AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-20, 03:02   Link #861
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The weakness being that it's limited to his right hand alone.
Old 2012-12-20, 04:53   Link #862
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I wonder how can you soulfuck someone whose soul is already fucked, and the ones tried fight without looking aren't Curren Huckebein xD

Actually, that's the entire point of Pennance Stare. It burns your soul with the evil you've commited.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 08:34   Link #863
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's "Anything supernatural", be it psychic or magic, but it's depiction on how far it works is a bit... odd.
There's a more detailed revelation in the very recent volume, but for simplicity sake this is about it.

Quote:
But for all intents and purposes yeah, he could tank a Starlight Breaker and yeah, he'd probably make some poor girl's barrier jacket explode.
Rather than tank Starlight Breaker class spells outright, recently he learned to alter their trajectory... Less painful.

Quote:
Yeah, because there was still one more source remaining: Stiyl. But for him, he'd have to actively summon Innocentus again, and there was no way that was going to happen before Touma knocked his block off.
One other thing to consider is that Innocentius is not a sentient being- We don't know what would happen to the memories and personalities of the Wolkenritter if they get 'destroyed'.

Even if you can regenerate them, there's a possibility that they might not be the same person.... After all, there's a reason why even Archangels fear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Ah, alright.

Does Touma ever use ingenuity like that again in the series, or is it just more of him winning with DETERMINATION, like he did with the reality warping guy? Stopped watching after that.
Sometimes; usually against enemies that his Imagine Breaker are useless against.

Like normal terrorists hijacking a commercial plane, or a small army of Russians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
The weakness being that it's limited to his right hand alone.
That being said, his right hand seems to have the uncanny ability to always be at the right place at the right time

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-12-20 at 09:16.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 11:26   Link #864
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Touma's Imagine Breaker did in fact destroy Innocentus, the problem is that the runes continually remade and maintained it, so no matter how much he destroyed it it'd regenerate. So it'd hold true on the Wolkenritter... so long as this hypothetical battle took place before Reinforce sacrificed herself to destroy the Book of Darkness for good.
Before she did that, she implanted the Guardian Knight program into Hayate. Without Reinforce, it will degrade over time, but until then the knights heal faster and resurrect when killed.

And given that they were always the same people each time the book resurrected them before, even with the memories of their last incarnation up to the moment of their last death, I dont think they'd have to fear Imagine Breaker erasing them. Not unless they get broken around StrikerS or after.

If Touma touches Hayate, though... Game over.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 13:51   Link #865
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Right hand gropes Hayate's chest.

Shamal ties Touma up before Signum and Vita beat him up. Dead end.
Old 2012-12-20, 15:54   Link #866
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Right hand gropes Hayate's chest.

Shamal ties Touma up before Signum and Vita beat him up. Dead end.
Shamal will have a hard time doing that as Klarerwind's threads will dissolve instantly upon contact with Touma xDU

...a better way could be to friendly offer him some home made (by her) cookies and wait for them to knock him out, then tie him up with a strong pysical lazo and then let the ladies to punish him.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:00   Link #867
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Shamal will have a hard time doing that as Klarerwind's threads will dissolve instantly upon contact with Touma xDU

...a better way could be to friendly offer him some home made (by her) cookies and wait for them to knock him out, then tie him up with a strong pysical lazo and then let the ladies to punish him.
Only if they come in contact with his right hand. Anywhere else on his body is free game. Usually.

And that's assuming you can get Touma to eat Shamal's cooking before Index swipes it.
Old 2012-12-20, 16:05   Link #868
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Only if they come in contact with his right hand. Anywhere else on his body is free game. Usually.
The first season nof Index isn't pretty accurate about that, sometimes magical effects who aren't even physical fail to affect Touma juse ..because xDU

Quote:
And that's assuming you can get Touma to eat Shamal's cooking before Index swipes it.
Ow... poor Index xDU

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:10   Link #869
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The first season nof Index isn't pretty accurate about that, sometimes magical effects who aren't even physical fail to affect Touma juse ..because xDU
Like I said, "usually". From what I gather, if it's an all-encompassing/wave-like effect that would swallow his body, the hand will negate it. I.E. Kuroko's teleportation (would affect his whole body), the girl who tries to communicate to him, Hyouka, and Index in the Hyouka arc (which was apparently sound waves over the air and not telepathy, according to the novels). But yeah, the anime and the novels both are a little vague and inconsistent on how it works.

That said, since Klarerwind's strands are just that, strands, I think it can safely touch and bind Touma's body so long as it doesn't touch his right hand.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:55   Link #870
Sunder the Gold

The one time I saw Kuroko try to teleport him, she began by grabbing his hand to make it easier.

I never checked, but I'm pretty sure she grabbed the wrong hand, thus why her power was cancelled.
Old 2012-12-20, 17:58   Link #871
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Shoulder, I believe. Regardless, it's been pretty consistent that any power that directly affects the full body at once will not affect Touma. Klarer wind will still work, since it doesn't affect his entire body. It's just magical rope.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 18:02   Link #872
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, she touched his left shoulder and it still failed.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:02   Link #873
Sunder the Gold

So, I'm having trouble with the Accel World crossover.

Basically, is Yuuno more of a Yellow (Indirect Combatant), whose powers revolve around percieving his opponent's locations and capabilities?

Or is he more of a Green (Indirect + Close Combat), whose powers revolve around capture, defense and direct engagement?

This actually relates to a recurring a question about Yuuno's character. Namely, which is more important to him: The Book or the Shield?

If he absolutely had to choose, would Yuuno make of himself a frail scholar who could only defend his friends by warning them and dying to take a single shot meant for them?

Or would he make of himself a guardian who could only look for the answers he desires through long, hard work?

So far, Yuuno's proving more difficult to transplant into Accel World's future version of Tokyo than Fate Testarossa. Because we at least knew and understood more about Fate from the original show. Yuuno's more of a blank sheet.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:16   Link #874
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not familiar with Accel World, but these colors are mainly just determined by combat abilities rather than personality, right? If so I'd say he fits more as a Green.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:21   Link #875
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I have been watching Accel World and I still don't get that of the colors at all.
Old 2012-12-20, 20:52   Link #876
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
I have been watching Accel World and I still don't get that of the colors at all.
http://accelworld.wikia.com/wiki/Fil...sformation.PNG

Unfortunately, for some reason the Wiki doesn't have the more detailed picture anymore, but this picture covers the basics.

Except "Jamming" is too specific, and doesn't really cover the broad range of Yellow tricks.

Spoiler for Color Break-Down:

Quote:
Not familiar with Accel World, but these colors are mainly just determined by combat abilities rather than personality, right? If so I'd say he fits more as a Green.
The avatar is generated based on the game's analysis of the nightmare it induces in new players. The powers are definitely based on personality as much or more than skills. (A kendo player gets a PILE DRIVER for a weapon rather than a sword, because he feared thrusting attacks to his throat and dreamed of stabbing his tormentors in the throat as revenge.)

The protagonist of the show, Haruyuki, could have had an Orange character representing his FPS mastery and preferrence for clever, tactical victories. Instead, he got Silver Crow, who is a predictable hit-and-run close combatant without a single ranged attack.

Moreover, the Accel World game is different from the basic assumptions of the Nanohaverse. No one flies except Silver Crow (unless they're high-level players who focused everything they had into a jetpack, which even then is not equal to Level 1 Silver Crow's wings). Very few people have energy shields, and not everyone has a bullet attack of some kind.

Further, "scanning magic" could do more in this game than in Nanoha's world. Reveal someone's move list and item menu, for one thing.

Yuuno's name is Scryer, and he's an archaeologist. Compared to protecting his friends, how important is learning history and secrets to him?

If Green, Yuuno's truest desire is to help people, and archaeology is just one of his methods, rather than the central goal unto itself.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2012-12-20 at 21:03.
Old 2012-12-20, 21:02   Link #877
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I get it now thanks
Old 2012-12-20, 21:02   Link #878
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

Yuuno's name is Scryer, and he's an archaeologist. Compared to protecting his friends, how important is learning history and secrets to him?

If Green, Yuuno's truest desire is to help people, and archaeology is just one of his methods, rather than the central goal unto itself.
The way I see it, this is most likely to be the case.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:08   Link #879
Sunder the Gold

So his greatest fear is being unable to defend his friends from physical harm?

...Huh. That would actually fit him very well. Especially if he's a scrawny smart kid getting bullied by bigger kids.

Great. Now, to figure out who his "Parent" is, why he gained their notice, why they decided to make him a Burst Linker, what Legion they belonged to, and what happened to them.

...*headdesk*

This isn't even going into my lack of knowledge about Tokyo urban geography and culture, which is a bit important since Legion territories are important.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:11   Link #880
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So his greatest fear is being unable to defend his friends from physical harm?

...Huh. That would actually fit him very well. Especially if he's a scrawny smart kid getting bullied by bigger kids.

Great. Now, to figure out who his "Parent" is, why he gained their notice, why they decided to make him a Burst Linker, what Legion they belonged to, and what happened to them.

...*headdesk*

This isn't even going into my lack of knowledge about Tokyo urban geography and culture, which is a bit important since Legion territories are important.
Conveniently an Orphan. Leave his past a bit mysterious like that.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote