AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-25, 15:53   Link #81
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)

THANK YOU! Life is beautiful!
Old 2007-04-25, 16:02   Link #82
Arkzein
Veritas Vincet

Brilliant, just as I get in the door! Great timing.
Old 2007-04-25, 16:34   Link #83
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163 View Post
Lililicious and Otenba are proud to present our joint subtitling efforts of the third Maria-sama ga Miteru third season OVA and the accompanying special.
Yeah!

(runs home to download as view it ASAP)
Old 2007-04-25, 16:46   Link #84
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I am home sick and was dl other anime but when I saw the post by Rose Chineses I stop all and put all my bandwidth to get this lol. Thank you for the release I can't wait to see the sub version.
Old 2007-04-25, 19:28   Link #85
soccer_bre
rawr

Send a message via AIM to soccer_bre Send a message via MSN to soccer_bre
how do i download it? its not working for me! ahhhh....
Old 2007-04-25, 21:04   Link #86
Cyblaster
Lurker

I think that it might just be me, but did that sub 'miss' a line in the scene where Yumi (in panda costume) is hugging Sachiko? the line after that 'missed line' was something like 'I didn't think that you would find me so quickly'.....maybe the 'missed line' was just part of the line before (or after) it and I just didn't catch it properly.

otherwise, I thought that it was a great job.
Old 2007-04-25, 23:10   Link #87
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

hmm..the video looked a bit odd to me..dunno maybe twas because the first thing i saw when i woke up was that the subbed version was out and i dwnloaded and started watchin it in some 10 mins. I dont think the subber missed al ine, but rather his two sentences covered up for the 3 lines that were spoken, but it is just my speculation..

Episode is again Maria sama at its best. I like Kanako but i think she should try liking Yumi-chan for what she is and not chase only the image in her mind. Touko chan blushing was tottemo kawaii moment for me in the episode.

The last scen did look a bit funny with Sachiko and a Panda running towards each other, but i guess its fine...After all Sachiko had to prove her thoery from the Greenhouse

the specials..well as usual, they are totally awesome..couldnt stop laughing..looking forward to episode 4
Old 2007-04-26, 01:04   Link #88
Cyblaster
Lurker

ok, thanks. I probably just thought it looked weird because someone was talking and there was no line on the screen.
Old 2007-04-26, 07:08   Link #89
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyblaster View Post
I think that it might just be me, but did that sub 'miss' a line in the scene where Yumi (in panda costume) is hugging Sachiko? the line after that 'missed line' was something like 'I didn't think that you would find me so quickly'.....maybe the 'missed line' was just part of the line before (or after) it and I just didn't catch it properly.

otherwise, I thought that it was a great job.
I just rewatched the scene and couldn't find any time when there was dialog with no subs on the screen, unless you mean where Sachiko nods and just makes a noise without saying any words? If you could give me a specific time, that would help.
Maybe your video player just skipped, or got out of synch?
Old 2007-04-26, 07:11   Link #90
pkgirl163

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_bre View Post
how do i download it? its not working for me! ahhhh....
We offer four download methods (direct http download, megaupload, BT, and IRC). Have you tried all of them?
Old 2007-04-26, 07:32   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think he meant the link you posted, which didn't work for me either when I first read your post. (I got the torrent from elsewhere.)

BTW, thanks for the sub.
Old 2007-04-26, 08:59   Link #92
pkgirl163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think he meant the link you posted, which didn't work for me either when I first read your post. (I got the torrent from elsewhere.)

BTW, thanks for the sub.
Hmm. The link seems to be working for me now. Maybe the page was temporarily down? Our apologies for the inconvenience.

And you're welcome!
Old 2007-04-26, 11:08   Link #93
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Now that I've watched it, I feel a bit weird.

Before, all I knew about Kanako was that she was tall and a yumi-fan. I imagined that it was because she saw in Yumi all the qualities she lacked: approachable, friendly, cute... Generally unremarkable... I thought she admired and envied Yumi, and wanted to be like her. That was confirmed when Noriko described her as a kind of loner.

Now, I kinda dislike her. The stalker thing was already sort of bad, but the speech she gave to Yumi... "Be how we imagine you to be!"... WTF was she thinking? I was glad Sachiko was there to stand up for her petite soeur.

Also, question:
Kanako implied she wasn't the only yumi-fan around. How many are there, and are they all like that?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2007-05-01 at 08:05.
Old 2007-04-26, 12:46   Link #94
mdauben

Quote:
Before, all I knew about Kanako was that she was tall and a yumi-fan.
Same here, but now I find her a much more interesting character.

Quote:
Now, I kinda dislike her.
Sure, she was out of line trying to lay all that responsibility of living up to the idea she had impossed on Yumi, but at the same time it makes me wonder why was she doing that, and how will Yumi help her? (You know she is going to! Yumi can't help butting in when she thinks someone needs help). Much more interesting than if she was just some shy, gawky younger girl who liked Yumi.

Quote:
Kanako implied she wasn't the only yumi-fan around. How many are there, and are they all like that?
Of course, Yumi is a bouton after all. As the sœur to such a popular figure in the school as Sachiko she is bound to attract attention. Plus she is cute and does have a lot of admirable qualities. If nothing else she can serve as a figure of "fantasy identification" for all the other "shy and unremarkable" girls in the school who can identify with her and might want to picture themselves in her place.

Last edited by mdauben; 2007-04-26 at 12:57.
Old 2007-04-26, 14:03   Link #95
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Now that I've watched it, I feel a bit weird.

Before, all I knew about Kanako was that she was tall and a yumi-fan. I imagined that it was because she saw in Yumi all the quality she lacked: approachable, friendly, cute... Generally unremarkable... I thought she admired and envied Yumi, and wanted to be like her. That was confirmed when Noriko described her as a kind of loner.

Now, I kinda dislike her. The stalker thing was already sort of bad, but the speech she gave to Yumi... "Be how we imagine you to be!"... WTF was she thinking? I was glad Sachiko was there to stand up for her petite soeur.

Also, question:
I also feel a little weird about Kanako now. Seeing her was one thing I was looking forward to, because well I dislike Touko as a potential Soeur so I wanted to see what kind of competition she was (even though it feels like Touko is going to take the place no matter what... ). After seeing the show I don't dislike her, but well she was just a little creepy (in a good way I guess?). I would still like to see more of her to get to know her character better, and I also want to add that I was really impressed by Ami Koshimizu's job voicing her (she has alot of range!).

I was less impressed with the second half of the episode in particular the incredibly cheesy panda hug sequence. Of course I realize they were just trying to show how deep Yumi and Sachiko's bond was but well I found it to be very overblown.

Still can't wait to see the next episode. Hopefully Kanako will get fleshed out to be more than a stalker.
Old 2007-04-26, 14:33   Link #96
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I was less impressed with the second half of the episode in particular the incredibly cheesy panda hug sequence. Of course I realize they were just trying to show how deep Yumi and Sachiko's bond was but well I found it to be very overblown.
I agree, the panda scene was way over the top cheesy.

I found Kanako to be quite interesting and I really want to know why does she hate men so much.

I liked that we saw a bit more of Tsutako, she is one of my favourites and handled the situation with the too many sandwiches superbly. Touko showed a nicer side of her personality which was good to see.

Old 2007-04-26, 17:04   Link #97
Dop
Mmmm....

Hurrah for Lililicious and Otenba for all their hard work!

The whole creepy Kanako thing - no wonder Touko said there was a bad atmosphere at the Rose Mansion.

I quite liked the panda thing, I'd successfully guessed who was originally in the costume, but at the end Sachiko had been in a high place surrounded by men, so was panicky enough to climb down a ladder.

And I love the Naisho. The bit with 'Alice' trying on the uniform was a worthy successor to the alternative title sequence in Naisho 2 where 'Alice' mentions skirts and is outraged to discover he won't be wearing one.

God, I love this series.
Old 2007-04-26, 21:53   Link #98
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Yumi fan base are mostly in 1st year and course she has other. The first year truly look up to her which is reason Kanako have this grant idea what Yumi should be. She also as very approachable and friendly which make popular with other years. This was kind cover in the first book but was not give air time in the anime. The play was actually a lot smaller but when Yumi got involved lot group start to help in make the play better. Group like sewing and invention club came to help with out been ask by the Yamayurikai. The only group the Yamayurikai ask for help was the dance club.

Don't hate Kanako just yet she doe get better cuter in the next OVA. I know when I first learn about how Kanako was following Yumi was be weird as well but as I learn more about her I start to like more.

BTW Yumi also has event more fans that other member of Yamayurikai.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-27, 00:25   Link #99
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
And I love the Naisho. The bit with 'Alice' trying on the uniform was a worthy successor to the alternative title sequence in Naisho 2 where 'Alice' mentions skirts and is outraged to discover he won't be wearing one.
Alice is great -- I hope we get more Alice as the series (however much there is of it; have the OAVs been selling well enough to justify more?) progresses.

Memo to self: get caught up on the light novels....
Old 2007-04-27, 04:00   Link #100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
Yumi fan base are mostly in 1st year and course she has other. The first year truly look up to her which is reason Kanako have this grant idea what Yumi should be. She also as very approachable and friendly which make popular with other years. This was kind cover in the first book but was not give air time in the anime. The play was actually a lot smaller but when Yumi got involved lot group start to help in make the play better. Group like sewing and invention club came to help with out been ask by the Yamayurikai. The only group the Yamayurikai ask for help was the dance club.
I don't believe it had anything to do with Yumi. From the translation I read, those clubs volunteered before Yumi came into the picture - they were just glad she was the one to open the door instead of one of the rosae.
Closed Thread