Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-25, 07:54   Link #32041
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Gundam Planet, $300.99
http://www.gundamplanet.com/pg-zgmf-...om-gundam.html

That's roughly 222.68€.

I think that would've been the cheapest route. They're based in New Jersey which is right by the coast of the east coast of the US. Very close to JFK Airport which I presume is where they'd send their overseas shipping. And orders over $85 is FREE ground shipping.

Currently they are sold out in the online store, but they might actually have 1 or 2 more in stock at their store location. I know some companies do that. They'll list things and have like 1 or 2 on the side to sell at their store (offline).

That's how I bought the MG 00 Raiser Trans Am a few years ago from GG Infinite. I paid a hefty price on that one, but it was worth it to complete my MG 00 series collection.

Give them an email at:
http://www.gundamplanet.com/contacts/

Or maybe you could've gotten lucky through eBay?
Old 2013-11-25, 11:43   Link #32042
Appel

That's 222.68€ without shipping though. And there is no way that they are gonna give me free shipping from the US to Germany :P So we would get a lot closer to 320€ again.

No matter how you look at it, here in Europe you are in a really shitty position to buy these models.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 11:47   Link #32043
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
That's 222.68€ without shipping though. And there is no way that they are gonna give me free shipping from the US to Germany :P So we would get a lot closer to 320€ again.

No matter how you look at it, here in Europe you are in a really shitty position to buy these models.
Man that's rough... and I thought my country had it bad.

All the more satisfying when you complete it though, hope it went smoothly, and you can get a cheaper ways to get them.

EDIT: Finally, the last gunpla of this month is almost complete, just need to work with the backpack and basic coating. Akatsuki is BEAUTIFUL!
Old 2013-11-25, 12:20   Link #32044
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:

Well I guess I'm spoiled then with big guys like GG Infinite, Gundam Planet, Robots 4 Less, Amazon, eBay, ModelGrade, AnimeKing, Gundam Store & More, etc being all based in the US.

You know, if you had a relative living in the US, maybe you could ship it all to them, and if you visit them you can take it all back with you to prevent customs time/fees and then you could pay your relative some cash or something for the trouble?

Regardless, I guess for people living in Europe, your options are limited. But I know of some people that live in the UK and Italy that have no trouble at all buying kits, some from local hobby shops, and others from local eBay sellers.
Old 2013-11-25, 13:02   Link #32045
Shinobi2013

Mine also have three sources to get Gunpla faster, cheaper or rare ones.

One is not only accepts gunplas but also model kits from other brands from Rainbowten.jp, usually arrive five days and we will meet up in the usual place, my gripe is that he usually charge the same price as the SRP(depends on a certain kit) from the official distributor of Gunpla which is pricier.

Second is the same as the second one but the source is from Hongkong and much cheaper, only gripe is the estimation of arrival are usually 3 weeks or 1 month but still I order from him if I'm not really in a hurry

Third is from a specialty toy/figure store that sells not only gunpla but also TF toys, SHfiguarts, Robot Damashii, anime figures, etc. and their gunplas are still much cheaper than SRP, I only buy from them if they have a certain gunpla that I'm looking for in stock.

I still buy some gunplas from official distributor if I'm willing to buy in such price more especially HG, the price of their MGs are terribly high and almost double the price from the gray market 0_0 If I'm going to buy MG kits I'll rather buy either from the three sources above.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 13:47   Link #32046
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post

Well I guess I'm spoiled then with big guys like GG Infinite, Gundam Planet, Robots 4 Less, Amazon, eBay, ModelGrade, AnimeKing, Gundam Store & More, etc being all based in the US.

You know, if you had a relative living in the US, maybe you could ship it all to them, and if you visit them you can take it all back with you to prevent customs time/fees and then you could pay your relative some cash or something for the trouble?

Regardless, I guess for people living in Europe, your options are limited. But I know of some people that live in the UK and Italy that have no trouble at all buying kits, some from local hobby shops, and others from local eBay sellers.
I don't see how spending 600-1000 bucks for a ticket to the US and then getting all those packages back to Germany would make this less expensive or more convenient XD
Old 2013-11-25, 13:59   Link #32047
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
I don't see how spending 600-1000 bucks for a ticket to the US and then getting all those packages back to Germany would make this less expensive or more convenient XD
Well I'm saying not to do this intentionally unless he owns a Gundam and can go Trans-Am to America whenever he wants.

I'm saying like if he has friends and or family that lives in the US, when he visits, he could just also take back the GunPla back home. I have family living outside of the US, and they'll often ask me or my family living in the US to buy stuff here so that when they're leaving after their visit, they can bring it back their home.

2 birds 1 stone kind of a thing.
Old 2013-11-25, 15:00   Link #32048
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:

Europe is not the best place to live when it comes to action figures or models, regardless if they are US or japanese in origin.

BTW if there is anybody in Europe interested i'm selling my (unbuild of course) MG Zeta 3 2.0 " white unicorn (limited edition)" for a very affordable price. Don't have the time to build it.

Last edited by firefox; 2013-11-25 at 15:21.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 15:25   Link #32049
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Europe is not the best place to live when it comes to action figures or models, regardless if they are US or japanese in origin.

BTW if there is anybody in Europe interested i'm selling my (unbuild of course) MG Zeta 3 2.0 " white unicorn (limited edition)" for a very affordable price. Don't have the time to build it.
How much would you want for it?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 15:28   Link #32050
Appel

Quote:
Very true.

I just finished spraypaining the inner frame pieces. One can was exactly enough, I was a little nervous about that...
The Tamiya gold looks nice, first time I used it. It's not too shiny and not too dull.
As for the quality (it is a knockoff afterall), everything feels nice and solid and looks like it was molded very well. It's a little shocking how good the quality is.

But as for the first impressions of the kit itself... It is obvious that Bandai wanted to cut some corners here and there. There are a few particular places where they used stickers that kind of disappoint me. But I will judge that properly after I have built it :P
Old 2013-11-25, 15:49   Link #32051
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
50€ (shipping excluded)
Old 2013-11-25, 15:55   Link #32052
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
50€ (shipping excluded)
No sorry, I have build the regular Zeta already, it isn't worth another 50 € for me, IMHO^^
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 15:57   Link #32053
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Regardless. It was still an extra expense.
I would've checked local hobby shops and gotten it there or at least order online from a site that is based in your country.
They dont sell fake gunpla in stores in germany, never mind legit gunpla.
Its even a rarity to have gunpla in the country at all.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 15:59   Link #32054
Sworra

Quote:
I would go into a bidding war but you can have it..

Quote:
Very true.

I just finished spraypaining the inner frame pieces. One can was exactly enough, I was a little nervous about that...
The Tamiya gold looks nice, first time I used it. It's not too shiny and not too dull.
As for the quality (it is a knockoff afterall), everything feels nice and solid and looks like it was molded very well. It's a little shocking how good the quality is.

But as for the first impressions of the kit itself... It is obvious that Bandai wanted to cut some corners here and there. There are a few particular places where they used stickers that kind of disappoint me. But I will judge that properly after I have built it :P
Pics, lots of Pics.. I hope you are having a blast with it.
Old 2013-11-25, 16:00   Link #32055
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
50€ (shipping excluded)
Try listing it on eBay.
Old 2013-11-25, 17:53   Link #32056
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://youtu.be/d_96yVRe1oU

Look what I got. Yes. I made 1 exception to my MG + RG only rule. =P
Old 2013-11-26, 02:45   Link #32057
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

http://s23.postimg.org/nuropr3fv/1385391206985.jpg
Ewwwww

Anyway, with that G-Savior appear there's a chance (albeit small one) that kits might appear, knowing bandai it's probably not a remold though.
Old 2013-11-26, 03:28   Link #32058
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
http://s23.postimg.org/nuropr3fv/1385391206985.jpg
Ewwwww

Anyway, with that G-Savior appear there's a chance (albeit small one) that kits might appear, knowing bandai it's probably not a remold though.
I actually wont be surprised if it got a HGUC for the All Gundam Project, the design actually is not that bad if you view the correct/better linearts. Its appearance actually was no bad (especially with the modern animation and drawings with no CG bullshit) and quite unexpected actually.

If it does get a release, it definitely will be built from scratch, its one and only HG kit is about 15 years old by now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 03:36   Link #32059
Skye629

Srry ppl, but the wings are still gonna be blue, after all, thats the color of Plavsky Particles

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 03:41   Link #32060
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
No sorry, I have build the regular Zeta already, it isn't worth another 50 € for me, IMHO^^
Well it's a fair price, it's exactly what i paid for it when it came out. If anybody is interested, they can just PM me.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy