AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-15, 18:04   Link #1561
Boduar

Its funny how when I rewatched episode 1 the like first 20 second clip is now 100% clear and its funny how simon just always ends up taking over the job of the people before him. First it was kamina, then genome, and then the anti-spiral. And of course since we know its Simon its 100% possibility he can beat the entire spiral government (with boota + whoever else is actually there on that ship).
Old 2008-11-15, 20:24   Link #1562
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Its funny how when I rewatched episode 1 the like first 20 second clip is now 100% clear and its funny how simon just always ends up taking over the job of the people before him. First it was kamina, then genome, and then the anti-spiral. And of course since we know its Simon its 100% possibility he can beat the entire spiral government (with boota + whoever else is actually there on that ship).
That scene was a parallel Simon and Boota not our Simon and Boota. If you also pay attention to the first episode Alt-Simon says all the stars are our enemies. Where in the last episode our Simon says all the stars are our spiral friends the exact opposite. Or something to that effect.
Old 2008-11-19, 13:03   Link #1563
NyxOne

Uh...that guy says 'lights', not stars. And...well...that scene also had no meaning since TTGL took a whole different direction from what was planned.

Plus, why the crap would they play heroic music FOR VILLAINS?
Old 2008-11-19, 13:24   Link #1564
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Uh...that guy says 'lights', not stars. And...well...that scene also had no meaning since TTGL took a whole different direction from what was planned.

Plus, why the crap would they play heroic music FOR VILLAINS?
Kirarakim's post didn't really talk about being good or bad, instead is whether those stars or lights are enemies or allies.

I've always seen both scenes as a homage to Top wo Nerae! where there was an episode and a self homage/reference in Top wo Nerae!2. They pointed out that everything they can see are enemies, every light that is filling up the entire radar screen are enemies, every patch of darkness are enemies and such.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread