AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 06:50   Link #541
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
a lot of service in this vol but

Images
girl
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

who the heck is this girl?
Spoiler:
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 07:51   Link #542
blackwhite67
Banned

Strong enough to actually take down a spirit?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:31   Link #543
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A bit late posting it, sorry guys.
Spoiler for Vol.5 Ilustrations:
what are happen in the two pics that were remove?
Old 2012-09-04, 09:36   Link #544
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
No, Natsuru gets dragged by others while Shidou willingly joined a cause he started time back and Kotori is the very first consequence of his own acts.
You say Tohka can take down Ratatosk? Well, Ifrit can curbstomp Tohka with just her pinky while eating chupa chops.
yup, the bigger the target is, the easier it is to bring it down, besides Ifrit too busy with her pet (Shi-Dork) playing dating sim

so...another rape attempt huh?, look like this going Omamori Himari route...all heroine hunt his pant content
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:38   Link #545
RapidPotential

@zerodragon: Nothing much to be honest, fanservicey illustrations that probably had no real impact on the story. Due to their nature, probably the reason why they were removed.
Old 2012-09-04, 12:10   Link #546
EvI

what happened with the twins after the fight? they joined the harem?
and how about ellen? what was her role in all this?
and what happened to kotori in the end there?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 16:22   Link #547
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
Spoiler for :
Even the prologue spells it: "Reverse Conquest" .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:24   Link #548
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Just a question. (On top of the other questions now building up)
What happened to Yoshino? I don't know the Authers way of story telling (Were he would kill off characters or not, have them switch sides too easily and so forth...)

One of the illistrations in vol.4 looks like she's battling someone.
Dominic Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:55   Link #549
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

we need some more translators lol because idk bout the rest of yall but its really hard to folloow a story when there's only pics lol ;p
Old 2012-09-04, 21:24   Link #550
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Then learn Japanese. That way not only you'll be able to read this series, but also a lot of other interesting LN series available out there.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 21:34   Link #551
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Then learn Japanese. That way not only you'll be able to read this series, but also a lot of other interesting LN series available out there.
I agree with this statement fully. However, you can still compensate not knowing much Japanese if you have knowledge of Chinese, which is the next best thing (that's the case for me), because the Chinese LN community is pretty big.

Quote:
Even the prologue spells it: "Reverse Conquest" .
Shidou's never been good with aggressive girls, so I wonder how he got through the events of volume five...

That aside, I believe I saw
Spoiler for New Character:

Quite an influx of characters in the latest volume, I must say.
Old 2012-09-04, 21:58   Link #552
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

japanese and chinese are the 2 hardest languages to learn...i failed spanish and you want me to learn japanese? you gotta better shot of being the first man on pluto lol
Old 2012-09-04, 22:04   Link #553
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
japanese and chinese are the 2 hardest languages to learn...i failed spanish and you want me to learn japanese? you gotta better shot of being the first man on pluto lol
I don't believe it is hard to the point of being impossible to learn, which is why you have people translating for others. Herein comes the problem: as long as you're relying on translations (I am too, considering my Japanese isn't at a high level), it will be difficult to follow series which don't get much interest. Just so you people know, even in the Chinese LN community this novel isn't fully translated up until the latest volumes either.

This is why people constantly seeking answers and asking questions, added to the fact that translators have lives outside of the internet, you can see why some translators are pissed off. They're doing this for free, not out of obligation.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:38   Link #554
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
It's all about dedication toward something you like. Most of us translators are not japanese native, some of us also don't use English as primary language, yet we still able to learn Japanese enough(some of us even learn Japanese sheerly through self-learning) to translate these lns due to dedication in learning the language years after years. It's not like you have to master the language to be able to understand the story(light novel tend to use simpler words, and most ln doesn't use complex grammar, not to mention frequent use of furigana for the not often used kanji), but you still gotta start somewhere. It might take years before you finally able to read ln(writing and speaking is another matter though), but the rewards are worth it because you won't have to wait for other person anymore to enjoy stories that you like. I recommend to start learning hiragana and katakana, and starts from reading shounen/shoujo manga.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:43   Link #555
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

People have to realize that translators don't just pop out of thin air or grow from trees. It takes dedication and time spent learning the language. If you're just going to pass it off as "lol it's hard and i dont think i can do it", realize that they themselves have gone through it before. Except they, you know, endured and persevered.

Effort. Sometimes it's worth putting in for something you're passionate about.
Old 2012-09-04, 23:47   Link #556
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
(some of us even learn Japanese sheerly through self-learning)
^ This. I have learnt whatever I know about the Japanese language purely because I'm self-taught.

Nobody should expect instantaneous mastery of any language. Even the language we are using to converse in (English) took us years to learn, so it isn't any different.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:14   Link #557
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
^ This. I have learnt whatever I know about the Japanese language purely because I'm self-taught.

Nobody should expect instantaneous mastery of any language. Even the language we are using to converse in (English) took us years to learn, so it isn't any different.
well i took 6months and many years of anime to get to this level its not that hard actually once you know the basics. And i think Jon is coming back to help out with translating
Old 2012-09-05, 03:51   Link #558
sky black swordman

Oh yeah vol 1 chapter 5 has an update.
Old 2012-09-05, 09:07   Link #559
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I don't really agree with Japanese being particularly hard to learn.

I picked it up after spending many years watching anime / putting some real effort into getting myself more exposure to the language and then some on and off self study.

Being able to speak more languages is ALWAYS useful.

And lo and behold, my activities in learning Japanese and translating actually ended up getting me a job as well.

If you put your heart to it, it's not impossible. The question is: How much do you love your anime/manga/light novel franchises?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:24   Link #560
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I don't really agree with Japanese being particularly hard to learn.

I picked it up after spending many years watching anime / putting some real effort into getting myself more exposure to the language and then some on and off self study.

Being able to speak more languages is ALWAYS useful.

And lo and behold, my activities in learning Japanese and translating actually ended up getting me a job as well.

If you put your heart to it, it's not impossible. The question is: How much do you love your anime/manga/light novel franchises?
the beginning sounds nice, but you lost me during the last sentence

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy