AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 17:05   Link #27341
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I would but we are currently building a brand new house and those three I've had for about 6 months and I'm saving specifically for when the house is finished and I have a whole new setup for building.

So sadly they won't be done till probably Feb/March of next year. I want to give them a full paint job and my current place doesn't really alow for that. That and I'm still stuck on what colors I want Zero to be, I'm kinda torn between his normal colors or a more muted blue with blue feet. I've seen the later done before and frankly I think it looks amazing on Zero.

I got to say, I'm kinda jealous. I got the Full Cloth but ever since I really wish I had just gotten X1 Ver Ka. Prefer that pilot and the simple cloth compared to all the extra Armor and honestly I'm not a big fan of Tobia's extra weapons.
Guess I have to wait then^^

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Full Cloth, it's just so loaded. The regular X1 has so many weapons already, that it's hard choose which I use for display Though I have it stored at the moment. Sadly, it's one of those kits that have to many loose parts -_- But I looks great, at least
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 17:27   Link #27342
Sworra

My backlog that keeps growing.. Thanks Bandai. lol

Missing EX-S Gundam..

Last edited by Sworra; 2012-08-30 at 17:42.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 17:33   Link #27343
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I hope you also enjoy a lighter wallet

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 19:57   Link #27344
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I hope you also enjoy a lighter wallet

- Tak
lol I don't, wish I had a fat and heavy wallet along with a big back log of kits to make

God knows what I'm gonna do next month, going to Hong Kong for a few weeks and decided to pick up a IWSP while I was over since it's one of the suits that costs an arm and leg on HLJ to ship now.
Problem being what else I end up getting, I know I'll cave and get more than I can afford, worse yet may end up picking up some figures. A place where I really don't want to go into just yet at least>_<
Old 2012-08-30, 22:01   Link #27345
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
and Bandai should be grateful to you even more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Problem being what else I end up getting, I know I'll cave and get more than I can afford, worse yet may end up picking up some figures. A place where I really don't want to go into just yet at least>_<
IMO collecting figures when your wallet isn’t up for it is kinda a bad idea. Unless you just wanna have one or two characters that you really like (for me it’s Yami Yugi & Seto Kaiba. I don’t dig female figurines for display until I get rich enough to collect them all), you’ll get addicted, and you know where it leads to .
Old 2012-08-30, 22:08   Link #27346
Skye629

I'm sure this have been asked before

Whats the best online store to get Gunpla in NA? Im on the US West Coast

I usually order 1 or 2 HGs at a time, most I have ever ordered at once is 4. Whats the best amount I should order at once to reduce costs?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 22:31   Link #27347
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

I usually order 1 or 2 HGs at a time, most I have ever ordered at once is 4. Whats the best amount I should order at once to reduce costs?
I usually buy them from a local hobby store. I think HobbyLink and HobbySearch are pretty reasonable, having used both. Others have stated GG Infinite has good deals. It depends on what you're looking for, and what constitutes as a reasonable price. I'm also sure that others who order more frequently online will be able to offer better suggestions
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 23:08   Link #27348
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Sure. Might as well show some more of my collection^^ My desk is a little messed up though, and I don't have all kits in fancy poses, so excuse em please

Spoiler for size:
It's like Gundam Assault Survive 2.

Quote:

Missing EX-S Gundam..
Enough to last a year I think.
Old 2012-08-30, 23:43   Link #27349
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I usually buy them from a local hobby store. I think HobbyLink and HobbySearch are pretty reasonable, having used both. Others have stated GG Infinite has good deals. It depends on what you're looking for, and what constitutes as a reasonable price. I'm also sure that others who order more frequently online will be able to offer better suggestions
My local hobby store have some gunpla, but its really weirdly priced, have seen overpriced and insanely good deals, but sadly their restock time and what they restock really varies so I only get things there if I'm lucky

So far my research showed that the best bets for me ar HLJ, GG Infinite, Gundam Store and More, and Hobbywave

Anyone have personal experience with these?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 00:20   Link #27350
FalsePrime

Quote:
My local hobby store have some gunpla, but its really weirdly priced, have seen overpriced and insanely good deals, but sadly their restock time and what they restock really varies so I only get things there if I'm lucky

So far my research showed that the best bets for me ar HLJ, GG Infinite, Gundam Store and More, and Hobbywave

I shop regularly at both GG Infinite and HLJ.

They both are good so I will list big things for me with each.

HLJ - Selection - Tons of stuff, both old and new.
Decent prices.
Quickness and they have items to you right after they come out. If getting something at release is a big deal for you then HLJ is the way to go.

GG - Located in america.
Decent Shipping prices for speedy delivery.
Carry Online-Hobby Shop Exclusives and some convention exclusives.

Thing is GG tends to be rather late getting inventory so you could be waiting up until a month after the item releases for it just to ship. Luckily given the quickness of ship and being located in america make this up for some.

For me however things like Nu Ver Ka I would never get at GG simply because I want it as close to launch as possible.

The big problem with HLJ is shipping can be a bit pricey but if you take advantage of the new order and save up and ship in bulk it will probably be less ugly when it's multiple kits instead of just the one. That and they don't carry exclusives from the Hobby Shop.

Most importantly though, they both are pretty good and I honestly haven't had a bad experince other then I just wish I had ordered my Wing Gundam Girl EW from HLJ because the wait was torture.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 00:45   Link #27351
bio9205
Reborn

So there's a 20% discount at the Gundam Expo here in Singapore. Haven't built a kit in 2 years due to the lack of time - I'm really tempted! I've got no time to build now, though, if I pick up a kit it'll have to wait for after my A levels in December.

Anyway, I can't decide between the HG Dark Hound or AGE-FX. I wish I could get both, but I'm saving up for the other awesome end-year kits, so it'll have to be one of the two. Anyone with either kit has any suggestions?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 00:48   Link #27352
helois

Quote:

Missing EX-S Gundam..
you/we really need a day formed by 48hours!
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 01:43   Link #27353
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Anyway, I can't decide between the HG Dark Hound or AGE-FX. I wish I could get both, but I'm saving up for the other awesome end-year kits, so it'll have to be one of the two. Anyone with either kit has any suggestions?
I don't have any of those kits (yet), but from my observation, I'd say get FX first. From what I see so far, it's a nicer kit compared to DarkHound. There's also FX's funnels' holder that you may not get even in the MG version (if FX is to be MGed at all).
Old 2012-08-31, 04:24   Link #27354
Sworra

Quote:

In North America there are two shops i deal with if it isn't a new release.. try out Hobbywave and Gundam Planet. There is a flat rate shipping cost for Hobbywave so its better to get alot of kits. Gundam Planet is good for single kits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
It's like Gundam Assault Survive 2.

Enough to last a year I think.
The bad thing is.. It takes about a year to do one sometimes.
Old 2012-08-31, 08:41   Link #27355
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I just got myself a Badger 150 Airbrush. My fellow IPMS member sold it to me. I think he said it was about 20 or so years old and it still works! My only problem is the air source. I can't afford for a compressor just yet so I was thinking of using a small oxygen tank with a regulator attached. Any thoughts?
Old 2012-08-31, 14:47   Link #27356
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Today I started on my MG Epyon. Got the legs and arms finished, the Heat rod is done and the sword. Now working on the shield, will do the backpack next. Should be done on sunday or monday. Will be posting pics, if someone is interested
Old 2012-08-31, 15:29   Link #27357
AaKkisa

Quote:

HLJ is always great for everything but I would watch out right now since the Yen is really strong against the dollar. You will wind up paying more then normal.

Hobbywave is great due to their flat rate shipping. Also decent prices and they usually ship within a day or so.

I love GSAM. I am from NY and I have imageanime right near me but I still go to GSAM since their really well priced and their is to tax. They may not have the newest stuff available right away but they are always great to deal with. (I broke the front of my gun for my MG freedom, I called and asked if they knew where I could get the spare parts, They shipped the three pieces I needed with my next order.)

With a PhD in Horribleness.
AaKkisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:04   Link #27358
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Today I started on my MG Epyon. Got the legs and arms finished, the Heat rod is done and the sword. Now working on the shield, will do the backpack next. Should be done on sunday or monday. Will be posting pics, if someone is interested
A pic for a pic If you post your finished product, I'll post my freshly completed MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G!
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 17:10   Link #27359
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
A pic for a pic If you post your finished product, I'll post my freshly completed MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G!
We have a Deal^^
Old 2012-08-31, 19:27   Link #27360
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don't have any of those kits (yet), but from my observation, I'd say get FX first. From what I see so far, it's a nicer kit compared to DarkHound. There's also FX's funnels' holder that you may not get even in the MG version (if FX is to be MGed at all).
Leaning toward the Dark Hound now actually, but you're right about the funnel holder. I'll wait a few days to decide!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy