Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for "Merry" Miki solo version:

The Haruka solo version is good too.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 03:20   Link #2662
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Spoiler for "Merry" Miki solo version:

The Haruka solo version is good too.
Hmm ... having listened to both I must admit that I slightly favor the Haruka version.
Old 2012-01-12, 03:56   Link #2663
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Japanese rice is a different type of rice than say, Chinese/Thai rice. Chinese/Thai rice are long grain rice and are fairly tasteless and dry, Japanese rice is short grain rice with high starch content and are actually very sweet and sticky. Their taste is very different, in fact once you've lived in Japan for a short while you can always tell which sushi shop is "fake" overseas (ie run by non-Japanese) just by the type of rice it uses, as those shops usually goes cheap and buy Thai rice and not real Japanese rice (which are usually very expensive to buy, as you are looking at something like 2000yen for about 5kg/10 pounds even domestically).

A lot of non-Japanese people, especially Chinese, don't understand why Japanese people can just eat rice with some light seasoning or some very light side dishes such as the pickle radish, that's because they've never truly had real Japanese rice and had only been eating cheap "fake" sushi and/or only eat Chinese/Thai rice at home. I can easily have a pound of Japanese short grain rice with just some pickles but I would never be able to do that with Chinese/Thai long grain rice, they taste really different. That said, I would also never be able to make good fried rice with Japanese rice either due to the high starch content.
I'm Chinese, and now you're making me want to go to the nearest 99 Ranch Market just so I can inspect the bags of rice in the rice aisle to see what's different about one kind compared to another.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 04:09   Link #2664
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Flower

Hard to decide. I guess, I like them almost equally.

Spoiler for "Merry" Haruka solo version:
Old 2012-01-12, 12:02   Link #2665
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Japanese rice is a different type of rice than say, Chinese/Thai rice. Chinese/Thai rice are long grain rice and are fairly tasteless and dry, Japanese rice is short grain rice with high starch content and are actually very sweet and sticky. Their taste is very different, in fact once you've lived in Japan for a short while you can always tell which sushi shop is "fake" overseas (ie run by non-Japanese) just by the type of rice it uses, as those shops usually goes cheap and buy Thai rice and not real Japanese rice (which are usually very expensive to buy, as you are looking at something like 2000yen for about 5kg/10 pounds even domestically).

A lot of non-Japanese people, especially Chinese, don't understand why Japanese people can just eat rice with some light seasoning or some very light side dishes such as the pickle radish, that's because they've never truly had real Japanese rice and had only been eating cheap "fake" sushi and/or only eat Chinese/Thai rice at home. I can easily have a pound of Japanese short grain rice with just some pickles but I would never be able to do that with Chinese/Thai long grain rice, they taste really different. That said, I would also never be able to make good fried rice with Japanese rice either due to the high starch content.
I pour Kikkoman on mine XD. I just hope a US company licenses Idolmaster.
Old 2012-01-12, 15:04   Link #2666
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I pour Kikkoman on mine XD. I just hope a US company licenses Idolmaster.
The anime or the game?

The former? Possibly. The latter? Not a chance!
Old 2012-01-13, 19:10   Link #2667
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Iori Minase "visit to the retirement home" (english translated):

Old 2012-01-14, 01:00   Link #2668
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...dude. I think producer is raising Iori to be a super villain!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 03:33   Link #2669
Unknown Soldier
:D

Iori is pretty funny in the games. The part where she refers to herself as a "super bishoujo" near the start of IM@S 2 had me rolling. She's very full of herself, that Iori.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 06:37   Link #2670
Liddo-kun
is this so?

If they enjoy her song, then it's ok to pay.

The tsundere with a heart of gold. She can be grumpy sometimes, but I still like her. And I can't forget the episode where Yayoi told the others that Iori is "nice to everyone".
Old 2012-01-14, 11:13   Link #2671
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Iori is pretty funny in the games. The part where she refers to herself as a "super bishoujo" near the start of IM@S 2 had me rolling. She's very full of herself, that Iori.
I must've missed that part. In her latest CD, she refers to herself as "super idol Iori-chan".
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 19:38   Link #2672
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Spoiler for Iori Minase "visit to the retirement home" (english translated):

...the mystery was solved.
Old 2012-01-15, 07:45   Link #2673
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Does anyone know where I can find a guide of the first two games, or at least a fairly detailed summary of the character routes? I'm going to attempt a twins-centric fanfic and will need to find material to write on since I haven't played any of the games at all.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:24   Link #2674
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Does anyone know where I can find a guide of the first two games, or at least a fairly detailed summary of the character routes? I'm going to attempt a twins-centric fanfic and will need to find material to write on since I haven't played any of the games at all.
What about this?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 08:25   Link #2675
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Try this Idolmaster wikia.

http://www.project-imas.com/
Old 2012-01-15, 11:21   Link #2676
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Twenty Five

I'll hold off on the character analysis until I've seen both of the respective episode 26s, but yes, I've made it this far. Every watching of an iM@S episode complemented with a Xenoglossia one, watching the same characters go through situations that were sometimes pretty similar - but just as often, not. Yet, if it wasn't for those characters and the iDOLM@STER name, these two shows never would've been compared at all - giant robot shows and slice of life shows have.... rather different goals.

The crux of both of these episodes was everyone coming together to do the thing that they do best - sing and/or fight with giant robots to save the world. Haruka was an outlier in either case. Her iM@S breakdown and upturn was documented last week, but in Xenoglossia, her decision to be by herself is once again a good thing - because it means she can get Yukiho, who's even more alone, to snap out of it. Xeno also had a moment where Makoto and Iori teamed up after a season of animosity. I can't remember them ever having such a thing, or much direct interaction at all, in iM@S. Iori spent her time with the twins and Yayoi, while Makoto had her own social circle.

The Producer and the iDOLs both kept fighting despite injuries (only the latter's were life-threatening), but I once again must return to the love triangle. iM@S keeps it ambiguous. Miki/Haruka/Producer is hinted at during the finale picnic, but not given any real confirmation. Haurka/Imber, however, is given definite confirmation. It's the theme of the show. (Also, this version of Chihaya is more than a little crazy.)

This feature will return when episode 26 of iM@S is released, and by that point, this probably won't be in Current Series anymore. It's been fun doing it. All interpretations of the characters are valid, I think, and seeing how they play off each other in the different shows has been a real treat.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:27   Link #2677
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

It's been fun reading them. ^

grainy-ass scan. :0

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-15, 18:48   Link #2678
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One of my friends on MAL asked for it. So I might as well share it here.
Took pic of my Megami magazine that has Idolm@ster cover.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-01-15 at 19:18.
Old 2012-01-15, 21:28   Link #2679
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

yessssssssssssssssssss
Old 2012-01-16, 03:50   Link #2680
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

wwwwwwwwwwwww

And Iori makes me all wonky in a bad way.

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s