Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-16, 06:46   Link #161
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
I wonder...is it me or do one of the characters look like what would happen if Margaret from Madlax underwent a sex change?
bad mental image I suppose you're talking about Camus, the sensitive boy who talks to flowers, right? He sure is missing on testosterone, but he's cute anyway, and he has a cute voice too He still haven't played an important role in the story, but I think episode 3 will focus more on him, like episode 2 focus more on Eduard, I'm not sure though, I haven't watched episode 2 yet, but I've read some spoilers...

Quote:
Not to mention fact that one of the minor characters has an uncanny resemblance to Carossur Dawn?
Now I'm intrigued, which guy are you talking about? Is he on episode 1? Cuz I sure missed it...
Old 2004-11-16, 07:40   Link #162
Entropy
Flame warrior

nah,I meant the Ludwig fanboy.He has very,very similiar a head and hair shape.
Old 2004-11-16, 08:18   Link #163
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
nah,I meant the Ludwig fanboy.He has very,very similiar a head and hair shape.
I see, you're talking about "that kid who worships Ludwig" (as I like to call him) I kinda liked "that kid who worships Ludwig aka Ludwig Fanboy" (does he even have a name?)... but I guess he won't be showing around for a while, since he's been so harshly dismised by Ludwig like that...
Old 2004-11-16, 08:32   Link #164
Trax
Rock beats scissors

The Ludwig fanboy does have a resemblance to Madlax's Margaret. The Carossur lookalike was the one talking while standing beside the fanboy I think (17:19 in the episode). Both are nameless at this point, afaik. About the fanboy, it was Beruze who talked him into doing something like this. Will he be one of the antagonists in the main plot (which we don't really know about yet, possibly something to do with the ones who killed Orphe's sister)?
Old 2004-11-16, 08:34   Link #165
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
Will he be one of the antagonists in the main plot (which we don't really know about yet, possibly something to do with the ones who killed Orphe's sister)?
Killed? Didn't she died on an accident?
Old 2004-11-16, 09:01   Link #166
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartAnimE
Killed? Didn't she died on an accident?
Well, the way that Orpherus and Ed were talking toward the beginning of episode 1, it seemed as though they thought she may have been killed as a sort of warning (i.e. from another country or a rival family). Perhaps her death was just made to look like an accident?
Old 2004-11-16, 09:19   Link #167
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Well, the way that Orpherus and Ed were talking toward the beginning of episode 1, it seemed as though they thought she may have been killed as a sort of warning (i.e. from another country or a rival family). Perhaps her death was just made to look like an accident?
I see... I really have to see the sub version, I missed all the juicy parts (damn my bittorrent client, haven't been working right lately ) I bet the person who ordered her killing was...
Spoiler:
enough of stalking for now...
Old 2004-11-16, 12:59   Link #168
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Quote:
Spoiler:
enough of stalking for now...
Spoiler:

Grifis
Old 2004-11-16, 16:22   Link #169
MartAnimE
willingness to die

YAY I finally watched the sub! It's so much better this way I really liked Naoji's attitude, but I wish he wasn't so unconfident... and I love that scene when Camus says "how mean" (time:17.26) it's so cute, go watch it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Spoiler:

Grifis
Your theory is even bether than mine now this leads me back to my inicial question: who was Orpherus sister going to marry to? I wonder if that's even relevant to the story and I'm still wondering what is the blood relation between Camus and Ludwig... they sure don't look alike...
Old 2004-11-16, 23:02   Link #170
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I just watched the first ep. I didnt like the opening or the ending a lot, and although I like the clasic style and the costumes Im a bit turned off by the setting, and the story, but with so many handsome boys I couldnt care less ^___^ Im really looking forward for more.
Old 2004-11-17, 00:32   Link #171
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
*sigh*

Well, thank gods for VideoLan's ability to play unfinished files. I've seen like 3 quarters of it now and:

KINGDOM OF CAKE??? CITY OF STRAWBERRY and PASTRY (Murbe? bad german x_x) ??? AAAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAA!!! German fans rejoice! BISHOUNEN + CANDY SHOP!!! Hoo, what more can you ask for? XD

*bangs head against monitor*

Sorry, but... XD

LOL (still 95%, *NOT* LOLish)
I just watched the first ep, too. I can see how the gals are making puddles, but this isn't my kind of anime. ^_^

The food references only made me wonder if the Japanese are being made fun of for not knowing much German, or something. I thought that was a terribly weird inside joke for such a serious anime.

Don't forget Marmalade, sekt, and Braunshwieg in the character names. Mmmm. Anime making me hungry.

-k

curious
Old 2004-11-17, 09:14   Link #172
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I just watched the first ep. I didnt like the opening or the ending a lot, and although I like the clasic style and the costumes Im a bit turned off by the setting, and the story, but with so many handsome boys I couldnt care less ^___^ Im really looking forward for more.
It's probably a little early to assume we know anything about the story (other than the whole Strahl thing, heh). I'm sure the creators will take great delight in shaking things up half-way or three-quarters of the way through.
Old 2004-11-17, 12:39   Link #173
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Magus is right! Don't be fooled by appearances, this ain't just pretty boys, I'm sure there's alot more depth to it, after all, this IS Bee-Train Besides, you shouldn't think of the characters just as "pretty boys", that's very reductant... each one of them is a troubled person with a troubled past (well, as far as it goes I can only claim this to Orpherus and Eduard but I'm sure each one has his own tragic story), being cute is just a bonus
It would be quite desapointing for me if this turned out to be just "hot bishounen girl's fanservice YAY", cuz that's exactly what I dislike about those "Fanboy's mindless fanservice degradating view of women" animes. That's one thing I like about Bee-Train, they respect their characters, in the way they don't explore them as sexual objects.

Last edited by MartAnimE; 2004-11-17 at 12:52.
Old 2004-11-18, 08:51   Link #174
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
It would be quite desapointing for me if this turned out to be just "hot bishounen girl's fanservice YAY", cuz that's exactly what I dislike about those "Fanboy's mindless fanservice degradating view of women" animes. That's one thing I like about Bee-Train, they respect their characters, in the way they don't explore them as sexual objects.
And thank God for that too. God knows we already have too many of these "full to the brim with bishounen but not much else" anime. Meine Liebe might be able to escape this fate IMO, though it's still too early to tell. I have quite a lot of faith in BeeTrain since it hasn't disappointed me so far. One thing though. Is it just me, or does the first episode really remains one of Utena?
Old 2004-11-18, 10:09   Link #175
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I'm just wondering who's the girl Orpherus had with him in the OP sequence. They were standing together like a pair of lost lovebirds. ^_^;; Maybe that hand joining with Orpherus' belongs to her too? If yes, I wonder why she wasn't listed as a main character, let alone a character at all.
Old 2004-11-18, 12:38   Link #176
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora
And thank God for that too. God knows we already have too many of these "full to the brim with bishounen but not much else" anime. Meine Liebe might be able to escape this fate IMO, though it's still too early to tell. I have quite a lot of faith in BeeTrain since it hasn't disappointed me so far. One thing though. Is it just me, or does the first episode really remains one of Utena?
I also have faith in Bee Train; Noir and Madlax have plenty of bishoujo but minimal fanservice. I strongly doubt Meine Liebe will insult the viewer's intelligence, and I like how the first episode sets up the characters' relationships.

Yeah, a few pages back I mentioned that Camus could be this show's Rose Bride. The premise and swordfights remind me of Utena more so than the execution--so far, at least, it doesn't have Utena's surreal comedy or flamboyant symbolism. I think Meine Liebe will probably end up being more uniformly dark in terms of themes and atmosphere.
Old 2004-11-18, 16:41   Link #177
MartAnimE
willingness to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora
Is it just me, or does the first episode really remains one of Utena?
I totally agree with you. We can definetly draw a paralellism between each series first episode. Just notice:

In "Revolutionary Girl Utena" we are introduced to a main character, Utena, who lost her family members, her parents.
Later on the episode, someone starts spreading an offensive note through the school with the purpose of humilliating Utena's friend, Wakaba.
The episode ends with Utena challenging the responsible for the prank to a duel, in order to defend Wakaba's honour.

In "Meine Liebe" we are introduced to a main character, Orpherus, who lost a family member, his sister.
Later on the episode, someone starts spreading an offensive note through the school with the purpose of humilliating Orpherus's friend, Eduard.
The episode ends with Orpherus challenging the responsible for the prank to a duel, in order to defend Eduards's honour.

What do you guys think? Just a coincidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
I'm just wondering who's the girl Orpherus had with him in the OP sequence. They were standing together like a pair of lost lovebirds. ^_^;; Maybe that hand joining with Orpherus' belongs to her too? If yes, I wonder why she wasn't listed as a main character, let alone a character at all.
Well, I just hope it isn't his sister, that would only confirm my inicial suspection that Orpherus might have a "sister complex" I actually though she was his girlfriend when I first saw the raw, by the way they talked to each other
Old 2004-11-18, 22:56   Link #178
Itlandm
Porcupine

I agree that from what we have seen so far, it could be set well before 1935. But there may be events later on in the series that require either the technology or the political situation of the 1930es to seem realistic.

And yeah, for anyone with a cursory knowledge of German, there is a horrible clash between the gloomy and stilted atmosphere of the series and the cutie food names. Brooding characters named Marmalade ... simply ... no, I can think of no word for it. It is weird beyond imagination.
Old 2004-11-19, 08:49   Link #179
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

My question is, were the "food" names something taken from the original game or added for the anime?
Old 2004-11-19, 10:05   Link #180
Varekai
A past life tragic ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
My question is, were the "food" names something taken from the original game or added for the anime?

Well their names are the same for the GBA/PS2 game, but im not sure about the places ... only Kuchen ... since i dont know so much japanese.

About the girl that we saw in the opening linking hands with Orpherus, im sure that she is the heroine of the game, i saw a promotional pic with all the boys and she was there to, with the following text next to her:

"Genki shoujo mo de masu~"
The cheerful girl makes her appearance!

Closed Thread