AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 15:11   Link #1
Sasano

A few Manga Suggestions?

Well since my anime is becoming very limited I've started broadening my mediums and I've already picked up a few mangas more noticeably Psyren & 1/2 Prince.

Anyways suffice it to say I really don't know what else to read so I need some suggestions that fill the following criteria:

*Not Romance Centered : It CAN have romance but I don't want a complete drama were the main point of the manga is the Character's feelings.
*Nothing Extremely Serious : Unless you feel is that good, that needs to be suggested)
*No Yaoi,Shounen Ai,Traps. : You know what I mean...
*Something that you can't find in anime : Like 1/2 Prince, a unique experience/story.
*Preferably something with a comedic/light atmosphere.

Apart from that it can be from a Shounen to Fan-Service or just a simple comedy I don't have any particular genre fixation just wanna read some good manga to get me in the spirits.

P.S. If anyone knows were I can find Eru Eru Sister chapter 2+ translated...that would be even better!
Old 2009-07-06, 16:08   Link #2
jedinat

Id - rather lighthearted fantasy manga with an overpowered main character who looks like a girl and is bothered by it
Kurozakuro - timid boy is turned into a monster and has to suppress the desire to be violent/eat people... interesting premise kind of falls into typical shounen stuffs, but pretty good nonetheless.
Outlanders - lighthearted space opera with grand battles and scantily clad alien princesses
Sumire 16 - gag comedy with an energetic high school girl protagonist who also happens to be a puppet controlled by a suspicious-looking old man
Angel Densetsu - hilarious delinquent comedy of misunderstandings... one of my very favorite manga.
Old 2009-07-06, 23:17   Link #3
Sasano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Id - rather lighthearted fantasy manga with an overpowered main character who looks like a girl and is bothered by it
Kurozakuro - timid boy is turned into a monster and has to suppress the desire to be violent/eat people... interesting premise kind of falls into typical shounen stuffs, but pretty good nonetheless.
Outlanders - lighthearted space opera with grand battles and scantily clad alien princesses
Sumire 16 - gag comedy with an energetic high school girl protagonist who also happens to be a puppet controlled by a suspicious-looking old man
Angel Densetsu - hilarious delinquent comedy of misunderstandings... one of my very favorite manga.
I apreciate the suggestions, So far I've read Sumire 16 & Angel Densetsu and Im loving it. Really great suggestions.

Thank You!
Old 2009-07-08, 19:42   Link #4
Sasano

Shameless bumb is shameless but I need more suggestions....
Old 2009-07-08, 21:10   Link #5
jedinat

Yotsubato! - hilarious manga from the creator of Azumanga Daioh (much better than the Azumanga manga imho)
Ultimate!! Hentai Kamen - perverted, stupid, and often gut-wrenchingly funny
Otaku no Musume-san - humorous manga about an otaku who suddenly finds himself the father of a young girl
Franken Fran - a comedic/light horror manga (lol)
Beelzebub - fun badassery
Gokusen - one hundred times better than the anime version and a favorite of mine
Old 2009-07-10, 15:43   Link #6
Sasano

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yotsubato! - hilarious manga from the creator of Azumanga Daioh (much better than the Azumanga manga imho)
Ultimate!! Hentai Kamen - perverted, stupid, and often gut-wrenchingly funny
Otaku no Musume-san - humorous manga about an otaku who suddenly finds himself the father of a young girl
Franken Fran - a comedic/light horror manga (lol)
Beelzebub - fun badassery
Gokusen - one hundred times better than the anime version and a favorite of mine
Thank you...You are my the only one I can count on!
Old 2009-07-10, 21:10   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Because random manga suggestions from the left field are always fun:

Try Shinwa Ponchi. Only three chapters translated so far (sadly enough ), but it's already very interesting. What happens when you put Mr. Despair, a Mysterious Young Girl, and the Goddess of...ah..."wisdom"...together? [movie voice] Hilarity ensues, of course! [/movie voice]
Old 2009-07-12, 09:24   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmmm...

You might try Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, off beat and a little strange, but quite funny, and every time you think it's going to go off and become romance centered... it doesn't.
Old 2009-07-14, 04:12   Link #9
Sasano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Hmmm...

You might try Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, off beat and a little strange, but quite funny, and every time you think it's going to go off and become romance centered... it doesn't.
Thanks for the suggestion, read a few chapters but dropped it for now...the girl is too annoying...also read shinwa ponchi, but I have to wait for the rest its not bad but its not incredible(YET).

Still looking for suggestions...don't know whats up with the lack of 'em since I thought I was being broad with my specifications...
Old 2009-07-14, 15:09   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

Here are a few suggestions:

Beach Stars
Kandachime
Legend of Lemnear
Mai-HiME
Natsume Yuujinchou
XBlade
Yakuza Girl
Old 2009-07-15, 20:56   Link #11
becky0311

Until Death Do Us Part-pretty good but still ongoing. Its about a blind martial artist protecting a 12 yr old girl from being kidnapped by several different gangs
Bloody Monday-a genius computer hacker in the middle of a terrorist attack
Beach Stars-a gifted volleyball player competes in a beach ball tournament with her team

you can find these at onemanga.com if youre interested
Old 2009-07-17, 10:56   Link #12
jdizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky0311 View Post
Until Death Do Us Part-pretty good but still ongoing. Its about a blind martial artist protecting a 12 yr old girl from being kidnapped by several different gangs
Bloody Monday-a genius computer hacker in the middle of a terrorist attack
Beach Stars-a gifted volleyball player competes in a beach ball tournament with her team

you can find these at onemanga.com if youre interested
i agree on this beach stars is a good one

__________________________________________________ _
puerto vallarta tours
Old 2009-07-18, 13:25   Link #13
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
I second that! ^0^
Old 2009-07-20, 01:45   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That's pretty much my manga list, I removed the extremely serious/mind raping ones, although the last one is about a guy exorcising demons by making girls fall for him, it's not really romance centered, more of a comedy type.

Air Gear
Bakuman
Beelzebub
Defense Devil
Fairy Tail
Gintama
History's strongest disciple Kenichi
Kattekyo Hitman reborn!
My Balls
Rosario+Vampire
Soul Eater
The world God only knows