AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 22:24   Link #2841
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Pettan Pettan Tsurupettan
Don't start a war again brother all know that "pettan" word belong to whom, so please stop.
I already have enough war this week since the new guy's seem a rebellious one and have pretty bad reputation on the street (efen the "watcher" feel something to them to request my assistance to tame them)
So start the new one in this thread is not so good

oh! I have a question does anybody here have some sort of 3d Modelling skill?, I want some Hayate Polygon or NURBS for my Resident Evil 4 mods to replace Leon.
And Hina NURBS for Ashley replacement. So if you have any skill, and willing to gimme the file, I'll be very grateful....

..by the way I use 3DSMax and MAYA.

another waiting....for the next chapter
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 23:48   Link #2842
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Pettan Pettan Tsurupettan

Pettan Pettan Mochipettan
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:54   Link #2843
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Don't start a war again brother all know that "pettan" word belong to whom, so please stop.
So, does it belong to Nagi or Kotetsu?
Old 2009-09-23, 15:35   Link #2844
Rah

but i love pancakes
Old 2009-09-24, 05:30   Link #2845
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I dislike this arc. Particularly because the A in Athena stands for antagonized to hell and back. I was fine with the story that managed to rear its face in the midst of a comedy romance series. But right now the Hayate series, which was something that always managed to crack a joke somewhere, even when it was being more serious, isn't the same Hayate no Gotoku we have now.

There wasn't a single joke in the last three chapters. I don't count Machina's "I don't want to" as a joke because I didn't find that funny at all.

I don't mind it when HnG is about a story or the plot. But really, I didn't sign up for Hayate because it wasn't a comedy series.

The only good thing that has happened so far was Hina getting cut off from her confession.
I agree. Hata should know why most of his fans are reading his series. We have enough serious series out there. Well, the developements are kind of interesting...(mostly to Athena fans) but still... I don't mean that he should always follow readers' tastes, but what I want to say is he's dragging it too long. And he's investing too much time to a character that popped up recently (no offense to Athena fans)

And seriously, is Nagi and Maria even the heroine of this series? If I showed someone this manga from EoW arc, that person would think Athena was the heroine. Dammit Hata, more than half the fans of this series are fans of Nagi, Maria and Hina. We had enough Hina, but we didn't have much Maria and Nagi lately dammit.

Nagi and Maria should better appear a lot after this arc. And lots of comedy too.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 05:51   Link #2846
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
I agree. Hata should know why most of his fans are reading his series. We have enough serious series out there. Well, the developements are kind of interesting...(mostly to Athena fans) but still... I don't mean that he should always follow readers' tastes, but what I want to say is he's dragging it too long. And he's investing too much time to a character that popped up recently (no offense to Athena fans)

And seriously, is Nagi and Maria even the heroine of this series? If I showed someone this manga from EoW arc, that person would think Athena was the heroine. Dammit Hata, more than half the fans of this series are fans of Nagi, Maria and Hina. We had enough Hina, but we didn't have much Maria and Nagi lately dammit.

Nagi and Maria should better appear a lot after this arc. And lots of comedy too.
I agree about there being alot of Maria fans but I've barely noticed many Nagi fans at all if any... Perhaps they've just been overwhelmed by the Hina love and the second place Maria love....
Old 2009-09-24, 07:21   Link #2847
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
I agree about there being alot of Maria fans but I've barely noticed many Nagi fans at all if any... Perhaps they've just been overwhelmed by the Hina love and the second place Maria love....
Nagi ranked third in the second character popularity poll. And she was like 40 votes away from Maria. We just don't see many Nagi fans around here.
Old 2009-09-24, 07:34   Link #2848
holyman282

you're probably right it's just that I haven't seen that many. Doesn't mean there aren't shadow lovers of Nagi lol! As for me Hinagiku is definitely my favourite followed by Athena whom I simply love for not only her character but for taking this manga to the next stage of story telling.
Old 2009-09-24, 07:55   Link #2849
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:

I disagree. I think this change of pace is quite crucial to the eventual plots completion, and also quite refreshing. Whilst I do love the light and comedic side of Hayate, I seriously enjoyed the dramatic cliffhangers we had for the latest few chapters.

