AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-22, 10:53   Link #381
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I hate this game, Dante is now a bishounen fag bag
Calm down doods. If the whole world was straight, it would be boring. Besides for what we know the game could end up as another vapourware.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 10:57   Link #382
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
there will be a devil trigger, just not full. maybe he turns into the dante he is in DMC3 or something XD

Now you're grasping at straws, Sorry dude but GN0010 Nosferatu is right. DMC 3 was the FIRST TIME in the official continuity that Dante has ever used Devil Trigger. So as long as these new guys making this game wanna make this another origin story there will be no Devil Trigger period.

Now if they decide to say screw it and make this a reboot after all THEN they're free to go outside the rules of the original series.

Oh and that being said I'm still gonna try the game at least and even play it until the end but like almost everyone else my expectations are low.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 11:26   Link #383
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

remember that little spazzm he had in the trailer? Maybe that could be a spark of his devil blood acting up which causes him to get stronger for periods of time... who knows.
Old 2011-01-22, 15:24   Link #384
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Calm down doods. If the whole world was straight, it would be boring. Besides for what we know the game could end up as another vapourware.
Lol i'm kidding, I hope it'd be good to warrant such a makeover of dante
Old 2011-01-22, 15:35   Link #385
Westlo
Lets be reality

Can you imagine the shitstorm if MvC3 Dante suddenly lost his DMC3 look to turn into DMC5? I would lol.. than cry
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 11:16   Link #386
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Can you imagine the shitstorm if MvC3 Dante suddenly lost his DMC3 look to turn into DMC5? I would lol.. than cry
Oh, I can see Roy Nitsuma's inmail filled with a new world record of Hatemails and curses to he and his family like it has never seen before XD
Old 2011-01-23, 18:39   Link #387
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Oh, I can see Roy Nitsuma's inmail filled with a new world record of Hatemails and curses to he and his family like it has never seen before XD
It would be hilarious if they sold alternate costumes individually (they won''t, will be packs like SFIV) and DMC5 Dante was one and it sold the least out of all the characters.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-23, 23:54   Link #388
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

If someone could just translate this...

Old 2011-01-24, 00:12   Link #389
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its translated all over the web XD

and god its still funny people Rage over that picture... and he looks pretty normal in the parts where hes NOT IN A PLACE THAT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING FROM A HORROR(*cough*saw) MOVIE
Old 2011-02-18, 12:28   Link #390
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
If someone could just translate this...

Spoiler for size:

And now that i upset you all, I'm off! WOOOOSH! *freakazoid run*
Old 2011-05-04, 17:49   Link #391
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't suppose there is any new info is there?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 18:34   Link #392
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Not much, I heard they tested the Unreal engine and the developers were pleased. However I am still having mixed feelings about that choice.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 19:24   Link #393
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I was looking back at some older interviews, ugh every time I read one I just think of the cutscene in DMC 1 where Dante goes "SILENCE!".
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 23:22   Link #394
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Btw did you guys herd about the so called "leaked" gameplay?

Gun Cool down, no more infinite bullets?

And I quote from the guy I got this info from
Quote:
While plausible, I suggest taking this with a grain of salt.
And I quote
Quote:
-Apparently, the demo has been "finished" for a while now, since back in February at least. Capcom employees have played it and say that it feels just like other DMC games, although no one can vouch for their level of DMC expertise. The reason NT hasn't revealed anything yet is apparently because they were only four months into development when they announced the game, and obviously the fan backlash has made them wary of showing anything that isn't polished to absolute brilliance.

-The leak believes he/she knows why they went with UE3 instead of MT Framework. He/She says it was because MT Framework is usually handled by a small team and is written in Japanese, and it was just better for NT to use an engine they had worked with before.

-As for the demo itself, the leak says that NT apparently has not dumbed down the difficulty, and that it has a fairly steep learning curve like past DMC games. Also, the combat appears very, very fluid (no comparisons given here), and appears to be running at a locked 30 fps. Of course, we don't know if that will hold with tons of enemies on screen.

-Leak says that the "highlight" of the demo, or possibly game, is Dino's morphing weapon shown in the trailer. No word on how it works but apparently it looks awesome.

-It is confirmed that NT has added a cooldown period to firearms so they can't be spammed like in the past games. I don't know if this is good or bad.

-He/She confirmed that Dino's look hasn't changed, although they only played the demo and they admit they know nothing about the story. So I don't think this is a confirmation of anything except NT not caving to the demands of fans and changing the base design.

-Overall, they say that the gameplay is pretty solid for the build that they played. Again, they know nothing of the story, and they don't particularly like anything else about the game, but that's how it is. Gameplay enthusiasts should be happy.
http://boards.ign.com/devil_may_cry/b5258/201587421/p1
Old 2011-05-06, 01:14   Link #395
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So wait, DMC3 Dante can effectively string over 400 bullets in a combo and now someone can even think of killing that? I think reducing firepower would have been better, after all the only DMC that actually suffered from firearms was DMC2. Aaanyway, as long as his morphing weapon includes PF226, I'm cool with it :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 04:18   Link #396
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Yes I heard about that. The bullets is true they had planned on making reloadable guns in this game ( T-T nooo )

The inserting of cooldowns and reloads take away the very aspect of the game that people actually like. DMC has always been about over the top constant action, specially in the harder difficulty where you just couldn't play without it because of the amount of enemies. And that is what made it fun as well.
If they put in reload and CD on weapons, stuff like that then I worry how the difficult gameplay will be. You will either get smashed because of hur dur cooldowns, they either have less monsters but more added hp compared to the other creep high difficulty gameplays or you have to dodge constantly.
What I also worry about is the FPS since the UE3 is very limited compared to the Mt frame.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 06:14   Link #397
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Could have been worse though, imagine CD on sword...-slash,slash,slash, gotta polish it now or the blade will chip...good now it's all rea-AAAAH I'M BEING EATEN!-
Old 2011-05-06, 07:20   Link #398
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

who the hell is Dino? Did they change his name because of all the QQers?
Old 2011-05-06, 11:36   Link #399
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It's the guy who thinks his name is Dante
Old 2011-05-06, 11:48   Link #400
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
who the hell is Dino? Did they change his name because of all the QQers?
Dante In Name Only (DINO)