AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2008-12-10, 08:52   Link #81
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I dont care as long as they keep that girl shown in the big picture the way she is shown. Im quite the twin-tail (do you call them like that?) fan boy
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 09:49   Link #82
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Slight off topic, but being a 360 owner, this game, not even Metal Gear Solid 4 (okay, so a little bit) made me really envious. The niche Japanese game that becomes westernized and has such a cool style. I mean wow.

I hope the INCREDIBLE music (FFT! Hitoshi Sakimoto!) and the hand-brushed feel of the backgrounds return. I know it is probably an impossible wish, but I hope one or the other comes true.

I have high hopes for the anime.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 10:05   Link #83
xizro345
King's Justice

No one thought about how the issue that Welkin spends 90% of his time inside the Edelweiss would be dealt with?
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 13:17   Link #84
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Slight off topic, but being a 360 owner, this game, not even Metal Gear Solid 4 (okay, so a little bit) made me really envious. The niche Japanese game that becomes westernized and has such a cool style. I mean wow.

I hope the INCREDIBLE music (FFT! Hitoshi Sakimoto!) and the hand-brushed feel of the backgrounds return. I know it is probably an impossible wish, but I hope one or the other comes true.

I have high hopes for the anime.
This is how I feel about Star Ocean 4 with regards to the 360. That's the game that will make me have to buy a 360.

For now, though, I am completely pleased with my PS3, VC, Disgaea 3, and eventually FFXIII. MoH: Airborne also looks the best on the 3, in my opinion.

I don't remember when I first found out about VC (might have been spring of this year or even Christmas last year), but I immediately fell in love with the art style. I thought real-time seemingly water-color paintings was just the coolest thing ever. And the setting immediately caught my attention as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I dont care as long as they keep that girl shown in the big picture the way she is shown. Im quite the twin-tail (do you call them like that?) fan boy
You mean the legit VC website? That's Alicia, the female lead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
No one thought about how the issue that Welkin spends 90% of his time inside the Edelweiss would be dealt with?
Well they can show him halfway out the commander's hatch.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 13:48   Link #85
kujoe
from head to heel

Notice that the staff even kept the CANVAS look for the anime adaptation. That's a nice touch. I'm not sure if it's just for that promotional pic though.

I, too wish that they kept the same character designer of the game for the anime. The game designs are sharp, and I was hoping to see that translated on screen. The style of the anime looks softer in contrast. Still, it's not really bad at all.

Anyway, in my opinion this is the JRPG to get for this year even though it's a bit niche as a strategy game. This, and probably Tales of Vesperia (I still prefer Tales of the Abyss more...). Many agree with this, albeit it's a sleeper hit for most. Forget about its other competitors this year—Last Remnant or what have you. This game is a throwback to past RPG gems that exude genuine charm instead of only wowing gamers over. I'm glad it's getting the anime treatment, and I'm also hoping that the anime will do well.

On another note, I would like to see my favorite recruitables in the anime. Vyse, Aika, Marina, Jann... and many more.

Last edited by kujoe; 2008-12-10 at 15:20.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 14:56   Link #86
JagdPanther

I require Freesia to be in the anime.

I get the feeling, though, that it will be a very limited selection. Obviously we'll see the leads and primary supporting characters, but with such a large amount of recruitable characters, there can't be a way to get all of them in. Edy seems like a logical choice only because I hear she's rather popular. I'd rather see Freesia, Jane, Marina, etc. in, but that just won't happen, I guess.

Old 2008-12-10, 15:22   Link #87
kujoe
from head to heel

I heard the manga version has Marina, Cezary and Jane. Marina just might make it in the anime.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 20:55   Link #88
sb075

I suppose that at least the Edie Squad (Edie, Homer, Yang, Lynn, Susie, Marina) will be in the anime. They are the top 6 of the official non-main playable characters poll (especially Edie's popularity might be higher than Alicia's).

Last edited by sb075; 2008-12-10 at 21:09.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 22:07   Link #89
JagdPanther

Well if Jane and Marina make it in that's not too bad.

Old 2008-12-11, 03:47   Link #90
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
You mean the legit VC website? That's Alicia, the female lead.
Well I rather meant her hair style but I didnt know her name as well, so thanks for the information :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 09:01   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
I suppose that at least the Edie Squad (Edie, Homer, Yang, Lynn, Susie, Marina) will be in the anime. They are the top 6 of the official non-main playable characters poll (especially Edie's popularity might be higher than Alicia's).
I was just about to ask about character popularity! Thanks.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 10:00   Link #92
xizro345
King's Justice

Edy will probably be present, though the number of episodes will play a huge factor in this.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:18   Link #93
Runty

After looking at this, the game's story, and the way the new manga is being done, I sure hope they show some of the dark aspects of the story as a little darker than in the game.

For example, in the manga, Rosie doesn't just intimidate Isara when they first meet - she beats her up. Seeing that in the anime would be a nice touch, and would really flesh out Rosie a little more. Also, I dearly hope they don't skimp on ANY violent content; doing that will ruin any war story (except maybe Star Wars).

Also, yeah, I hope that some of the non-main characters get some good screentime. Especially Marina, my absolute favorite character in VC. So dark... so goth... so Metal Gear (Sniper Wolf) style... awesome.

I'll be watching this when it comes out, without a doubt.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 17:44   Link #94
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The promotional picture looks great. It still has a similer style to the game art style. Then again its a promotional pic so it probably looks better than the what the final product will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
It wouldn't be hard to write some scenarios around it if used in limited cases and of course they can just have shots of him talking inside the tank.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 04:51   Link #95
Chrono Helix

It's not as if it's going to be all about combat, after all.

I'm going to be looking forward to these kinds of scenes.
Spoiler:
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 11:22   Link #96
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Helix View Post
It's not as if it's going to be all about combat, after all.

I'm going to be looking forward to these kinds of scenes.
Spoiler:
Though the image isn't showing up for some reason I just took the link.

Yeah, that would be a nice scene to add. It's obviously important for character development in the game and I'd suspect it'll show up in the anime.

That entire mission/story chunk will probably show up.

Old 2008-12-12, 12:31   Link #97
Runty

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the pic.

Yeah, I'll want to see plenty of that, but I think it'd also be nice to see some interaction between Welkin and Juno, with the latter being a rival for Alicia. It's a given.

Last edited by Runty; 2008-12-12 at 18:13.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 20:52   Link #98
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
EDIT: Nevermind, saw the pic.

Yeah, I'll want to see plenty of that, but I think it'd also be nice to see some interaction between Welkin and Juno, with the latter being a rival for Alicia. It's a given.
That would be interesting to have Juno featured as a rival. I just hope they don't pull a normal harem anime and have him be totally indecisive.

Though I haven't finished the game yet, it's to my understanding that in the end...

Spoiler:

I could be wrong. It's just what I heard.

Old 2008-12-13, 05:20   Link #99
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
On another note, I would like to see my favorite recruitables in the anime. Vyse, Aika, Marina, Jann... and many more.
It would be absolutely incredible to see Vyse and Aika in the anime, Skies is still one of my favorites. Given her popularity, I'd be shocked if Edie wasn't in the anime.

This is easily one of the best games this year in my opinion (perhaps the best, MGS4 being the main competition), I was interested ever since the very first teaser images came out showing off the Canvas art style and wonderful character design.

I can't wait to spend some more time with these characters with the anime.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 07:32   Link #100
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Also, yeah, I hope that some of the non-main characters get some good screentime. Especially Marina, my absolute favorite character in VC. So dark... so goth... so Metal Gear (Sniper Wolf) style... awesome.
As soon as I saw her in the recruitment lists at the start of the game she was put straight into my squad!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega