AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-26, 12:20   Link #1
pepper_begs

Oblivion 4 help

Hi,

I've just discovered "The Elder Scrolls" and I'm in love.

I seem to be a perpetual nooby at games but this is fun!

The problem is, I've closed the first gate and saved the city and the King's son. I'm a hero! I walked down to the camp south of the city and now I'm a thief! Everyone I encounter is hostile because I steal from them. The King's son gives me the stink eye because he's already caught me stealing from him!

Is this a corrupted game save? How can I fix it?
pepper_begs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 12:29   Link #2
Lesca

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_begs View Post
Hi,

The problem is, I've closed the first gate and saved the city and the King's son. I'm a hero! I walked down to the camp south of the city and now I'm a thief! Everyone I encounter is hostile because I steal from them. The King's son gives me the stink eye because he's already caught me stealing from him!

Sounds like you have a wanted level, maybe comitting a crime and paying the fine/going to jail might fix it? if you're going to steal try to do it when sneaking, people won't like you for it
Old 2008-05-26, 13:12   Link #3
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_begs View Post
Hi,

I agree with Lesca, it sounds like you commited some crime. You might have accidentally killed a guard during the siege of Kvatch (which I did on my first play-through ) or you might have accidentally picked up something in a bar or inn that you were not supposed to (which is eaisily done, even by "pros" of the game).

To find out if you have commited a crime and more importantly if you have to pay a fine for you crime, you need to check the STATS MENU and look under the ACCOMPLISHMENTS sub-menu. Somewhere on that long list (which details everything from the days spent in-world, to the number of houses bought, the number of creatures killed, etc.) there will be a list detailing fame and infamy as well as a list detailing fee owed for commiting a crime.

If you owe a fee, and are not part of the Thieves Guild, then you will need to go to jail or simply join the thieves guild (which you will do eventually anyway ). If you are caught the guards, agree to pay the fine. Whatever you do, do not agree to go to jail. When you go to jail, you lose random Skill points. So, never go to jail, or at least do not until you are of a higher level and wish to play around with the Leveling trick.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 05:23   Link #4
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Who cares about fame? Infamy FTW!

But, as has been said already, as a thief, join the thieves guild, simply donate an ample sum to a beggar to do so.

You can pay off your fines to Armand Christophe, one of the guild's leaders, for less and to remove all penalties.

Or, you could simply pay the guards, if you want to alter your disposition (or more aptly put, standing) with the King's son, play the disposition mini-game with him.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 11:56   Link #5
pepper_begs

That fixed it! (I stole a horse and went to jail.
(I couldn't find the thief's guild.)

Thanks to everyone for their help>
pepper_begs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 06:55   Link #6
Dingo dom

where can i get a black soul germ ?
Dingo dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 13:19   Link #7
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

1. Get a Grand Soul Gem.

2. DO NOT FILL IT.

3. Go to any Necromancer altar (If you're in the mages guild, you WILL have visited one if you're the archmage)

4. When the moonlight shines on the altar, place your gem inside, then cast a soul trap spell on the altar.

5. VOILA, NEW BLACK SOUL GEM!

Alternatively, raid Necromancer Lairs.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote