AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-04, 12:15   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Lucky Star - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Lucky Star, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-08-04, 12:19   Link #2
shaoron
AQS representative

wait... it's out already!?
Old 2007-08-04, 14:30   Link #3
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
wait... it's out already!?
The thread is created a day before the episode airs.
Old 2007-08-04, 19:33   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some people watch the raws after that and the rest of us patiently wait for one of the fine subgroups to do their magic.

Unfortunately, its summertime --- sub releases always slow down in the summer and around any semester finals. Add to that the dialog of this show being a bit tricksy and we're starting to lag behind the broadcast air dates.

Hey, at least it isn't like some series that are just sitting half finished in what approaches year-long limbo (Hidamari Sketch, Negima!?, some unnameable-in-this-forum series, many others).
Old 2007-08-05, 01:57   Link #5
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Hey, at least it isn't like some series that are just sitting half finished in what approaches year-long limbo (Hidamari Sketch, Negima!?, some unnameable-in-this-forum series, many others).
Not to bring this thread into an offtopic rant, but unnameable series? Licensed series discussion is allowed (though not particularly discussion about fansubs and fansub support of those series). At any rate, Negima!? has been licensed so it should be unnameable, by what you say

At any rate, there was an episode 17 release (not by afk, but the guys did a good job anyways).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-08-05, 10:49   Link #6
41nano

I'm really wondering what will be the ED this week.
I can't see Shiraishi again, he was always funny but i think it's time for a change (main cast maybe ?)
Old 2007-08-05, 12:15   Link #7
41nano

Raw is out
Old 2007-08-05, 12:59   Link #8
Luminisk

I see we have a share user among us.

Let us burn him at the stake.

Old 2007-08-05, 13:52   Link #9
pomps
グ~…

Spoiler for ep18:
Old 2007-08-05, 14:06   Link #10
41nano

Spoiler for ep 18:
Old 2007-08-05, 14:13   Link #11
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Outside references are minimal today, some of the highlights:

Kona-chan tries to compare her friends with animals according to personality. Gotta love Kagamin's reaction at being described as a rabbit, but the ultimate sucker punch is Kona-chan saying Miyuki would be a cow, simply because she's, er, "big".

Kona-chan expressing how difficult it is to explain what exactly is "moe" to Tsukasa-chan. Just make a joke, force Kagamin to go into a reaction and then point and say, "That's moe for you!"

Kagamin discourages Tsukasa-chan from having a dog. Note how her ribbon falls as poor Tsukasa-chan looks sadder and sadder. (Kona-chan, once again, this is "moe". )

After tricking Kona-chan into reading light novels last week, so eager was Kagamin for Kona-chan to finish the book so she can discuss the story with her, that she just stared at Kona-chan non-stop, unsettling poor Kona-chan greatly.

Kona-chan explains why guys in uniform don't seem to mind mind running in the rain as much as girls do: Because guys don't have to worry about bras showing through the wet semi-transparent shirt.
Kagamin: OMGWTFBBQ
(Note Akira-sama in raincoat at end of this sketch)

Notice how the attitude of Yu-chan's classmate changed after Kona-chan emphasized she's a "Third Year".

Plenty of focus on the new characters in the second half. Introducing Yu-chan and Minami's otaku classmate Tamura Hiyori as well as Patty, who we've already seen.

If only Hiyori's Saimoe group's voting took place after today, then she could still make it into the tournament proper, unluckily for her, it was not to be.

Anyway, Hiyori is voiced by Shimizu Kaori, who I'm more used to her voicing "mature" girls, like Takano Akira in School Rumble and Signum in Nanoha, so it's refreshing hear see her do something wacky for once.

Hiyori not only is an otaku, but she's also a doujin artist, in which plenty of her Minami x Yutaka fanart in her room got busted by Patty. LOL Luckily for her, both Yu-chan and Minami doesn't seem to "get" it, instead complimenting her on her art skills.

Patty describes her "Holy Places" that require visiting in Japan includes: Akihabara in Tokyo, and Nipponbashi in Osaka. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipponbashi

Also, while Hiyori is a yuri fangirl, Patty is quite the yaoi fangirl. When she explains about Otome Road to Yu-chan, Yu-chan thinks to have the completely wrong idea of what it is, thinking it to be some Disneyland-like place, until Patty says it's a place for Fujoshi, AKA "Rotten Girls".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otome_Road
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujoshi

Kagamin's classmates Misao and Ayano also gets more airtime than usual.

Nothing special about today's Lucky Channel, just Shiraishi introducing the six other girls, to the annoyance of Akira-sama.

Today's ED is again sung a live action MV sung by Shiraishi, perhaps he could sense the grievances of some section of the fans for "screwing around" too much, this time he's actually singing quite well, with the occasional off-key, but overall, less fooling around.

The name of the song, with music and lyrics apparently credited to him, is "Kaorin's Theme". The MV basically shows a girl in a bride gown walking to meet her love, I'm not entirely sure, but I guess that's Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), as the song seems to be named for her. In terms of prettiness, she certainly won't lose to Hirano Aya.

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-08-05 at 14:25.
Old 2007-08-05, 14:50   Link #12
Meophist

Spoiler:
I loved that scene.
Old 2007-08-05, 15:02   Link #13
41nano

Thanks a lot Kinny Riddle, now i understand that episode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

Hiyori not only is an otaku, but she's also a doujin artist, in which plenty of her Minami x Yutaka fanart in her room got busted by Patty. LOL Luckily for her, both Yu-chan and Minami doesn't seem to "get" it, instead complimenting her on her art skills.

Patty describes her "Holy Places" that require visiting in Japan includes: Akihabara in Tokyo, and Nipponbashi in Osaka. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nipponbashi

Also, while Hiyori is a yuri fangirl, Patty is quite the yaoi fangirl. When she explains about Otome Road to Yu-chan, Yu-chan thinks to have the completely wrong idea of what it is, thinking it to be some Disneyland-like place, until Patty says it's a place for Fujoshi, AKA "Rotten Girls".
That part was the most funny of the ep for me.
Also fujoshi is only for yaoi fan girl right ?

Quote:
The name of the song, with music and lyrics apparently credited to him, is "Kaorin's Theme". The MV basically shows a girl in a bride gown walking to meet her love, I'm not entirely sure, but I guess that's Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa), as the song seems to be named for her. In terms of prettiness, she certainly won't lose to Hirano Aya.
She's really super cute though she hasn't the level of Aaya yet!
As said upper, the song was pretty bad IMO
Old 2007-08-05, 16:37   Link #14
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The hits just keep on coming. Another episode I loved. Hiyori is a gas. I've updated the character/seiyuu page with info/pic for her seiyuu, Shimizu Kaori.

Chihara Minori is doing a great job, imo. Minami and Yutaka are just wonderful together. The contrast between Minorin's voice and Hasegawa Shizuka's is entrancing.

I liked the ED -- even though I do want to hear Fukuhara Kaori sing, rather than just look pretty. But she did look very pretty. And the ending was highly amusing -- even though I was expecting it from the first shot of the ED.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:14   Link #15
takumi2k4

Pretty good episode, can't wait till the subs are out.

But dang, the ED was really good this time. I didn't know that Shiraishi can sing that good! That really surprised me right there, he was off-key a few times, but after hearing him botch many of the songs he sang before, this came off as a surprise.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:40   Link #16
Keruri
Like a falling star

I. Loved. This. Episode.

Hiyori FTW. Her reactions (especially to/with Patty) make me laugh even more so than in the manga.

Yutaka got quite a few good moments here as well. Lovely!

As mentioned, the ED surprised me.
Old 2007-08-05, 19:47   Link #17
krln99

very funny ep. The "supporting cast" of freshman are interesting enough to hold their own, IMHO. I loved it when Iwasaki threw the ball. That was so well-animated.
Old 2007-08-05, 21:09   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
When I played Super Robot Taisen W I distinctly remember there being other units in that stage other than the Arbalest and the Venom. Also I wonder if Kuroi-Sensei is as annoying to take down as Gauron. They made that guy so overpowered compared to every other enemy in the game.

Not terribly surprised nobody picked up on the reference I was referring to as it's fairly far outside the realm of anything we usually see. [Arrogance]Luckily the mecha fanboy is still hanging around ready to lend his knowledge to the masses.[/Arrogance] Anyway that's basically what he does in the game, only more flashy and with a fingerbang at the end, similar to what happens here only index finger extended like kids making the gun gesture. For Nico Nico users the attack Kuroi should be doing on Konata is here at about 8:49 into the video.They did their homework as the damage calculation for the attack is pretty accurate as to what it is in the actual game on a critical.

@Kaoru: The Minami role isn't exactly challenging by the usual standards of the industry, but Chihara Minori has been better than usual in this series lately in that she's pulling it off, I'll admit that. Though I hope she doesn't go and make me sorry I said it. I think she still has a long path ahead of her to be considered top caliber, if that's ever going to be possible.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-05 at 21:36.
Old 2007-08-05, 21:28   Link #19
Luminisk

Ah the SRW series; crossover mech games, good times good times.
I still remember what the getter robo and getter rays are, really old school stuff.

Old 2007-08-05, 22:15   Link #20
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

man I wish I have time to watch 18 instead of writing all the stuff about 17...
Closed Thread