Bsod

MB: gigabyte 965P-DS4
RAM: 4GB 4 sticks ddr2-800
Using win7 32bit

From the whoscrashed program
Quote:
On Fri 12/04/2013 14:39:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041213-21543-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x6EB61)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFE9CA2AC, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF9B48EACA, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 12/04/2013 14:39:10 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.sys (hal!KeReleaseQueuedSpinLock+0x2D)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFE9CA2AC, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF9B48EACA, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hal.sys .
Google query: hal.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

On Thu 11/04/2013 22:28:56 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041113-24133-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xBDD91)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9C0BDD91, 0xFFFFFFFFA0884B98, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 11/04/2013 12:09:49 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041113-21481-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9AEFDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9CE7CB98, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Mon 08/04/2013 17:58:09 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040813-27627-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9DEEDD91, 0xFFFFFFFF9D584B98, 0x0)

On Sun 07/04/2013 06:50:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040713-31543-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x71DA7)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9B7B1DA7, 0xFFFFFFFFA5977954, 0x0)

On Fri 05/04/2013 16:35:35 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040513-20872-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xBBF91)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF9B9CBF91, 0xFFFFFFFF9EB8CB98, 0x0)

Recently I keep getting BSOD like once a day or once every 2 days. Can happen anytime.

I don't install a lot of stuff. Recently I installed a new version of winamp and I have uninstalled it and still got BSOD so not this either. Other programs that suffer changes are FF, Aion and comodo. Like I said I barely install new stuff.

I have used memtest and nothing wrong. Cleaned the PC inside and remove the mem sticks and put back and still the same.

In other thread demonix suggested: "Also have you checked for any BIOS updates since that has been listed as a fix to the problem (also disabling and BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing have also been mentioned as a way to fix it). "
Well I don't see any those options in bios and besides MB is old and bios updates are long gone. I don't think it's this way to take.

Well I could format and installed all over again... except that I just found out that my dvd-rw drive is not reckonising my win7 DVD. It's awesome the hardware isn't it.

Anyone got any ideas about this situation?
Old 2013-04-12, 10:22   Link #2
Jaden

Well, if it's always the same error code, that can rule out a few things.

Spoiler for From microsoft:

So RAM, hard drives, CPU, GPU are the likely culprits - in that order from likely to unlikely - unless it's somehow caused by software. A format would certainly rule out software problems. Remember that you can always burn windows on a DVD or put it on a memory stick and install from there. All you need from your original installation media is the product key.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:19   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
You could install Win7 from a usb stick.
Does it happen on any specific moment?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 11:30   Link #4
Tiberium Wolf

I don't have a big usb stick :/

The BSOD seems to happen at random times.

Edit1:
I did a memtest with a version that run in windows. I wanted to try the one with boot and damn I can't make it boot from the usb stick at all.
I used: "Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7)". I used the format option. Supposedly this way the usb stick is ready right? I have 4 options in boot menu: usb-zip, usb-cdrom, usb-hdd and usb-ffd. None boots from the usb stick. I am lost here

Can we install windows from copied content to the HDD? I mean you copy all the stuff from the CD to the HDD and then run setup. At least I can do that buy using another pc to copy the stuff from the DVD disk and pass to my PC. I read somewhere in the net that we could install this way. Anyone had any experience on this?

Edit2:
Ok... My Gigabyte board doesn't like usb boot. Lost cause.
My DVD-RW seems to read even less dvds now... ok... this shit is dead.

Edit3:
I have spent 19€ on a new DVDRW drive that I will barely use... T_T
Seriously wicked hardware. My usb logitech keyboard works at the initial post. Then the screen where in choose where to boot the keyboard stops working so I couldn't press any button to boot from the DVD. Doh. I had to use a ps2 keyboard.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2013-04-13 at 05:58.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 06:40   Link #5
sa547
*Author

How old is the mobo (or for that matter, your entire PC)?
Old 2013-04-13, 08:05   Link #6
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
In other thread demonix suggested: "Also have you checked for any BIOS updates since that has been listed as a fix to the problem (also disabling and BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing have also been mentioned as a way to fix it). "
Well I don't see any those options in bios and besides MB is old and bios updates are long gone. I don't think it's this way to take.
I just googled your motherboard, and it's still listed along with all the downloads including all the BIOS updates (if your BIOS is version F12 then you don't need to update, but if it isn't then go get the update and see if it makes any difference).

However, since both the files you mentioned have also had page_fault_in_nonpaged_area blue screen crashes and all the others relate to memory access violations then there might be some hardware or software fault.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 09:41   Link #7
Tiberium Wolf

I never updated the bios since I didn't need to. the PC is from 2007. Old old old.

Anyway format and did a clean install. Now just need to wait.