AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's episode?
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 36.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 31.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-11, 18:10   Link #21
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

x4. Another proof of using too much same old parent gag is bad.

Put Namiko's flop down aside, the parent is pushing too much.

Since Hazumu's parents are not your normal fond caring parents, I won't give them too much of care, but treat them as a running gag.

I give Hazumu's pop a single bit of pity on his oni wife and his position of being a photographer*, but as a running gag? I'd say first 2 times would be acceptable, but when the 3rd times comes, it really get into nerves.

*(one of my married friend who have to shoot sexy swimsuits models as a photographer had to face the pressure of fear from being framed being a pervert by his wife, and he's not allowed to watch other hotties on streets when his walks with his wife, speaking about sassy wife......)

In terms of manga side of Japan, pops are often protrayed as ero-oyaji/sukebe-oyaji(perverted dad). Hazumu's dad is the extreme of its own kind.
Old 2006-02-11, 18:56   Link #22
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevency
In terms of manga side of Japan, pops are often protrayed as ero-oyaji/sukebe-oyaji(perverted dad). Hazumu's dad is the extreme of its own kind.
Hazumu's dad is alittle bit out of the box for me still and annoying aliens frequently spoil the show. I jumped at the end of the episode where the two girls about to kiss.I was like yeah!yeah ! kiss! kiss!.The same goes to the karaoke scene too.I never thought that I would be exited watching this anime before the episode 4.
Old 2006-02-12, 15:40   Link #23
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Without going into anything that hasn't been shown in the anime yet, what was changed here from the manga?
I think the best way would be for you to read here:
http://smv.files.deltaanime.net/view...0Meets%20Girl~
They're becoming very, very different, so you probably won't spoil yourself much reading it.

@Catgirls: I hope that's within the rules... It's not a fansub site in any case, and the manga hasn't been liscenced, so...
Old 2006-02-12, 16:03   Link #24
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Much appreciated. I shall inspect the manga with caution, then.
Spoiler for what they were saying in the manga (chapter 1) kissing scene:

Slight (elitist?) regret to hear that it's starting to deviate like that, but the anime is certainly doing great as it is. (Thinking of My HiME and Vandread as examples, though I haven't watched much of either and barely touched on the mangas...)

EDIT: Shows how much I know about My HiME, then.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-12 at 16:43.
Old 2006-02-12, 16:36   Link #25
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

They can't really be compared...
Kashimashi is a manga that was adapted into an Anime that deviates away from the plot; first similar examples that jump to my mind are Hellsing and Ranma, neither of which made it through the deviation unharmed, whereas Kashimashi is GAINING from it so far.
My HiME was originally an (highly, highly, oh-so-highly reccomended) Anime that got adapted into a Manga by some Takumi-hater who decided Tate needed a Harem.

I'm not regretting the deviation; the Anime is doing it right. If they keep it up, we'll have two enjoyable stories to follow for the price of... well, none, really... Fansubs and Scanslations, after all
Old 2006-02-12, 18:47   Link #26
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Behold, my new signature! ( ) Or should I call it something besides a sandwich?

And two more caps:

Out of context ---->

I wonder if they're ever going to stop using "kun"...

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-12 at 18:57.
Old 2006-02-12, 20:20   Link #27
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon

I wonder if they're ever going to stop using "kun"...
I hope they don't, cos for the oddest reason she is so cute when she is called that.

And is it just me or does Yasuna look like a more filled out version of Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura?
Old 2006-02-13, 01:42   Link #28
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
And is it just me or does Yasuna look like a more filled out version of Tomoyo from Card Captor Sakura?
*nods* She does. Down to the "I'll let the one I love go after someone else since it makes her happy" personality; all she needs is a camera.
And Tomari reminds me of Mikan from Gakuen Alice, especially in her SD scenes. I still say Tomari would be a thousand times cooler with a Kansai accent
Old 2006-02-13, 02:25   Link #29
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... Akuma ...

Mai HiME anime and manga was made at the pretty much same time by two sets of crew ... only thing they really got in common is the input (rough character profiles, rough storyboard etc)
Old 2006-02-13, 13:48   Link #30
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I am starting to like this series more and more as i watch it. I mean we got down to serious emtional stuff there at the end. I should have known with the title being girl triangle. I personally like Tomari she liked Hasumu when no one else did and always stood by him plus i just like her as a charcter, i think as the series goes on there are going to be more chances to see who each girl tries to out do the other one, also we really dont know what Hasumu thinks of all this she is so scattred brained its hard to tell. Myuki was right with the advice she gave and i hope tomori listens

BTW WHAT IN THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT DAD I MEAN THAT SCENE WITH THE DRESS WAS FUNNY BUT VERY VERY CREEPY . KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS DAD AND PUT DOWN THAT DAMN CAMERA
Old 2006-02-14, 01:44   Link #31
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I give this episode a 9, since imho it's clearly the better on all of the released until now.
Solid romance, sweet mood, believable character development. A marvellous Tamura Yukari as Tomari, although the other two main leads' VA don't miss a single point.

And also a believable story development, Hazumu loved Yasuna in the first place, and her feelings were already almost completely returned. So it makes sense that this stifled love can now bloom.
Hard times for Tomari, I sympathize with her a lot. But I sympathize with all of the girls, to say the truth. Each of them has her own reason. I really wonder how all of this will develop.

If I had to find a flaw, I wish those dumb jokes with the Sensei (oh, this time she felt downstairs ... ) and with Hazumu's father will get deleted from the show, since while at the beginning they could have been funny, now they're just plain annoying and repetitive.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-02-14 at 14:10.
Old 2006-02-14, 07:54   Link #32
Johan_the_Monster

It's wierd. I never been a big fan of Yaoi love stories, but the way this series has shaped up so far, I definetly like it. I just feel bad for Hazumu...
Old 2006-02-14, 09:18   Link #33
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan_the_Monster
It's wierd. I never been a big fan of Yaoi love stories, but the way this series has shaped up so far, I definetly like it. I just feel bad for Hazumu...
"YAOI" is that the correct term or is it "YURI"
Old 2006-02-14, 10:10   Link #34
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Yaoi = boy les.
Yuri = girl les.

It's easy to get messed up......
Old 2006-02-14, 13:31   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

You do NOT want to get those two mixed up!

Still, Yasuna seems like she's rushing things, though...
Being so close to Hazumu and then turning him down without explanation (because she was afraid)
Hazumu gets turned into a girl
They become friends again
Yasuna confesses, no explanation for the change in position...

But we'll see if Ep 5 resolves this with a Yasuna-Tomari confrontation.
Old 2006-02-14, 21:46   Link #36
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Wow, just finished watching this episode (I know I know I'm behind, what can I say I'm busy). Excellent 9 out of 10 again. The romance aspect is getting way turned up which is really bringing the "wait he's a dude" thought come up a lot. All I know is that if I was in Hazumu's shoes I would just sit back and let them fight it out.
I say that the dad joke is still funny though, thus my avatar still stays.

BTW KaneDragon your sig cracks me up!
Old 2006-02-15, 14:10   Link #37
Johan_the_Monster

Aah, thanks for correcting me. Oops.
Old 2006-02-15, 14:16   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am glad that they focusing (so far) on the romance expect of the story instead of the comedy. Ep4 had some very scenes. An love between girl/girl/girl grand
Old 2006-03-04, 04:49   Link #39
Myname

Didn't anyone find it nasty that Yasuna DIDN'T wash the strawberry before putting it into her mouth? And she gave half of it to Hazumu. Ok, that is totally unsanitary. Repulsive even.
Old 2007-05-19, 07:57   Link #40
kevin13
Disabled By Request

They were spraying it with water, from the hose though... and they do kiss, so sharing food isn't too bad.
Closed Thread