AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-13, 04:52   Link #1
White Fatalis
Graphics
*Graphic Designer

Graphics Section

I heard there was a SOTM in this forum. I enter SOTW (Signature of the Week) in other forums, but I could not find it, and I finally found it in the Fan Creations Section. I think there should be a separate section for Graphics. I think it would be easier to find it in a Graphics Section.

Graphics Section Containing:
-SOTM or SOTW
-GFx Battles (in one of the forums, there was this thing called GFx Battles, were you choose an apponent and choose a Theme,Maximum Signature Size and due in date and people will vote who's entry is better)
-Show Off (posting your latest Graphics works)
-Signtature Request
-PSD Sharing (sharing your Photoshop .psd file or GIMP works)
-Resources (fonts, renders, stocks, c4d's etc.)
-Tutorials (Tutorials of how to make a signature)

This is only a suggestion.
Old 2011-03-13, 05:36   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Your suggestion is noted, but frankly I don't see a compelling reason for it. Duplicating what already fits the Fan Creation forum just for graphics, when the forum's focus isn't graphics, doesn't make sense to me. It would only dilute and confuse exiting contributions.
Old 2011-03-13, 10:34   Link #3
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Your suggestion is noted, but frankly I don't see a compelling reason for it. Duplicating what already fits the Fan Creation forum just for graphics, when the forum's focus isn't graphics, doesn't make sense to me. It would only dilute and confuse exiting contributions.
True, we have already a SOTM a Signature request and Tutorial threads and most if not all graphic designer/ sig maker have their own thread ( here go the Show Off )
About the PSD Sharing, and Ressource , I think than it might be interesting, much more than the GFX Battles. BUt it's only mi opinion.
Old 2011-03-13, 11:21   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This has been brought up before. The section is named Fan Creation to accommodate different forms other then graphics there (such as writing and drawing, etc). While it makes some sense to have graphics split from the section for organization purposes or so the graphics topics don't drawn the others so much, the process of splitting it off is just a pain. We're better off converting the section to graphics and creating sections for the others.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:17   Link #5
White Fatalis
Graphics
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
True, we have already a SOTM a Signature request and Tutorial threads and most if not all graphic designer/ sig maker have their own thread ( here go the Show Off )
About the PSD Sharing, and Ressource , I think than it might be interesting, much more than the GFX Battles. BUt it's only mi opinion.
Well I do have some works that are not related to Anime since it's Fan Creations is under Anime Related Topics

For example I can't post these there since they are not Anime.

etc..

And plus I cannot use them in my signature, since that Signature Rules came ever since I came back to this forum and received an Infraction for using a large signature and I didn't even know about the new rules.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:34   Link #6
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There's no rule that says your Fan Creations have to be anime only. There's plenty of stuff artists work on here that has nothing to do with anime, it just happens to be the hobby of choice around these parts (for obvious reasons).

Also, the Signature Rules are located under the Forum Rules at the top of the forums. I should note that the signature you're currently using is far over the file size we allow here.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:42   Link #7
White Fatalis
Graphics
*Graphic Designer

Ok thanks for telling me unlike someone who gave an infraction >_>

EDIT:

I've got a Question, when did the signature rule came or why is here? It definatly wasn't here since I joined or before I became Inactive.

I can't hardly use any of my works, since I'm not used to making small signatures..

Last edited by White Fatalis; 2011-03-13 at 12:54.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:58   Link #8
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fatalis View Post

EDIT:

I've got a Question, when did the signature rule came or why is here? It definatly wasn't here since I joined or before I became Inactive.

I can't hardly use any of my works, since I'm not used to making small signatures..
They've always been here.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:04   Link #9
White Fatalis
Graphics
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
They've always been here.

Well I didn't notice them when I registered or that orange outline when you edit your signature.

Well I don't see why there's a image size restriction (I don't mean like you can put massive - 1000x1000px+ images)
Old 2011-03-13, 13:10   Link #10
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

They were here since time began (2003). Actually they are now larger then they used to be.

First step, save them as JPEG (saving them as PNG is why it's impossible for you now). Yeah, I know, not much of a choice with the 2nd one in your example. Second step, learn how to optimize. Then it should all be easy.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:50   Link #11
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Message I included in your warning:

Quote:
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
A link to the forum rules (telling you where they were) and a link to my profile for any questions you may had had.

I apologize for taking a few hours to reply to your PM message, but you must also understand that no member of the staff can be here 24/7.

EDIT:

Since the matter being requested has already been given an answer, I'll close the thread to avoid going off topic even further.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-03-13 at 16:37.
Closed Thread