AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-20, 01:20   Link #1
Morisato

Plothole!!!

From what we can see, Kaede was standing on the top of the stairs whilst Rin was standing at the bottom. Add the fact that the knife was DROPPED not thrown from an angle facing downwards.

Now my question is, how was it possible for THE knife to fall RIGHT above him?

Here is a diagram.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-20, 02:23   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

By that point, I think most of us had registered so many plot holes we were kind of "eh" to it.

The existence of Mayumi (a human-demon hybrid) was thought to be a major plothole. The portals had only been in existence for 10 years. Yet here is 17 yr old Mayumi who has been openly hybrid for her whole life as far as we know.

Reviewing the series... I caught Nadesico's lecture about how some people had slipped across the boundaries before the portals (a foreshadowing of Ama-san's secret). I suddenly realized Mayumi's parents had met in a similar way.. but once the portals opened up -- her parents and her must have immediately revealed themselves instead of keeping it secret. Unanswered is how Mayumi's demon parent arrived since they weren't involved in any experiment.

There were a number of plotholes throughout the series..... the boxcutter drop ---- would have made more sense if Rin had been another half flight down directly below Kaede..... I'd classify it more as poor scene design than a plothole.
Old 2006-02-20, 15:57   Link #3
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh... well... It IS a plothole the way it's done. Kaede lets the boxcutter fall, but the way the stairs are built makes it impossible for the boxcutter to fall vertically on Rin. Even if Kaede threw the boxcutter in some way instead of letting it fall, it would hit Rin squarely somewhere instead of slicing him vertically during its fall.

Of course, if you are as adept as I am in studying Kaede (dedicated KKK member, KKR VP), you will know that Kaede is a Shinigami Taichou And her boxcutter is actually a zanpakuto called Sokushi. And you don't want to see her BanKai
Old 2006-02-20, 16:54   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eyah... sort of a plothole (continuity error?) ... I just didn't think it rated 3 exclamation points but YMMV. Other than the figures and that one pic of Nerine and Prim, I'm about done with this series.
Old 2006-02-20, 19:03   Link #5
Morisato

UNLESS of course she used her pixie magic to run down the stairs without making any sound, drop the knife right on top of him and then run back into her room in 2 secs. I doubt she knows shunpyo.
Old 2006-02-21, 04:14   Link #6
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Kaede is the true goddess of Flash
Old 2006-02-24, 15:35   Link #7
Tabris

I noticed that, but I don't really care
Old 2006-02-25, 02:46   Link #8
Myname

Another plothole.

If the king of gods and the king of demons are off living in the human world, who's looking after their respective worlds?

And them being kings and all, why don't they have any maids or servants at home?

Another thing, if Sia is a goddess, how can she NOT have and magic? Only offensive abilitiy I've seen her use is the chair.
Old 2006-02-25, 03:52   Link #9
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

minor thing about Mayumi ... it wasn't her demon perent that crossed the border ... it was her human ... i'm pretty sure that she at some point doing the start says so
Old 2006-02-25, 06:07   Link #10
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Another plothole.

If the king of gods and the king of demons are off living in the human world, who's looking after their respective worlds?

And them being kings and all, why don't they have any maids or servants at home?

Another thing, if Sia is a goddess, how can she NOT have and magic? Only offensive abilitiy I've seen her use is the chair.
Those aren't really plotholes though, like it doesn't say if kings have total power or if they have someone else run their world or subordinates to do things for them. For instance the Queen of England who doesn't do much apart from visits to places, while the government runs the country.

Being in the human world they may not want attention that goes with plenty of maids of servants, or they might want the daughters to not be spoiled. Maybe they just wanted a break from royal life and wanted to see what being normal is like?

And I don't know if it's from the series, but I read somewhere that Sia isn't very good at magic. Even if it isn't from the series, that or not having a reason to use magic is a plausible reason, we don't know her magic is offensive, it could be to heal or something else, plus there's just more satisification from hitting something with a chair maybe?.
Old 2006-02-25, 07:19   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Inconsistency, yes...

Plothole, no...
Old 2006-02-25, 10:46   Link #12
Furudanuki

Quote:
According to Kareha in episode #3 Sia can use translation magic, which she explains is a form of telepathy. This makes sense, since Sia was able to communicate with Rin when they first met, and she did not learn to speak Japanese until afterward. Anything else would be pure speculation, but as has already been mentioned, her magical abilities may not include offensive attacks.
Old 2006-02-26, 02:41   Link #13
BrokenWingz

Its no plothole, Kaede has mental psyche ability since the 'acident' allowing her to move the boxcutter above his head

It does seem a bit weird though how both the kings are dressed in 'bling bling'.
Old 2006-02-26, 05:16   Link #14
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:

It's just like the others said, other people in the government can run the country in their absence. We see it a lot in this world, presidents visit other countries, but their own countries don't go into a state of anarchy in their absence, do they? :P

She did erect a magic shield when Primula went out of control, so she does have magic apart from the aforementioned translation power. Maybe her offensive magic is the ability to materialize a chair out of thin air....
Old 2006-03-03, 14:20   Link #15
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
Spoiler:
Awesome picture.

Maybe Kaede should pick up baseball? I mean with a curveball like that...
(Imagine the batters reaction when a ball comes flying like that )

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-03-03, 18:54   Link #16
peterchen620
Kaede's Fanatic

Have you guys not notice the door was open behind Kaede? The windows might be open and the wind might be strong. If my speculation is correct, the boxcutter may be able to reach Rin at that height. But still, this doesn't alters the fact that the boxcutter is cutting Rin vertically.

Oh well, Kaede is my goddess XD
Old 2006-03-03, 21:17   Link #17
Wrath88
Kissing...

Maybe her deep hatred gave her powers of telekinesis. That could account for how she did it.
Old 2006-03-04, 04:57   Link #18
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchen620
Have you guys not notice the door was open behind Kaede? The windows might be open and the wind might be strong. If my speculation is correct, the boxcutter may be able to reach Rin at that height. But still, this doesn't alters the fact that the boxcutter is cutting Rin vertically.

You've got to be kidding me.
Old 2006-03-04, 05:30   Link #19
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchen620

We aren't exactly talking about something as light as a feather...and a penknife definately isn't that light.

And if the wind is THAT strong (to move a penknife), then wouldn't Rin's hair and clothes move about alot? or are you saying that he is covered in gel?
Old 2006-03-04, 07:01   Link #20
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
We aren't exactly talking about something as light as a feather...and a penknife definately isn't that light.

And if the wind is THAT strong (to move a penknife), then wouldn't Rin's hair and clothes move about alot? or are you saying that he is covered in gel?
Maybe it was a very, very special wind.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Closed Thread