AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 17:04   Link #1161
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Hey, I was just using the terms someone else stated. Take it up with them.

I just find it amusing that, for the girl who seems to be the one pushing all the friendships forward, she's always on the bottom when it comes to the docking.
Take responsibility for jokes you go along with :P.

But I was wondering the same thing about Akane. She wanted to kiss Aoi in ep.2, didn't she? But things ended up in reverse in the end. Did she warm up to the receiving role?
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 17:45   Link #1162
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
"Docking" is obviously meant to be a sexual metaphor for the audience's arousal, but I don't think the female characters themselves look at it that way.

So, really, it's not like Akane is having sex with every new girl she meets.

She's just very friendly in general.
Old 2013-02-10, 17:45   Link #1163
Dark Wing

My guess is that if it puts her partner at eases she'll do it to get that "docking" on. Vroom! Vroom!
Old 2013-02-10, 18:37   Link #1164
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Typical sexist double standard...So when it's a teenage boy he's totally "BOSS" but when it's a teenage girl dose it totally sluty...
Lol! I agree with Random Wanderer that he/she is just using the terms other stated but at the same time I completely agree with you about the double standards. Just to be clear, for a guy it becomes "playboy". Of course a "slut" and a "playboy" are the same but "slut" for females has a negative connotation which is... a double standard. Anyways...

Akane's way of befriending is definitely new and interesting as well. Nanoha's way is to blast the hell out of the potential mate.. ahem friend. While Akane's method is less brutal and skips directly to the action. Wonderful.

"Did she warm up to the receiving role?"
I don't think she's the receiving role. She's just being fair that's all. After all she's the one who always take the initiate and push down the other girl so she must be fair and let the other girl out of her own will get to act. In other words, she's quite a gentlemanwoman.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:21   Link #1165
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Typical sexist double standard...So when it's a teenage boy he's totally "BOSS" but when it's a teenage girl dose it totally sluty...
Not really, if a teenage boy is on the receiving end (as in uke), I'd call him wimpy, not boss. Not that I think that's bad though
Old 2013-02-10, 21:56   Link #1166
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Rei then just "another world"?? a kind of Parallel world? since the incident there 7 years? if this is true then the engine when the explosion has not only created the "Alones" but destroyed a parallel world?
Old 2013-02-10, 22:50   Link #1167
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
hahaha indeed
I thought it was a Recognizer from the new Tron movie...
Old 2013-02-11, 09:11   Link #1168
EroKing

Old 2013-02-11, 10:31   Link #1169
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Rei then just "another world"?? a kind of Parallel world? since the incident there 7 years? if this is true then the engine when the explosion has not only created the "Alones" but destroyed a parallel world?
So she's from the future?...
Old 2013-02-11, 12:17   Link #1170
Shyni

Okay...

The world she came from was already destroyed.

She wants to destroy the world she's currently in.

If the world she came from was the future, then the world she's currently in is her own world's past.

Therefore, if she destroys this world, that leads to the same world being wrecked during the future too.

Are you suggesting she wants her own world destroyed?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-11, 13:01   Link #1171
Dark Wing

I got a better theory what if the creation and uses of the incarnate engine in Akene's world is what caused Rei's world to be destroyed. After all we still don't know much about the engine where it gets it's seemingly limitless power from.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:03   Link #1172
Shyni

Well, I'm pretty sure Rei's world is at least not the future of Akane's world, since Rei apparently has to destroy the latter. She can't save her world by destroying it even earlier.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:12   Link #1173
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure Rei's world is at least not the future of Akane's world, since Rei apparently has to destroy the latter. She can't save her world by destroying it even earlier.
Not really she might pull a "Terminator" to us, with the Manifestation engine as the John Connor....damn it i can't believe i just compared Terminator with this show, i don't deserve to live anymore...
Old 2013-02-11, 13:17   Link #1174
Shyni

Eh, with the way the crow was talking, and how it didn't want Rei to save anybody from Akane's world, it sounded like Rei's supposed to destroy this world, not just the Photon Power La- I mean, Manifestation Engine.
Old 2013-02-11, 13:48   Link #1175
farios

Quote:
Eh, with the way the crow was talking, and how it didn't want Rei to save anybody from Akane's world, it sounded like Rei's supposed to destroy this world, not just the Photon Power La- I mean, Manifestation Engine.
She might not mean it literally, it's quite possible that in Rei's world the engine caused a disaster that it destroyed Rei's world and the crow wants to stop it from happening so she used Rei to destroy it before it happened. And the crow only said that she shouldn't interfere with the matters in this world, this raised the possibility that she might means that Rei mustn't change the past beyond what's necessary.
Old 2013-02-11, 21:37   Link #1176
Marina2

Actually, if the engine that provide 95% of world enegy get destroyed, that's enough to cause a chaos in the world
Old 2013-02-11, 21:43   Link #1177
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Okay...

The world she came from was already destroyed.

She wants to destroy the world she's currently in.

If the world she came from was the future, then the world she's currently in is her own world's past.

Therefore, if she destroys this world, that leads to the same world being wrecked during the future too.

Are you suggesting she wants her own world destroyed?
Quote:
So she's from the future?...
this is why I assume a "parallel world" rather than a future world

Anyway, it is "crow female" who convinced Rei ... so...
Old 2013-02-11, 22:19   Link #1178
Midonin
Last Engage

All I'm saying is that if a toy/collector's merch version of one of the Vivid Keys (or of Rei's key) is ever released, I will be all over those.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 02:44   Link #1179
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Vivid Key USB? Yes please.

Oh, and can someone who loves guns tell me if this is a very faithful rendition of a gun shot?

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 06:35   Link #1180
APNki

New extended 30 second preview for episode 6 is now out: http://www.vividred.net/next/06.html
Preview also up on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMpwkoGZCvw

Additional screencaps here:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/596/596916/

Last edited by APNki; 2013-02-12 at 08:15.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction