AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 11:41   Link #4661
Kreceir

Just purchased Phoenix Quinn while it was on sale.
I'm quite enjoying Quinn top lately.

I love her little harrass,

passive + auto attack + Blinding Assault + Auto attack + Vault + Auto attack

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but that at the moment makes me win most of my trades.

But I can't play her that well in the bot lane cause her auto attack range is slightly shorter then most ADC if I remember correctly.
Old 2014-04-25, 19:35   Link #4662
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Results of OGN playoffs over last couple of days and the EU LCS Promotion series:

And the pros of various regions have openly spoken out about why Graves has returned:

- He can verse Lucian better than most ADCs can, supposedly.
- His mid game is strong even if his late game isn't on the same level.
- With all the bruisers returning in the current meta, AD players on the pro scene don't feel safe anymore. Graves has the relative tankiness and tools to handle them.

Still not convinced about Graves but the reasoning is logical. Caitlyn and Jinx get utterly destroyed by bruisers. No surprise Lucian and Graves are in virtually every game at present on the pro scene.
Old 2014-04-26, 01:11   Link #4663
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
- With all the bruisers returning in the current meta, AD players on the pro scene don't feel safe anymore. Graves has the relative tankiness and tools to handle them.
I feel this is more of an issue with their team playstyles than the champions, korea has shown a lot of success with the likes of Jinx, Kog'maw, and Twitch lately.

Also after playing the new MF, I think she is really strong and much less mana hungry than before, I think it's only a matter of time before the pros pick her up, and today I had an insane game on her considering it was a 4 vs 5 from 8 minutes with friends that we won:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Just purchased Phoenix Quinn while it was on sale.
I'm quite enjoying Quinn top lately.

I love her little harrass,

passive + auto attack + Blinding Assault + Auto attack + Vault + Auto attack

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but that at the moment makes me win most of my trades.

But I can't play her that well in the bot lane cause her auto attack range is slightly shorter then most ADC if I remember correctly.
Honestly Quinn's harass pattern depends on match for optimal usage, because you want to save certain skills until you have window of opportunity, for example vs Riven you always want to ideal save your Vault for her 3rd q in order to evade it, or Aatrox using vault to cancel his jump, or save your blind for after olaf uses his w to deny lifesteal and AS, or etc .

And she can do well as an adc, but you have to play carefully especially vs certain supports (leona works well with her, but is really bad for her to face). And know when you're capable of all-ing for kills with her ult really well. And she works really well as a counter to Vayne.

And personally I like an ADC/assassin build on Quinn lately over typical ADC build, I really like the d blade -> cutlass -> boots -> brutalizer -> IE or BotRK -> LW -> Youmu -> IE (if skipped) or Defensive item.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:20   Link #4664
Eragon
Still Alive

So, I need another suggestion. I want to buy an ADC. A fun ADC with mobility.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:58   Link #4665
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So, I need another suggestion. I want to buy an ADC. A fun ADC with mobility.
Lucian or Caitlyn. Either would fit the bill appropriately. Both would be worth getting.
Old 2014-04-30, 06:00   Link #4666
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Frankly, I'm ticked off the pros are refusing to acknowledge the positive changes to Miss Fortune. She is a real beast at the moment.
Well for OGN, so she was actually disabled until today, where she was picked by Imp in game 1 of semi-finals.

Spoiler for OGN spring semi-finals Ozone vs Blue:
MAL
Old 2014-05-02, 23:32   Link #4667
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for OGN semis results:
Old 2014-05-04, 00:12   Link #4668
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Summary of the sudden moves in the NA and EU LCS

The bigger ones:

- C9 Hai has been hospitalized and can't go to All Stars. CLG Link will be subbing for him.
- TheOddOne has stepped down as jungler for TSM and has been replaced by Amazing from the Copenhagen Wolves, who was brilliant in the last split.
- Alex Ich has left Gambit Gaming.
- Shiptur and Zionspartan have both joined Dignitas.
- Ninjas in Pyjamas have released their LoL team, mainly comprised of ex-Lemondogs members who were at S3 world but twice failed to make it to the LCS in 2014/S4.

Also, Insec has left the KT Rolster Bullets in Korea.
Old 2014-05-04, 06:06   Link #4669
DemonOfWrath

*sigh* Riot's just removed the normal draft queue in Oceanic server. Makes playing much harder, as it's now a choice between ranked (gets really stressful if you go on a bad streak, and people rage instantly in some cases), blind pick (please no) and team builder (most of the same problems as blind, but with a 20+ min wait time). No relaxed and fun option to practice new stuff exists down here now.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 07:48   Link #4670
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Normal draft queue is where people troll....you're not missing out on much.
Old 2014-05-04, 08:14   Link #4671
DemonOfWrath

Considering I played a lot of normal draft I think I'm missing out on a lot. Never saw much trolling in it actually anyways, but I don't have a place to practice counterpicks anymore. And the community was small enough down here that I'd get chances to lane against people much better than me and learn from it, which I wouldn't otherwise get.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 16:31   Link #4672
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Huh...pretty different from my experiences. Can only trust ranked myself since moving to OCE.
Old 2014-05-06, 03:43   Link #4673
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Removing normal draft que is the dumbest thing Riot has done. Blind pick has always been where the trolls and noobs go and people try to spamtype whatever they want and instalock.

Why draft pick is better than normals:

1. Pick Order - meaning far less instalockers and qqers when people dont get their role.
2. Counterpicking - You're not forced to play "safe", "hard to counter" champions all the time.
3. Rune setups - In blind pick you have to assume it's an ap mid and an ad top since that's more common than ad mid and ap top, but if you do get the latter and you have the wrong runes you're royally screwed.
4. It emulates ranked without the penalties to losing a game.

It's by far my most played mode and for good reason. Last night I played a blind pick game for the first time in a while and I got a tryndamere top who instalocked and master yi jungle who instalocked and a ASHE mid. No fucking ap or tanks gg.

Fortunately me and my friend carried extremely hard that game as graves leona (I was the leona). Graves got extremely fed and I had a total of 25 assists that game, with 1 kill and 1 death. Though it was extremely tough in the early game since master yi was afk farming for the first 15-20mins.

Btw I hate feral flare with a passion in solo q. It just gives junglers even more an excuse to afk farm and not gank. Even more so since most the solo q feral fire junglers are master yi. If you're nocturne or xin zhao then I have no problems but fucking riot should delete melee carries from the game period since they are the definition of toxicity. LoL isn't dota where black king bar exists.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 05:17   Link #4674
killer3000ad

Quote:

The bigger ones:

- C9 Hai has been hospitalized and can't go to All Stars. CLG Link will be subbing for him.
- TheOddOne has stepped down as jungler for TSM and has been replaced by Amazing from the Copenhagen Wolves, who was brilliant in the last split.
- Ninjas in Pyjamas have released their LoL team, mainly comprised of ex-Lemondogs members who were at S3 world but twice failed to make it to the LCS in 2014/S4.

A hilarious parody article on the recent drama plaguing the NA scene.
http://esportsexpress.com/2014/05/na...oses-on-drama/

•Philosopher Alex “Xpecial” Chu Proposes New Interpretation of Life’s Intrinsic Meaning
•CLG Afraid That It Might Have to Settle for Top Main
•Pr0lly Plans to Use Future Gaming House to Store Bodies
•Dignitas Recruits Best Throwing Talent
•TheOddOne Resigns after Congressional Investigation Reveals He May Not Be Actual General
•Xpecial Receives Warning from the Ghost of Edward
Old 2014-05-06, 05:23   Link #4675
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

The bigger ones:

I'm surprised Xpecial moving to Curse isn't a big one. Konakaga told me about TheOddOne moving to coach, and Xpecial moving to Curse. As a TSM fan this is the biggest surprise to me. Aside from Dyrus this is an entirely different TSM now..

Alex Ich leaving Gambit is another big surprise to me. So much is happening while I haven't been paying attention.
Old 2014-05-07, 18:37   Link #4676
Kreceir

Old 2014-05-07, 18:41   Link #4677
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Lulutastic!

Who else is overjoyed with the Malph and J4 buffs? As a J4 top main I'm happy he's no longer so gimmicky. Previously he was dangerously reliant on his EQ, and landing the combo either won or lost your lane. With the incentive to build a safer, more AA centric lane with J4's shield would be great! Especially since J4 is best built as pure tank and thus falls off late game compared to most top laners.
Old 2014-05-07, 23:14   Link #4678
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

That Lulu Box is glorious!
Old 2014-05-07, 23:58   Link #4679
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Time for me to crank J4 in the jungle once more, if that's the case.
Old 2014-05-08, 00:04   Link #4680
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Time for me to crank J4 in the jungle once more, if that's the case.
The buffs won't really help your clear speed (much), but it should improve ganks a bit and mana issues. As it was said the changes are aimed to help him a lane more than jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That Lulu Box is glorious!
This completely it is great art of all the skins.
MAL

Tags
league of legends, lol