AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 56 39.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 33.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 21:28   Link #221
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
this is off topic, but we have to wait less than a day for the next ep
Old 2008-05-13, 23:15   Link #222
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

i just noticed something...

ranka runs really really fast
she ran like 12 km to the concert in 2 minutes
Old 2008-05-13, 23:29   Link #223
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post

I don't think she even made it to the concert. And what was that letter she was carrying?
Old 2008-05-13, 23:38   Link #224
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't think she even made it to the concert. And what was that letter she was carrying?
She made it alright. Next ep preview shows the girl in the crowd.

And the 12 km bit is a bit of an exaggeration on time compression. Of course it's entirely likely since the girl is a quarter zent and knows where to go now
Old 2008-05-13, 23:47   Link #225
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」

ranka should join a track team
Old 2008-05-13, 23:50   Link #226
Tsuchiro

Quote:
isn't a letter if you look closely it says "ticket"
Old 2008-05-14, 00:03   Link #227
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
isn't a letter if you look closely it says "ticket"
She put the ticket into an envelope?
Old 2008-05-14, 00:10   Link #228
Tsuchiro

Quote:
She put the ticket into an envelope?
maybe she got another ticket from sheryl? who knows
Old 2008-05-14, 00:13   Link #229
Wesley84

Just seems kind of odd she'd be hurriedly late to a concert she knew was coming in advance.
Old 2008-05-14, 01:16   Link #230
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post

I doubt she really did marathon her way to the concert during that short amount of time. She probably had a means of transportation like trailers or something to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I dunno, I get worried when relationships flow TOO EASILY in the beginning of the series. They r already blushing, exchanging mementos, neglecting the third wheel, and this is what, the sixth episode?

For once, I want to see the 'seemingly-out-of-your-league' character win the love triangle instead of the 'down-to-earth moe/loli/more-in-your-league' type.
You noticed it too? This is just episode 6, indeed lol

As for me, I say Sheryl is more on Alto's league. The people around him can agree that Alto-hime IS a pretty boy. Sheryl is this uber sexy gorgeous multitalented and everything great idol of the galaxy. They're both prettier than Ranka. Both have entertainment experience. They're just too pretty together. I hope they don't explode or blind everyone around them if they walk on the red carpet as a couple.

Ranka on the other hand is this underdeveloped young crybaby who's full of ambition. She seems to be the one who is out of the league here, honestly. I find no reason to hate her character just cuz she's passive and has no chest---"Loli".
Old 2008-05-14, 03:27   Link #231
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
You noticed it too? This is just episode 6, indeed lol

As for me, I say Sheryl is more on Alto's league. The people around him can agree that Alto-hime IS a pretty boy. Sheryl is this uber sexy gorgeous multitalented and everything great idol of the galaxy. They're both prettier than Ranka. Both have entertainment experience. They're just too pretty together. I hope they don't explode or blind everyone around them if they walk on the red carpet as a couple.

Ranka on the other hand is this underdeveloped young crybaby who's full of ambition. She seems to be the one who is out of the league here, honestly. I find no reason to hate her character just cuz she's passive and has no chest---"Loli".
I won't be surprised if Sheryl falls from grace in the middle of the series. She's already so high up and her character so developed, what better way is there to develop an already developed character than to tear her away from the one thing which has been pushing her and molding her into who she became today?

All I can say is when it comes to MF's love triangle, Ranka has a couple of points going against her if this series continues nodding to the old Macross series.

* The younger girl / loli never wins. Period.

The only thing going against Sheryl is that she is TOO FAR AHEAD in the race (for reasons which I list up there). I can't believe I'm saying this but Alto x Ranka needs to happen NOW until the middle of the series for my mind to be appeased, because then, once the series is nearing its end... HEH HEH.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-05-14 at 12:41. Reason: Removed spoiler.
Old 2008-05-14, 04:20   Link #232
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Why don't we all just leave the past "love triangle conclusions on Macross" behind. We might never know, we've already seen shouta's and loli's in this series. Though the series pays homage to the other macross series' it's still entirely new and different. Maybe even the love department would come out different. Like Altoh staying w/ one girl the entire series while still having good relationship(though not romantically) to the other girl or etc...
Old 2008-05-14, 04:44   Link #233
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or Alto and Michel finally admitting their homoerotic feelings for each other while the shota seduces the part-time loli...
Old 2008-05-14, 05:14   Link #234
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or Alto and Michel finally admitting their homoerotic feelings for each other while the shota seduces the part-time loli...
Alto is Ozma's; Micheal is Luca's; Klan Klan is Sheryl's; Ranka is Leon's; Nanase is Cathy's. Do I miss any one?
Old 2008-05-14, 07:16   Link #235
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Considering how you're talking to a yaoi fangirl, then hell yes, Alto x Michel all the way baby.
Old 2008-05-14, 08:22   Link #236
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Why don't we all just leave the past "love triangle conclusions on Macross" behind. We might never know, we've already seen shouta's and loli's in this series. Though the series pays homage to the other macross series' it's still entirely new and different. Maybe even the love department would come out different. Like Altoh staying w/ one girl the entire series while still having good relationship(though not romantically) to the other girl or etc...
The one thing I would like to avoid in this series is yet another meaningless pairing war...I'm sick of reading posts on every anime that has a love triangle about who will win out in the end...

I know it's part of the story but thats not the main focus. What about the meachs, dog fights in space, secret behind the aliens attacking humanity, and why Altoh dislikes his family so much...I could go on and on but to get straight to the point...What I'm saying is there is more to a series then just a paring...
Old 2008-05-14, 08:27   Link #237
Westlo
Lets be reality

Actually this is Macross, it matters just as much as all that stuff if not more, same with Kawamori's Escaflowne which I like better than even the original Macross. Main focus in Macross has always been romance and music as well as the mecha action, those are the 3 staples of Macross you can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
The only thing going against Sheryl is that she is TOO FAR AHEAD in the race (for reasons which I list up there). I can't believe I'm saying this but Alto x Ranka needs to happen NOW until the middle of the series for my mind to be appeased, because then, once the series is nearing its end... HEH HEH.
Well unless this turns out like Macross Zero I too would like to see Ranka appear in the lead during the 65-85% period of the show, assuming this follows the trend of the "winner" being "screwed" near that area.
Old 2008-05-14, 08:32   Link #238
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I know it's part of the story but thats not the main focus. What about the meachs, dog fights in space, secret behind the aliens attacking humanity, and why Altoh dislikes his family so much...I could go on and on but to get straight to the point...What I'm saying is there is more to a series then just a paring...
Unfortunately those things don't attract me. I watch this series because Macross has a history of really nerve-wrecking love triangles (actual love triangles not harem), the same way fans watch Macross for the mecha and ignore the love triangle. Lucky for me the romance is very part of the plot so yes while i know that there's more to aseries than just a pairing, it's still a BIG subplot.

Now fanbrats who wail and moan and bitch because their pairing lost, however... yeah we could do without em.
Old 2008-05-14, 08:36   Link #239
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Actually this is Macross, it matters just as much as all that stuff if not more, same with Kawamori's Escaflowne which I like better than even the original Macross.
I know that...It's just that I'm sick of seeing flame wars about parings ever anime thread I go to and seems like that eats up everything else good about the story...

Also...

@Crisis: I may be a hopeless Yuri Fanboy but I leave that part of me the series that matter...Oh and Sheryl x Ranka 4 ever!
Old 2008-05-14, 09:06   Link #240
Westlo
Lets be reality

I see what you mean, if we get a finale that's as good as Love Drifts Away* from Macross and the majority of comments is "Oh no Sheryl/Ranka lost this sucks and alto sucks!" or "yay sheryl/ranka won suck it!"... well that would be disappointed to say the least.

*I know Love Drifts Away isn't the real ending but it's the climatic finish to the series imo... wasn't really a fan of all that added on stuff that we got because it was rating so well..
Closed Thread