AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-05, 20:29   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Kitamura Eri is doing a great job as Ami. Really, this is the best I've ever liked her work. She was Saya in Blood+, Makoto in Touka Gettan, and Rin in Kodomo no Jikan.

This is her most productive year so far, with 18 roles. Right now, she is not only playing Ami here, but also Sanpeita in Kemeko Deluxe, Rima in Vampire Knight, Rimi in Chaos;Head, and Natsuki in Ga-Rei Zero.

KitaEri in real life is a good artist, an otaku, and a bit of a loonie. To get an idea of what she's like, check out j1m0ne's blog, for instance this post. The following photo of KitaEri is from another of j1's posts:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:32   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I would rank her with Kawasumi Ayako for her range of voices. Certainly more impressive than more famous ones like Aya Hirano.
Old 2008-11-05, 22:09   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I would rank her with Kawasumi Ayako for her range of voices. Certainly more impressive than more famous ones like Aya Hirano.
I love Hirano Aya and her work, but I'm not going to compare her for versatility or professional skill with Kawasumi Ayako, or Paku Romi, or Sawashiro Miyuki, or Koshimizu Ami or many others.

However, I will say that I think she can get emotion across better than lots of more skillful and versatile seiyuus, such as Horie Yui, or Mizuki Nana, or Kugimiya Rie, or Kitamura Eri. Not that she always does, but she can, in shows like Nana, and Manabi Straight, and Daughter of Twenty-Faces.

For me, there are two kinds of seiyuus: announcers and actresses. The announcers can simulate any kind of voice or emotion. The actresses can make me feel the character and emotion. Some people, like Paku Romi in particular, are at the top of both lists. Kawasumi Ayako, Kuwashima Houko, Sakamoto Maaya, Orikasa Fumiko, and recently Koshimizu Ami, are in that general realm, too. People like Kobayashi Sanae and Takahashi Rieko are real actresses.

In any case, it gives me so much pleasure to start enjoying a seiyuu I have heard and been indifferent to before. This season, I'm feeling that about both Kitamura Eri and Kugimiya Rie.

MORE: Actually, now that I think of it, there is another category of seiyuu: the Voice. With them, I just enjoy the sound of their voices, whether they are acting that well or being versatile or not. Super-moe voices like Hanazawa Kana, Sasaki Nozomi, the early Saitou Chiwa, and the early Yahagi Sayuri fall into that category. I'd enjoy hearing them read the telephone book.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-11-05, 22:57   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm curious to know what voice she does with hashi (chopsticks) dangling from her nose.... (I'm assuming those are chopsticks...).

Pretty loonies are so much fun....
Old 2008-11-05, 23:27   Link #25
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Just like what sound did Shoko did when she is biting her cats?
Old 2008-11-05, 23:47   Link #26
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
MORE: Actually, now that I think of it, there is another category of seiyuu: the Voice. With them, I just enjoy the sound of their voices, whether they are acting that well or being versatile or not. Super-moe voices like Hanazawa Kana, Sasaki Nozomi, the early Saitou Chiwa, and the early Yahagi Sayuri fall into that category. I'd enjoy hearing them read the telephone book.
To mention a male voice actor: Norio Wakamoto.

(Who else went "OH SHI-" or something similar when they heard the drunk guy's voice in episode 4 of Kannagi?)
Old 2008-11-06, 19:18   Link #27
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm generally not too familiar with female seiyu, unless they do plenty of shounen/seinen series. Those who are active in visual novel-turned-anime series tend to slip under my radar.

Toradora doesn't seem to have big weights in the male department, except for Kitamura (the guy, not Ami's seiyu).
Old 2008-11-14, 22:31   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I just realised something: You can catch both Kugimiya Rie and Majima Junji in the Korean MMORPG Granado Espada, with the Japanese voice sets of course. Rie does a loli (Clare) while Junji has two roles. Doubt they sounded anything like Ryuji.
Old 2008-11-16, 01:01   Link #29
Isekaijin

As soon as I read the manga I knew it was up to Rie Kugimiya the voice of Taiga. When I saw the anime I did my "I knew it, I knew it" dance.

It's really a fine cast. Haven't seen Kugimiya and Horie together since Zero no Tsukaima. And I loved Eri Kitamura in her role as Akeno Shiranui from Seto no Hanayome.

But sadly I know nothing of the two male protagonists. Or may I say the male protagonist and the side-kick?
Old 2008-12-12, 03:32   Link #30
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Kugimiya Rie & ... Taiga ^^

Old 2008-12-30, 21:23   Link #31
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ah yes. Kugimiya-san never fails to amaze me with her "older than her age" looks.
Old 2008-12-31, 14:39   Link #32
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
To mention a male voice actor: Norio Wakamoto.

(Who else went "OH SHI-" or something similar when they heard the drunk guy's voice in episode 4 of Kannagi?)
Don't forget George Nakata and Nobuki Hiyama. They're definitely The Voice too.
Old 2009-01-07, 21:35   Link #33
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

horie yui, kugimiya rie...omg i love you both so much...though i must say, kugimiya rie has a really high voice when she's speaking normally...it was kind of weird at first, but i think i like it cuz her face kinda fits it, shes just so cute haha.

Ami's got a nice voice too

btw does anyone have pictures of the seiyuus for inko and ryu's mom?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-01-08 at 04:01. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2009-01-07, 21:39   Link #34
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ohara-san's picture should be widely available. Goto Saori-chan is the voice for Inko.
Old 2009-01-22, 02:26   Link #35
wistfulloner

I really like Kanou Sumire's voice actor's performance in Ep16. How she cried out everything after fighting with Taiga was just amazing. All the emotions were announced so strongly in that anguished voice. Excellent voice acting.
Old 2009-01-24, 04:09   Link #36
Semantics
Ahhh, the irony.

I think I mentioned this in the episode thread but I'm going to say it again. Kitamura Eri and Horie Yui are brilliant towards the end of episode 16, where Kitamura (Eri) gives the definitive line "Are your feelings of guilt gone" and Horie's gasp in reply. Amazing! I am now in awe with Kitamura Eri, for successfully fleshing out such a delectable (personality-wise) character. It dosen't hurt that she's a little eclectic and completely insane in real life.
Old 2009-02-03, 01:17   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Finally, we get more talking from Tanaka Rie and Nonaka Ai. Tanaka-san's run as the ill-fortune sensei is... funny, to say the least. Also, finally figured out who Kihara is.
Old 2009-02-03, 01:45   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was very impressed with most of the voice acting in 16 and 17 from all the characters. Rie is almost terrifying as the "good angelic" Taiga. Sumire's VA punched her lines out with gusto. Eri and Yui ... just very good stuff.

So who is Kihara voiced by?

I think my only complaint was that Ryuuji's VA seemed off-voice in some segments.
Old 2009-02-03, 01:51   Link #39
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Vexx: That would be Nonoka Ai.

On Kaida Yuko, I first heard her in Godannar as Shadow. I knew I heard Sumire's deep voice somewhere before....

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-03-24 at 08:11.
Old 2009-02-03, 06:14   Link #40
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So who is Kihara voiced by?
Nonaka Ai.

Most would probably remember her as Fuuko from Clannad.
Closed Thread