a good way. x)
Old 2009-08-26, 17:17   Link #39
ineloquence

-Not a lot to complain about this episode, and the pacing was excellent, although things don't really get going until evil!Kanon shows up. It seems Deen does better with intense action scenes.

-I didn't notice the BGM because my sister had the TV turned up while I was trying to watch the raw, but I don't mind if they're saving DotG for later.

-Love the way they handled red text, it looks stylish.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-08-27 at 01:22. Reason: there is no such thing like "semi" spoiler.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:34   Link #40
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Spoiler: