AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-01-03, 19:10   Link #161
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Also, can't you make it even a little easier for me to guess?
Don't blame me it was christinemarie's choice.

It isn't really the most popular of series; I honestly don't know how it got a sequel. I think I even had to do the fansub timing for the first season way back (maybe that is why I dislike the series so much).

Last edited by iPonbiki; 2011-01-03 at 19:29. Reason: Confusing this with another series...
iPonbiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 21:02   Link #162
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I couldn't stand the 2002 version because of the horrible artwork. Kanon 2006 is an excellent series and I recommend you watch it one of these days.
2002 version's character drawing is the one that's loyal to the original game design, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPonbiki View Post
Don't blame me it was christinemarie's choice.

It isn't really the most popular of series; I honestly don't know how it got a sequel. I think I even had to do the fansub timing for the first season way back (maybe that is why I dislike the series so much).
Eh, I wouldn't say that. If it's not popular enough... or, putting it another way, if people hasn't been so willing to keep dumping money onto the series' products, it wouldn't be the legendary money-milker that is still milking money up to this day.

I believe I should have given away a big hint here?
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 22:22   Link #163
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say that. If it's not popular enough... or, putting it another way, if people hasn't been so willing to keep dumping money onto the series' products, it wouldn't be the legendary money-milker that is still milking money up to this day.

I believe I should have given away a big hint here?
I was thinking of W Wish, another dating sim game adaption (hint hint) when I made those comments; I confused the two for some reason. I know I watched this anime also, but I guess it didn't really leave much of an impression on me. I did like the music though, I use to play some of it on my piano way back; maybe a future hint will be one of those pieces.

On a positive note I exchanged my audio interface for another one today and fixed the annoying problem I was having.
I swear I have been on the receiving side of so much defective audio hardware recently.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:03   Link #164
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
I was thinking of W Wish, another dating sim game adaption (hint hint) when I made those comments; I confused the two for some reason. I know I watched this anime also, but I guess it didn't really leave much of an impression on me. I did like the music though, I use to play some of it on my piano way back; maybe a future hint will be one of those pieces.
How could it not leaving much of an impression on you when it produced 2 of the most adored girls in the galge world? I have to admit that I fell for one of them too for a while until Feena came along, who then remained as the girl for me up till now.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:20   Link #165
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
How could it not leaving much of an impression on you when it produced 2 of the most adored girls in the galge world? I have to admit that I fell for one of them too for a while until Feena came along, who then remained as the girl for me up till now.
Was the Yoake Mae anime any good? That was one I tried to pick up a while ago but I ended up putting it on hold and kind of forgot about it. It had some pretty music, and quite awful animation from clips I've seen. The dvd releases seemed to fix a lot of that though.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:40   Link #166
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Was the Yoake Mae anime any good? That was one I tried to pick up a while ago but I ended up putting it on hold and kind of forgot about it. It had some pretty music, and quite awful animation from clips I've seen. The dvd releases seemed to fix a lot of that though.
The animation quality was bad, yeah, but I didn't find it unbearable. Story-wise it was okay until the ending part. Game was much, much better, of course, but if you can't play the game, then you should at least finish the anime. One noticable thing about anime was that Feena's voice in anime was even more gentler than the game's (same seiyuu). Another noteworthy thing is, I introduced the series to an online friend and he fell for Feena so badly that he made her his wife, without even ever touching the game. That shows how charming Feena is.
Old 2011-01-04, 18:11   Link #167
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Guess That Anime Melody #013
Next hint will be posted on Wednesday (Jan 5) @ 5:00pm (GMT-6)

Here is more of the melody...

Spoiler for Hint #2:
Old 2011-01-05, 18:35   Link #168
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Next hint will be posted on Thursday (Jan 6) @ 5:00pm (GMT-6)

Here is the chorus, though if you haven't recognized it by now this probably won't help any.

Spoiler for Hint #3:
Old 2011-01-05, 19:29   Link #169
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ahh! I heard it before, but it just doesn't come up in my head I originally thought it was from .hack but then again, I just can't remember...
Old 2011-01-05, 20:29   Link #170
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

It's a big series and a famous singer, just that song is far from well-known.
Old 2011-01-05, 20:40   Link #171
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Ahh! I heard it before, but it just doesn't come up in my head I originally thought it was from .hack but then again, I just can't remember...
There are a lot of hints in mine and guuchan's conversation that should all but give this melody away.

I'm thinking I'm going to change the format a bit though and make it a bit easier for future melodies. Hints will be reduced to only three also.

New format for future melodies...
  • Hint #1 - Verse(s) and Chorus sung with solfege (do re mi...) syllables.
  • Hint #2 - Verse(s) and Chorus sung with lyrics
  • Hint #3 - Hint #2 with a backing track

This will help those of you who like to sing to better your ear training and singing skills as well as help to avoid wasting time dragging out melodies that no one knows.

I will try to avoid transposing future melodies as well (like I did this one) as it makes it too difficult to guess it seems.
Old 2011-01-05, 21:27   Link #172
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yep, still clueless I think my brain blew a fuse.
Old 2011-01-06, 03:37   Link #173
christinemarie
Crazy One

The singer is a female, so don't let the male voice confuse you. I don't know why male voice was used on this good melody. Additional hint: It's an ending song theme, and wrap up the series as well (Didn't think a new season with new characters would happen), with a new female protagonist, this is where my favorite part of scene happened as well (My favorite character during 2005 helped the male protagonist while he's alone and waiting) until there is an alternate 2 episode ending made specially for her, where the coughing petals died instead of living.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 18:08   Link #174
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Solution will be posted on Friday (Jan 7) @ 5:00pm (GMT-6)

Looks like no one is going to be able to guess this one. I will post the solution tomorrow if no one guesses it by then.

Spoiler for Hint #4:
Old 2011-01-06, 18:25   Link #175
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah... I'm really slow this week to find out what this Anime Melody is Sorry for my slowness, just can't find it even though the hints might make is simple enough.
Old 2011-01-06, 19:03   Link #176
janfive

I guess I'll have to step in...

D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~ (TV) [2005]
Ending Theme: "Akatsuki ni Saku Uta (The Song Blooming Towards Dawn)" by CooRie (eps 1-23,26)

Spoiler for video:

Last edited by janfive; 2011-01-06 at 19:16.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 19:10   Link #177
iPonbiki
troglodyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by janfive View Post
I guess I'll have to step in...

D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~ (TV) [2005]
Ending Theme: "Akatsuki ni Saku Uta (The Song Blooming Towards Dawn)" by CooRie (eps 1-23,26)
Yeah, that is it! It seems that right when I'm about to give up on someone guessing a melody someone always goes and guesses it.

Go ahead and PM me a suggestion for the next melody janfive.

...and please wrap your YouTube video in spoiler tags if you could.
Old 2011-01-06, 19:22   Link #178
janfive

Spoiler tag done. My bad...
I knew the song since the chorus hint (though I haven't seen the anime) but waited until the 4th hint to give others a chance. Don't worry I'll try to be that someone who guesses at the last minute. Also, since I guessed particularly hard songs I'll make sure my suggestions don't make anybody's brain fuse blow up.
janfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:21   Link #179
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by janfive View Post
Spoiler tag done. My bad...
I knew the song since the chorus hint (though I haven't seen the anime) but waited until the 4th hint to give others a chance. Don't worry I'll try to be that someone who guesses at the last minute. Also, since I guessed particularly hard songs I'll make sure my suggestions don't make anybody's brain fuse blow up.
Arigatou janfive.... I was about to lose my mind wondering what this was
Old 2011-01-06, 21:24   Link #180
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Congratulations, janfive.

Hence the girls I mentioned, Nemu and Kotori. I don't think anyone would disagree that they are 2 of the most adored girls in the galge world?