And when you say a character that has popped up, I disagree as Athene first popped up in Chapter 88. It was, really, a sense of foreshadowing since it was quite subtle that that "ex-girlfriend" would be important somehow. Its also about time Hata explained the indepth past of Hayate. That in itself is quite drama filled already, but Hata made it moreso and gave us a much more entertaining and discussion-worthy material for something that had to be done eventually. Next character to be discussed crucial to Hayate's past is probably his big brother; he seems to have influenced Hayate's character and could be a crucial part to the plot overall.

I never have been a fan of a particular character, but if I had to it'll probably be Hinagiku (naturally). However, I equally like Nagi in some parts, Maria in others, Izumi thrown in there and whatnot. However, I think Athena is slowly pushing her way up into the top 3 or so.

Maria was never meant to be the heroine of the series; it has always and will be Nagi. Although not a lot of time has been invested into Nagi's background, the Shimoda arc was a great addition to it along with the small contributions over the course of Hayate. Even now, when Hayate states his feelings without Nagi or the others knowing (apart from Hinagiku), I can think of a dozen ways how its important to Nagi. The stone is more important than more readers would have it to be, I would think; I regard it as something totally crucial to the plot.

If you were to show someone who has absolutely no previous knowledge of Hayate no Gotoku, then of course that person would think so. However, if you were to show them after you tell them the gist of the plot within the first few chapters or so, they would think that this wouldn't be. Since they are at a young age, it can be directly known that this past-filled chapters are crucial to the plot in some way they wouldn't know. They would also know Athena isn't the heroine, Nagi or even Maria is (since they don't know the story of Hayate no Gotoku). And I'm even going as far as saying they would recognise the importance of this past in relation to Hayate himself.

Oh, and when you say they [Maria and Nagi] appear in the next arc; did you mean as in developing the characters by showing their pasts (which is a crucial method to Hayate I think), or just every-day life once more? Or perhaps a mix of the both, as when in the latest intimate coupled with misunderstanding between Hayate and Maria.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 07:58   Link #2850
Rah

Relax there, prim. The story is most likely already all planned out, and all these in between things are just to raise it's popularity, prolong the story, promote the sales, and keep it afloat. Don't be so obsessed with what's going to happen, and just go with the flow. It's easily enjoyable if you don't take things too seriously.

Well, at least for me it's like that. In any manga I'm fine with whatever happening. It's just a manga after all... just a little something to pass the time.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:14   Link #2851
primuler
Love For 3D

As a person who has been reading this series since 2006, I'm just annoyed at Hata for investing so much time on a character that appeared recently. All these years, I've been waiting for Nagi's and Maria's (proper)developements and I get Athena... for like three months now... no wonder I'm so annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opace View Post
I disagree. I think this change of pace is quite crucial to the eventual plots completion, and also quite refreshing. Whilst I do love the light and comedic side of Hayate, I seriously enjoyed the dramatic cliffhangers we had for the latest few chapters.
I said, Hata is dragging it too long. Just my impatient complaints. Well, the developments are nice, but as a fan who doesn't like Athena very much, I'm waiting for this plot to be resolved soon.

Quote:
And when you say a character that has popped up, I disagree as Athene first popped up in Chapter 88. It was, really, a sense of foreshadowing since it was quite subtle that that "ex-girlfriend" would be important somehow. Its also about time Hata explained the indepth past of Hayate. That in itself is quite drama filled already, but Hata made it moreso and gave us a much more entertaining and discussion-worthy material for something that had to be done eventually. Next character to be discussed crucial to Hayate's past is probably his big brother; he seems to have influenced Hayate's character and could be a crucial part to the plot overall.
I think I mentioned this before, but Hata really should have mentioned Athena more often if she was going to be this important. Because Hata didn't emphasize her importance enough, she's just a character that popped up to me.

Quote:
I never have been a fan of a particular character, but if I had to it'll probably be Hinagiku (naturally). However, I equally like Nagi in some parts, Maria in others, Izumi thrown in there and whatnot. However, I think Athena is slowly pushing her way up into the top 3 or so.

Maria was never meant to be the heroine of the series; it has always and will be Nagi. Although not a lot of time has been invested into Nagi's background, the Shimoda arc was a great addition to it along with the small contributions over the course of Hayate. Even now, when Hayate states his feelings without Nagi or the others knowing (apart from Hinagiku), I can think of a dozen ways how its important to Nagi. The stone is more important than more readers would have it to be, I would think; I regard it as something totally crucial to the plot.
Hata did mention that although Maria is in a position where she can only support other characters, she is the main heroine.

