AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-02-18, 01:33   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I never saw Gundam SEED but honestly what I heard about it doesn't interest me.
You missed out! While Destiny was pretty shit the actual experience of watching it as it aired and "discussing" it was ENTERTAINMENT. Top 5 anime "experience", no lie. Of course watching it now you miss all that
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 08:32   Link #102
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...promo-streamed

I'm afraid this is going to be another Code Geass rehash

"Jioru" seems like an Japan expy. At it seems that Japan is pretending to be the middle east again.

I wonder what's their excuse of the major powers inevitably invading an isolated country like Jioru.

If it's something like Sakuradite again, I am am going to puke. Or maybe they're going to be a Gundam Seed's Orb expy and go with the technology angle. Still not any better.

Also..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-P2sldCV4

"A world where there is no such thing as winning or losing. I would like that kind of world"

That's rubbing me the wrong way.. Is this what Japanese youths relate to nowadays?
Seems more like a SEED/ Gundam in general rehash: 2 waring factions, a neutral 3rd party getting invaded, TMR doing an opening. The only thing to make it complete if there was an idol who for some reason wielded awesome military strength... and was named Racus Klyne
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 11:13   Link #103
Folenfant
Banned

Wow I thought the trailer and staff/cast announcements were pretty neat and yet I cone hear and its rehash this rehash that and a whole lot of apprehension. Did not see that coming at all.

Me I'm just looking for a good fun mecha show with interesting plot and setting and characters, nothing complicated or super original though if it starts some new trends I guess that'll be neat too. Also if it contains some tropes from shows that failed to use them well I'd just hope it does a better job with them.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:04   Link #104
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Wow I thought the trailer and staff/cast announcements were pretty neat and yet I cone hear and its rehash this rehash that and a whole lot of apprehension. Did not see that coming at all.
When you have what looks like a Gundam clone with a high school student piloting the main mech and his dream is "a world without conflict", you're, uh, you're going to see a lot of apprehension.
For me, this looks a lot less interesting than the other two original mecha series airing in Spring...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:30   Link #105
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
When you have what looks like a Gundam clone with a high school student piloting the main mech and his dream is "a world without conflict", you're, uh, you're going to see a lot of apprehension.
Which is why I don't really expect original and great things from this show, as long as it's entertaining fluff I'll be OK with it.

And even with that I'm personally most interested in this one of the three new mecha shows. Being one of those heretics who don't think Urobuchi Gen is all that, I'm not excited about Galgantia, and as for Ginga kikoutai, it'll need to have stellar reviews for me to get over the Hirai designs (yes, I'm that shallow ).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 15:00   Link #106
Folenfant
Banned

I
Quote:
For me, this looks a lot less interesting than the other two original mecha series airing in Spring...
Sorry not really following the logic at all here. I mean I happen to like Gundam well enough and also aren't most mecha anime inspired by gundam to some degree anyway? If that's a criteria for apprehension then that's kind of unfortunate for the mecha genre. At that rate why not just be apprehensive of anything that remotely reminds one of originators of any genre or set of tropes. Its cool if you aren't that interested but again I still don't follow the reasoning well here.

Anyway I plan on giving all three mech shows a chance. Funny that that Majestic Prince one actually reminds me more of Gundam Seed than that at first glance on account of the character designs yet theres nary a mention of it around the net nor do people seem anywhere near as bothered about the CGI mecha there or with Galgantia as they do with this one. Its quite odd indeed. I think it'd help this shows promotion if they'd showcase a little more what its about.

Last edited by Folenfant; 2013-02-18 at 15:10.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:06   Link #107
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You missed out! While Destiny was pretty shit the actual experience of watching it as it aired and "discussing" it was ENTERTAINMENT. Top 5 anime "experience", no lie. Of course watching it now you miss all that
Destiny was cool
I dont get the generic hate

anyway missing gundam seed is like missing a whole lot on purpose.
It's a suicide move
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 15:20   Link #108
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
Destiny was cool
I dont get the generic hate

anyway missing gundam seed is like missing a whole lot on purpose.
It's a suicide move
Some people actually do enjoy shitting on shows and being part of the community experience more than the shows themselves, but personally I don't see what fun there is to gain out of such a detached and premeditated experience. I know 4chans /m board loves that sort of thing though.

That said I remember lurking the net and even here a bit while that show was airing and do not remember that actually happening as the poster you quoted describes it. I just remember a lot of disappointment and disbelief at how it turned out of the kind you'd see with any disappointing series. It was only years after that "Destiny" took on this almost memetic status.
Old 2013-02-18, 16:07   Link #109
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Sorry not really following the logic at all here.
It's TOO similar, that's the problem. Of course everything is inspired by everything else, but when your inspiration is that apparent...
Quote:
Funny that that Majestic Prince one actually reminds me more of Gundam Seed than that at first glance on account of the character designs yet theres nary a mention of it around the net nor do people seem anywhere near as bothered about the CGI mecha there or with Galgantia as they do with this one.
Majestic Prince appears to be a comedy and Gargantia looks to be more about the Waterworld-like setting than the mechs... in other words, those shows simply have more to offer than just CGI mecha battles, you know?
Old 2013-02-18, 16:14   Link #110
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
It's TOO similar, that's the problem. Of course everything is inspired by everything else, but when your inspiration is that apparent...

Majestic Prince appears to be a comedy and Gargantia looks to be more about the Waterworld-like setting than the mechs... in other words, those shows simply have more to offer than just CGI mecha battles, you know?
Is there some pre screening you've managed to see that I don't know about because otherwise I'm not sure how you could say all that so emphatically as if its all a given fact. I believe that's known as prejudging a show.
Old 2013-02-18, 16:23   Link #111
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I believe that's known as prejudging a show.
Which is what everyone is doing based off of the PVs and other promotional material for all three shows, yes, and because the promotional material for Valverave looks so... standard, people are claiming that it's a rehash.
See?
Old 2013-02-18, 17:24   Link #112
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Which is what everyone is doing based off of the PVs and other promotional material for all three shows, yes, and because the promotional material for Valverave looks so... standard, people are claiming that it's a rehash.
See?
I think I have an idea of what you're trying to get at, I just don't think its entirely the case and that there's a lot of generalizing going on here due to limited promo material. I think I'm more for the wait and see approach in these cases is the difference.
Old 2013-02-19, 07:21   Link #113
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
hmmm..... i did NOT really.....really realized that my guesses of T.M. Revolution doing the 1st op were correct, well except the Nana Mizuki part

i hope the 1st op gives the old Gundam SEED vibes rather than the 2nd season of Sengoku Basara
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 09:05   Link #114
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i hope the 1st op gives the old Gundam SEED vibes rather than the 2nd season of Sengoku Basara
TMR did the first OP of Sengoku Basara as well, though, and it was awesome, especially with the visuals. Wouldn't mind seeing something like that (dancing mecha!). Funnily enough, the OP TMR did for the game Sengoku Basara 3 PARTAY Utage was ridiculously Gundam-esque.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 09:22   Link #115
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Yeah something along the lines of invoke/zips/ignite just with added nana would get me pretty hype.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 08:48   Link #116
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope this series does not feature a character voiced by T.M. Revolution who happens to pilot an orange colored mech only to say a single letter in an alphabhet as his dialogue within a few micro seconds of screentime before magicaly spontainiously explode to pieces for no goddamn reason.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:11   Link #117
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
TM. Revo + Nana-chan....much wonders will be made

And what's the problem? What you WANT is not what you have to deal with in real life. You got a problem with wishing for that kind of life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
TM Revolution + Nana Mizuki?! I can't wait to hear this. This will be amazing.

I'm extremely pleased with voice cast as well.

A lot of people wish for equality and a peaceful life with no wars. It may be a naive ideal but there's nothing wrong with that.
well..

my point is that it does not seem as if he is referring to war

the impression I get is that he's a textbook dictionary example of a go with the flow, satisfied with a C grades, didn't join any school clubs, never having any passion kind of guy

and yes, I think that's an unfulfilled life

but more than that, I also think it makes the WORST kind of main character. Only Shinji Ikari is allowed to be like that, and he's a special case.

I think it's NECESSARY for a main character to have fire in his heart. Don't make the reluctant hero angle bleed over other aspects of his life.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 16:14   Link #118
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok, I was a bit out of the loop for this coming season but this show has my interest for how deliciously old school it feels. Sure it looks like a Gundam SEED clone but I've been craving something like that so bad that I've even tried to follow the recent HD remaster of the show.
Old 2013-03-08, 15:21   Link #119
Kagura89

These guys reminds me of Incognito
Old 2013-03-08, 16:22   Link #120
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post

These guys reminds me of Incognito
Same thing when I notice this picture. I like all of their designs, but the red-haired kid (whom I call him Coofir) attracts me a lot since I have a high fondness for shotas. The effeminate lavender-haired boy (named Artorie) looks like he's here to hang out Elf as if he was a perverted big brother, but I didn't mind his actions. It seems the antagonist team will most likely have funnier interactions than Haruto's highschool friends, not to say the latters' aren't likeable. I love the character design of them, it's just that I have a feeling I'm going end up love some of the antagonists, and bonus points if they somewhat side with the good side, and I hope they'll get some character development as well !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire