AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2006-03-09, 03:50   Link #821
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
She is an orphan who was adopted by Alastor and Wilhelmina. This was discussed at some length a few pages ago during the flashback arc.
To add on, Shana's parents died in a car(?) accident but she survived, I think.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 17:51   Link #822
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
So Shana isn't very old then? I just assumed that she had existed as a flame haze for quite a while. If they had cars during her normal life, then it must have been relatively recently.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 22:30   Link #823
Eclipze

Cant be sure about that, since I dont remember them stating how long Shana has been a flame haze (after leaving the floating home). Otherwise, yes, Shana is pretty young.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 17:00   Link #824
SquaDus
IY4Ever Fansubs Founder

Well, just posting some thoughts...
Remember the "Silver one" Margery hunts...
It will be really odd if the series ends up without giving us more about this odd Tomogara... (unless they're planing on seasons 2 called "Shakugan no SHANA FULL HOUSE" with Shana, Yoshida, Hecate and Wilhelmina living in Yuuji's bedroom... )

Wondering also if Yuuji's father (mentioned in the series only in episode 1) will ever come back in the anime...
Many many questions unanswered... it just can't end like this O_o
SquaDus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 18:31   Link #825
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
I'm almost positive the Silver Tomogara issue will be resolved. In fact, I bet he'll be the final boss.

Yuuji's father is irrelevant. In A LOT(a whole lot) of anime series, parents are mysteriously away for the entire show... or dead. This is basically a convinient way of not having to deal with fleshing out another character, as well as completely avoiding the issues of "what would your parents say if they saw you doing...". It's essentially a copout imo, and it happens in many anime that focus on adolescents in their home town. When parents are dead, it might have some bearing on the story, but when they are on business trips, visiting family, etc, it serves no purpose other than to put the focus on other characters(like Yuuji's mother for example).
Old 2006-03-10, 19:26   Link #826
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Spoiler:

Fine but I do not see why. Were discussing Shakugan No shana episodes and such, there's going to be spoilers whether you like it or not.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2006-03-10 at 20:13.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 19:26   Link #827
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Spoiler Tags Please. >,<
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 19:42   Link #828
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

No! Please no.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 20:15   Link #829
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Spoiler:

Fine but I do not see why. Were discussing Shakugan No shana episodes and such, there's going to be spoilers whether you like it or not.
Exactly.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-10, 20:29   Link #830
blitz1/2

Don't bash Yuji. If I was him, I would wonder the same thing.
Old 2006-03-10, 20:54   Link #831
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I have to agree with blitz there. Just because he's clueless doesn't mean he should be bashed or criticised in any way, since there is a reason as to why he would not know about Shana's feelings.
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 20:56   Link #832
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Spoiler:
He's just confused, because Shana acted cold towards him only a while ago when they're with Wilhelmina, and then he hit another wall when his decision to leave town was "rejected" by Shana.

It's always easy to blame the guy as an observer when you know what the girl is feeling, but for Yuuji, all he has to go by are Shana's erratic words and actions. If Shana can't even be honest with herself, then it's even harder for Yuuji to understand what her true feelings are. Yuuji's not a total airhead, when he was talking to Kazumi on the pedestraian bridge in episode 21, we can see that he actually gave serious thoughts and considerations about someone's feelings towards him. "Guesswork", on the other hand, isn't something that Yuuji (or guys in general, really) is skilled with.

Still, he should figure it out soon enough, once he puts all those "memory pieces" together.

Until then, let's hope the Yuuji + Hecate combo can treat us to more psuedo-erotic lines in the next episode.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 21:19   Link #833
blitz1/2

The HecateXYuji scenes were just weird. I am guessing this is the beginning of Hecate liking Yuji.
Old 2006-03-10, 21:22   Link #834
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I thought it was more of the Mistes inside him she was after...O_o All that talk about the 'Sakai Yuji's harem' is fun and all, but it doesn't seem entirely plausible for her to just like him like that. XD
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 21:28   Link #835
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...i agree with you guys too...its only because we know shana's feelings that it makes yuji look clueless when really hes acting "whatever" if anything his behaviour and action in the series is quite commendable compared to other male leads...
...as for shana feelings...all the blushing and all the sparkle sparkles in the eyes and other crap...i believe only we can see that...yuji and the others i dont believe they can...
...because in our world...i dont normally see a person blushing and going *sparkle sparkle* ...a person going red is possible but not always noticable...and even when a person is acting wierd and shy...its still a mystery as to what they're thinking... (unless you're like Kotori from DC)
...yuji is just acting what people would act...asking questions then when its time find the answers...

...in concern of a SnS Harem...make it as a bonus ep like that shana-tan ep...or better SnS Harem-tan starring melon bread!!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 21:41   Link #836
blitz1/2

Has anyone wondered why Yuji didn't resist Hecate "probing his mind"?
Old 2006-03-10, 21:47   Link #837
Bahamut

...well probably because he didnt know where, who, what he was...something about that blue place made him like lost so he probably didnt even care about the probing...lol probing...

...besides who can say no to Hecate being all pure and shit...

...lol pure...probing...their little cyber-sex...
Old 2006-03-10, 22:04   Link #838
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Yuuji's mind is going to be the gateway to Hecate discovering love. She already commented on how remarkable and powerful his emotions felt. It's only a matter of time before she senses and understands his feelings of love, and in that way she will become "stained" like the the Metamorphisis guy was worried about.

Then of course she's going to turn on the Balle Masque and go live with Yuuji.
Old 2006-03-10, 22:10   Link #839
blitz1/2

I don't think they (Bel-Peol and Sydonay) will get a chance of knowing, Shana might kill them both. As for Hecate, I think she might protect Yuji somehow in the end.
Old 2006-03-10, 22:25   Link #840
Bahamut

...thats an interesting thought...its plausable...dont know how they'll do it though...

...hmm...Hecate living with Yuuji...
*shrug*
...why not? ...i like Yuji's character...he deserve more girls with issues haha...im sure Chigusa wouldnt mind either...if anything she probably supports it...
...although Shana would probably be all "slash first ask question later"

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere