Norotei : the dark-skinned girl
Voruken : the green-haired man

I like this chara-design.
Old 2009-07-11, 00:32   Link #22
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Thank you. ^^

Ah, so that's Mirepokku. I think her design actually looks better on the novel cover. Hamyuttsu was nicely done though, same as Sharon (Shiron) from the brief shot.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 09:40   Link #23
NeoSam

Super Dash Bunko's feature site for the Tatakau Shisho The Book of Bantorra:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/0907/

Lovely illustrations from this shounen light novel series can be seen here:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/0907/chara.html

The second volume of the seinen manga Tatakau Shisho to Koisuru Bakudan will be released on July 19th, 2009.

Here its cover:

Seinen manga.
Serialized online in Ultra Jump's special issue website Ultra Jump EGG.
Old 2009-07-19, 14:34   Link #24
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am seriously bewitched by the art hats off to Maeshima Shigeki . The artist has done a really fantastic job . I am seriously looking forward to this hope it entertains . I haven't read the manga but I already can tell the character featured on the cover of this Volume will be my favorite .

Old 2009-07-20, 11:48   Link #25
kemal_1915

[QUOTE=Geta Boshi;2525201]I am seriously bewitched by the art hats off to Maeshima Shigeki . The artist has done a really fantastic job . I am seriously looking forward to this hope it entertains . I haven't read the manga but I already can tell the character featured on the cover of this Volume will be my favorite .

I would like to make a short introduction of each character but I am busy with my work these days. I may do it one by one.
Since she is your favourite one, I make Hamyuts' first

Hamyuts is the Deputy Head of Bantorra Library (The Head is the god of past - Bantorra, P.S. There are three gods in the story, god of past, present and future)
I can say she is an upgraded Revy (from black lagoon)
She is very masculine and ruthless.
She likes to fight anyone who is powerful and will kill anyone if necessary ,including friends or foes.

Her weapon is sling. The maximum range is 35km, 100% hit on stationary object at 25km. The maximum speed of bullet is five times of the speed of sound.
This is already very impressive but her magical ability make this weapon even more deadly.

After some special ritual, everyone in the story can get one and only one magical ability. Her ability is called "sensory thread". She can release colorless threads in the air which can use as all five senses, i.e. she can see, hear, taste, touch and smell by using these threads. The most powerful of the ability is the number and range. She can release up to forty-fifty billlion threads at the maximum range of 50km!
That means she can get all information and trace everyone in a city without going into it. Then she can kill anyone who he or she doesn't know what has happened. This is the most deadly combination!
She is an important character of each story.

I may introduce another character if I have time.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:53   Link #26
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Lovely illustrations from this shounen light novel series can be seen here:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/feature/0907/chara.html
Lovely indeed. I love the art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
I can say she is an upgraded Revy (from black lagoon)

Thanks for this introduction
Old 2009-07-23, 06:01   Link #27
NeoSam

The 9th volume of the shounen light novel series Tatakau Shisho:

Shounen light novel series.
Published under the shounen light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Release date: July 24th, 2009.
Old 2009-07-23, 07:08   Link #28
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
So is it like each volume has its own set of characters and stories with the exception of the librarian?

And that's a pretty nice cover.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:02   Link #29
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
So is it like each volume has its own set of characters and stories with the exception of the librarian?
Yes, you are right.
Hamyuts, Mattalast, Mirapocu is the supporting character in each story.
Main characters of each volume are different.

I continue the character intro.
First of all, let's talk about the ranking of armed librarian:
Head (God of past, Bantorra) -> Deputy Head (Hamyuts) -> 1st class -> 2nd class -> 3rd class -> Trainee -> Cadet

Mattalast is a 1st class armed librarian and second-in-command. Very close with Hamyuts and share a lot of secrets. They were couple before but they broke up.
He is perceived as a playboy and a liar by his colleagues.
His weapon is gun and he has a specially made gun called "Tenor". Its power is equal to a tank cannon with the size of a rifle.
His magical ability is precognition. He uses this skill to evade enemy attack and attack his enemy with 100% accuracy.

Mirapocu is a 3rd class armed librarian. She is right-hand man of Hamyuts although she has low rank. It is because of her magical ability.
Her ability is telepathy. Once she knows the name and face of a person, she can talk to him/her in his/her head (one way only). That person can communicate with her if he/she has some special trainings. Hamyuts uses her ability as a transmitter.
She has a strict personality. She is totally focused with her job and mission.
She doesn't feel good about herself because her combat skill is lower than average (even a trainee like Noloty is better than her).
Volken and she like each other but they don't make any move.
She is the main character of volume 4.
Old 2009-08-06, 18:28   Link #30
Kaijin
かいじん

The Preview:

Old 2009-08-06, 18:36   Link #31
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^Looks like the same trailer that's been on the official site for weeks. I thought it was something new. Anyway, doesn't look bad.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 02:47   Link #32
asrielchase

ED artist confirmed: Annabel
who also sings the ending for this season's Canaan.
Old 2009-08-09, 21:07   Link #33
Shadow Kira01

Looks interesting..

However, a teaser trailer usually is nothing relevant to the actual anime but it confirms three things:

1) The OP and ED singers which pretty much gives off the impression of what kind of anime it is. Annabel sang the ED for Canaan, while Ali Project had sang the ED for Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ generally implies that this is an action anime with quite some twists. From what I already know, this is also a supernatural-themed anime.

2) The animation quality is pretty good. I'd give it an "8" or a "9".

3) The soundtrack is also okay..

Thus, the more trailers the better..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 09:39   Link #34
kemal_1915

Another character intro

Noloty is a teenager trainee of armed librarian. She is navie and single-minded. She doesn't want to kill anyone and likes helping people without second thought. So her performance as an armed librarian is far from satisfaction. However, her personality let her achieve some amazing things.
She has a great deal of affection toward Enlike but she doesn't know whether it is friendship or love.
She has no magical ability and fights with her bare hand.
She is the main character in volume 2 and 6.

Enlike is a "meat" of Sindeki Kyoudan. He is selected by the Kyoudan to train as a magic user. They send a bunch of teenagers, includes Enlike, to a isolated island to preform a Battle Royal. He doesn't like to kill anyone but he has to kill others to survive. After some events, he meets Noloty and his life changes.
His ability is lightning.
He is the main character in volume 2 and supporting character in volume 6.

P.S. Sindeki Kyoudan usually captures some orphans and homeless people. Use brainwash to wipe their memory and turn them into mindless human - "Meat". Some of the "meat" are trained to perform different missions, such as spy, human bomb (Tonis), experiment object, fighter (Enlike)...
Old 2009-08-20, 06:56   Link #35
00JouS

Trailer looks cool. Looking forward to this.
00JouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 09:10   Link #36
Coeus
Drill That Pierces Heaven

Send a message via MSN to Coeus
Can anyone tell me what this characters name is? Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2065/tatata.png

Also, which charcter is Shiron?

Last edited by Coeus; 2009-08-20 at 09:30.
Coeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 01:58   Link #37
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
Can anyone tell me what this characters name is? Help would be much appreciated, thanks.
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2065/tatata.png
Also, which charcter is Shiron?
That's Hamutz Meseta who was described above by kemal_1915
I'm not sure for Shiron but the japanese wikipedia describes her as "the Tortoiseshell cat-haired princess" so I think it's her :

and thanks kemal_1915 for your last intro.
Old 2009-08-21, 02:50   Link #38
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm, so the story is retelled from lots of different POV? Is it like collection of several short story or there's a big plot going on behind the story retteled by different POV?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:45   Link #39
kemal_1915

Not at all, kuroray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm, so the story is retelled from lots of different POV? Is it like collection of several short story or there's a big plot going on behind the story retteled by different POV?
Not excatly. This story has linear time movement. A lot of flashback are inserted in the story due to the nature of "book" - read the past of people. And the changing POV is not a big problem. Other anime also used this skill. It doesn;t have much different.
Let me make it simple, there is a main plot the war between Armed Librarian and Sindeki Kyoudan. Every volume is one of their battle. In each volume, every character tells part of the story and shroud the story in mystery. At the end, character will interact together (talk or fight) and reveal the mystery behind. Then the battle is over and move to the next one.

Let me make another character intro.
Corio(Korio) is a "meat". His memory is wiped out and embeded with a bomb in his chest. He is sent to kill Hamyuts. On his way to find Hamyuts, he finds a fragment of "book" and reads it. The "book" is about a beautiful lady - Shiron. Because of her beauty and her kind-hearted, he falls in love with her (but she is dead 300 years ago). He forgets his mission and wants to find another fragments of Shiron "book". However, he is still caught fire in the battle between Armed Librarian and Sindeki Kyoudan.
He can't fight, use magic ability or use his brain. He is completely useless but still he does something wonderful.
He is the main character of volume 1.

Shiron is a member of Sindeki Kyoudan 300 years ago. Her ability is precognition but more powerful than Mattalast. She can see the future up to 1000 years. Although she is a member of Sindeki Kyoudan, she is kind-hearted and doesn't want to do those evil things.
She has a very powerful sword. I don't know how to translate its name, maybe "Spider Sword" is okay. You can see a spider on her sword. Its will attack the enemy and defend its owner automatically.
Here is the interesting thing - She also falls in love with Corio. Watch the anime at October and you will know how this happens.
Old 2009-08-21, 16:02   Link #40
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Here is the interesting thing - She also falls in love with Corio. Watch the anime at October and you will know how this happens.
now this is capturing my interest when this airs. the problem is how will i cope when they keep switching the POV of characters throughout the series. i'm not a fan when there is no main focus on one character.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen