AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-30, 15:37   Link #81
41nano

Though the premise was not that interesting (14 years old who can save the world..oops japan) :-/
I found the series rather enjoyable for now.
I like chara design which is unusual as well as mecha design. The story seems interesting although I feel like nothing is going to happen between those two, the all UN and country fighting each other through mecha fight is interesting and I like the future they imagined.
Actually the only things I hate are:
-as said,only the young boy can fight blahblahblah
-LOLI! Seriously what the hell this loli is doing here ? That's a mecha anime hell, I know japanese wota loves loli/pedo stuff but...I just hate this loli. Okay she's cute and all but we're on military, she's nothing to do here...
Anyway, thanks to Lunar for making discovering this to us ^^
Old 2007-05-02, 07:50   Link #82
strategos

I got a question... dont know if this been answer thou.
The mechas kind of look like Gundams.
Are there any relation?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2007-05-02, 11:25   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41nano View Post
Though the premise was not that interesting (14 years old who can save the world..oops japan) :-/
I found the series rather enjoyable for now.
I like chara design which is unusual as well as mecha design. The story seems interesting although I feel like nothing is going to happen between those two, the all UN and country fighting each other through mecha fight is interesting and I like the future they imagined.
Actually the only things I hate are:
-as said,only the young boy can fight blahblahblah
-LOLI! Seriously what the hell this loli is doing here ? That's a mecha anime hell, I know japanese wota loves loli/pedo stuff but...I just hate this loli. Okay she's cute and all but we're on military, she's nothing to do here...
Anyway, thanks to Lunar for making discovering this to us ^^
Ahem, apparently you never heard my hymn:

Loli's and Mecha, Loli's and Mecha,
Go together like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You cant have one without the other

For more on this development we go live to SaiKano, Jinki-Extend, Bakuretsu Tenshi, Betterman, Brigadoon, Sky Lolis, Strike Witches, Divergence Eve, Gear Fighter Dendoh, Goddanner, Kiddy Grade, Gundam ZZ/X/Endless Waltz/08 MS Team/Victory, Rayearth, Mai-Hime/Otome, Nadesico, Sokou No Strain, Solty Rei, Tekkaman Blade, Gaogaigar Final and others for comment.

Did I just refer to Sky Girls as Sky Loli's?

Anyway you should also pay attention to who always seems to be an ace.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-02 at 11:35.
Old 2007-05-02, 20:42   Link #84
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Ahem, apparently you never heard my hymn:

Loli's and Mecha, Loli's and Mecha,
Go together like a horse and carriage
This I tell you brother
You cant have one without the other
Needs work.
Old 2007-05-09, 09:03   Link #85
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow can anyone say "Evangelion rip-off".

Sorry but I got that feeling in a huge way this episode...The whole psychological attack and manas reaction felt like a straight rip of when asuka got attacked by that one flying angel. And all the talk about sync ratios or whatever they choose to call them...geez.

Already kinda had that feel with the first episode feeling like the start of eva with rei and the indecisive shinji deciding if he wants to pilot and it seems to have gotten worse now...
Old 2007-05-09, 09:34   Link #86
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
No, I can't say "Evangelion ripoff." The things you mentioned are common in a lot of mecha anime and anime in general. I was gonna list a bunch of reasons why I disagree with your statement, but no... If you can only judge an anime by comparing it to something generally similar, maybe you're missing the point of entertainment.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:43   Link #87
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I agree i dont think this anime is a eva rip off at all... beside that i was totally shock how good this anime is... i thought going to be really unintresting but now im really into i guess the whole CG of the mecha turn me off but the characters design and music plus the whole story plot hook me into watching this anime
Old 2007-05-09, 11:12   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Wow can anyone say "Evangelion rip-off".

Sorry but I got that feeling in a huge way this episode...The whole psychological attack and manas reaction felt like a straight rip of when asuka got attacked by that one flying angel. And all the talk about sync ratios or whatever they choose to call them...geez.

Already kinda had that feel with the first episode feeling like the start of eva with rei and the indecisive shinji deciding if he wants to pilot and it seems to have gotten worse now...
If you can call it an Eva Rip-off you'd also have to call the whole premise of the series a G-Gundam ripoff (and we all know how everybody seems to hate G-Gundam for some reason). It's more like G-Gundam than any other series and there were a number of characters such as the Clown in the Jester Gundam who played psychological mind tricks on Chibodee Crocket.
Old 2007-05-09, 12:50   Link #89
jpwong

I can't really consider this a "rip" of eva anymore than the next giant mecha show down the street. Sure, it might have slightly more in commonality than say Gundam Seed, but it's not like there haven't been any other mecha shows that have the "pilot factor", or defeat through some mind attack, though I think this is the first one where I've seen the enemy battling useing of a mood light as it's main weapon.
Old 2007-05-09, 16:05   Link #90
kujoe
from head to heel

A lot of people like to call other mecha series as Eva rip-offs nowadays...

If anything, I'd say this series has more in common with the likes of G Gundam (robots representing nations in some tournament), and Shinkon Godannar (pilots come in mostly male/female pairs). I'm also getting vibes of Gunparade March for some reason, probably because of that little girl who plays the hakase role. However, these similarities are just skin-deep at best.

So far, I like what I'm seeing. The visuals are great and engaging, and the mecha designs are interesting as well. My only complaint is that Japan's idol looks way too generic compared to the others. It has a white-blue-red color scheme, a typical humanoid body, and a very lame-looking head. It practically looks like a toy when you place it side by side with the other idols from other nations such as China or Germany. Makes sense though...

I'm also not a fan of the ED. The difference in style is just too clear and obvious, almost jarring in my opinion.

