AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-28, 07:53   Link #1
ticky

Talking List your top 5 best anime!

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to the anime world, and so far I've been loving it! I've only seen 4 anime series and I've LOVED all of them!

1. Bleach
2. GTO
3. Naruto
4. Initial D

List your top 5 best anime of all time!!
Old 2006-01-28, 08:28   Link #2
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
well.......theres so much i consider the best but you said 5 only....
1.Mahoraba~Hearful Days~ (I realy love it )
2.Full Metal Alchemist (great storyline weird ending)
3.Full metal Panic Fumoffu (Funniest anime Ive seen)
4.Eureka 7(great ...)
5.Shuffle(Kaede!!! )
and more.......

Old 2006-01-28, 08:40   Link #3
Animoid
So what?

Send a message via ICQ to Animoid
I have strange taste in anime, so this is my top 5:
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Elfen Lied
3. Full Metal Panic! (I prefer all seasons)
4. GTO
5. Slayers
Old 2006-01-28, 10:02   Link #4
EternityOfPain
Boss of AnimeLessons

Send a message via AIM to EternityOfPain
humm I dont like top 5... How about top 10

Top Ten Favorite Anime's:

1. Twelve Kingdoms
2. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Mahoromatic
4. Irresponsible Captain Tylor
5. Slayers
6. El Hazard
7. Hunter x Hunter
8. You're Under Arrest
9. One Piece!
10. DBZ
Old 2006-01-28, 10:10   Link #5
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Hm... I take it the question is not for just 2005. Ok, it's hard to decide, I liked almost everything I decide to watch, and there are anime still going that haven't finished so I can't put them in the list... But, since I have to...

So.. Ok let's see...

1. Card Captor Sakura (all seasons + movies). What can I say, Sakura For President I doubt my number one will ever change, but whatever
2. Chobits (Chii rules, Hideki first decent male lead I've ever seen)
3. Aishiteruze Baby : That fellow Kippei has to stand besides Rentarou, one of the best male characters I've had the pleasure to watch. This world needs more idealism like that Too sweet an anime to miss. Welcome to the top 5.
4. Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu (I always watch some episodes from time to time)
5. Spirited Away (ok, that's a movie, but it was just superb )

Hm... I'd like to give honorable mention to a few (lol ) who couldn't make it in the above list

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu . Purely due to sentimental reasons, I can't move it up to top 5. Nevertheless, this was an exemplary series, its level of animation and detail were godly, every character was fun and interesting to watch, and the VAs did a terrific job. It sets a new standard on how anime should be made. However, the first season is more into comedy, so don't watch it hoping it'll solve world hunger or anything. However, there are clues here and there that point to more serious development in future seasons.
Kokoro Library. Yes, it was strange, it was cute, it was slow, it was touching and I liked it I'll probably watch it again at some point. Slice-of-life.
Zettai Shounen. Add supernatural and philosophical content to the above. It was an interesting experience. Slice-of-Life.
Battle Athletes Victory (TV). I don't know, something about the characters and the school thing makes me like it for some reason. I'll probably watch it a 4th time at some point. Although it's sports, I really liked it somehow... Incredible, cause I don't like sport anime at all.
Tsubasa Chronicles. It has potential to move to my top 5 list, but since there are apparently 2 more seasons to go, I can't put that in my top 5 list. Probably the main reason I like it is Sakura's presence in the anime I couldn't care less about everyone else
Trigun. I've watched it twice, liked it every time Although Trigun's ending was a bit vague for me, I needed another 5 minutes ending at least. Still a must-see.
Futakoi. Despite what many people say, I thought it was very nice, BETTER THAN SHUFFLE, and Nozomu was a really decent fellow. It's harem so have your expectations as low as possible, as with anything of this genre No, not THAT low... At least it doesn't claim to be serious and it works very well when confrontations occur.
Futakoi Alternative. Just because Rentarou rules, the way he treated Sara and Soujyo was exemplary.
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's. Although I liked 1st season, too, YES, I liked the 2nd more Especially the ending was one of the best I've seen. And hurray for Season 3 coming out
To Heart (original) / To Heart - Remember my memories (sequel): The sweetest characters and the sweetest couple. Hiroyuki stands with Rentarou and the others in the "Best male characters". HiroyukixAkari FTW
Mai Hime . At first I thought it was gonna be pretty lame, maybe drop some fanservice along the way and some stupid action scenes. After finishing it, I had to take those first thoughts back. It was a pure masterpiece for me, maybe I should elevate that to my Top 5 Although Mai Otome, a MH spin-off was fun too, it can't beat Mai Hime. In contrast to a number of people, I enjoyed the ending immensely
Fantastic Children The ending theme was nice, I found the story nice and I liked some twists that it had. Overall a very nice piece. Seriously underrated if you ask me, as its story and characters are tied together exceptionally. It's one of those gems of excellent storytelling.
Canvas 2 Take the final scene of the ending credits out and you have a wonderful love triangle story with adorable side characters. Add the final scene... and well... I think it's still better than Shuffle. I haven't rewatched it yet but people claim there are clues that point to the ending... Well, that's for the better
Shakugan no Shana I thought the story was original, the first episode made quite an impression and I kept watching. I have only one complain for this series... Poor Hecate You'll know if you watch the whole series. Other than that it was an action oriented series with nice doses of romance.
AIR TV series Why isn't it in the top 5 you ask? Well... it was too depressing and the ending was depressing and the final arc of the series was depressing... If you've already watched Kanon, trust me, this series really IS depressing to the bitter end. But it was a well made anime nonetheless, no doubt about it. It can mop the flour with its cousin Kanon any day.
Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ Forget umeboshi, this romance/comedy series is sweet beyond comparison. I mean, I'm seriously considering moving that up to my top 5. Despite the main character being someone of a wimp (and having a somewhat annoying voice), it's still pure excellence, if you're into sweet stuff. Only thing I hated is that the manga picks on after the ending and you have to read the manga to get the real ending... Bleh...
Karin Don't be fooled by the opening, fanservice in the first episodes is minimal to none, and all except one or two instances of fanservice are well placed. Good romantic comedy with an ending that remains true to the spirit of a romantic comedy.
Da Capo/Da Capo Second Season Although it seems like Harem, it's focused on a particular couple's relationship. By the way, although I liked all the girls, Nemu rules Although Aisia rules more Anyway, it was a very nice 52 ep run. Recommended, although the characters are more or less typical for a harem genre (although the male lead, while being a total slob, actually KNOWS what he wants, in contrast to most harem male leads).
Binchou-tan Is there a cuter thing out there than Bichoutan and her friends? A nice slice-of-life anime. 12 episodes of sweetness (and a bit of depression).
Shingetsutan Tsukihime It was pretty good. Interesting plot, interesting character, nice music. One drawback was that the animation seemed a bit off at times, usually regarding a certain character, but it was good overall. The other is that while they give you many clues and information to understand what's going on, understanding MOST (not all) of it involves rewatching and paying attention. Understanding the whole thing means playing the game, and this sucks. But other than that it was very well made. Did I say that the BG music was great?
Utawarerumono Pretty good, I liked the mystery involved with the main char's identity, the ending episodes were satisfying although the ending lacked a bit, but that wasn't that serious. Hakuoro is a lucky man All male leads kicked ass, all female characters were adorable, the battles were interesting although it got a bit too bloody for my taste at some point. The plot was interesting, it kept me wanting for more, although some might find it a bit cliche (I think I saw that somewhere in its forum).
Ouran Highschool Host Club For the laughs. A ultra-funny reverse harem. Haruhi, the female lead seems to be my least favorite character, but she was essential for the laugh and she contributed much, so even if I could do without her, the series couldn't. Hoping for a second season.
School Rumble S1 and S2 One of THE absolute school life comedy series. Enough said. If you haven't seen at least season 1, you don't know what you're missing.
Lamune No, you shouldn't watch this as your average school romance or whatever conversion. It's slice-of-life romance, so have a bit of patience. You can watch it for Nanami alone, but the romance development and the climactic last episode are the essence of the series for me. Then, there's Sakura...
Genshiken Yeah... I feel for all those guys... Makes me think of the future Definitely a must-see. Typical days in the life of not-so-typical otakus.

6 ep jewels:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Shinigami no Ballad

Ok it's probably my top 5+ list, but whatever

Current anime that I'm watching which appear to have potential (meaning I'll like them as a whole probably) are Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (yes, I still haven't time to finish it), The Third, Tsubasa Chronicles 2nd Season (same goes for those 2), Honey and Clover (once I finish the second season, I'll move it up ), Code Geass, Otogi Juushi Akazukin (that's so going up - yeah, it's a kids' show, any problem with that? ), Sumomomomomomo, Tokimeki Memorial ~Only Love, Asatte no Houkou, Chokotto Sister, Happiness!.

Ok, I'll stop now But I'll keep adding more, if need be.

Last edited by npal; 2007-02-08 at 07:07.
Old 2006-01-28, 10:24   Link #6
Rachy
Disabled By Request

1. Naruto - at the moment its the bestest.
2. Full Metal Alchemist - Great story and characters.
3. Card Captor Sakura - Just because.
4. Cowboy bebop - Best dubbing, Good story/animation/characters/ending/music it has basically everything.
5. Rurouni Kenshin - Just for Aoshi <3
Old 2006-01-28, 10:49   Link #7
solymir

1)elfen lied
2)Kenshin- Reminiscence (tsuikohen)
3)Chrno crusade
4)Bleach
5)Kimi ga Nazomu Eien and AIR TV
Old 2006-01-28, 12:43   Link #8
shiro83

kanon
air
yami to boushi to hon no tabibito
school rumble
shakugan no shana
Old 2006-01-28, 13:04   Link #9
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

How does this have anything to do with suggestions? O__o Oh well.

Anyway, here are my top 5, in no particular order: Haibane Renmei, Juuni Kokuki, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Honey & Clover, Kino no Tabi, Air TV. Okay, so that's 6. It was still pretty hard to narrow it down. ><

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-01-28, 13:15   Link #10
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yeah, maybe it should be in the General Anime thread, ALTHOUGH, saying which anime you really liked IS like suggesting to people that they should watch those
Old 2006-01-28, 13:36   Link #11
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

When it comes to my favorite anime, these three titles come to mind:

1. Azumanga Daioh
2. Daicon IV
3. Cowboy Bebop
Old 2006-01-28, 14:22   Link #12
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
3. AIR TV
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. Noir
Old 2006-01-28, 14:31   Link #13
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Azumanga Daioh --One of the funniest shows I’ve seen. It carefully is humorous without stretching the bounds of believability and that alone makes it refreshing.

Haibane Renmei--A surreal journey through a fictional world, however, at the same time I couldn’t help but think about and amend my own philosophy on how the world works.

Card Captor Sakura--Only long series (26+) I’ve seen that hasn’t slowed down or been stuffed with filler. The story has a quaint charm with plenty of plot twists and the characters are quite enduring, complex, and interesting.

Full Metal Alchemist--A longer fantasy series and though the characterization slows and a bit of filler sneaks into the story, the plot twists never stop. FMA pulls no punches, and in particular I like how they make life seem fleeting and fragile.

Air--An interesting series filled which through the first half seems predictable and then everything shifts dramatically and unexpectedly.

Currently watching Karin and Zettai Shonen both are contenders and which might change my order, depending on how they turn out.
Old 2006-01-28, 14:35   Link #14
GrapeSoda

1: Furi Kuri (always will be)
2: One Piece
3: Honey & Clover
4: School Rumble
5: Akira
Old 2006-01-28, 15:17   Link #15
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Best or favorite? There is a difference you know.

My favorite anime would be

1> Nadesico - great series. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who just started watching anime though. However, it's one of the must see series for otaku the world over. It's being rereleased in an r2 box set in march.

2> Legend of Galactic Heroes - Another great series, a space opera the way it was meant to be done. A classic scifi series and one of the best of the genre animated or otherwise.

3> Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ - A great romantic comedy which manages to avoid being a harem. Very enjoyable with suprisingly deep characters. Unfortunately some of the depth from the manga is lost in the anime...

4> AIR - I actually think this series is better than Mahoraba, but I didn't like it quite as much. Still to be my fourth favorite of all time says a lot. A great bishoujo series, with a deep plot. The great animation from Kyoani(who also did full metal panic fumufu and fmp second raid) adds a lot to the series. Still it's not for everyone.

5> So many series I could mention here... I guess I'll go with Genshiken, as it inspired me to become a better otaku. Wait, is that a good thing?

Other candidates for #5 would be Lain, Stellvia, Kiminozu, Aria, Ichigo Mashimaro, and quite a few others. Really I only have my favorites sorted for the first 4 slots.
Old 2006-01-28, 17:16   Link #16
Juan Valdez

Yikes. That's a tough one. One, because there are so many great animes out there and more keep coming out all the time. Two, because my tastes change over time. Ranma 1/2 used to be my all-time number one favorite. That is no longer the case.

Anyway, if I had to list my top picks right now, I would say (in no paticiular order):

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Suzuka
School Rumble
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Haibane Renmei
Paranoia Agent
Ichigo 100% (though I really don't know why)
Ranma 1/2 (classic!)
Cowboy Bebop
Millennium Actress (movie)
Castle of Cagliostro (movie)
Whisper of the Heart (movie)
Mind Game (movie)
Old 2006-01-28, 18:20   Link #17
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

In no Particular order(over 5 srry):

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memories
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
After War Gundam X
Turn A Gundam
Cowboy Bebop
Kenshin-(Tsuikohen)
Juusenki L-Gaim
Giant Robo
Gungrave
Touhai Densetsu Akagi
Gakutsuou
Please Save my Earth
Old 2006-01-28, 18:25   Link #18
Chichi

Wow, what a task. I cannot possibly make a definitive ‘Top Five’ list but I will attempt to do a ‘Top Ten’ nonetheless, even if that may again causes problems.

Gungrave
- A distinctive action-packed blockbuster-equivalent with interesting character relations.

Gunslinger Girl
- Cleverly thought out story with a serious underline normally absent from other titles of this genre.

Last Exile
- Haven’t seen a ‘Gonzo’ production like this yet, - chaotic and satisfying to the very end.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
- Beautifully crafted love story from start to finish.

Beck
- A stylish and memorable title that revolves around romance and music.

Gantz
- Incredibly gory with a modish roughness that can only demand respect.

Berserk
- An undeniable Anime classic, revolving in a time period often absent from other titles.

Akira
Surely this should have been everyone’s first introductory title? Classic, no need to elaborate.

Spirited Away
Alice in Wonderland anew.

Honey & Clover
Slice of life… - greatly portrayed in awe-like presentation that will simply complement the romantic infused premise.

-
There’s plenty more titles that I will probably remember at a later stage and hit myself on the forehead repeatedly for why I forgot to add them. These are simply ones that came to mind.
Old 2006-01-28, 20:55   Link #19
RagnarokCo

Send a message via MSN to RagnarokCo
1. Bleach
2. Gundam Seed
3. Shuffle
4. Juuni Kokki
5. One Piece

Popular, mainstream but favorites none the least.
Old 2006-01-29, 00:24   Link #20
mit7059

1. Inital D- So addicting, the only show I can watch over and over without it ever getting old.
2.Aishiteru ze Baby- not sure why I love this so much...but I do.
3.Prince of Tennis- 178 episodes, need I say more?
4. Hikaru no Go- the singular reason why I failed my exams last year.
5. Bleach- mindless entertainment
6.Tsubasa Chronicle- strangely addicting
7.Patlabor- timeless classic
8.Da Capo- better than Shuffle?
9.Full Metal Alchemist- ending kinda sucked....
10. Full Metal Panic- comedy, action, and messed up romance?

Naruto no longer deserves to be on any list due to excessive filler episodes.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Closed Thread