AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-15, 19:17   Link #81
HikariYume

A legend...but a retarded one :P
Old 2008-04-15, 21:24   Link #82
ShadowAssasin
Banned

I think its "retarded" to state nonsense without knowing whats going on in the story...
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:50   Link #83
Last of the Uchihas

Itachi the hero. sounds good.
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 01:58   Link #84
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I wanna buy the whole Itachi as a good guy thing but it just destroys my whole image of him.....I dunno it just bugs me a little
Old 2008-04-16, 03:59   Link #85
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Two different events suggesting different characters took place in the course of a few weeks and a few chapters. People responding negative to one are expected to respond positively to the other, vice versa, and exceptions are surely possible. Each vote will ridicule the poll results a bit more. Hopefully we can reach the point of no sense as soon as possible...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 08:58   Link #86
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I really didn't have a problem with him..It's his brother that bugs me....aarrrrrrr..
Old 2008-04-16, 09:12   Link #87
filthydani

If itach is a good guy who wants to protect konha, why didnt he stop orochimaru when he killed the 3rd hockage???
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:06   Link #88
Slave0fLife
O_O

Like him just as before. Actually, I don't remember who made the comment first, but ever since I read someone stress that Itachi hadn't killed anyone for sure, I have thought that he might have had a good-guy motive for doing everything. And even now I still think so, because it is (as I stated in other posts) something that will surprise most people who don't think about the manga too much to notice that Itachi wasn't shown killing anyone.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:10   Link #89
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave0fLife View Post
Like him just as before. Actually, I don't remember who made the comment first, but ever since I read someone stress that Itachi hadn't killed anyone for sure, I have thought that he might have had a good-guy motive for doing everything. And even now I still think so, because it is (as I stated in other posts) something that will surprise most people who don't think about the manga too much to notice that Itachi wasn't shown killing anyone.
I never really understood the difference. On one hand, he seemingly has slain no "friendly" or presumably even "foe", on the other hand he is a member of a secret deadly cult/group bent on world domination. It is like saying I am a member of the Ku Klux Klan or Al Queda, but I haven't actually killed anyone yet. No matter what you are still guilty of associating with many mass murders. It just makes no sense to me.

That is why I liked the "Steal Your Eyes" storyline. If that is as "good" as Itachi gets, then I will be content in calling him "good" .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:39   Link #90
Slave0fLife
O_O

The difference I see is that he didn't kill any of his Konoha companions, at least for sure, that we know, even when he could have. If he was good, and a spy that infiltrated Akatsuki, he managed to keep them believing he was a bad-guy without killing people, so that he continued doing whatever he had to do spying Akatsuki.

It would be like, you decide to be a spy to end an organization which endangers your own, but the only way to do that is joining it to understand it better. To do this and fool anyone, you come up with a way to convince everyone that you did something which makes you earn the right to join the threat. You would be considered a traitor, but your motives are enough for you to take the criticism since your a badass and have the power to avoid any attack on yourself (or at least that you know of). Doing that, you manage to not-kill anyone from your organization even when they confront you, and maintaining your bad-guy image.

This, at least for me, would make you a good guy which is pretty skilled in fooling people, to convince and maintain a bad-guy image, so that you could fulfill your objective - in this case I'm considering the good-guy-Itachi theory, which I know may only be a lie, but we are still speculating here
Old 2008-04-16, 13:41   Link #91
SeanQ

lol...just how big was the organization when itachi joined...pretty sure it was just made up of Madara xD and maybe Zetsu...
________
Futurama Advice

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:16.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:44   Link #92
james0246

@Slave0fLife: If he is an undercover agent, then I would gladly revise my opinion. But, we will have to wait for the newest chapters to determine that speculation. Right now he is like a member of Al Queda that simply hasn't killed anyone yet (that we know of), and he will stay that way until proven otherwise. I am not out-right disagreeing with you, I am simply saying we need to wait a for a bit more information to firmly decided or even firmly speculate his stance.
Old 2008-04-16, 17:12   Link #93
Slave0fLife
O_O

@james3wk

I understand you aren't arguing agressively against me. I, also, believe that we need more information before we can say what really happened. Especially because the only thing that makes me think Itachi was a martyr is the expectation of a plot twist a-la-hollywood/shounen, which may or may not happen. Therefore, it's just a "gut feeling" with absolutely no factual base, for now
Old 2008-04-16, 21:19   Link #94
HikariYume

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
I think its "retarded" to state nonsense without knowing whats going on in the story...
Y'know what? Who asked you, anyway? I think it's "retarded" when you try to go back and forth so much...sheesh. I read the manga. I know whats going on.
Old 2008-04-16, 22:38   Link #95
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariYume View Post
Y'know what? Who asked you, anyway?
I think it's "retarded" when you try to go back and forth so much...sheesh.
lol, who asked you to comment on what I said in the first place? *You're* the one who decided to commented on my post first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
He's still a legend.
Quote:
A legend...but a retarded one :P

Quote:
I read the manga. I know whats going on.
Actually no one knows whats going on; not until Itachi's actions are explained...
Old 2008-04-17, 11:02   Link #96
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

He was blammed for destroying his clan and used that to have sasuke grow stronger to defeat madaura w.e (the real killer)
Old 2008-04-17, 14:01   Link #97
SeanQ

He's badass, but if his past is revealed...it'll destroy every reason why anyone likes him...=(
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 14:06   Link #98
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
He's badass, but if his past is revealed...it'll destroy every reason why anyone likes him...=(
Not necessarily. True, he could come across as something of a Gigantic Pussy (I mean truly epic in its proportions, like the size of the Empire State building or something), but then again, he could be even more badass than originally thought (like 1980s Chuck Norris). It is all up to Kishimoto to decide, though I tend to think that Kishimoto is going to lean toward Pussydom
Old 2008-04-18, 09:29   Link #99
Khalilnaruske
Itachi and Pein Fanboy

We will probably find out he was Madaras pet. Itachi, you ar such a sissy.
Old 2008-04-18, 10:20   Link #100
ShadowAssasin
Banned

lol omg you can't be serious... I'm reading people talk shit about Itachi now, because he might turn out to be the typical "good guy" that everyone else talked sh*t about Sasuke for NOT being...

And, I guess everyone in Akatsuki is a sissy; as well as everyone in the leaf village since just about everyone there is/was someone's apprentice or subordinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
he could come across as something of a Gigantic Pussy (I mean truly epic in its proportions, like the size of the Empire State building or something)
Can you elaborate on this? Particularly "how" exactly...