It's been quite a long time since I got interested in a mecha series. Code Geass didn't do it for me, nor did GS and GSD. I'm definitely looking forward to what's going to happen next in this show.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:57   Link #91
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
just watch ep1 to ep6

really like this series, but im get a vague sense of nationalistic lean to it, especial with the whole, China gets with Japan thing, but then it could just be me, cos they did show that something darker behind the Japanese government...

anyway, i hope it doesn't do a G-Gundam thing. where it only shows short clips of other duels.

I really want to see the French & UK fight, looks cool.

Oh i want to see the German Mecha in action.

Old 2007-05-21, 02:42   Link #92
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

hmmm...why is no love for this anime?

is it because IdolM@ster is hogging all the mecha fans?

Personally i think G-F has better story potential and Mecha compared to IMX

But lunar, please keep subbing! Don't let the lack of discussion on AS discourage you!

Old 2007-05-25, 02:20   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just watched ep5 and enjoyed it for the human relations. I'm pretty delighted to see China and Japan together, since I think the enmity between them may be the biggest danger in the world today.

The way characters' facial expressions show emotions so suddenly is kind of disturbing, although the nikoniko fakey smiles are nice.

All in all, this has a weird, abstracted feel, but I like it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-05-25, 04:08   Link #94
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

yay! someone else likes this show.

Mind you, i've been hearing that one of the main reason people don't liek this series is that of the "bad" animation.

LOL.

To be honest i find the qualtity of the animation quite good.

I just saw the raws for ep7 and its alitttle sparse on the action, oh well can't wait for the subs.

The preview for ep8 made me wet myself, finally, we get to see the actino go on in Europe!

*hopes Germany and UK wins so we can have more corny World Cup references*

Old 2007-05-25, 04:15   Link #95
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Mind you, i've been hearing that one of the main reason people don't liek this series is that of the "bad" animation.

LOL.

To be honest i find the qualtity of the animation quite good.
You sure you don't have that mistaken for people saying they think the character designs are ugly? Because I've heard people say that, but haven't really seen anybody say the animation quality is bad. I think the animation quality is great, but the character designs horrify me.
Old 2007-05-25, 06:25   Link #96
srwax

Is not like the charter design really bad or anything, but it's wierd too see this keep of design in a super robot type anime. This type of charter some how look like in dark-life story telling anime.(some how I feel it look alot like charter out of "JIN-ROH")

But aside the charter, everything else is great(I like the cinematic robot battle very much)
Old 2007-05-25, 11:02   Link #97
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

hh yes. i meant character design. but personally i like it. dunno why people hate it.

probsbly cos i like jin-roh and kami-chu both series which feature these character design.

but i tell one design i hate, Japan's robot. it sucks.
Old 2007-05-25, 18:20   Link #98
srwax

Don't worry about the Japan Robot, there will be very good chance it will "UPGRADE"(I think)
Old 2007-05-30, 01:14   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Just now got around to watching episode 1. I like the designs for XuanWuShen and Susanoo, but the heavily stylized character designs are going to take some getting used too (though if you pay close attention their movements are actually more detailed than the more common animation style). The idea behind the Wisest World War reminds me a lot of the Gundam fight, only things seem less reckless and more organized here (in some ways). Well they would have been had the Chinese team not been so early in their attack as to go after Susanoo before Shingo it's chosen pilot was even ready as well as to go after Shingo at the same time before he is even in Susanoo (This reminds me of the way G Gundam's Neo Russia disappeared it's opponents into the Gulag so that they would never have to fight a battle in the preliminaries and face elimination). As dishonorable as the Chinese war plan is, you have to admire their coordinations in its execution (too bad fighting dishonorably never pays). Also what's up with the Susanoo's designer jumping so high like she's some sort of robot.

Anyway, I'm expecting some sort of Orochi given that Susanoo is the name of Japan's robot. One last thing I'd like to add is the nice touch in including real world landmarks such as the White House and the Statue of Liberty to help solidify the reality of such a fantastical future, where the Equator seems to have been affected by some bizarre phenomenon known only as the Equatorial winter. I wonder how that will factor in to the overall story. Speaking of the story, in G Gundam the point of the Gundam Fight was for sovereignty over the colonies for 4 years, while in Gigantic Formula, the point of the Wisest World War has yet to be explained adequately beyond that it is happening right now. In the end it would appear Japan and China drew the battle and that Susanoo can somehow assimilate the parts of other units to repair itself, and that this has a drawback in that the unit is synchronized with the pilot so that they feel pain when the unit is damaged and can't use the damaged body part properly (This is happening in a lot of mecha series this season by the way). China should be back next episode I would imagine.

My only real complaint with the series is that the opening is positively atrocious and sounds like a typical harem anime opening rather than a war/mecha/sci-fi opening. The ending isn't much better, but at least I have the option to skip both.
Old 2007-05-30, 03:45   Link #100
sirtao

Quote:
The idea behind the Wisest World War reminds me a lot of the Gundam fight
the WWW _IS_ the G-Fight.
No more no less.
Quote:
As dishonorable as the Chinese war plan is,
a war plan cannot be dishonorable in any way... it's a _WAR_ plan! in G-Gundam is actually VERY strange only Neo Russia did things that way, since it's the safest way.
it's likely Japan itself will use this tattic when\if it will attack anpother country.

after all, UN just asked an honorable DUEL, said nothing of everything else:P
Quote:
My only real complaint with the series is that the opening is positively atrocious and sounds like a typical harem anime opening rather than a war/mecha/sci-fi opening.
at least is bettere than Reideen's.
Reideen's opening seems ANYTHING but a super robot show
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, supernatural