AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 09:42   Link #441
macdawson

So... is Mercedes Benz supplying equipment to the Gamilas or am i translating those katakana wrong?! XDDD
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:02   Link #442
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=or09dSlxltM

This series is just blowing away all my expectations.
As if this series wasn't looking beautiful already.... DAT WAVE MOTION GUN

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:42   Link #443
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
So... is Mercedes Benz supplying equipment to the Gamilas or am i translating those katakana wrong?! XDDD
That's Multidispensor, not Mercedes Benz. Kinda close in Katakana though .
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:51   Link #444
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A female of the species?

Ooookay.

Given Dessler's tastes in women I hope the Gamilon females are still like the ones we did see with him early in the series...his harem/bodyguards. (Cause what sci-fi franchise can do without blue skinned space babes?)

Cause this person with the cat is sort of creepy. (As an officer of an important base I suspect she(?) is 40-50-ish.) I do hope that isn't Schultz's daughter that some reports were mentioning would appear.

Quote:
OK, enough ranting for now. I'll have a few hundred screen caps up latter today.
Where? I have a hard time finding anyone that reviews or comments about this show as it is.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-25 at 12:09.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 12:52   Link #445
denshousha

Whaddya know, they gave Hirata a hometown (Nagasaki). Now only Yuki is lacking one.
denshousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 14:00   Link #446
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
I just noticed the Yamato firing regular shells in two sequences of the preview. (One at 1:20 and the other at 1:26) I believe that you or someone mentioned that the Shock Cannons appear to be dual purpose with mass based shells as well as energy weapons.

The translations says something about fusion bullets. What I suspect is a lesser form of the later Wave Motion Cartridges. Though I wonder what sort of explaination they will give for using shells verse energy weapons in combat. Shells I can see them using in gravity enviroments as they can use them to fire over the horizon and over terrain. And maybe they use them in the smaller guns in combat when they know the shock cannon energy won't be enough to penetrate the target's armor (or maybe they want less damage so they have wreckage to analysis). I don't know which does more damage...the shells or the energy weapons.

They would have a limited number of shells where as the energy they get from the Wave Motion Engine. They can refuel that (somehow). They might not be able to make more shells...though that depends entirely if they have an onboard factory like they had in the first series (the English dubbed the "Dynamic-do-All"). Such a factory could help them rebuild lost fighters as well as hull plating, and new auxilary craft. But it won't built them new crew members. Though with a crew of 999, they do have at least a little room for casualties. Though probably not enough to train new pilots for rebuilt or new Cosmo Falcons.

I see in the trailer the medical staff has several nurses (both male and female) and Yuria seems tasked to help at one point (perhaps only delivering supplies, though they seem paused like they are listening to one of Okita's speeches).

Yuki's spacesuit is very yellow. This again leads me to think the one at the airlock in the Epsiode 3 preview is Akira, in orange. (Though they make have added the colors since that preview was made)

Okita's spacesuit is still black, which makes me wonder if that's just to match his coat, or is admirals would have black on white if they had a standard Yamato uniform.

Hijikata takes over command of the Fleet from Kirishima in Okita's absence. I wonder if we will ever see that ship again?

The Wave Motion Gun could do with a little added Star Blazer's sound effects. Though current version with the bass upped helps sell the power and scale the thing has.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-25 at 15:00. Reason: Added pictures
Old 2012-05-25, 17:32   Link #447
August138

Quote:
Not much for us to assess gender. No female "attributes" that i can see. The hearring/stud isn't much of a tell these days and many men have cats. XDDD
Except that QuarkBoy actually works on the show (English translation and subtitling). This character is not Shlutz' daughter, but — as I stated — the commander of the Gamilas Floating Continent Base, based on the information given to me.

Last edited by August138; 2012-05-25 at 18:02.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 18:15   Link #448
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
*snip*
Re:Fusion bullets VS beam cannon firing.

It's entirely possible that even Fusion shells have more destructive power than the beam weapons. However, since Yamato is operating beyond its supplyline (Yamato is the only FTL capable ship), back up beam weapons that can run off the Wave Motion engine are probably desirable.

There's also the fact that a beam weapon could potentially have much greater range, since a beam will travel faster than a bullet. So Beams could be used long range, while Fuision shells are loaded for close in engagements.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 18:26   Link #449
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having a sudden small windfall of money (located old fully matured saving bonds from when I was born). I've purchased both Blu-ray disc 1 and 2. Disc one (at least according to Amazon.jp) will be here sometime early next week. Disc two of course won't get here until the last week of July or first week of August.

