AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 10:09   Link #201
maximilianjenus
[E]

what's the source of this image, it kid of looks official but it's too fanservice-ish, imho.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:36   Link #202
GDB

Looks like Nyan-Type.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:41   Link #203
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
what's the source of this image, it kid of looks official but it's too fanservice-ish, imho.
I agree. It does look official and it's more fanservice-ish than what I'd like for official Madoka artwork in an actual magazine. I guess somebody decided to cave to the panty-obsessed Homura internet meme.
Old 2013-11-12, 13:09   Link #204
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Looks like Nyan-Type.
It is Nyantype.

So yeah, assuming this is official art, that would mean someone has been playing close attention to the fanbase.
Old 2013-11-12, 15:36   Link #205
woxx

panties are just photoshopped...
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 17:27   Link #206
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Really? If so, that's impressive photoshop work.
Old 2013-11-13, 03:34   Link #207
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
I should have known it was too good to be true...

So, what does the actual cover look like, then?
Old 2013-11-13, 03:37   Link #208
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I should have known it was too good to be true...

So, what does the actual cover look like, then?
Old 2014-04-16, 11:47   Link #209
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Been trying to find this info out for a while now, but when do the blu-rays of the movies come out? And is it only the 3rd movie that adds plot to the TV series?

Thanks!

edit:
The reason I ask is because I thought the blu-ray of the movie already came out in early April, but there has been no release of the movie as of yet? (at least not online?)
Old 2014-04-16, 12:20   Link #210
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Been trying to find this info out for a while now, but when do the blu-rays of the movies come out? And is it only the 3rd movie that adds plot to the TV series?

Thanks!

edit:
The reason I ask is because I thought the blu-ray of the movie already came out in early April, but there has been no release of the movie as of yet? (at least not online?)
The BluRays for the first two movies came out last year, the third movie came out on the 2nd of April in Japan and the 8th of April in the US. Mind you, both Japan and the US got the exact same disc.
Old 2014-04-16, 12:45   Link #211
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
The BluRays for the first two movies came out last year, the third movie came out on the 2nd of April in Japan and the 8th of April in the US. Mind you, both Japan and the US got the exact same disc.
Ahh didn't realize it was released in the US already, will take a look, thanks!
Old 2015-04-05, 13:15   Link #212
Fizix
Nitpicking

I've got a few questions before I check this show out. I've seen it praised quite a bit as being a clever deconstruction so I'm interested.

1. What's the level of fan service like? (My tolerance level is generally that it fast becomes irritating and if it goes inappropriate its a fast track for abandonment)

2. Does it have a conclusion or is it one of those "check the source material" type shows?

3. Does it have the type of tropes the less tolerant of us might find weird? (I know that's a bad question but I hope its clear what I mean).

4. Is the English dub good? (I am happy with subs but prefer dubbed if its of a decent standard)
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 13:31   Link #213
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
I've got a few questions before I check this show out. I've seen it praised quite a bit as being a clever deconstruction so I'm interested.

1. What's the level of fan service like? (My tolerance level is generally that it fast becomes irritating and if it goes inappropriate its a fast track for abandonment)

2. Does it have a conclusion or is it one of those "check the source material" type shows?

3. Does it have the type of tropes the less tolerant of us might find weird? (I know that's a bad question but I hope its clear what I mean).

4. Is the English dub good? (I am happy with subs but prefer dubbed if its of a decent standard)
1. Its standard Magical Girls fare of shiny naked transformations, nothing too much.

2. Its Anime-Original, so the series is conclusive. However, the movie unravel the ending to be open for some sort of continuation.

3. Nothing sick or weird things, just standard-fare Magical Girl Yuri overtones. As mentioned, there are shiny-naked girls scenes. Gore are not shown, rather rendered artistically.

4. Not Sure, as I watched it subbed. I've seen some short clips of dubbed ones, but not enough to judge the overall quality.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 13:45   Link #214
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
1. Its standard Magical Girls fare of shiny naked transformations, nothing too much.

2. Its Anime-Original, so the series is conclusive. However, the movie unravel the ending to be open for some sort of continuation.

3. Nothing sick or weird things, just standard-fare Magical Girl Yuri overtones. As mentioned, there are shiny-naked girls scenes. Gore are not shown, rather rendered artistically.

4. Not Sure, as I watched it subbed. I've seen some short clips of dubbed ones, but not enough to judge the overall quality.
Cheers, I'll check it out as I'll probably tolerate what there is if the rest of the show holds up. Glad it has a conclusion!

Its stuff like relentless panty shots, frequent crude fan service or inappropriate sexualisation that switches me off.
Old 2015-04-05, 14:08   Link #215
Triple_R
*Author

I'll answer these as well, since they're good questions for a lot of people out there in the wider world, including some anime fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post

1. For sexual content, Madoka Magica is very clean. No pantyshots whatsoever to the best of my recollection. Minimal sexualisation. The transformation scenes are sometimes long and elaborate, but even they are pretty tasteful considering what many magical girl transformation scenes are like.

2. The TV series has a clear and firm conclusion. The movies have an open-ended ending, but you don't need any extra-anime materials to understand it.

3. Nothing weirder than the classic SHAFT head-tilt. Those can be weird/creepy, but then they tend to show up in moments that are intended to be weird/creepy (i.e. they support the intended tone of the scene, rather than nastily conflicting with it).

4. Yes, I think so. The voice-work is pretty good all-around, with only slight problems (ex. Mami sounds old for her age in English but otherwise has a voice that nicely suits the character).
Old 2015-04-05, 16:09   Link #216
Fizix
Nitpicking

Thanks, appreciated.
Old 2015-04-05, 16:30   Link #217
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Don't forget to tell us your impression!
Old 2015-04-07, 07:31   Link #218
Fizix
Nitpicking

I've gotten to episode 5 so far, its quite surreal and strange in a way (visually). I did wonder in the first two eps when it would start going somewhere but it appears to start moving from so 3/4. It looks decent.

ETA: finished the 12 episode series, it was good, surprisingly so and I wouldn't say I noticed any fan service really.

Last edited by Fizix; 2015-04-08 at 03:23.
Old 2015-08-15, 23:11   Link #219
Chibiloli

Yeah, can anybody explain why Lord Humungus is in this picture?

Tags
q&a