Dazzling the Stage!

Send a message via MSN to TeaAnyOne
Some new P&S figures (Coming soon)

TeaAnyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 11:57   Link #1882
TeaAnyOne
Dazzling the Stage!

Metamorphose Edition Panty figure is available for Pre-order!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods...Y=NEOGDS-47365

Old 2011-08-24, 10:26   Link #1883
klare

completed! cant help but wow at the very ending...

even tho the show is offensive sometimes, it is still very entertaining and proves to be one of the more unique and original ones

overall 7/10 for me, hope to see more
Old 2011-08-25, 06:05   Link #1884
YuriEcchiGirl

I really must start watching this series soon as I can't believe I haven't done so yet, it's so up my street!
Old 2011-10-20, 02:55   Link #1885
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Just by looking at the name of this anime alone, I knew I wasn't in for anything legitimately good. All I wanted was something to watch purely for the shits and giggles; a guilty pleasure, if you would.

Unfortunately, I got plenty of shit and no giggles. I wasn't expecting in-depth characters, but considering Garterbelt was relatively substantial, I had to wonder why they didn't focus on characterizing the cast members this show actually focused on; they're supposed to be our source of laughs, so they better have a bit of things to play off of. Unfortunately, the only notable facet of both of them is their behavior of having sex and eating candy, and it's not even varied. Panty's desire for sex leads to nothing but more sex, and Stocking's desire to eat candy leads to nothing but eating more candy. That's it. No variation, and nothing else to them either.

But sure, even if the characters are complete crap (sometimes literally), at least the scenarios themselves could be funny, right?

Unfortunately, this anime still misses the mark on that. The biggest problem with Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is its fascination with the humor it attempts to convey to a fault. All too often it's absolutely absurd to the point where it's impossible to find any relatable context. Ironically, it's so concerned with being outrageous that it actually ends up becoming predictable; IE, the danger of desensitization. When I actually knew that Brief's lower extremities were going to be like that before the scene even occurred, for example, it just shows how mundane the inanity becomes through overexposure.

At any rate, this is hardly the first show to portray this sort of comedy, and quite far from the best. It certainly has a lot of style, but it's almost funny how badly other works have managed to beat it at its own game. And that, perhaps, is the greatest joke Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt has ever produced.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 05:10   Link #1886
TeaAnyOne
Dazzling the Stage!

Old 2012-04-28, 22:57   Link #1887
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Thought I'd put this up here, but looks like Funimation is finally releasing the dub on DVD.

Old 2012-04-29, 01:17   Link #1888
immblueversion

So, here's how the cast list looks so far, according to this neat little article:

Jamie Marchi as Panty
Monica Rial as Stocking
Christopher R. Sabat as Garterbelt
Joel McDonald as Brief
Ian Sinclair as Chuck
Colleen Clinkenbeard as Scanty
Cherami Leigh as Kneesocks
Chris Ayres as Corset
Christopher Bevins as Fastener

My only real gripe with this cast is that neither Todd Haberkorn nor Greg Ayres, my foremost fantasy cast members, are playing Brief. Either one of those two would have been awesome. But I'll still be eagerly waiting to hear him.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 08:43   Link #1889
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well i say one thing to mind this will so Rrrrrrrules indeed.

yea looking cast list indeed

marchi - oh my yea so going so much fun to hear as panty
rial - stocking ok hmm got wonder it goes.
sabat - of course most of us knew it so garterbelt yea GOD MY OH

joel - hmm well did Jacuzzi so type cast
rami & clink - as demon sisters yea going to be interesting yea hearing the "rules" on them

overall with rest, series, mini ova shorts, outtakes, etc oh YES YES YES going to the whole (bleepin) show to watch just got hear dub in it
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 10:37   Link #1890
immblueversion

And if anyone's afraid they're gonna censor it or hold back on the language, don't be. According to people who managed to get a first look at the full dubbed episodes at Anime Central, Funimation's going all out this time around.

Old 2012-04-30, 10:50   Link #1891
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I love Sabat as Garterbelt and I'm okay with Rial as Stocking. Marchi sounded meh as Panty in that trailer, but I guess we'll see. Neither she or Rial sounded as... "expressive" as I would've liked/was expecting. They both sounded like they were tired/bored or something.
Old 2012-04-30, 16:09   Link #1892
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I love Sabat as Garterbelt and I'm okay with Rial as Stocking. Marchi sounded meh as Panty in that trailer, but I guess we'll see. Neither she or Rial sounded as... "expressive" as I would've liked/was expecting. They both sounded like they were tired/bored or something.
Two things to keep in mind:

1. The dialogue in the trailer is most likely from a scene explaining the show's concept in one of the earlier episodes (with Panty and Stocking being bored at Garterbelt's lecture);

2. Remember that Funimation's going all out on the dub, with the "less expressive" dialouge-filled dub being used due to the more exciting moments being too raunchy for the trailer.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:20   Link #1893
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm. Would the seemingly random english swearing in the original be kept, or replaced with random swearing from another language? To be silly I mean.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:57   Link #1894
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Two things to keep in mind:

1. The dialogue in the trailer is most likely from a scene explaining the show's concept in one of the earlier episodes (with Panty and Stocking being bored at Garterbelt's lecture);
I rewatched the first episode, and I can definitely see where that dialogue would come in. Yes, it is in that scene, and yes, they are most definitely supposed to be bored. Now we must wait to hear for when they won't be bored. Allow me to (roughly) substitute most of the most likely dialogue from the dialogue in question from the Crunchyroll subs, in the order they're said in the dub trailer (note that there are two lines said by Garter I wouldn't know where they could be in the sub):

Quote:
Garterbelt: There lies a city on the faultline between Heaven and Hell, Daten City.

Panty: You gotta love morning wood.

Stocking: You really have no standards, do you? I'm more interested in sugar.

Panty: How about protein?

Garterbelt: How would I know?! Listen to me! If you obscene angels don't want to be dropped, your only choice is to collect Heaven Coins by defeating those accursed Ghosts on the surface!

Stocking: We know.

Panty: F**k it, let's roll.
On another note, I took a look at Funimation's schedule for future releases (second page), and apparently there will be three versions of the dub to be uploaded by Funimation for Elite Subscribers to watch: a normal version, an HD version, and an "uncut" HD version. Meaning there will be a "not uncut" version to go with an "uncut" version. How do you think that one will go down? Will it be ordinary bleep censorship, or a redub with less "edgy" language, like DBZ Kai? Because either way, we're still getting an uber-swearfest.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-05-07 at 19:09.
Old 2012-05-08, 15:48   Link #1895
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
On another note, I took a look at Funimation's schedule for future releases (second page), and apparently there will be three versions of the dub to be uploaded by Funimation for Elite Subscribers to watch: a normal version, an HD version, and an "uncut" HD version. Meaning there will be a "not uncut" version to go with an "uncut" version. How do you think that one will go down? Will it be ordinary bleep censorship, or a redub with less "edgy" language, like DBZ Kai? Because either way, we're still getting an uber-swearfest.
My take on this is that the "not uncut" version will be the version that aired on Japanese TV, while the "uncut" version is the one was released on DVD, as there's certain acts that can't be aired on Japanese TV without censoring (i.e. visible nipples).

Of course, with the word of an "not uncut" version of Panty and Stocking coming out, it does lead to me wondering if this is indeed one of the three new titles coming to Adult Swim at the end of the month.
Old 2012-05-17, 22:42   Link #1896
immblueversion

Hey guys. This.

Spoiler:

Old 2012-05-19, 21:31   Link #1897
gsilver

What I'm planning on doing, is buying the DVDs to show my support for the show, wait for fansubbers to splice the R2 HD video and the R1 dub, and watch that. The whole "No R1 Blu-Ray" thing is stupid, IMO.
Old 2012-05-29, 16:27   Link #1898
immblueversion

So.

The first two episodes of the dub are now available for free on the Funimation website.

Watch them. Give your thoughts.

Old 2012-06-07, 13:12   Link #1899
immblueversion

No one? Fine, here's a clip (which is censored, unlike the dub itself):

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-06-07 at 15:41.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:43   Link #1900
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I watched the first two episodes of the dub on Hulu. I haven't watched the original Japanese version, but it was funny to me.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gainax, seinen