Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-13, 19:12   Link #101
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Hitseguya, Ikkaku and Renji all needed bankai to beat numbers 11-20 in the Arrancar arc. So let's not underrate the fraccion, who should also be around that level. But basically, you are right about bankai being over-rated......it's lost some of it's mystique as a power-up for the elite of the elite.
@.@ here we go again, although Bankai is over rated, back during the 11- w/e fights, Hitsu and others were at 1/5th strength the whole time and thats why they needed bankai(a small power boost to up them from wimpy 1/5)...notice at how regular strength (the level yumi and them are at right now), the fraccion were killed easily... so if they all were at full power at the beginning (Hitsu and them, they'd easily vanquish those fraccion. As we've seen since the beginning, Aizen's side has the potential to be hax but all they do is lose... and knowing aizen this is somehow his weird plan, but yeah.)

As for Yammy, i agree, he is prob gonna eat grimmjow and Noitora, and Syzael (if mayuri didnt already get him) and come back BROKEN LOL, haxest release, kill everything within 5 mile radius lol, bad guys need soemthing like that...
Old 2008-08-13, 20:29   Link #102
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
no he's alive, and his name is Yammy. Apparently, the running gag is that he's running around and eating the arrancars everyone defeats in order to power up and be worth something.
I've been saying this for the past 5 - 6 months. Its just now taking roots
Old 2008-08-13, 20:33   Link #103
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Hitseguya, Ikkaku and Renji all needed bankai to beat numbers 11-20 in the Arrancar arc. So let's not underrate the fraccion, who should also be around that level. But basically, you are right about bankai being over-rated......it's lost some of it's mystique as a power-up for the elite of the elite.
actually you mean fraccions 11 - 15. I've said this before that some arrancar were missing because if you count Luppi and Wonderweiss(who wasn't around when Aizen gave his 1st speech) that makes #16 and #17. Still 3 missing from the list.
Old 2008-08-13, 20:40   Link #104
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

the past chapters were a bit disapointing, the vizards are really taking their times.
Old 2008-08-13, 23:04   Link #105
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
@.@ here we go again, although Bankai is over rated, back during the 11- w/e fights, Hitsu and others were at 1/5th strength the whole time and thats why they needed bankai(a small power boost to up them from wimpy 1/5)...notice at how regular strength (the level yumi and them are at right now), the fraccion were killed easily... so if they all were at full power at the beginning (Hitsu and them, they'd easily vanquish those fraccion.
These things aren't always internally consistent in Bleach. On the one hand, Rukia and Matsumoto beat their opponents in Arrancar arc with only Shikai. Yet Ikkaku who was never under any limiter (as he's not a VC) had to pull out bankai to beat his enemy. Simply because Kubo wanted to show off his skills and develop him, he didn't wait for a really powerful opponent.

I'm not disagreeing with you on power levels, the original point was whether Kubo would show a bankai in any of these fraccion vs VC fights. If kubo wants to level-up any of his VCs, he'll give him bankai even if he's fighting a fraccion. If not, he won't.
Old 2008-08-14, 06:06   Link #106
kagato3

Remember only 1-10 are based on power 11 on are based on order of becomeing an Arrancar so they may be nearly as powerful as one of the top 10 or as weak as kid Nel.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-08-14, 07:00   Link #107
Animecentred

I am just wondering, is there going to be a new chapter this week?
Old 2008-08-14, 08:05   Link #108
MooMooFarm

They need to somehow add that crazy spanish/mexican/whatever michael jackson wanna be song to the manga. It's so random and hilarious it fits Bleach to a Tee. Like, Bleach is so the epitome of Shonen randomness when done on purpose.
Old 2008-08-14, 19:02   Link #109
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animecentred View Post
I am just wondering, is there going to be a new chapter this week?

Nope. Apparently Shounen Jump is taking a break.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-14, 20:51   Link #110
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Akamaru Jump 2008 Summer

Akamaru Jump 2008 Summer Issue goes on sale this week instead Weekly Shounen Jump issue.

Quote:
Akamaru Jump, special issues featuring one-shot manga released during Japanese holidays. A number of current and former Jump mangaka get their start in these issues, most notably Hideaki Sorachi (Gintama), Akira Amano (Reborn!) and Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto).
Old 2008-08-14, 22:18   Link #111
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

ugh. what a complete and utter drag... *shrugs* but who knows what could possibly come from it... :J
Old 2008-08-15, 04:42   Link #112
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
The common counter to energy sucking techniques in anime is to output more energy than they can absorb.

So while his tech seem haxed right now, there's no way it would work on someone like Ichigo or Kenpachi.
actually that only works if 1 he gets over confident or 2 the sucking rate is instantaneous and more than he can get rid off by using kidou or something.

although it could be that the captains are more resistant becaue they have high reistsu so can still fight for a few min/hours which is enough to defeat him.
Old 2008-08-16, 00:21   Link #113
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

waiting for some real fights btw the captains and espadas, ichigo vs ulq

and ya waiting for vizards to kick some asses too
Old 2008-08-16, 21:15   Link #114
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
@.@ here we go again, although Bankai is over ratedin:
OMG! YES! THANK YOU!

*+Cookie for your wisdom*

I think you were wrong about the rest...just so you know.

Yes it is. It's the epitome of power for Shinigami. Not every breed in the Bleacherverse. Theoretically the Vaizard and the disappointing-release-having-over- hyped-Arrancar are stronger.

If 20 VL who went through Shinigamification can destroy SS. Bankai ain't shit...

That's why it's no so bad if a few others have them.*ZARAKI* It all depends on the individual anyway

Quote:
These things aren't always internally consistent in Bleach. On the one hand, Rukia and Matsumoto beat their opponents in Arrancar arc with only Shikai. Yet Ikkaku who was never under any limiter (as he's not a VC) had to pull out bankai to beat his enemy. Simply because Kubo wanted to show off his skills and develop him, he didn't wait for a really powerful opponent.

I'm not disagreeing with you on power levels, the original point was whether Kubo would show a bankai in any of these fraccion vs VC fights. If kubo wants to level-up any of his VCs, he'll give him bankai even if he's fighting a fraccion. If not, he won't.
Could it be their opponents were weaker, dumber or they are just stronger? Ikkaku has only raw strength. His Bankai is the same. It's form is just larger and the attacks are more powerful.

Can ask you something Amir? Why is it you assume Rukia is weaker than Ikkaku. (I know why you assumed that about Matsu; she is!)

She is good at sword play. (No question he is better) He doesn't use Kidou. Even if he could, it can't be very good. (Practice makes perfect)

One Hakuiren and Ikkaku's ass it out! Grimmjow is an Arrancar (Espada at that) his skin is tougher that's why he didn't freeze.

I am not so sure with Ikkaku

I think Rukia would take him. She is just not seated! She is not a weak character. Chad is weak as hell. (I can't figure out why he isn't dead yet. Even if nobody ever dies. He still should. Major oversight KT!)

I think it depends on the individual and their abilities.

Fraccion's numbers are not indicative of strength, only birth. I don't think you should judge anyone's power level by a fight with a Fraccion <---that means Ikkaku. Rukia defeated an Espada. (I don't give damn if he was a Gillian he had unique abilities that put him in their class)
Ikkaku did not...:stare:

Fraccion seem to be bound by their loyalty and are not reflective of their master's strength. <--Then again...most Arrancar are disappointing so they just be. *Ponders*

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-08-16 at 21:40. Reason: What?! (I had to add a bit more and clear up something)
Old 2008-08-17, 00:37   Link #115
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Can ask you something Amir? Why is it you assume Rukia is weaker than Ikkaku. (I know why you assumed that about Matsu; she is!)
Renji said he's captain level. He has bankai. She has better kidou and an espada kill to her credit. Who is stronger is speculative. To be honest, I like Ikkaku's character because he's a funny bald badass. Sorry , Rukia.
Quote:
Fraccion's numbers are not indicative of strength, only birth. I don't think you should judge anyone's power level by a fight with a Fraccion <---that means Ikkaku. Rukia defeated an Espada. (I don't give damn if he was a Gillian he had unique abilities that put him in their class)
Ikkaku did not...:stare:
The original argument started that since fraccions are weak, we wouldn't see bankai in the vc fights, a point I disagreed with. With all the variations of power levels in Bleach (both in Fraccion and in shinigami abilities), if Kubo wants to show us a bankai, it wouldn't feel like overkill. The Arrancar arc was my justification for that.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-17 at 05:22.
Old 2008-08-17, 02:37   Link #116
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:

I think Rukia would take him. She is just not seated! She is not a weak character. Chad is weak as hell. (I can't figure out why he isn't dead yet. Even if nobody ever dies. He still should. Major oversight KT!)
Hm, I'm not so sure about this powergap between Rukia and Sado(Rukia overtook him with her Shikai, but it's evened out right now imo).

- Sado impressed Shunsui at his early days("it would have been bad if the last attack hit me" or something like that), even though he took him out easily after that, but Shunsui is not allowed to lose his face (yet) by Kubo while the 9th Espada was especially created for Rukia's character development only
- Sado kicked 8th squads 3rd seat out of seireitei

you may argue it was for comic relief, but then I would call Rukia's win in Hueco Mundo a lucky one and she would only earn credit for her kidou spells while she failed in every other aspect in this fight, which lead to the finish(9th Espada wouldn't have taken her lightly if Rukia would have proved to be dangerous to him). At least Sado had his day in the limelight against Gantenbain and didn't even break a sweat after his powerup was out of the box.. it's a shame this powerup took place in a fight against the 7th privaron while there is still Yammy around. The Worf-Effect would have been even better(first killing the 107th, then the 5th laughs at your newest powerup) and there's a relation between them too.

After all Rukia's and Sado's fights exist only for the purpose to push Ichigo's opponents, so they share the same ungrateful fate and every time you "go yay!" for them you should prepare for a low blow. That's one point where Kubo goes way too far and it doesn't fit with his inability to kill off his beloved characters. They are not allowed to die but get perma-abused at the same time.

about the Rukia/Ikkaku comparison:

Yeah, she has some fancy kidou stuff, but remember Ikkaku spends his sparring with Iba who concentrated on kidou in order to become a Fuku, and he really doesn't seem to run low on reiatsu.
Old 2008-09-23, 21:03   Link #117
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Fanart from this chapter

Old 2008-09-23, 21:13   Link #118
MezzoDragon

That is so wrong on so many levels! Why couldn't it be Thunderwitch (forgot first name), Halbiel or any of her faccion?
Old 2008-09-24, 03:55   Link #119
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post

This pic reminds me on one of our famous pop singers here oO

Hint: Has a sex video

Old 2008-09-25, 06:01   Link #120
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post