Quote:
If you were to show someone who has absolutely no previous knowledge of Hayate no Gotoku, then of course that person would think so. However, if you were to show them after you tell them the gist of the plot within the first few chapters or so, they would think that this wouldn't be. Since they are at a young age, it can be directly known that this past-filled chapters are crucial to the plot in some way they wouldn't know. They would also know Athena isn't the heroine, Nagi or even Maria is (since they don't know the story of Hayate no Gotoku). And I'm even going as far as saying they would recognise the importance of this past in relation to Hayate himself.
True. But, my point there was, we had so little forshadowing of Athena compared to the role she has now. And the characters who were supposed to be heroines aren't appearing to prove themselves to be important to the plot often enough. It's as if the series changed the main character(to me). You know, like the kind of changes you see when they start a new series under same name. The series at the moment is too different from what we used to see in the past, and maybe that's why I'm complaining: Because I'm not used to HnG being like this.

I just don't know. Maybe I'm saying this because I'm reading HnG weekly right now, not in volumes. My opinion might change when I read this part in volume.

Quote:
Oh, and when you say they [Maria and Nagi] appear in the next arc; did you mean as in developing the characters by showing their pasts (which is a crucial method to Hayate I think), or just every-day life once more? Or perhaps a mix of the both, as when in the latest intimate coupled with misunderstanding between Hayate and Maria.
Both. It's about time they appeared and grabbed center stage.

small reminder: primuler was in really sleepy state when she wrote this so some sentences might not make sense.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:25   Link #2852
Rah

Heeeeeh? Just let the plot unwind at this pace. What's the rush?~

*steps in Hata's shoes*

Hey, pal, I appreciate your opinion and all, but it's my story, and I'll do with it whatever I want to, when I want to. Oh, and also, your desired ending won't come to pass, just because I wanna see you whine more. Bwahahahaha!

*steps out of Hata's shoes*
Old 2009-09-24, 08:49   Link #2853
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

the bad thing is, Hata cares TOO much about his fans, you could say thats why Hinagiku has stolen so much spotlight...I honestly dont think she was supposed to have THIS much focus before
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 08:51   Link #2854
Opace

Quote:
As a person who has been reading this series since 2006, I'm just annoyed at Hata for investing so much time on a character that appeared recently. All these years, I've been waiting for Nagi's and Maria's (proper)developements and I get Athena... for like three months now... no wonder I'm so annoyed.
You do make a very valid point. But I think Hata's just doing this because, in order to gleam more from the heroine's pasts, he should really delve into the central figure of them all; Hayate. We haven't really gone far deep into the characters pasts and explaining Hayate's personality and his personal "quirks" makes more plot-sense as well as saving time and emotions later. I'd imagine it'll be quite a pain and cause a lot of emotions to spill to explain this current arc when we're right in the middle of a heroine's deep past arc, such as Maria's or Hinagiku's.

Quote:
I said, Hata is dragging it too long. Just my impatient complaints. Well, the developments are nice, but as a fan who doesn't like Athena very much, I'm waiting for this plot to be resolved soon.
Fair enough. I personally really like Athena as a character in Hayate no Gotoku right now.

Quote:
I think I mentioned this before, but Hata really should have mentioned Athena more often if she was going to be this important. Because Hata didn't emphasize her importance enough, she's just a character that popped up to me.
I think Hata intentionally did this. Although it does cause quite a bit of grief that Athena is stealing some of the spotlight to you and others around, its a very nice surprise and unexpected in constrast to, say if Hata just kept referencing back to the past of Hayate. I'd imagine the fans would get pissed, moreso than at the moment, if he kept doing that for ~140 chapters before explaining it.

Quote:
Hata did mention that although Maria is in a position where she can only support other characters, she is the main heroine.
I haven't heard of this before, and I am very surprised he would say this. It's quite obvious, to any random passer by that Nagi is the main heroine. Even if it wasn't, there are many lines said and situations happening for Nagi to be so. I would say Maria is one of the most important supporting characters of Hayate and thats the limit of it.