Shipping them seperate cost another $20 I guess. But I really want disc one quickly.

Though now the other issue of the blu-ray player.....

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-25 at 18:45.
Old 2012-05-25, 19:45   Link #450
August138

You can get a Blu-ray Player as cheap as $25; I just bought a Toshiba for that price from Best Buy a couple of months ago.
Old 2012-05-25, 23:52   Link #451
GundamFan0083

Thank you all for posting the images of the new SBY 2199, and especially the links to the trailers.

The 2nd DVD looks as awesome as the first.

SBY is my personal favorite anime series, so I am totally jazzed about this project and feel the same way Ithekro does about future Yamato.
I really hope they redo the entire series including the films (like Final Yamato, etc.)

Looks great, and thanks again for all the updates.
Old 2012-05-26, 04:14   Link #452
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=or09dSlxltM

This series is just blowing away all my expectations.
YYYYYEAH!!!! They kept the awesome, classic sound effects for the main guns and the Wave gun! (0:37, 1:41)

I hope they kept the awsome sound effects for the auto-turrets too.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:10   Link #453
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Where? I have a hard time finding anyone that reviews or comments about this show as it is.
I have several albums dedicated to yamato 2199 on my facebook page. If you want a link i'll post it when i get home later today.

Question to anyone who already has the Blu-Ray's. Are they zone free as i've seen on some site or do they have zone restriction. If they do they i am definitely f**ked as i either have to buy the DVD (no subs and SD quality) or wait (perhaps indefinitely) until someone publishes this in Europe.

Last edited by macdawson; 2012-05-26 at 09:50.
Old 2012-05-26, 13:50   Link #454
August138

Quote:
Question to anyone who already has the Blu-Ray's. Are they zone free as i've seen on some site or do they have zone restriction. If they do they i am definitely f**ked as i either have to buy the DVD (no subs and SD quality) or wait (perhaps indefinitely) until someone publishes this in Europe.
I don't know if the Japanese Blu-rays are "Region Free", since the US and Japan are the same Region Code, and so there's no problem for me. Here's a thread that might be helpful to you:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-th...ay-player.html
Old 2012-05-27, 02:45   Link #455
macdawson

Yep. My butt hurts right now. And not in a good way. If such a thing exists... XD

My options are either buying a muti-zone Blu-Ray player and get the BR with subs or buying the unsubbed DVD, wich is the same zone as Europe, and settle for SD quality video wich i will only half understand. Third option is, of course, to wait that the HD episodes leak on line and get those. And they wonder why file sharing is so popular... (sarcasm much?!). I never understood the reason for these stupid zone divisions. Sure, at a time in wich DVDs were published in the US before the movies themselves got to the theatres worldwide, i could sort of understand. But these days, movies are released (most times) in a worldwide basis (The Avengers and Battleship actually premiered here weeks before they did in the US) so i don't see the need for the bloody divisions. One more case of the industry shooting itself in the foot.
Old 2012-05-27, 14:09   Link #456
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or buying an american BD player. Assuming they work fine with a local TV
Old 2012-05-27, 18:26   Link #457
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yep. My butt hurts right now. And not in a good way. If such a thing exists... XD

My options are either buying a muti-zone Blu-Ray player and get the BR with subs or buying the unsubbed DVD, wich is the same zone as Europe, and settle for SD quality video wich i will only half understand. Third option is, of course, to wait that the HD episodes leak on line and get those. And they wonder why file sharing is so popular... (sarcasm much?!). I never understood the reason for these stupid zone divisions. Sure, at a time in wich DVDs were published in the US before the movies themselves got to the theatres worldwide, i could sort of understand. But these days, movies are released (most times) in a worldwide basis (The Avengers and Battleship actually premiered here weeks before they did in the US) so i don't see the need for the bloody divisions. One more case of the industry shooting itself in the foot.
Amazon jp states that it's All Region (Region Free).
Old 2012-05-27, 22:19   Link #458
August138

YAMATO: 2199 Screens at FanimeCon in San Jose! I attended the annual convention held in Silicon Valley today, and was told that there would be a surprise screening of the first two episodes of YAMATO: 2199 at 3pm PDT. Room A seemed to have about 300 seats and it was at least 3/4 full. They stayed all through both episodes. Most of them came specifically for YAMATO, because they all filed out after it was over! It was great to see it on such a big screen!
Old 2012-05-27, 23:15   Link #459
YF19EX

I gave that copy to them for the showing. I hope everyone enjoyed it.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 23:18   Link #460
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Was this screening approved by Sunrise?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato