AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-25, 00:47   Link #41
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Wow KgNE got licensed. I could care less about the dub, but hey, if series like this gets licensed, won't that open the door to AIR, Kanon, Da Capo, and the rest of the pack?
Won't happen unfortunately. Unless Funi have an absolute killer marketing campaign, I just can't see KgNE selling well... especially with a title like "Rumbling Hearts".

That said, I'd like to be proven wrong. Not that I particularly liked KgNE, but I would like to see more titles in the "anime-formerly-Visual Novel" genre being licensed, which is certain to happen if (big "if") Rumbling Hearts does well.
Old 2006-02-25, 02:31   Link #42
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Won't happen unfortunately. Unless Funi have an absolute killer marketing campaign, I just can't see KgNE selling well... especially with a title like "Rumbling Hearts".

That said, I'd like to be proven wrong. Not that I particularly liked KgNE, but I would like to see more titles in the "anime-formerly-Visual Novel" genre being licensed, which is certain to happen if (big "if") Rumbling Hearts does well.
For what it's worth, I think that KgNE sets itself apart from others of similar lineage mostly due to the age of the protagonists. It plays a lot more like a soap opera and, although the character designs are certainly a draw, it's less about a parade of bishoujo than most others in the genre. So, basically what I'm saying is that I'm not sure that success for Kiminozo would automatically translate into success for others in the genre. At the same time, with the proper marketing, I think this one could do pretty well. I don't think anyone's expecting miracles (hence the release format), but it should do pretty well by word-of-mouth and have some staying power, sales-wise. That's all just speculation though, of course; time will tell... Looking forward to getting the DVDs this Fall.
Old 2006-02-25, 03:01   Link #43
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

FUNi generally will have a good marketing campaign, and I am pretty sure they are going to ride the popularity wave of this for word-of-mouth advertising from us who have either purchased the R2s or seen the fansubs.

It shouldn't matter what the name of the anime is, I mean lets take Onegai Teacher/Twins...they got translated and they still sold well despite having a completely off-the-wall translation of Please Teacher/Twins. Rumbling Hearts is not that bad people, and like has been noted, the subtitle will still be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien so it's not like we're losing something.

As long as FUNi doesn't drop the ball with the packaging and contents, all should go well for KimiNozo in our markets. As for a success, other titles have been doing fairly well for it overall...Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Comic Party, and when it comes out, To Heart. We'll also see how well Green Green does for the other end of the spectrum. I'm pretty confident KimiNozo will do well based upon just other's opinions getting around.
Old 2006-02-25, 03:07   Link #44
Sunspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
It can also be translated to "The Eternity You Wish For"
Yep, kinda forget to mention that
Quote:
PS Wasn't Rumbling hearts the theme song of the anime?
If I remember it correctly it only sounded once.
Old 2006-02-25, 14:45   Link #45
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Rumbling Hearts was used at least three times, one as the normal version of the song which was used at the end of episode 2 and twice as the musicbox version which was used as BGM.
Old 2006-02-28, 02:40   Link #46
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K

This is not true.

KGNE, unlike most bishoujo/h game-based anime, has the kind of story that appeals to more than just male otaku. Sort of like Tsukihime or Fate/Stay Night (both of which are licensed), although not exactly. Those two had dark horror stories, while KGNE is simply a well made soap opera. KGNE has a lot of female fans, because the soap opera genre in general appeals more to females than males. With proper marketing, KGNE could become a decent hit. It's already proven popular by its #1 ranking on animenfo for starters. Not everyone will like it, but the people who will like it, will like it quite a bit. That sort of deal.
Old 2006-02-28, 12:10   Link #47
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Anyone how many disc will KGNE be in? And what type of packaging will it come with? If it is less then $100 I will be buying it. Gotta support Fumi for having the guts to bring soemthing like this over.
Old 2006-02-28, 12:24   Link #48
Eclipze

I had brought up the same *fuss* with Rumbling Hearts before, about half a year ago.

They (my local TV station here in Singapore) aired KGNE as "Rumbling Hearts" even though it wasn't licensed at that point.Perhaps the local companies aquired the license for it, though I doubt, especially for a series not yet licensed at that point in time.

Rumbling Hearts just sounds too random to bring justice to what KGNE is all about IMHO.
Old 2006-02-28, 12:27   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Anyone how many disc will KGNE be in? And what type of packaging will it come with? If it is less then $100 I will be buying it. Gotta support Fumi for having the guts to bring soemthing like this over.
Don't know about packaging yet, but it'll be on three discs released in October, November, and December respectively. The MSRP on the discs should be $29.99 each (you should be able to find it for much cheaper online), so yes - should be less than $100 for the who series which is, needless to say, a bargain (especially for those of us who bought the R2 DVDs...) Don't know if they'll have any sort of special first volume with a box or anything - we'll see...

Edit: Yeah, Eclipze, a local company acquired the license in Singapore, at least for the TV Broadcast. "Rumbling Hearts" is the official English title for KgNE overseas, set by the publisher (Media Factory in this case, I believe).
Old 2006-02-28, 12:46   Link #50
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I don't really care what they call it. I will still refer to it as KGNE. As long the A/V and translations are good, i find. i don't listen to dubs anyways so i could care less what what they due to the english script as long it doesn't affect the subs Besides if the Fumi release sucks I still got R2 Fansub DVDs with all the extras.

Wonders if the will add the Special trailer in disc 7 of the R2 release
Old 2006-03-02, 09:30   Link #51
Theowne
耳をすませば

Okay, yes I think it's great it's finally licensed and all that jazz.

But really, "Rumbling hearts" really just doesn't do it justice. Part of the reason why I even bothered watching this anime was the title (the english translation, not the japanese) interested me. I can't see myself being interested by something called "Rumbling Hearts". It seems too cheesy/melodramatic, makes me think of a school romance melodrama than KGNE.
Old 2006-03-05, 20:42   Link #52
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
"The Eternity you Wish for/desire" sounds alot more interesting and deeper then Rumbling Hearts, which sound like one of those school comdey animes (nothing against those animes). However, it since School romance sells pretty well here, I'm guessing that "Rumbling Hearts" is suppose to caputre the attention of more casual anime watchers, to get more sales which is understandable. Plus "Rumbling Hearts" didn't come out of no where, I think its the name of the last song they played at the very end of KGNE.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-05, 22:08   Link #53
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
Plus "Rumbling Hearts" didn't come out of no where, I think its the name of the last song they played at the very end of KGNE.
Actually, its the first ED song they played at episode 2, and it was only played ONCE.
Old 2006-03-05, 22:10   Link #54
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Rumbling Heats is the title of both the PS2 game and the ED theme of the second episode. It is replayed again a few times as the piano version as BGM in later episodes.

Second of all, considering the full title for the licensed KimiNozo is "Rumbling Hearts - Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" there shouldn't be any problems.
Old 2006-03-05, 23:42   Link #55
TerryMathews

Fingers crossed that Jennifer Earhart dubs someone. God, I love that va.

(Yurika on Nadesico, manager in Princess Nine)
Old 2006-03-15, 23:40   Link #56
Diedrupo

Guys we should stop complaining about the title. It doesn't change the actual content of the show. :P

And word of mouth is going to determine how well KGNE will do over here.
Old 2006-03-16, 06:06   Link #57
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMathews
Fingers crossed that Jennifer Earhart dubs someone. God, I love that va.

(Yurika on Nadesico, manager in Princess Nine)
Unfortunately, last I heard, she had moved to New York, and so she hasn't appeared in anything for a number of years (except that ADV flew her back to reprise Yurika for Prince of Darkness). Things could have changed.
Old 2006-03-31, 17:51   Link #58
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

I will buy this...

I might buy it twice.
Old 2006-04-03, 20:33   Link #59
Juan Valdez

So when they say "Rumbling Hearts", do they mean rumble in the sense of a loud, deep sound, a feeling of unrest or dissatisfaction, or a fight? I guess all three could apply.

I'm not sure why I dislike this name so much, but don't mind the title "School Rumble". Maybe it's not the Rumbling part. Maybe it's the Hearts part. Makes me think of "Kingdom Hearts" or "Random Hearts" or any of the other subpar production that includes the word "hearts"

Whatever it's called, I'm still gonna buy the DVDs
Old 2006-04-03, 22:55   Link #60
TerryMathews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBrains
Unfortunately, last I heard, she had moved to New York, and so she hasn't appeared in anything for a number of years (except that ADV flew her back to reprise Yurika for Prince of Darkness). Things could have changed.
Don't they know that's a violation of USC 3212.403a paragraph B?

Seriously though, I'm sure Funi has certain VAs that they use over and over again, just like Pioneer/Bandai does, and no matter how much I wished for JKE as anybody, even a minor part, it wouldn't happen.

But I can wish.

I honestly don't know who I'd choose for Mitsuki and Haruka though. JKE wouldn't be it, though. Neither would Wendee Lee. Mitsuki should have an effeminate, but deeper voice. Haruka should be higher pitched, but not as high as JKE.

Maybe...
Haruka-> Mandy Bonhomme (Yukino Miyazawa, KareKano)
Mitsuki-> ? I'm really drawing a blank here.
Closed Thread