Quote:
True. But, my point there was, we had so little forshadowing of Athena compared to the role she has now. And the characters who were supposed to be heroines aren't appearing to prove themselves to be important to the plot often enough. It's as if the series changed the main character(to me). You know, like the kind of changes you see when they start a new series under same name. The series at the moment is too different from what we used to see in the past, and maybe that's why I'm complaining: Because I'm not used to HnG being like this.
I disagree, I reckon we had enough (not plenty or too little) of the foreshadowing of Athena compared to her current role. Now we know some more background, we can go back and look at Hata's very sly inclusions of her and go "Damn..". Although it didn't make much plot-sense back then, it does now and I just love those past-present-future plot links.

I also disagree with your second point. We haven't really got into the "nitty gritty", so to speak, of the heroines yet, or even our protagonist (which we are doing at the moment). It'll be better to explain Hayate's past then proceed into the other heroines I would think. We have had plenty of "fillers" (although I don't really regard them as fillers) for us to start delving into some of that delicious plot line of Hayate no Gotoku.

Quote:
I just don't know. Maybe I'm saying this because I'm reading HnG weekly right now, not in volumes. My opinion might change when I read this part in volume.
Again, another very valid point. The impact of Hata's actions is somewhat lost in the "fillers" in between the plot-chapters. However, I would think its overall more effective reading it weekly as things forgotten and reminded creates a much more dramatic impact than someone like me who has recently read the volumes (I go thinking "This is important" only for me to be proven right/wrong in a few volumes).

Quote:
Both. It's about time they appeared and grabbed center stage.
Not quite. I would think Hata would want to milk Hayate no Gotoku for what its worth; and rightly so. Its a very entertaining plot line that's quite unique.

Quote:
small reminder: primuler was in really sleepy state when she wrote this so some sentences might not make sense.
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
the bad thing is, Hata cares TOO much about his fans, you could say thats why Hinagiku has stolen so much spotlight...I honestly dont think she was supposed to have THIS much focus before
Another valid point. However, I think it is a very smart move from Hata as it pleases the fans as well as moving the plot along nicely. It pleases everybody, without making a detrimental damage to the plotline.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:05   Link #2855
Rah

Everyone here cares too much... *sigh*
Old 2009-09-24, 09:09   Link #2856
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Everyone here cares too much... *sigh*
As long as it doesn't break out into a ridiculous war, turning a once proud topic/series/thread into something you're embarrassed to go anywhere near, then it's all good.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 09:14   Link #2857
Rah

Meh...

It's just tiresome rereading what's been already said so many times. I proposed that we derail the thread into something entertaining till the new spoilers surface, but nobody cares. *sigh*

There are loads of spoilers for other mangas out already, but still no HnG. *sigh*

I think I'll die early from over sighing syndrome.

Old 2009-09-24, 09:14   Link #2858
holyman282

Well from the title of the manga I personally only assumed Hayate to be the sole main character of the show. All others are side characters no matter how much of a role they play. So as long as Hayate doesn't get pushed to the background it's fine. Whether one girl gets more screen time then the other all depends on the mangaka but at least the main character is always present.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:23   Link #2859
Opace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
As long as it doesn't break out into a ridiculous war, turning a once proud topic/series/thread into something you're embarrassed to go anywhere near, then it's all good.
Nah, it's just a good discussion we're having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Meh...

It's just tiresome rereading what's been already said so many times. I proposed that we derail the thread into something entertaining till the new spoilers surface, but nobody cares. *sigh*

There are loads of spoilers for other mangas out already, but still no HnG. *sigh*

I think I'll die early from over sighing syndrome.

Well, I've been itching to discuss about some plot points of something anime/manga related for a long time, seeing how my last forum wasn't successful in that aspect. As for the rereading part, I read the past dozen pages or so, perhaps more. If its been said much more before, then I apologise.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:26   Link #2860
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Well from the title of the manga I personally only assumed Hayate to be the sole main character of the show. All others are side characters no matter how much of a role they play.
The titular character isn't necessarily always the sole main character .. or sometimes not even a main character. (For example Index) I think Hata had Nagi, Maria and Hayate in thought as main characters and along came Hina quite some time later due to fan popularity even though she was clearly meant as a side character in the beginning.

Even though I'm not that big a fan of A-tan, it is required to let her have a considerate amount of time in the spotlight so that we can understand what kind of character she is and her reasoning since it seems like she's set up to be the antagonist.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen