AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-07, 16:01   Link #81
james0246

^Fair enough. In the end, I think it is more likely to see Zoro cut through diamond rather than an element, but I fully admit I could be using faulty logic mixed with personal opinion to reach such a conclusion.

That being said, I am eager to see if Usopp leveld up at all. I don't think any of the Strawhats will be able to survive the New World unless they level up, especially the "weakest" member (Usopp). (Usopp's fight with Perona is still one of the most entertaining fight in the past 100 chapters, if for no other reason than he always seems like he is about to lose).
Old 2009-10-07, 16:04   Link #82
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
i see. well, if thats the case, i think chopper needs some sparring against the giant-birds in his XXL-Rumble-mode. that would prepare him for the new world right?
Old 2009-10-07, 16:53   Link #83
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I logged off before the new pics came out, but I see them now (thanks, aohige). So, it looks like whoever else is on the island with Zoro and Perona in the ministory may be pretty hostile since he's holding a sword. Heh, I'm starting to wonder if the mystery person is that master swordsman that james0246 was looking forward to.....
I'd be hoping that the shadow would be Absolom but that's just my thinking. Certainly wouldn't be Ryuuma unless some other force brought him back.

Quote:
By the way, I still think that we're going to get a second round of Straw-Hat stories. Like I said before, 18 chapters is too short for a ministory. The standard length is about 30 chapters, so we'll probably be seeing more of Sanji's adventures in Kamabakka next chapter.....
I guess I could live with extending the Straw Hat Separation Serial just as long as they be breif and with no colorspreads to stall the suspense.
Old 2009-10-07, 18:23   Link #84
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I wonder if Buggy could fight Mihawk XD He can't be cut and that's a good start...

It would be too easy if the shadowy fiqure was a trainer - at the begining of Zoro's side story it looked like he rather needs to rest well and maybe fight a strong monster and level up naturally.
Old 2009-10-07, 19:05   Link #85
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I wonder if Buggy could fight Mihawk XD He can't be cut and that's a good start...
There's a point where huge power differences can overcome bad match ups. Recall when a lot of people thought Mr. 3's wax abilities would be very useful against Magellan's poison, but then the chief warden reveals his ultimate technique "Hell's Judgement" that is capable of infecting and melting anything it touches. The wax from that point on was completely useless.

The same scenario may apply here. Buggy may have an inherent advantage against all swordsman, but Mihawk is in a totally different class than him. Who knows though. Maybe Oda is trying to mess with our heads by making Buggy look like a pathetic weakling, when in fact if he gets serious he can hold his own (something he has yet to do because he's always clowning around ).
Old 2009-10-07, 19:32   Link #86
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Maybe Oda is trying to mess with our heads by making Buggy look like a pathetic weakling, when in fact if he gets serious he can hold his own (something he has yet to do because he's always clowning around ).

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel about Buggy. He actually reminds me a lot of Usopp (another character who seems to be maligned around these parts, sadly) in the sense that he still has resourceful methods of fighting against powerful enemies to make up for his lack of physical power. For instance, we saw how he was able to make those bombs in Impel Down that were powerful enough to wound the Awakened minotaur guardian. Maybe at Marineford he'll shock the world by actually wounding a Shichibukai or admiral, even if it's completely by accident (he's going to get a huge bounty hike nonetheless, but at least that way it would be further justified). Yep, I have high hopes for whatever it is that Buggy's got planned......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
It would be too easy if the shadowy fiqure was a trainer - at the begining of Zoro's side story it looked like he rather needs to rest well and maybe fight a strong monster and level up naturally.

Zoro meeting a master swordsman was something that me, james0246 and some others were speculating last year around the end of the Sabaody arc. I actually didn't agree with the idea at first, but it's something I'm cool with now. Besides, the shadowy figure could easily be some old member of Gold Roger's pirate crew, for all we know (remember, Rayleigh said that he didn't know where his former comrades went after the crew disbanded).....
Old 2009-10-07, 19:35   Link #87
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
There's a point where huge power differences can overcome bad match ups. Recall when a lot of people thought Mr. 3's wax abilities would be very useful against Magellan's poison, but then the chief warden reveals his ultimate technique "Hell's Judgement" that is capable of infecting and melting anything it touches. The wax from that point on was completely useless.

The same scenario may apply here. Buggy may have an inherent advantage against all swordsman, but Mihawk is in a totally different class than him. Who knows though. Maybe Oda is trying to mess with our heads by making Buggy look like a pathetic weakling, when in fact if he gets serious he can hold his own (something he has yet to do because he's always clowning around ).
Actually I think Buggy's situation maybe something similar to a logia. Those who can utilize haki can probably prevent him from splitting, much in the same way they can prevent a logia user from turning into an element. Although if Buggy can split before Mihawk gets there he might be able to avoid this, however Buggy isn't anywhere near that fast.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-10-07, 19:39   Link #88
james0246

^Planned? No, it will not be planned. It will be spontaneous and unintentional (like he will be throwing a bomb (he thought was a dud) over his shoulder and accidentally kill Whitebeard (j/k)). Whatever the case, I do think Buggy will have at least one monumental moment in this war, and it will not just be walking around with Whitebeard.
Old 2009-10-07, 19:48   Link #89
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Planned? No, it will not be planned. It will be spontaneous and unintentional (like he will be throwing a bomb (he thought was a dud) over his shoulder and accidentally kill Whitebeard (j/k)).

Heh, that would be awesome, hilarious and ironic all at once if that were to actually happen. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that Buggy's going to get caught up in some stunt that will end up putting him in a near-legendary status when this storyline is over (I imagine it would be as epic as the moment where Usopp burned the WG's flag at Enies Lobby).....
Old 2009-10-07, 19:49   Link #90
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Mihawk vs. Luffy will be interrupted by ...?

I definitely wish for Zoro to appear right at this moment, but I am guessing he cannot go above Mihawk's level before Luffy does the same for similar opponents. That means, another person is needed. Inazuma comes to mind to follow Iva's steps, if he wakes up.

It seems Doflamingo's ropes are not strong enough to cut diamond. Understandable. And Crocodile cannot suck the water out of diamond, or give enough damage to it. Nice to see them pair up to make it more interesting, but I cannot see much hope for now. Though, with both appearing to take down Jozu, I wonder will Buggy appear to match well against Doflamingo (maybe that will erase the smile from his face).

What else? Boa appears to be the stronger one against Smoker. Anytime I see her use her powers like this, I always recall arguments undermining her abilities, partly because the character is a female. Nice to see her appearing to be quite powerful.

Iva against Kuma may reach its finale with Iva using one of her injections to correct what is wrong with Kuma, if that is the case.

And we are currently missing some admirals. Wonder what they are planning.
Old 2009-10-07, 19:55   Link #91
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
And Crocodile cannot suck the water out of diamond, or give enough damage to it.

Crocodile can erode rocks and metal, so I don't think it's impossible for him to erode Jozu's diamond body, as well. As I mentioned before, Jozu's speed seems to be the biggest problem for him. All Doflamingo needs to do is hold him down long enough with his strings for Crocoboy to work his magic, and... voila! Jozu will become a giant prune.

But even so, I still doubt the third division commander is going to go down easily.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-10-07 at 20:08.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:02   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Crocodile can errode rocks and metal, so I don't think it's impossible for him to errode Jozu's diamond body, as well. As I mentioned before, Jozu's speed seems to be the biggest problem for him. All Doflamingo needs to do is hold him down long enough with his strings for Crocoboy to work his magic, and... voila! Jozu will become a giant prune.
Indeed. Crocodile's hand can suck the moisture out of anything (Chapter 541 - Page 8).
Old 2009-10-07, 20:05   Link #93
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

That may be true for metals and rocks, but we don't know how erosion works with the diamond. I presume Oda will make it much tougher for Crocodile to work his powers on it. Unless he has something to strengthen his ability, I doubt he will be able to give Jozu sufficent damage to bring him down.

And one other note, I hope that it won't happen unless Mihawk succeeds in cutting him first, and not a small cut either.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:15   Link #94
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
That may be true for metals and rocks, but we don't know how erosion works with the diamond. I presume Oda will make it much tougher for Crocodile to work his powers on it. Unless he has something to strengthen his ability, I doubt he will be able to give Jozu sufficent damage to bring him down.
If Doflamingo is actually able to control Jozu's body, then his ability is going to be one of the most broken in the entire One Piece universe. Controlling someone of that caliber is ridiculously powerful. If this is the case, he could just force Jozu's body to stay still and Crocodile could then just suck him dry while he would be completely defenseless. In any case, this is quite the dangerous duo we have here, and Jozu is at a disadvantage no matter how you look at things.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:37   Link #95
james0246

Quote:
Indeed. Crocodile's hand can suck the moisture out of anything (Chapter 541 - Page 8).
Hmm, I don't know. Most diamonds are insulators, so there is no moisture (etc) in it by which Crocodile can use to "dry" a diamond. I mean, a diamond can be almost 3 billion years old (in the Earth or on the Earth), so I find it hard to believe that it could be dehydrated...
Old 2009-10-07, 21:45   Link #96
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Hmm, I don't know. Most diamonds are insulators, so there is no moisture (etc) in it by which Crocodile can use to "dry" a diamond. I mean, a diamond can be almost 3 billion years old (in the Earth or on the Earth), so I find it hard to believe that it could be dehydrated...
That is true. Then again, Oda has shown to deviate from concepts as we know them on quite a few occasions. In his story, pretty much anything is possible.

Imagine this scenario. Let's say that Oda does apply that concept and Jozu converts his entire body into diamond. The result would be a flawless victory for Jozu. All of Crocodile's moves would be rendered completely useless, for he wouldn't be able to inflict any kind of damage on Jozu's diamond form. In fact, Jozu would probably be his worst possible match up in the One Piece universe if this were the case. Perhaps this is why Oda had Doflamingo lend a hand to Crocodile.
Old 2009-10-07, 22:09   Link #97
james0246

^Bearing in mind that I realize that Oda isn't going to be too scientific about Jozu's diamond abilities, what is wrong with Jozu having a broken power? I mean, Marco has the power to regenerate (presumably) any and all wounds (so an uber defense), not to mention increased power and speed plus projectile attacks, and he has more power over his Zoan than any other character introduced thus far. Isn't that just as broken? Or, what about Kuma who can literally reflect anything, including intangible things like fatigue? Or, Hancock who could potentially turn anyone she encounters into stone (and if she can't turn them into stone, she can turn everything around them into stone)? Etc.

The Top Dogs being broken is not bad, it just makes their defeat all the more exciting.
Old 2009-10-08, 01:29   Link #98
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Whatever happens, I hope there wont be another "Boa Hancock To The Rescue!" scene.Im getting a bit tired of her confronting everything about Luffy.Smoker was one thing since Luffy can never lay a finger on him but if she goes berserk on Mihawk too...She is making Luffy look even weaker.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:52   Link #99
Prestige

Pretty average chapter...

I perhaps dwelled on spoilers too much this week because chapter itself didnt felt that great, basically I already knew what was going to happen.

But there were some clarifications though, I kinda like Luffy x Hancock scene, I guess Hancock might lose her schichibukai status.

Jozu is in dire pinch, I am sure he would have not problems with Crocodile but Donflamingo is entirely diffrent issue, his string powers is very big threat that disaples Jozu as fighter.

Well we guessed right about Kumas transformation, he is now Pacifista 'PX-0', Ivankov declared that he will beat Kuma back to his senses but I fear there is little hope left for Kuma.

Buggy is having time of his live, I wonder can our red nosed friend pull this off?

Mihawk means business... Luffy is screwed unless someone/something comes out for his aid...
Old 2009-10-08, 05:19   Link #100
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92
hancock so cute in this chapter~
luffy give her "monkey hug"XD
and i can't wait for next chapter^^