AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-27, 05:15   Link #641
BuuHuu

oh, thanks for the update. and good to know that there´ll be a compatibility patch.
BuuHuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 06:56   Link #642
actawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Rose Guns Days Season 3 Translation Status: 60%

We are planning to include it in our upcoming Last Season compatibility patch. That said, we are not ready for any installer whatsoever, so it is possible it will require a little more time or we will simply release the manual patch beforehand.
I'm hyped. Very quick work, Witch-Hunt! Thanks for everything y'all do.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 03:30   Link #643
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As promised few weeks ago, we were working on a [RGD Last Season] compatibility patch.
Although we weren't able to make it for the chinese new year, I trust it won't be too bothersome to be a few days off...

Anyway, without much ado...

Here is the Compatibility Patch for RoseGunsDays Last Season, serving as the partial patch of Season 3.
This will cover Season 1, Season 2, and also 60% of Season 3. As a matter of convenience, only the manual patch is being released as of now.
Our apologies for the lack of any installer for now. Please follow the instructions in the zip file (for those who used the manual patch before for RGD or Umineko, that's same ol' method).

Bear in mind this release is aimed as a compatibility patch for Last Season. We cannot guarantee this will work with a Season 3 game. A S3 compatible patch will be released later, but most likely at the same time we will be done with the translation of Season 3. Our sincere apologies for this failure of our part.

You don't have your copy of RoseGunsDays Last Season? No problem! This time, we have arranged things for your convenience.
A digital retail copy can be purchased over here. The hosting is handled by Mangagamers and there isn't any DRM whatsoever.

As usual, should you notice glitches, issues, typoes and the likes, please let us know!
Old 2014-02-07, 10:44   Link #644
Ander

Thanks for your hard work, WH!
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 13:09   Link #645
InternHertz
.lone.....

Holy sh*t I didn't expect a patch this quick, and it even features a partial S3 translation.
Very good work, Sirs (and Madams perhaps?)
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 13:53   Link #646
Witch of Uncertainty

I haven't played this game. Could anyone give a brief synopsis and compare it to Higurashi/Umineko (The only other works by 07th I've read).
I'm kind of interested.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 00:05   Link #647
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I haven't played this game. Could anyone give a brief synopsis and compare it to Higurashi/Umineko (The only other works by 07th I've read).
I'm kind of interested.
Rose Guns Days takes place from 1947-1950 (there's a timeskip of one year in between each season) in a Japanese town known as 'City 23.' City 23 is a shady, cutthroat town that was brought to its knees by World War II, and whose dealings and affairs are largely controlled by its thriving criminal underworld. The main focus of the story is Rose Haibara, a very kind and purehearted girl who serves as the leader of this dance club known as 'Primavera.' Rose Guns Days is basically a chronicle of her efforts to clean up City 23, to transform the town from a sleazy pit of filth into a respectable and decent city where everyone can be safe and contented. The story in question is narrated from the vantage point of 2012 and 2013 by a woman who personally knew Madam Rose (the story is being told to a news reporter in order to leave behind a record of Madam Rose's legacy), so there's a fair bit of bouncing back and forth between the olden days of the 1940s and the 1950s, to the modern day early 2010s (kinda like how Umineko toggled between 1986 and 1998, except with the time difference of course being much vaster this time).

Rose Guns Days is very different from Umineko or Higurashi. There's zero supernatural elements to be found here as far as I'm aware, it's all completely realistic, grounded stuff. The characters are also all rough around the edges, due to the fact that this series is heavily steeped in the criminal underworld. Expect a lot of posturing and bravado (which I personally find annoying, but yeah). "We're manly men, bullets don't scare us!" "We're street rats, we grew up in da hood yo" The characters from Higurashi are a lot softer for the most part, whenever they're not infected by the Hinamizawa Syndrome anyway. There's also a heavier emphasis on action. Higurashi featured little in the way of fight scenes until the later portions of the series (though I think Rena vs. Keiichi might've kindled his love for such scenes given that they're so much more prominent in Umineko), and each individual episode of Umineko usually didn't crank up the action until the latter half. With RDG, you can't expect to go longer than 30-40 minutes or so without the characters getting into a brief brawl, completely with a quirky little fighting mini-game. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing depends on your tastes of course.

But really, the most important thing is the fact that Ryukishi wrote this. The guy never puts out anything but gold. Rose Guns Days is a nice story and I would certainly recommend it. I'd recommend Higanbana as well if you enjoyed the 'When They Cry' entries (Higanbana being much closer to WTC than RDG).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 17:11   Link #648
Witch of Uncertainty

Thanks. I think I'll give it a go.
I'll probably pick up Higanbana too..
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 20:57   Link #649
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Thanks. I think I'll give it a go.
I'll probably pick up Higanbana too..
I'd recommend reading Higanbana first, actually. It's definitely more like Higurashi/Umineko, for one thing.

Last edited by einhorn303; 2014-02-13 at 23:18.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 07:13   Link #650
moichispa
Endless witch

Thank you guys for keeping on translating this wonderful game
Old 2014-02-21, 11:35   Link #651
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Thanks so much for this patch WH!!! I couldn't wait for some more RGD!

So far Season 3 is even better than Season 2, it is kinda reminiscent of good old Higurashi when it was at its peak!
Btw, up to which chapter does the partial patch cover? I almost don't want it to end...

P.S: I am using the patch on a Season 3 game, and it works perfectly with it so far, so I guess no problems there.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 18:04   Link #652
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

If anyone's curious, thanks to DarkSoul, I got the text for the narration of Rose Guns Days's Season 1 opening theme. So I'll put the full lyrics in the spoiler box below, or you can view it in HTML format here.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-18, 16:06   Link #653
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Sorry for the thread bump
Just recently I got my hands on a copy and got to read season 4
And it was good. Hope WH translates it fast so you guys can enjoy.

The conclusion is really unexpected and good.
There are a few things that are left not completely wrapped up, but they are very minor imo. And it seems there are a bunch of mangas for this series, so they'll probably wrap it up 100% there.

I just wish they included an image/tachi-e of the 'RGD-version Ange'
Old 2014-03-30, 01:40   Link #654
motoko-li

I'm really distressed. I been having problems with the partial patch. I hope it is because it's the partial.
I followed all the steps. I bought the japanese game, the last one. I set my pc in japanese region and all, and I installed it, and everything was okay. I tried to install it either in program files (x86) and program files.
Problem is, the japanese launcher works smoothly. But when I extract the folder of the patch in the main folder and try to run it I can't see or hear anything. The only thing I can see is the witch hunt logo, but then everything goes black and I can't hear anything. With the RGD2 that I have installed I have no problem and it's set in exactly in the same way for what I noticed. But for some reason the patch doesn't work for me in this one. I'm using windows 8 btw.

What I Can do? I'm really at lost here.
motoko-li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 16:23   Link #655
Relunx

Any news about the Season 3 patch about when it will become 100%? (from 60%)
Relunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 18:16   Link #656
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoko-li View Post
I'm really distressed. I been having problems with the partial patch. I hope it is because it's the partial.
I followed all the steps. I bought the japanese game, the last one. I set my pc in japanese region and all, and I installed it, and everything was okay. I tried to install it either in program files (x86) and program files.
Problem is, the japanese launcher works smoothly. But when I extract the folder of the patch in the main folder and try to run it I can't see or hear anything. The only thing I can see is the witch hunt logo, but then everything goes black and I can't hear anything. With the RGD2 that I have installed I have no problem and it's set in exactly in the same way for what I noticed. But for some reason the patch doesn't work for me in this one. I'm using windows 8 btw.

What I Can do? I'm really at lost here.
Please ensure that you are extracting out the patch folder itself and not just the files within the folder. Do not overwrite the files created by the Japanese installer. Instead, copy the entire patch folder into the game folder and run the executable within the patch folder.

Please also ensure that the correct files are in the game folder (arc.nsa, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relunx View Post
Any news about the Season 3 patch about when it will become 100%? (from 60%)
I can't speak for the Witch Hunt, but with projects like this, it'll be done when it's done. You're unlikely to get an exact answer from any translation group to that question.
Old 2014-05-17, 12:32   Link #657
Lyendith

Finally found a forum to talk about RGD, haha.

I finished the whole series as well as the current WH patch − which helped me a lot to understand exactly what was going on for the 1948 climax. It's… a bit different from what I had understood the first time around. Way to present as an almost positive conclusion what is actually a pretty harsh downer ending for this period. Reading it English also kind of made me like Zel more for some reason. Because now that I understand all the details, I found her less "sue-ish" I guess? Other than that Rose has become quite an awesome character. And Wang is an awesome character from start to finish.

About 1949 and 1950, I absolutely loved both of them. I really have a feeling Ryūkishi felt more and more confortable with this universe as he wrote the story. Season 1 was often awkward, with a twitchy pacing, annoying patterns, muscis that weren't always well used, a whiny Rose and way too many unnecessary fight scenes. To the point I actually find the manga version better for this Season.

The last scene of 1949 just before Brand New Way plays is a whole other world compared to that: it was just… brilliant, intense, beautiful, anything you want. Even the mini-game served the narration in this scene. Same for the 1950 climax, with one scene in particular that felt really cinematic and dramatic.

Now about the 2013 part I'm a bit more… eh? ò.Ô I don't know, the final reveal is cool and all, but regarding the political themes and messages of the series, it felt like they din't really have any conclusion. So I'm a bit frustrated. Because of that, even though I loved the Last Season, I still slightly prefer Season 3, which explored these more in depth (and because LS has no negotiation scenes =( ).

Speaking about frustration, have other people here finished the whole thing?

Spoiler for end 1950:

Is there some kind some secret epilogue you unlock by doing something or does 1950 really just end like that?

Spoiler for Score LS:

Last edited by Lyendith; 2014-05-18 at 13:48.
Lyendith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 08:03   Link #658
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been a long while, indeed. Our apologies for such lack of updates, we were pretty busy.

The translation status didn't progress at all, hence still at 60%. "At least" we are still alive (better that then playing dead for people waiting for an update).
Chronotrig is basically putting everything on halt due to work obligations (much more numerous than before), so we have no ETA.
-IF- we conclude we cannot carry out the translation project anymore, we will inform people in due time so that other group(s) can take over the project. As of now, we aren't considering this option.

I hope this will clear people's doubts and worries. There isn't any translation burnout or "not as hyped as it was for Umineko" issues. If we had Umineko translation on the same period, it would have met the exact same problem.
Old 2014-07-03, 16:04   Link #659
moichispa
Endless witch

Thank you for the news.

If you can't works faster it can't be helped. The fact you are still doing this is awesome.

Back then on Umineko days I was really waiting impatiently for every single one release since it was the only VN I played back then. But now 07 expansion works have more competence in my catalogue. Also I can't play them in release date most times because I'm also busy frequently.

Keep on going guys. You're doing something wonderful for the community.
Old 2014-07-05, 09:53   Link #660
Lyendith

Hum… is there anything we can do to help…?
Lyendith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel