AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-04-10, 01:05   Link #3281
nekodamashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
nah, that would be overreacting, but lets hope this time he learned his lesson about mercy, also lets not forget this incident is HIS fault, before this attacks happened, he got some chances to kills those 3, and he spare them, and now they almost got Celia and miharu.

He lacks resolution to protect them, he has to kill Reis, Erika, 3 Losers, Huguenot, Arbor, Charles, Nidor etc.

he has to kill all of them so the girls can live safe
That's what I've been saying too man. Rio is just 1 man no matter how strong he is, he's neither omnipresent nor omnipotent, if he doesn't kill his enemies in battle next time those enemies will kill his precious people. Alas, most readers would call us edgy, it should be common sense in Rio's world though. That's why I said he should have went on a rampage in Erika's territory, had he done so Erika's people wouldn't be thinking about waging war.

I still don't see the need to kill Huguenot yet though. Would be reasonable if killed him when he sent an assassin after him a ew years back or now if Latifa can't have peace of heart with him breathing. As for Arbor and Charles, they are dangerous but it's complicated, since they belong to the kingdom the cleanest way to do it would be by having the kingdom clean it's filth. Imo Rio should have helped restoration take them down and see to them being executed, that way the restored Beltram won't be able to raise their heads in front of him too. Nidor shouldn't even be mentioned.

Imo, there are 3 points I don't like about the novel:

1. The harem size. I think six should be the maximum number for any harem, even six is cutting it close. Not that I mind having a soccer team, but if the author can't handle, regulate and incorporate them all into the story as proper heroines them there is no meaning, no point in a heroine that doesn't even interact much with the MC or have much of a bond with him.

2. The lack of lore and hints. This point wasn't a problem for me for most of the story, until the author started writing boring volumes that is or maybe too much stagnation killed the story for me. If he keeps writing like this volume then, I don't have any gripes with delayed lore. Nevertheless, I'd like him to at least clarify things about Rio. Dude was a mystery for us since volume 1. And the mystery kept on thickening every time the author added to the lore. I'd like some answers already about who he is and a power up if he's gonna get one, rather than power him up in the final battle or some stupid shounen logic.

3. The MC's passiveness. He's supposed to have a good grasp on reality yet never kills his enemies. Look, I get it, he's strong, but the people he calls family are not as much. It has nothing to do with edginess or whatever, in a war ridden world when you seriously cross swords with someone trying to end you by whatever means, you kill them, more so if they were bipedal pigs like Reiss and bunch. There is no joy or fun or any feeling about it, you kill to survive and so that what you stand for and hold dear survives. Not killing his enemies isn't due sound judgment or anything, it's a mix of arrogance and naivety. To me, it feels more like the author is making Rio act that way so that he doesn't nuke them all and be done with it though.
nekodamashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 04:46   Link #3282
Misha Necron

This story is a loop. Kidnap then damsel in distress then talk then kidnap again then damsel in distress then talk and then once again kidnap. I'm kinda sick of kidnapping, talk and then damsel in distress in this series.
Misha Necron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 05:21   Link #3283
nekodamashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha Necron View Post
This story is a loop. Kidnap then damsel in distress then talk then kidnap again then damsel in distress then talk and then once again kidnap. I'm kinda sick of kidnapping, talk and then damsel in distress in this series.
That's why I said it got boring. However, this volume was different, the damsels actually fought a small war, with the main character nowhere to be. To me, this might be this novel's best vol. so far. I simply hope the author keeps this straight to the point and one-track writing up.
Old 2021-04-10, 06:57   Link #3284
Misha Necron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
That's why I said it got boring. However, this volume was different, the damsels actually fought a small war, with the main character nowhere to be. To me, this might be this novel's best vol. so far. I simply hope the author keeps this straight to the point and one-track writing up.
I hope it will stop the loop so that the story can proceed for a better.
Misha Necron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 09:12   Link #3285
haseo0408

I think the attack will do some good to Rio, now he has proof that the girls he cares so much about can protect themselves, even if he tries to distance himself from them the girls are not going to allow it at this stage arguing they can take care of themselves and actually fight alongside Rio. The next step is clean up, as you all said Rio has an habit of being too lenient whit his opponents, and this time it bitted him back in the ass hard; I don´t think is his fault actually, mercy is never a weakness but he has to earn with this that you have to put down rabid dogs no matter what (Hajime from Ariureta has P.H.D. on that subject).

In the regards of the other nobles of Garlack that would put the blame of the raid on Rio, as I said before I suspect it would be a fool's errand, Francois has more control of his kingdom than the idiot king of Belthrum so he will not use Rio as scape goat of the raid just to apiece some nobles and the war with the Saint and her army of fanatics will only increase Rio´s values since he´s the only person on the planet that can fight of Erika and kill her for good this time.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 09:24   Link #3286
nekodamashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I think the attack will do some good to Rio, now he has proof that the girls he cares so much about can protect themselves, even if he tries to distance himself from them the girls are not going to allow it at this stage arguing they can take care of themselves and actually fight alongside Rio. The next step is clean up, as you all said Rio has an habit of being too lenient whit his opponents, and this time it bitted him back in the ass hard; I don´t think is his fault actually, mercy is never a weakness but he has to earn with this that you have to put down rabid dogs no matter what (Hajime from Ariureta has P.H.D. on that subject).

In the regards of the other nobles of Garlack that would put the blame of the raid on Rio, as I said before I suspect it would be a fool's errand, Francois has more control of his kingdom than the idiot king of Belthrum so he will not use Rio as scape goat of the raid just to apiece some nobles and the war with the Saint and her army of fanatics will only increase Rio´s values since he´s the only person on the planet that can fight of Erika and kill her for good this time.
He has to raid the empire castle, Reiss has crazy information control while also grasping most events on Rio's side. If Rio wants to damage their side, he isn't outsmarting information hub Reiss any time soon so wwhatever move he makes Reiss won't even stay around to take it, hence he goes simple and goes big, he attacks Reiss's base of operation first. It's about time characters, Rio included realized they are in a war with the empire.

About those Galtark nobles, they better stop before they make a joke of themselves. The choice is theirs; either ask Rio for help against Er with red faces and lowered heads, having just accused him of bs, or they shut up then ask nicely.
Old 2021-04-10, 23:36   Link #3287
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
He has to raid the empire castle, Reiss has crazy information control while also grasping most events on Rio's side. If Rio wants to damage their side, he isn't outsmarting information hub Reiss any time soon so wwhatever move he makes Reiss won't even stay around to take it, hence he goes simple and goes big, he attacks Reiss's base of operation first. It's about time characters, Rio included realized they are in a war with the empire.

About those Galtark nobles, they better stop before they make a joke of themselves. The choice is theirs; either ask Rio for help against Er with red faces and lowered heads, having just accused him of bs, or they shut up then ask nicely.
And the worst part that it is no joking matter, Erika is raising an army of insane fanatics and she herself is so insane she fully intends to die and take all of Sthral with her and she has the power to make that nightmare a reality, at the very least Sthral will face its worst war since the Divine War a millennia ago. I think Rio can kill her on a rematch but if he wants to keep the devastation to a minimum I think Satsuki needs to become an Awakened Hero and join the fight with Erika, this volume proves she can actually a strong opponent and the Saint depends completely from her magic power to fight and has zero combat experience, she can take Rio and another opponent at the same time.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai, magic