AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 17:29   Link #3241
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Well, it's january 13th and we still not got any infos/scans from the new magazines (or i missed the infos :/ If i did, please give me a link), at least here... Did someone know if there are some infos/scans posted in the japanese forums like 2ch?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:26   Link #3242
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, it's january 13th and we still not got any infos/scans from the new magazines (or i missed the infos :/ If i did, please give me a link), at least here... Did someone know if there are some infos/scans posted in the japanese forums like 2ch?
From what I understand, there simply was very, very little Code Geass in the magazines.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:31   Link #3243
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
From what I understand, there simply was very, very little Code Geass in the magazines.
Not even some drawings like every months?

Anyways, thanks.
Old 2009-01-13, 18:44   Link #3244
Charred Knight

Considering that the previous announcement was "We want to do something" I am pretty sure an announcement isn't going to be made for quite some months.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:45   Link #3245
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Not even some drawings like every months?

Anyways, thanks.
I think we got most of it, the cover and some little pictures. Beyond that I do not think there was much else. Its been a while since CG ended, so it makes sense.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 18:46   Link #3246
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Considering that the previous announcement was "We want to do something" I am pretty sure an announcement isn't going to be made for quite some months.
Well, I wasn't expecting any announcement , just some little infos/interview/anecdotes here and there + some drawings
Old 2009-01-14, 08:57   Link #3247
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I saw this piece of news on the LJ regarding PD 7 thanks to aya kari.

Quote:
1.イラストドラマ07(脚本:吉野弘幸/作画:千羽由利子/監修:谷口悟朗)
※ルルーシュとロロが兄弟として過ごしていられた時間=それは、ほんの一時の幻。それは、かけがえのない永 遠にも等しい時間。
The time that Lelouch and Rolo spent together as brothers=that, is only a short time. That, is the same as an irreplaceable eternity.
Will this be Rolo's POV on his thoughts and resolution when he was thrown out by Lelouch reflecting in one corner?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:49   Link #3248
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I saw this piece of news on the LJ regarding PD 7 thanks to aya kari.

Will this be Rolo's POV on his thoughts and resolution when he was thrown out by Lelouch reflecting in one corner?
Or maybe it's about Rolo and Lelouch POV. I am not sure that Lelouch still hated him to death after that Rolo's saved him. Lelouch understood Rolo, I think. Also, Lelouch is not an idiot and knew that he was partly responsible of all the sh** that happened.
Old 2009-01-14, 10:03   Link #3249
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Yeah, Rolo was acknowledged by Lelouch as brother of Lelouch Lamperouge after all. I don't think Lelouch hated him to the core. Perhaps, it could occur when Lelouch dug his grave. PD7 is coming soon. It wouldn't be too long a wait.

Old 2009-01-14, 10:12   Link #3250
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yeah, Rolo was acknowledged by Lelouch as brother of Lelouch Lamperouge after all. I don't think Lelouch hated him to the core. Perhaps, it could occur when Lelouch dug his grave. PD7 is coming soon. It wouldn't be too long a wait.
It's my personnal opinion, but in the end, I think Lelouch didn't hate a lot of people. He made up with Suzaku, he acknowledged Rolo as his "lamperouge" brother. And I am even not sure that he hated Ougi and co. About that last point, not only Lelouch forgave them imo, since we can see Gino, Kallen, Nina etc etc at Ougi and Villetta's wedding.

Or they are completely stupid to attend (and smile at) the marriage of people they dislike/hate.
Old 2009-01-14, 10:49   Link #3251
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I wonder how people of the separated group, not even related with one another to come together? Like how Rivalz acquainted with Ohgi and co. perhaps through Kallen. Like you said why are they even at the wedding? Are they gathered together as the hatred are all directed at Lelouch? Everyone hates the same guy and they have that as their common topic

Yeah, I don't think Lelouch hate them. He knew everyone was fighting for their future and he gave them one. It is just sad that Ohgi and co betrayed him. Lelouch didn't even use his Geass on them for his purpose. Lelouch seems to be reproaching himself for what had happened due to his action. Lelouch wished for happiness for everyone and he sacrifice his own happiness for them. If Lelouch hates them, he wouldn't have done what he had.

I don't know if Lelouch and Suzaku had really made up despite their interaction in the Mutuality stories. Their bonds had exceeded the level of friendship. Does Suzaku really know about Lelouch's accidental geassing on Euphie? Lelouch isn't the type who will bother to explain. What was done was done, no point explaining. Suzaku probably understand this side of Lelouch despite wanting to know the truth. They finally reached a common ground, there is no more words needed between them. They had understood each other completely.

Old 2009-01-14, 11:07   Link #3252
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
I wonder how people of the separated group, not even related with one another to come together? Like how Rivalz acquainted with Ohgi and co. perhaps through Kallen. Like you said why are they even at the wedding? Are they gathered together as the hatred are all directed at Lelouch? Everyone hates the same guy and they have that as their common topic
One of the nicest part of Code was for me te message of hope, the diffidence and hatred that was previously preventing people from the japanese and britannian side to even get to know each other that Lelouch's tyranny and death blow away. Might be a Disney movie ending and such, but I personally liked that and the message in it.

Rivalz and Milly were at Villetta's wedding because she has been their teacher, like Lloyd and Cécile were there because she was an acquaintance of them from school. Villetta happened to marry Ohgi, and there the britannians met also with the rest of the BK gang....

If you have a sad memory of yours, you do not wave that in pubblic. I doubt Rivalz and Milly waved the sadness of having lost their dear friend at Ohgi and Villetta's wedding. Instead, they just learn to know some people, the japanese, they did not even had a chance to met in the everyday life of old Area11 and learn, apparently, to get along well with them.

the rest of your post I mostly agree with, and I guess Suzaku and Lelouch had silently made up before the last stage of ZR.

Last edited by Levy; 2009-01-14 at 11:48. Reason: I was tired too, Pink, I did a lot of silly mispellings XD
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 11:11   Link #3253
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
One of the nicest part of Code was for me te message of hope, the diffidence and hatred that was previously preventing people from the japanese and britannian side to even get to know each other that Lelouch's tyranny and death blow away. Might be a Disney movie ending and such, but I personally liked that and the message in it.

Rivalz and Milly were at Villetta's wedding because she has been their teacher, like Lloyd and Cécile were there because she was an acquaitance of them from school. Villetta happened to marry Ohgi, and there the britannias met also with the rest of the BK gang....

If you have a sad memory of yours, you do not wave that in pubblic. I doubt Rivalz and Milly most probably wave the sadness of having lost their dear friend at Ohgi and Villetta's wedding. Instead, they just learn to know some people, the japanese, they did not even had a chance to met in the everyday life of old Area11and learn, and apparently get along well with them.

the rest of your post I mostly agree with, and I guess Suzaku and Lelouch had silently made up before the last stage of ZR.
Aha! I guess I'm really too tired to think. I totally forgotten that Viletta was their teacher . Rivalz and Tamaki will certainly get along.

Old 2009-01-14, 11:20   Link #3254
Eliarine

Quote:
It's my personnal opinion, but in the end, I think Lelouch didn't hate a lot of people. He made up with Suzaku, he acknowledged Rolo as his "lamperouge" brother. And I am even not sure that he hated Ougi and co. About that last point, not only Lelouch forgave them imo, since we can see Gino, Kallen, Nina etc etc at Ougi and Villetta's wedding.
I completely agree. Lelouch really didn't hate a lot of people in the end.

Quote:
Y-Yes. This.

Quote:
I-I guess they did, too. And, and...brb, crying ;_;
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 16:25   Link #3255
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I think they enjoy the peace, more than discussing Lelouch's actions ^^, and as pointed by Levy, Villetta was the teacher of the Ashford gang

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Lelouch hate them. He knew everyone was fighting for their future and he gave them one. It is just sad that Ohgi and co betrayed him. Lelouch didn't even use his Geass on them for his purpose. Lelouch seems to be reproaching himself for what had happened due to his action. Lelouch wished for happiness for everyone and he sacrifice his own happiness for them. If Lelouch hates them, he wouldn't have done what he had.
Exactly. For a change, happy to see at least one person agreeing with me on that matter

Quote:
I don't know if Lelouch and Suzaku had really made up despite their interaction in the Mutuality stories. Their bonds had exceeded the level of friendship. Does Suzaku really know about Lelouch's accidental geassing on Euphie? Lelouch isn't the type who will bother to explain. What was done was done, no point explaining. Suzaku probably understand this side of Lelouch despite wanting to know the truth. They finally reached a common ground, there is no more words needed between them. They had understood each other completely.
You might be right. Whatever the reason, the one who shot Euphie is Lelouch so it would not have changed anything ^^
Old 2009-01-17, 00:57   Link #3256
blottyparchment

More poems from the Complete Best. These translations are still far from perfect, but feel free to point out any odd lines you might find. I am still revising them. I can't provide scans just yet, as I'm still asking permission from pink-chan. Thanks pink-chan.

