AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-31, 10:58   Link #321
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well no, that isn't cheating. Summoning an extra-dimensional god, using your girlfriend as a power battery, summoning your girlfriend as a power battery (I feel kind of sorry for Rias), that stuff would normally be covered under cheating.
the god summoning is just Issei's power of attraction not cheating since everyone knows it's one of his most valuable gifts.

about Rias being a battery that's the power of LOVE brother.
Rias just hates the switch princess nickname she's fine with helping Issei.
sure she's embarrassed but she knows if she had refused (which she would never do) some situations might have gone very different and i mean that in a bad way.

either of these would normally be considered cheating yes.
but it's not because these are just skills Issei has which everyone knows of so i don't consider them cheating.

it's the same thing as saying Issei's boost and Vali's divide/absorb is cheating because normally these things would also be considered cheating.
but it's not because it's just one of their powers/skills so i totally disagree with you Xfire.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:08   Link #322
Valenash
Desu~

I don't know if someone already posted this, but I'll leave it there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A1li
I suppose Ishibumi wanted Vali to be Odin's son from the beginning.
Valenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 11:19   Link #323
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Well no, that isn't cheating. Summoning an extra-dimensional god, using your girlfriend as a power battery, summoning your girlfriend as a power battery (I feel kind of sorry for Rias), that stuff would normally be covered under cheating.
Summoning Chichigami - He attracts powerful beings more than any other Sekiryuutei. That's not cheating. If it was, you might as well say that Ise running into Great Red was cheating as well.

Rias - Well, I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheating, it's just the power of Rias and Ise's love. There's a phrase that says love conquers all, isn't there?

Aside from that, those scenarios were definitely for the sake of comedy, and Ise's randomness is more ingenuity than cheating.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:24   Link #324
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
Summoning Chichigami - He attracts powerful beings more than any other Sekiryuutei. That's not cheating. If it was, you might as well say that Ise running into Great Red was cheating as well.

Rias - Well, I wouldn't necessarily say it's cheating, it's just the power of Rias and Ise's love. There's a phrase that says love conquers all, isn't there?

Aside from that, those scenarios were definitely for the sake of comedy, and Ise's randomness is more ingenuity than cheating.
Him running into GR was definitely cheating.

Incidentally, when I say cheating I mean it as a good thing people. All I'm saying is that Ise never has a straight up fair fight against major enemies. Sairong may be the only exception, and that fight nearly killed them both.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:33   Link #325
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:

Incidentally, when I say cheating I mean it as a good thing people. All I'm saying is that Ise never has a straight up fair fight against major enemies. Sairong may be the only exception, and that fight nearly killed them both.
well that's because Sairaorg wasn't an evil asshole so Issei gave him the fight they both wanted and deserved.

and these major enemies are EVIL why fight "fair" against them?
they don't deserve it that's why so Issei does whatever is necessary to take them down.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:00   Link #326
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:

Yeah, when your opponent is trying to kill you and those you care about there's no reason to try and hold back for the sake of a fair fight. It looks like the enemies of this arc are different though. Now that Ise's at a level where he doesn't need random tactics like Rias' breasts, Chichigami's help or even Samael's blood to win battles, the fights are more intense and they are fair.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:10   Link #327
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Yeah, when your opponent is trying to kill you and those you care about there's no reason to try and hold back for the sake of a fair fight. It looks like the enemies of this arc are different though. Now that Ise's at a level where he doesn't need random tactics like Rias' breasts, Chichigami's help or even Samael's blood to win battles, the fights are more intense and they are fair.
different? Rizevim is trying to get to that other world to conquer it and become the king of that world by force obviously and in the process he might destroy the earth/hell/heaven you name it.

Euclid is just a bat shit insane siscon

Crom is different i guess...

and there's a whole other team of misfits behind rizevim.
he hasn't resorted to evil and scum worthy methods yet because he doesn't see Issei & co as a threat.
the moment he sees them as a threat do not doubt this he WILL use ANY method to get what he wants.

i don't see how they're different?
Old 2014-05-31, 12:13   Link #328
lived_1714

Running into Great Red is not cheating, that's the cause of his action.

Issei could have escaped leaving Ophis back, even after being cut down to 50% Ophis is still invincible, killing her and harming her is impossible, but Issei chose to save her, and that heroic action leads him to Great Red, even as Sekiryuutei Issei attracts lots of beings, with the presence of Ophis it only increases more and more, so running into Great Red is not a cheat.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 12:15   Link #329
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
different? Rizevim is trying to get to that other world to conquer it and become the king of that world by force obviously and in the process he might destroy the earth/hell/heaven you name it.

Euclid is just a bat shit insane siscon

Crom is different i guess...

and there's a whole other team of misfits behind rizevim.
he hasn't resorted to evil and scum worthy methods yet because he doesn't see Issei & co as a threat.
the moment he sees them as a threat do not doubt this he WILL use ANY method to get what he wants.

i don't see how they're different?
Whoops, I said that the wrong way. What I meant was Ise's battles against the enemies of this arc are different, because he's finally at a level where he can hold his own without the need for some sort of random assistance. The battles are much more intense and fair.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:15   Link #330
Tbolt

Foe shoots off mouth to Ise, Ise gets pissed, Foe doesn't take hint, Ise stomps Foe into mashed potatoes, Foe still does not understand, Ise goes and feels Rias's breasts.

If they would keep there mouths shut they might win but NOOOOOOOOO they just have to talk.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:21   Link #331
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Whoops, I said that the wrong way. What I meant was Ise's battles against the enemies of this arc are different, because he's finally at a level where he can hold his own without the need for some sort of random assistance. The battles are much more intense and fair.
aah, then yeah it's different he might need some random assistance if trihexa gets released though.
sorry for misunderstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
If they would keep there mouths shut they might win but NOOOOOOOOO they just have to talk.
it's the bad guys biggest weakness... they'd still get curb stomped even if they kept their mouth shut though :P
Old 2014-05-31, 13:42   Link #332
Biohazardous

I agree Sun. He can't lose in front of the girls.
Biohazardous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 16:51   Link #333
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I agree Sun. He can't lose in front of the girls.
Does any of you have pictures of the girls in bikini.

Is almost summer you know.
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 17:15   Link #334
jopjopjop

^ here
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 11:37   Link #335
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
WOW thanks mate. (poor koneko)
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 12:07   Link #336
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Spoiler:
Wait, what is this? Is it implying that the original god of bible is fake or something (like he's actually metatron or demiurge)?

D-did you guys already discuss this before?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 12:11   Link #337
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wait, what is this? Is it implying that the original god of bible is fake or something (like he's actually metatron or demiurge)?

Probably just someone from a different religion. Every religion thinks their god is the real one and that others are fake.

It could also just be because God is dead and yet people still worship him under a lie which would make other people consider it a false god.
Old 2014-06-05, 12:14   Link #338
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

It's still not discussed yet since that's for Slash Dog. And there hasn't been any new info that can support or help create speculations about that.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 13:54   Link #339
Soji

I agree with jopjopjop, we not have enough info to speculate about this.

Still, now that we talk about Metatron I wonder where he is.

Though, cyberdemon have a point, the one that say that is probably someone of another religion.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 18:23   Link #340
G147

Maybe if it refers to Inugami.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dxd, harem