AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 12:51   Link #4721
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It was just for that one game. For some reason I got the firewall error randomly and it seemed to have hit everyone. Although I will admit I'm lagging more then usual compared to before.
Old 2014-06-05, 01:16   Link #4722
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

2014 World Cup skins are really underwhelming....

On the bright side, least I can finally get Red Card Katarina and Striker Akali in a few days.

Picked up River Spirit Nami yesterday. She is just lovely.
Old 2014-06-05, 01:27   Link #4723
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Primetime Draven fits the theme perfectly and is quite humorous to be heard. Sweeper Alistar and Goalkeeper Maokai are awesome, while the others are not quite as good as I've imagined. Well, as you said just my chance to get Red Card Katarina finally.
Old 2014-06-05, 01:29   Link #4724
EroKing

NSFW
Slightly NSFW
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-06-05, 07:26   Link #4725
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for A different kind of Pool Party - that Riven sword!:

Spoiler for Flounder Nami:

Spoiler for Pool Party Vayne:

And in case you haven't seen it yet:

Spoiler for River Spirit Nami:

Nami sings a very divine tune while porting back to base with that skin.
Old 2014-06-07, 11:35   Link #4726
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Essence Reaver and Ardent Censer. One belongs on Jayce, the other on Alistar!

The map VU makes me cry tears of joy. Great update for the PBE!
Old 2014-06-07, 13:07   Link #4727
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Ardent Censer looks way more optimal for Nami, Janna and Lulu.

It's going to take more than Essence Reaver to get Jayce back into favour.

Gradually anticipating the Fiora rework....
Old 2014-06-07, 19:28   Link #4728
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Essence Reaver definitely helps Jayce, regardless. We'll see it's ultimate impact and which champions begin to pick it up.

Thresh with the Censer is probably the worst to deal with. Or, possibly Lux, since they can distribute shields reliably to their entire team. (Lux probably won't become LCS viable because of this though)
Old 2014-06-07, 19:53   Link #4729
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Essence Reaver is really good for champions that have mana problems either early game or later on. It actually looks to be a thing for mana-heavy ADCs like Lucian. With the changes coming to BT, Essence Reaver could be a first buy to help those mana-hungry ADCs and other champions. Why Essence Reaver over Bloodthirster for Lucian? Because I would rather abuse my passive more then that extra 20-30 damage.

Ardent Censer is most likely meant for the underrated supports. Lulu mid can also pick it up if she wants to be a utility person. Although after I've seen some changes to Athene's Unholy Grail, things may change a bit even for mid lane. Janna, Nami, Soraka, etc, etc supports will benefit from this as well.
Old 2014-06-08, 06:36   Link #4730
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Old 2014-06-08, 11:57   Link #4731
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Essence Reaver is really good for champions that have mana problems either early game or later on. It actually looks to be a thing for mana-heavy ADCs like Lucian. With the changes coming to BT, Essence Reaver could be a first buy to help those mana-hungry ADCs and other champions. Why Essence Reaver over Bloodthirster for Lucian? Because I would rather abuse my passive more then that extra 20-30 damage.

Ardent Censer is most likely meant for the underrated supports. Lulu mid can also pick it up if she wants to be a utility person. Although after I've seen some changes to Athene's Unholy Grail, things may change a bit even for mid lane. Janna, Nami, Soraka, etc, etc supports will benefit from this as well.
I fear that although Censer is supposed to help off-meta/underrated supports, it helps champions like Thresh and Morgana just as much. It's no game-changer. Zyra is the only "LCS-viable" support that suffers from this. Thresh is buffed if anything. Janna may benefit, but her R doesn't really set up her team for an engagement and heal them at the same time. That's a rare event.

Essence Reaver is definitely for Lucian. The double proc is insane. I don't see any other "LCS-viable" champ that would build it, however. Maybe Kayle, but the AS rush may be too popular. Still, late game Essence Reaver looks terrifying on her. More Mixed Damage and cooldown is not shabby at all.

Still, BT may not be such a rush buy anymore. We may see BOTRK or IE rushed first. Thoughts?
Old 2014-06-08, 15:48   Link #4732
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The only way they can make Janna viable again is to rework her kit. Her kit before was great back in the time because the meta then wasn't as mobile. Sona will get a huge buff with Ardent Censer, she's been viable just not as big. Yet she'll get that attack steroid like a Nunu support for the ADCs. I don't like the idea of Ardent Censer on Thresh. It feels awkward since the cooldown will prevent you from using it exactly to stack the AS.

You would see Caitlyn building Essence Reaver. Ashe can make a return to the meta that was first introduced by C9 with it. Who knows, BT is still a great item. It's just not a first buy anymore since it'll give you the shield you need later game to avoid bursts. Although rushing BT first during the laning phase will give you an edge against your opponent, on the pro scene BT will never be a first item due to the current meta.

Rushing IE first will have to heavily depend if you have some LS alternative to make this risky build. If you have no heavy sustain, you'll easily get out-dueled and out-traded.
Old 2014-06-08, 18:52   Link #4733
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I think people are overestimating Ardent Censer. If it's really only direct heals/shields, then Thresh will not benefit from it and neither will Alistar. The reason why Janna is not played is because she's a strong disengage champion but is outclassed very hard by Zyra.

Censer itself gives fairly poor stats as well, for 1900 gold you can almost get either Morellonomicon, Frost Queen, Talisman or one of the spirit items that offer much better stats and passives/actives.

Reaver on the other hand ...
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 19:40   Link #4734
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I think people are overestimating Ardent Censer. If it's really only direct heals/shields, then Thresh will not benefit from it and neither will Alistar. The reason why Janna is not played is because she's a strong disengage champion but is outclassed very hard by Zyra.
And Nami. Nami also has sustain in lane and also hard CC as well as a great disengage ult.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-06-08 at 20:14.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 09:42   Link #4735
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Someone using the name Volpin Props made a real life Fishbones (Jinx's weapon).

Very impressive...
Old 2014-06-11, 14:04   Link #4736
Kreceir

Old 2014-06-11, 17:00   Link #4737
Hana
izumi

I just played Irelia for the first time in two years. It was funnnn. I don't think anyone one knows what she does anymore..
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-11, 18:32   Link #4738
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Even though she's a very strong pick for top lane at the moment. I think people are just not used to her after so long.
Old 2014-06-11, 23:30   Link #4739
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
As an Irelia toplane main this makes me happy

Don't stand near minions that are low hp because she will bladesurge to it, refresh the cd and then use it again on you when you are on the retreat. Don't trade with her when her w (hiten style) is up because that's when she does the most damage. Irelia doesn't really have any hard counters though there is a few champions that can do well against her. Her weakness is her early laning phase (pre 5) and that she falls off somewhat during the really late stages of the game (I'm talking 5-6 items) since her W is non-scaling flat true damage (her only true viable offensive steroid is AS). She is an absolute beast in the mid and mid-late stages of the game with her biggest power spike being when she finishes her Trinity Force and upon reaching level 9 (W maxed). She'll remain a big threat until players start to get 5-6 items on both sides.

Jax is an example who is atm on first pick/ban status and is even of more value than her in the current meta. Save your e (counterstrike) when she pops her w, and you'll negate a lot of her damage. Build an early lifesteal item such as cutlass to keep up with her w sustain. It'll be a skill matchup between the irelia baiting out jax's e and jax baiting out irelia's w whilst witholding his e, but after Jax get his BotRK or hits level 11 first (rank 2 ult), it's over for irelia unless she got an early kill or sizable cs lead over Jax. Be careful of Jax's early game. He's pretty weak until he finishes his BotRK and reaches level 11. However, if you managed to survive without being too far behind he only becomes scarier and scarier as he is a complete lategame monster.

Another is Nasus whose w (wither) provides a significant AS debuff meaning less hiten style AA's. Has an easier time in lane than Jax due to his innate sustain and also scales harder than Jax, but be careful as Nasus' midgame is pretty subpar since he is still building up Q stacks and farming at this point whilst other champions will be making plays around the map.

Malphite is also a good pick as he can go somewhat hold his ground due to his AS debuff (e) but become more useful than her in teamfights and objective control (dragon, baron) due to ultimate being one of the best ults in the game. Shyvanna is ok (not great though), both her and Irelia can go even until Irelia reaches a certain point (when she finishes Trinity force and hits level 9), then she starts beating Shyv 1v1. Shyv's teamfight and objective presence however is better than Irelia so if you got relatively even with her in lane, go make plays elsewhere.

Contrary to popular opinion, I highly do not recommend Renekton against her. Sure Renekton bullies her hard during the really early stages in the game, but once Irelia comes back with a warden's mail and level 5+, she starts trading even with you and it's a downward spiral for the crocodile from then. This is different from choosing Renekton say against a Jax, since Jax requires a signficiantly longer ramp-up time (needs BotRK and level 11), making it the croc a good pick against him due to it. Renekton also falls off really hard lategame.

Do not choose Assassin tops, Jayce, Rumble, Ryze, Vladimir, Lulu or any ranged and/or squishy opponents against Irelia. She will completely stomp you if she plays right (i.e uses that bladesurge refresh technique on low hp minions mentioned above)

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-06-12 at 03:57.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 04:16   Link #4740
Eragon
Still Alive

Irelia's ult is so good for baiting people to dive you (at my scrub tier). But yeah, Nas just wrecks her if she tries to engage him at anytime later than lvl 2, IMO. Also, Vlad is just an insufferable prick while laning. Its like playing against Necrolyte - you'll never have enough regen.

Tags
league of legends, lol