Pink-chan did Suzaku's poem. I only modified it a bit.

Spoiler for World End - Suzaku:

Spoiler for O2 - Shirley:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, you only ended up slipping through my hands.
This line took me a while to figure out. See if I'm right in this line of thinking: Glass=slippery. Shirley is trying to catch up to Lelouch but she keeps slipping down that slope. And when she does catch up, he's already gone.

There's also another version of that line I considered, which is more close to the original Japanese text:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, we only passed by each other.

Just wanted to point out that the beginning of Shirley's poem starts with 'asa mo yoru mo...' just like the song, O2.

Spoiler for Mosaic Kakera - Nunnally:

This poem sounds creepily incestuous. And for those who are wondering, Nunnally doesn't use oniisama or 'Lelouch' anywhere in the poem. She addresses Lelouch anata 'you' all throughout. It's almost in the tone of a woman adressing a dearly beloved man, arguably a lover.

The line about 'piecing together a mosaic' seems to have been inspired by the song, Mosaic Kakera, itself.

Spoiler for Waga Routashi Aku no Hana - C.C.:

The only line I am really unsure of is,
'Now, I am too pitiful. But therefore, I am lovely.'
(今、私は、いたいたしすぎるがゆえに愛しい。)

Anyone here who can help me?

C.C.'s poem is quite cryptic and as dec said, deep. Some 2chers get the idea that C.C. is indirectly referring to Lelouch as 'My Lelouch' because C.C. refers to Lelouch as an elegent flower = My Elegant Flower of Evil = My Lelouch. Also, some 2chers are unsatisfied with her poem for certain reasons.

Rolo's poem has already been translated on lj. Other poems like Kaguya's, Charles-V.V.'s, and Milly-Rivalz' are soon to follow.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2009-01-19 at 20:57.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:05   Link #3257
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
poems that blotty provided etc.etc.etc.
Thanks a million blotty and whoever helped you or something.
Interesting poems and man, Shirley's line about the glass, was really epic ~
Suzaku's was great as well, Nunally's did not touch me to be honest {as for "incest", can't blame her, she saw her sexy brother all grown up after so many years |DDDD} like i expected and C.C's was..peculiar. Have to re-read them again ~

[though i wish there was a bit of more romance somewhere, but lol]
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:11   Link #3258
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Thanks a million blotty and whoever helped you or something.
Interesting poems and man, Shirley's line about the glass, was really epic ~
Suzaku's was great as well, Nunally's did not touch me to be honest {as for "incest", can't blame her, she saw her sexy brother all grown up after so many years |DDDD} like i expected and C.C's was..peculiar. Have to re-read them again ~

[though i wish there was a bit of more romance somewhere, but lol]
I actually liked Nunnally's poem. LOL, maybe I didn't do it enough justice? The bit about cherishing everything dearly. Yes, C.C.'s poem is almost dark, which is why I can see how some 2chers are complaining.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:26   Link #3259
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for O2 - Shirley:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, you only ended up slipping through my hands.
This line took me a while to figure out. See if I'm right in this line of thinking: Glass=slippery. Shirley is trying to catch up to Lelouch but she keeps slipping down that slope. And when she does catch up, he's already gone.

There's also another version of that line I considered, which is more close to the original Japanese text:
Somehow, it's like trying to climb glass. Until the end, we only passed by each other.

Just wanted to point out that the beginning of Shirley's poem starts with 'asa mo yoru mo...' just like the song, O2.
*sniff* Beautiful ...Shirley
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:28   Link #3260
azul120

Quote:
You might be right. Whatever the reason, the one who shot Euphie is Lelouch so it would not have changed anything ^^
Except of course whether Suzaku came to know that Lelouch actually intended to cooperate with Euphie, and that the Geass was accidental. In other words, that Lelouch held her as close to his heart as Suzaku did.

Thanks for the translations, blottyparchment.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote