AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 17:47   Link #61
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Hmm yeah, I guess Kakuzu didn't stop Naruto (why not? Naruto isn't that fast, and if Kakuzu has the time to turn around with all those tentacles of his, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to use them to stop Naruto).
I guess he read the scritp before the fight and knew the FRS (acronym ftw) wouldn't work. That's also why he could try to kill Naruto, he knew that as the main character Naruto was going to survive somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
So ... what do you think? Should I try tablet illustrations more often or keep to the paper & pencil versions ?
I vote tablet illustrations
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 17:47   Link #62
Trigah

I don't care what aaaaanyone says. This was a great chapter for me. Naruto has been so boring lately but this kept a smile on my face like 30 minutes after I read it. Best decision Kishi has made in a long time. Completely hilarious. Everyone was on the edge of their seat waiting for something amazing to happen (both readers and characters) and Naruto fizzled out! If anyone claims they expected that to go down like it did, I'd call them a liar.

I'm GLAD Kishi did it this way. It's also in Naruto's character to just get up and try again. Not sulk in depression or embarrassment because he failed.

All this means is that next chapter is gonna be crazy.

Remember Yamato said we still haven't seen how Naruto has changed. If seeing him plan ahead with the kage bushins was just a glimpse, I say we're in for a treat. ...In comparison to how Naruto usually is.
Trigah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 18:21   Link #63
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigah View Post
All this means is that next chapter is gonna be crazy.

Remember Yamato said we still haven't seen how Naruto has changed. If seeing him plan ahead with the kage bushins was just a glimpse, I say we're in for a treat. ...In comparison to how Naruto usually is.
Yep, which basically translates to this chapter didn't advance the plot at all, but instead made it so that kishi has more time to think of how to make the battle cool.

Or, in different terms, this was a manga "filler episode"
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 19:21   Link #64
Ero-Senn1n

Notice that Naruto had the kyuubi eyes, which means he had already boosted speed and power, something that Kakashi and Yamato were not able to do. Kakashi having the sharingan can see Kakuzu and his tentacles however the speed gap between them was too big for the sharingan to work ( as in the Lee vs Sasuke fight ), while Naruto had most probably achieved great speed and power with that. Remember the save Gaara part: Naruto had kyuubi eyes and others could not keep up with his traveling speed, also he got Deidara multiple times. I expect that the current Naruto with kyuubi-boost (when he has the eyes) is very strong in taijutsu, so that only people like Itachi, Sasuke, Gai can outperform him. In the bell test Kakashi was using his sharingan and Naruto was not using his kyuubi-boost, and he almost catched Kakashi with his bunshin tricks.

Team work would be good, but what did we see before Naruto and Yamato arrived: Kakashi had to protect Ino and Chouji with his strongest move. Kakashi's highly concentrated double chidori could barely keep up against one AOE jutsu of Kakuzu. If Kakuzu has a jutsu which concentrates all that power on a small place like Kakashi's chidori he would have already killed Kakashi and the other two. Also it's fun when Kakashi and Yamato talk about fighting Kakuzu or Orochimaru, if Naruto did not go kyuubi mode Orochimaru would have killed Yamato easily. The same as when Kakashi takes on Itachi as if he had a chance, but still these ninja are so confident that it's ridiculous sometimes. What i mean is that all the others can only be in the way, they are too weak.

But here is what i'm angry about Naruto's recent fights: why in the hell does he never use his summoning jutsu, did he forget it in the timeskip ?!
If he does not use it (at least try to summon a tadpole) it's a clear plot hole.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 19:33   Link #65
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
This is the most pathetic powered-up hero debut ever
That one belongs to Destiny Gundam, but yeah among manga I'd agree with you.
Old 2007-02-01, 20:09   Link #66
xPresagio

There are several elements that just irk me:

-In the previous chapter, Naruto took his time to analyze Kakuzu's way of fighting. And then just decided to do exactly the same (attacking with several KB from different sides) without being worried that perhaps an Akatsuki would be clever enough to actually expect that! Lucky him..

-The whole idea wasn't clever either. He actually did the same at the beginning of the manga, in the Bell's test. Sending a large amount of KBs is after all, his specialty (just ask Mizuki (?), Zabuza, Sasuke, Kimimaru and who knows else..

-Also, he somehow realized that the RazenShuriken was the best jutsu for the fight, even though Yamato later accept that well, he hasn't trained enough to use it without uncertainties. Of course, we know that it's just for the sake of showing his new abilities, but that collides with the image of being more "mature" that we got in the previous chapter. Odama Razengan should have been enough.

-Apparently, we are supposed to accept that Naruto is quite faster than before, and has an outstanding ability to conceal his presence from the enemy. Specially when you notice that Kakuzu (+ 2 other heads) didn't notice him until too late: You know, a person not only charging at full speed, but also handling a large and luminescent shuriken that also happen to emit some kind of sound (as seen in previous chapter). A couple of panels before, he expresses concern of such monstrous technique. How can Kakuzu not keep an eye on the one that can actually hurt him?

It's in moments like these, when you notice the enormous difference with important villains: Oro didn't have any problem to detect Naruto/Sai/Sakura at the bridge, when they were actually hidden behind bushes/rocks. It would have been much better if Kishimoto had introduced such ability, as something learned from Jiraya during those 2.5 years. But again, it seems that we have to accept is as it is.

-Kakashi could have gone for the kill, instead of chopping the tentacles. We already saw that Kakuzu gets defendless after each mortal hit. Good time to pull out the remaining hearts and even a couple of bitch slaps, just in case..

-Kakuzu was actually trying to collect Naruto's heart. Wouldn't that -kind of- affect his mission? Indeed the clever shinobi of the pair.

I love the ending phrase of the chapter: "The training (finally) shows off!". Well, if previous volumes are any indication, that prophecy will become true.. in 4-5 chapters.

Well, let's just not get carried away by negative thoughts..

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-02-01 at 20:38.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 20:36   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan View Post
Or, in different terms, this was a manga "filler episode"
True very true nicely put . The plot is at a standstill hopefully this battle will get over in 3,4 chapters .
Old 2007-02-01, 21:01   Link #68
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Pretty dissapointing chapter imo.
Hope next one gets better
Old 2007-02-01, 22:37   Link #69
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggen View Post
Pretty dissapointing chapter imo.
Hope next one gets better
-At this point nothing short of a bloody miracle will help Naruto. Let's review the situation: Naruto is alone, going up against an extremely powerful Akatsuki member with a half-assed jutsu that he has absolutely no control over. Yeah, but don't blame him, blame the man responsible who wants the boy to fail. Looks like he ran out of ideas and has decided to kill off the main character with no reincarnation in mind...
Old 2007-02-02, 00:08   Link #70
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Why Kishi must show Naruto fail his RasenShuriken? If he wants to drag the fight into 4 5 chapters, he could have Naruto fights Kakuzu for a while (show his growth in speed, tactics etc) and then decides to use RasenShuriken to finish him
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 01:14   Link #71
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
Hahahaha, Oh man I see allot of chapter bashing. I don’t know why though, because I actually thought this chapter was pretty good (in comedic terms). I pretty much laughed at everything that happened, especially the "Naruto look" he always gives heh.

None the less, I don’t see why everyone is all "Failed his new jutsu" "Kishimoto had Naruto fail his new jutsu" "Naruto stood up like a man, and got beat down like a bitch". Seriously guys come on, nothing happened literally. He didn’t fail his new jutsu, nor was he beat down like a bitch. It was a trial and error sort of deal, live and learn type of shit.

Firstly until now Naruto had been smashing that jutsu in to the ground as soon as he created it, there is no possible way he could have known that his jutsu slowly dissipates or even the possibility of it. I mean it was new to Yamato too, and he had been watching Naruto's training the whole time. Kakashi clearly states "So, his jutsu has a time limit" not "So, he couldn’t hold the jutsu" not "So, he screwed up".

None the less, why the Jutsu dissipates / evaporates (w/e word you want to use) who the hell knows. Could be not enough control / compaction / shape manipulation / chakra (don’t make me laugh hah chakra, control sounds like a plausible answer we can't really take the others in to consideration because he can already create the Rasengan which is a high form of shape manipulation and compaction). It could also be as simple as, because its wind chakra it acts like "the wind" and has the property of going outwards while spinning, that would explain the chakra blades, as the chakra slowly dissipates the ball in the middle gets smaller.

In any case, this is just "The Intro" the fight hasn’t even started yet, that was just I guess you can say "Naruto being Naruto" although Naruto has improved allot, and now thinks about things before he does them, even to the point of analyzing his opponents, then deciding on the best action to take, its pretty obvious that Kishimoto wants to remind us that, Naruto is STILL Naruto and not Sasuke.

In any case, this chapter was more of a introduction, and getting back to the "Silliness" that is "Naruto" (after all that seriousness), but now that Naruto knows that his jutsu has a time limit before it dissipates in to nothingness, things will become allot more interesting. I am also reminded of Yamato's words to Kakashi,

Yamato: Yes… You still haven’t seen it have you?
Yamato: The Naruto that’s different from before.

*Mortal Combat Voice* IT HAS BEGUN.

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-02-02 at 01:35.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 03:30   Link #72
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 View Post
Hahahaha, Oh man I see allot of chapter bashing. I don’t know why though, because I actually thought this chapter was pretty good (in comedic terms). I pretty much laughed at everything that happened, especially the "Naruto look" he always gives heh.

None the less, I don’t see why everyone is all "Failed his new jutsu" "Kishimoto had Naruto fail his new jutsu" "Naruto stood up like a man, and got beat down like a bitch". Seriously guys come on, nothing happened literally. He didn’t fail his new jutsu, nor was he beat down like a bitch. It was a trial and error sort of deal, live and learn type of shit.

Firstly until now Naruto had been smashing that jutsu in to the ground as soon as he created it, there is no possible way he could have known that his jutsu slowly dissipates or even the possibility of it. I mean it was new to Yamato too, and he had been watching Naruto's training the whole time. Kakashi clearly states "So, his jutsu has a time limit" not "So, he couldn’t hold the jutsu" not "So, he screwed up".

None the less, why the Jutsu dissipates / evaporates (w/e word you want to use) who the hell knows. Could be not enough control / compaction / shape manipulation / chakra (don’t make me laugh hah chakra, control sounds like a plausible answer we can't really take the others in to consideration because he can already create the Rasengan which is a high form of shape manipulation and compaction). It could also be as simple as, because its wind chakra it acts like "the wind" and has the property of going outwards while spinning, that would explain the chakra blades, as the chakra slowly dissipates the ball in the middle gets smaller.

In any case, this is just "The Intro" the fight hasn’t even started yet, that was just I guess you can say "Naruto being Naruto" although Naruto has improved allot, and now thinks about things before he does them, even to the point of analyzing his opponents, then deciding on the best action to take, its pretty obvious that Kishimoto wants to remind us that, Naruto is STILL Naruto and not Sasuke.

In any case, this chapter was more of a introduction, and getting back to the "Silliness" that is "Naruto" (after all that seriousness), but now that Naruto knows that his jutsu has a time limit before it dissipates in to nothingness, things will become allot more interesting. I am also reminded of Yamato's words to Kakashi,

Yamato: Yes… You still haven’t seen it have you?
Yamato: The Naruto that’s different from before.

*Mortal Combat Voice* IT HAS BEGUN.
You know what I think this chapter is? A filler. Kishimoto hasn't decided what exactly the new jutsu will do, so he made this up so he can think about it for week. There was no point in this chapter, maybe except we see Naruto use a wind chakra karate chop.
Old 2007-02-02, 03:48   Link #73
rpgkiller999

While I was disappointed at this chapter as well, I think it's necessary for naruto to fail his jutsu.

Now that Kakuzu is fully aware naruto's tactics and weakness of his jutsu, Naurto have to out smart him in order to put a death sentence on him. Like what Trigah said, I think what the author trying to emphasize is not naurto's new jutsu, but what Yamato said about the real change of naruto.

If we think it this way then next chapter will be very exciting. If you ask me, I rather to see new changes in Naruto than a hyped jutsu.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 04:26   Link #74
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
don't worry because his hyped jutsu looks like a 1-hit KO, so there is virtually no difference in end result between that and his oodama rasengan.

maybe what naruto gained from acquiring this new ultimate jutsu is similar to what ryoga (from ranma 1/2) gained while training to get his breaking point: instead of the extra toughness, endurance, and resilience ryoga benefitted from being hit multiple times with a huge boulder, naruto finally learnedhow to use superior combat tactics.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 06:33   Link #75
Apollian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Naruto did a clever trick on Kakuzu. On got caught by the strings, two more by the masks. Naruto himself had a clear opening to strike Kakuzu in his back. Fortunately enough for him, he turned around.
Too bad the jutsu didn't last long enough for him to kill Kakuzu.
This doesn't show idiocy from Naruto's part. That's something Yamato should have thought about before letting him go!

No, this was bad luck because they couldn't predict how long the Fuuton - Rasenshuriken stays fully loaded. I think it has a lot to do with the way it's made, amount of chakra and time. They didn't expect it to work out after 10 seconds or so. During training, they couldn't know, since it was always direct and instant hits.
as silly as it sounds, this fight it like a part of his trainning, Kakashi and Yamoto are there
just in case anything bad happens like the first time he tried it.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 07:35   Link #76
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
. I do agree though that Naruto should have done a little bit more damage but I am disappointed in Kakazu. How could someone who make Kakashi looked like a jackass fall for Naruto like that who did nothing as spectacular as the others in regards of setting up his move.
Yes, this is what I was talking about. I think it's perfectly ok that Naruto didn't succeed, but what ticks me off is that Kakuzu wasn't able to defend himself better. If you see four Narutos and one holds an extremely powerful weapon, then why turn your back on that one? For one who's been looking quite impressive the last few chapters, Kakuzu got downgraded quite a bit in this one.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:05   Link #77
Zek
Eyebrows...

Regarding Kakuzu's attempt to take Naruto's heart... Maybe he would have taken Kyuubi along with it, and could simply have handed it over to Akatsuki later?
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:13   Link #78
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Regarding Kakuzu's attempt to take Naruto's heart... Maybe he would have taken Kyuubi along with it, and could simply have handed it over to Akatsuki later?
If it is that easy Yondaime wouldn't have died just to extract a single demon and Akatsuki wouldn't have needed 9 people's strength/chakra to extract a single demon for 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
How could someone who make Kakashi looked like a jackass fall for Naruto like that who did nothing as spectacular as the others in regards of setting up his move.
Easy, either Kakuzu's attack earlier was exaggerated due to Kakashi's exhaustion, or the speed and strength of Naruto's attacking pattern is quite advanced despite its simplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Notice that Naruto had the kyuubi eyes, which means he had already boosted speed and power, something that Kakashi and Yamato were not able to do.
Yamato's tentacles were almost able to reach Kakuzu when Kakuzu was trying to escape, so I doubt Kakuzu is that fast.

And, we don't know how much Kyuubi's power Naruto is using despite the eyes. The current Naruto should be different than the highly emotional one in the Gaara rescue arc. It might be as high as you assumed or as low as Naruto desired.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-02-02 at 08:30.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:17   Link #79
Rahan

Maybe he could have given up one of his hearts and traded it with the stronger Naruto's heart, allowing him to stay alive for a later use.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 08:56   Link #80
Zerokule

everyone is paying so much attention to the artwork and situation. One thing I noticed that hasn't seemed to be noticed is that Sasuke still has Kakashi's seal around the seal that Oro gave him. Before when he and Naruto met that seal was not there!? Oro is definately able to remove the seal since it is just a hinderance, but now, the image of him shows Kakashi's seal and Naruto has never known about the whole ORO seal story. So any ideas?
Zerokule is offline   Reply With Quote