Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 10:54   Link #9861
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Remember kids, do not try to block a Maus with your Hetzer in the actual game.

But they did put some effort into reenacting the anime scenes shot for shot... though the maps didn't all fit.

In grinding news: Won 7 of 8 games in the Valentine AT, but since I'm using a cheap crew until I get closer to my goal, it's lowering my firing accuracy, which bothers me. Also goes to show the benefits of spending money on 100% crews...

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-09-22 at 11:13.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:21   Link #9862
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
There is too much risk play t49 agresive. Especially when you force too meet deep gun.

But it really map dependent. Depending on the map. Some secret spot is more agresive than other
No guts no glory!

Cheers Knackwurst it doesn't sound promising but I may still pick it up since its on sale and it would be the better choice out of the 3 German premiums on offer.

From the few times I've fought against the D.Max I noticed its frontal armor was quite good when it was sloped on a hill taking full advantage of the gun depression.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:55   Link #9863
Gravitas Free Zone

Some time ago during my first run with the Dicker Max, during the game I got my Ace Tanker by solo defending my base in Arctic Region, I bounced an 88mm Tiger shell. RNG had smiled upon me, usually the thing is a colander.

I've crunched my way up to the Alecto. The 3.7-inch howitzer is basically impossible to aim at something that is moving, though its damage is hilarious.
Old 2013-09-22, 19:16   Link #9864
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The lack of usable gun mantlet on my Indien-Panzer is very frustrating. I keep trying to play every tank like I play my T29 or my Hellcat and its not working
Apparently like the AT-15, there's absolutely nothing behind the bit of spaced armor on the Indienpanzer's gun mantlet. So a penetration WILL damage you, and worse, whatever module or crew member is behind it.

That said, the gun dep is still abusable. One of my best games in it had a guy from -G- in his 110 failing to penetrate my cupola, of all things, due to using that gun dep to the hilt.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:28   Link #9865
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So I went and bought the M3 Lee again.

"But Goose, you hated that piece of junk! Why would you buy it?"

Because the few EU players in Velocity tell me that EU gets their weekend events a week early, and that after the Type T-34-Churchill I-Stug 20 kills even, they got themselves a T-34-T1-AT-2 20 kills event. So it looks like that'll be the weekend event for this week.

The good news is that the top gun on the T1, I've already ground out on the M4, and have a spare unit sitting in my depot for sale. Bad news is that I need to grind another 15k exp on my M3 Lee to get to the T1. 1k down, 14k to go...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:32   Link #9866
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Some time ago during my first run with the Dicker Max, during the game I got my Ace Tanker by solo defending my base in Arctic Region, I bounced an 88mm Tiger shell. RNG had smiled upon me, usually the thing is a colander.

I've crunched my way up to the Alecto. The 3.7-inch howitzer is basically impossible to aim at something that is moving, though its damage is hilarious.
All the howitzers are like that. I had that feeling when I mounted the Hetzer with a hetzer, somehow I one-shot killed any poorly armored tanks.

As of the moment, I sold my Hetzer for some reason. I have to reload my MOL later so that I can buy expansion, Excelsior[Training the crew for FV4202 because it`s a beast once the player know how to play that MT well. I still have a long way to go for that MT because I`m currently using Covenanter.]

The Covenanter is in fact a fun tank and can be deadly sniper(APCR`s are good to use since it cost 800 credits].

The last game I had with Matilda is pawnage, I killed 7 tanks(2 tier above SPGs are included) without using APCR. Only the M7 priest killed me and I received a Top Gun
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:57   Link #9867
Gravitas Free Zone

No, the British derp guns in general fire a very slow shell by comparison to the other nations' derp guns... watch a Crusader or AT 2 fire their derp gun at you and you can see the shell coming... and dodge it.

The Alecto's seems to be even slower, and always fires on an arc, the plus side being that you can use very low hills as cover and hit enemies that would normally be hidden, the minus side being that predicting your shot is rather like an SPG in TD mode when things start moving. While I like golf-balling shots at people behind cover (blew up a T14 that way just now, and boy were they confused), it is really hurting my accuracy percentage.
Old 2013-09-22, 22:00   Link #9868
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Thinking about it, I have to say the Matilda is a wonderful Tier 4 tank; I had it elited in practically no time, and it's truly a joy to drive. Valentine's got a light's armor, but at least it's got decent guns that can kill above tier, and while the T-28's made of cardboard, at least its gun will put the hurt on everything that's Tier 6 and below.

I'm considering selling my Crusader though. I don't really have much fun with it, and being a Tier 5 light tank is quite painful at times. Not sure what to do with my 100% crew though...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-22, 22:08   Link #9869
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's true. At lower tier I always had a trouble finding a place to penetrate on the Matilda.
Old 2013-09-22, 22:30   Link #9870
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Thinking about it, I have to say the Matilda is a wonderful Tier 4 tank; I had it elited in practically no time, and it's truly a joy to drive. Valentine's got a light's armor, but at least it's got decent guns that can kill above tier, and while the T-28's made of cardboard, at least its gun will put the hurt on everything that's Tier 6 and below.

I'm considering selling my Crusader though. I don't really have much fun with it, and being a Tier 5 light tank is quite painful at times. Not sure what to do with my 100% crew though...
Please don`t sell your Crusader. It`s practically a support tank like the Centurions and you must play it like that. If it does not suit your play style, it`s fine[You can sell it, did you just used your gold to train the crew 100%? If yes, you wasted it].

Don`t worry, I`ll do good once I get my hands on Crusader till FV4202.

Even now, I was thinking about getting T57 HT since it got an autoloader.

Is Valentine a good tank? I somehow suffered from bad grinding before[Cruiser Mk. I]
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 22:49   Link #9871
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Please don`t sell your Crusader. It`s practically a support tank like the Centurions and you must play it like that. If it does not suit your play style, it`s fine[You can sell it, did you just used your gold to train the crew 100%? If yes, you wasted it].

Don`t worry, I`ll do good once I get my hands on Crusader till FV4202.

Even now, I was thinking about getting T57 HT since it got an autoloader.

Is Valentine a good tank? I somehow suffered from bad grinding before[Cruiser Mk. I]
Sorta used 100% on the Crusader crew. What happened was that there was a sale on crew training in June, so I got the Valentine a 100% crew, then I transferred the Commander and Driver to the Crusader, and transferred in a 100% gunner from my Cruiser II I'd ground up. (I'm still a little shocked I managed to grind a Cruiser II to 100% crew). Then from 90%, I ground them all back to 100%.

I kinda like the Crusader, but honestly it's just not working out very well for me, sadly. But I'll continue to stick with it for another week; occasionally there are days when the stars align and everything falls into place.

Valentine is a great tank, if you play it like a heavy with a light's armor. It's got a selection of good guns, and IMO is essential if you want to go up the British heavy tank line, as the Valentine unlocks three of the Churchill I's guns (Valentine's top gun is the Churchill I's 2nd best gun). You can't really take hits, but you can dish out the hurt and kill things. Unlocking the Churchill I from the Valentine allows you to jump right to dealing damage.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-23, 09:24   Link #9872
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The valentines armor isn't actually that bad since a lot of it is sloped and if you angle it right you can get a lot of bounces, thinking back I believe its the only light tank that I've gotten steel wall with.

Its only real drawback is that its painfully slow which seems silly for a light tank.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 10:01   Link #9873
Gravitas Free Zone

Assuming that next week's NA event will be this week's EU event, I re-purchased my T-34 (hey, not a bad choice anyway, though my best Soviet medium crews are currently underachieving three and four tiers up), will continue grinding to the AT 2, and... ye gods, why the hell am I going to bother going through the Lee and T1 Heavy???
Old 2013-09-23, 10:23   Link #9874
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
ye gods, why the hell am I going to bother going through the Lee and T1 Heavy???
You have a problem with one of the great tier 5 tanks?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 10:25   Link #9875
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
ye gods, why the hell am I going to bother going through the Lee and T1 Heavy???
T1 Heavy is pretty good after they removed the KV-2 turret from KV-1, so I don't really know what's the problem.
Old 2013-09-23, 10:31   Link #9876
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
T1 Heavy is pretty good after they removed the KV-2 turret from KV-1
...and revamped matchmaking so tier 5 heavies only see up to tier 7 tanks, and changed normalization of HEAT to reward angling, and nerfed the overpowered penetration of HEAT on derp mediums that used to massacre heavies in wolfpacks...
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 10:41   Link #9877
Gravitas Free Zone

I've killed a lot of T1 Heavies using a wide variety of vehicles that shouldn't be able to. Mostly because the side is a billboard made out of tissue.
Old 2013-09-23, 11:39   Link #9878
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I've killed a lot of T1 Heavies using a wide variety of vehicles that shouldn't be able to. Mostly because the side is a billboard made out of tissue.
You know what's up. Don't expose the side is all you need to do with the T1 Heavy (and the ass, but I think I don't need to point that out).

Well, everyone has their good tanks and bad tanks. As in my case, even though I have only been hearing praises for the Cromwell, I just couldn't make it work, and already sold it. Heck, I had better performance in my Easy 8 than the Cromwell.
Old 2013-09-23, 11:41   Link #9879
Gravitas Free Zone

It'll take some getting used to. Several of the T1s that I've killed thought they had their entire side behind a building, but the tank was longer than the building...
Old 2013-09-23, 13:16   Link #9880
Pen3

That Tier5 mission was horrible. Look at what it does to you.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks