AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 19:37   Link #161
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
That leaves me with a good question: Where's Ahab?
That is a good question actually.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:39   Link #162
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
That is a good question actually.
Without Ahab, Whitebeard cannot die.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:42   Link #163
marvelB

I still feel that Whitebeard's the most likely person to get killed off in this storyline. I've already gave my reasons why in past threads....

And I just realized something... What if the government uses Moria's power to make zombie Pacifistas? Think about it: The marines definitely should have executed enough pirates to make an army of undead warriors. All that's needed is Moria's Kage Kage powers, the combined minds of Hogback and Vegapunk, and you've got one formidable army made to fight against the forces of Whitebeard and whatever seperate pirate crews he may have brought along with him....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 19:55   Link #164
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And I just realized something... What if the government uses Moria's power to make zombie Pacifistas? Think about it: The marines definitely should have executed enough pirates to make an army of undead warriors. All that's needed is Moria's Kage Kage powers, the combined minds of Hogback and Vegapunk, and you've got one formidable army made to fight against the forces of Whitebeard and whatever seperate pirate crews he may have brought along with him....
Which shadows do you want them to use? Who are you going to deprive of the day light? Pirates? they should have civil rights you know. And using dead bodies seems taboo to me. They are still the WG, though I personally find them corrupt as hell and those pacifistas seem louche they do have to uphold a certain image. A pirate doing that is one thing, the WG doing that is an other thing imo.
Old 2008-11-19, 20:07   Link #165
Umaibo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That would be pretty bad. The pacifistas are, more or less, invincible. The zombies are not. A little salt and they can be wiped out. I don't know. I don't think you want to give something so expensive such a weakness (1 pacifista costs as much as 1 warship).
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:17   Link #166
seiji_kun

Btw, how do marine ships sail on the calm belt? I understand that they got sea stone hanging underneath their ships that keep the seaking/monsters away but how do they move on a sea with no wind? The Kuja's have at least those seasnakes pulling them. I doubt they paddle since that would attract attention.
Old 2008-11-19, 20:27   Link #167
Umaibo

They haven't introduced the windless sailing system yet. I guess it is a more advanced version of Franky's system.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 20:52   Link #168
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Btw, how do marine ships sail on the calm belt? I understand that they got sea stone hanging underneath their ships that keep the seaking/monsters away but how do they move on a sea with no wind? The Kuja's have at least those seasnakes pulling them. I doubt they paddle since that would attract attention.
It's a marine warship. It can do anything. Except fly like the Sunny. :P
Old 2008-11-19, 21:00   Link #169
chitgoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
That would be pretty bad. The pacifistas are, more or less, invincible. The zombies are not. A little salt and they can be wiped out. I don't know. I don't think you want to give something so expensive such a weakness (1 pacifista costs as much as 1 warship).
i doubt the WG knows about it. if they do, the zombies wouldnt be surprised that the strawhats knew their weakspots. but instead they were
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:03   Link #170
chitgoks

man, if momonga cant detect that luffy's hiding inside boa's coat, he sucks
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:30   Link #171
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
man, if momonga cant detect that luffy's hiding inside boa's coat, he sucks
lol and why would he or for that matter why would anyone think someone was there?

Momonga seems to know enough about Boa in that she hates males, last thing on his mind would be to think that a male is hiding in her coat.
Old 2008-11-19, 21:42   Link #172
Sethi
StormRider

Damn i have to say Oda is writing at his best, this chapter is the latest in a series of build ups that sets some serious expectations at what will happen in the future and leave us all guessing and counting at the days for the next chapters to know what exactly is going to happen in the future for the One Piece world.

On one side we have Luffy x Hancock, will Hancock teach him Haki? What will happen to her when they go their separate ways? Will she continue on with him to help in Impel Down or go straight to the Shichibukai Meeting? If she helps him in Impel Down what will happen to her shichibukai title?
We have Jimbei also, will he throw away is Shichibukai Status or stop rebelling against the WG? And what will happen if he meets Luffy in Impel Down will he fight against or with Luffy?
Then we have WhiteBeard x Marines, what will the marines use to monitor WB now that he destroyed 23 of their ships? Who are the other pirates aiding WB? Where will WB attack? Impel Down or the Execution Grounds? Will it even reach a War or will Luffy stop it by saving Ace?
Finally we are all waiting to see what will be the changes in Luffy Nakama, will Oda give us little more than glimpses at them or will he wait further for the impact to be greater? What kind of changes will all of them have??
Now add all that to the theories going on about meetings with former enemies and other story characters that can happen in Impel Down and we have some serious build up that can culminate in a lot of surprises and in some serious battles from the part of almost every heavyweight Character.

On side notes i'm amazed at Ace's state, the guy is seriously injured, the marines didn't even healed his wounds from BB fight it seems, Luffy will have to drag him if he wants to rescue his brother. And also Boa is seriously growing more and more on me, she appeared Cold and Sexy in the beginning, but now she's still that and with Luffy she's seriously cute, not to mention Best female model in One Piece Hands down, the way she tells Luffy to call him Hancock(and Luffy misspelling it was hilarious by the way) just sent the Amazons into death by love. Even if she ends being separated from Luffy this is one character i would love to see more of.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 21:44   Link #173
Rainbowman

Somewhere in this thread, I thought someone had mentioned that Boa Hancock's love illness had been placed into her Mero Mero powers. Is that true?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 22:02   Link #174
viperx116

Is it me or Jinbei's shadow looks like one of the Yonkou's?
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 22:35   Link #175
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
LOL this chapter is god damn amazing! Hancock is now my favourite moe character ever, LOL

She's so in love with Luffy, she's so extremely deredere.
Spoiler:
Oh and damn lol, I understand why the amazon's loved her so much now, even when she kicked 2, not just 1 baby animals off her path this time.

She's so Coodere!!!

She's the queen of all Cooderekko!
Can't agree more...

Dear Luffy, you are my favourite male character in OP. Please keeps Boa (my favourite female character in OP) around as well. It would be double win for me

The funny thing is both Luffy and Hancock is quite clueless when it comes to love and relationship

Wow, she still keeps her cool and kick the puppy and the baby seal(didn't expect that). But this time it's more of a comedic situation (only those two are angry, lol).

Boa would be known from now to eat the portion of 20, no, 50 people. But i wonder if Luffy can hide if he eat too much
Old 2008-11-19, 22:38   Link #176
Freya

Dude Hancock must have been going crazy with Luffy like holding onto her or whatever lol.

Edit: That poor seal and puppy. :[
Old 2008-11-19, 22:41   Link #177
SuperiorX

the first page was epic Spamdam looked well hahahahahahahaha this chapter was awsome all the way to the end.
SuperiorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 22:45   Link #178
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
the first page was epic Spamdam looked well hahahahahahahaha this chapter was awsome all the way to the end.
Oh yeah! Dude is totally like owned up lol.
Old 2008-11-20, 00:33   Link #179
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

That last page, and the last scene is definitely one of the best ever, in this story so far. Sanji's crying face... I cannot stop laughing (and it has really started to hurt). He really is in hell!
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 01:28   Link #180
Undertaker

This chapter is great, Bos is sooooooooo MOE ^_^

As for Sanji, ever since he got the bounty that he had always wanted, it has been a downward spiral into a bottomless pit of comedic hell for him. First the poster, than the Super Saiyan mode before the fight with Absolem and his jealousy toward Absolem's fruit, folow by Duval, now the Kamabaka Kingdom......
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote