AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-28, 16:58   Link #3721
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Murdoch and BSkyB threaten a British production base.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...val?CMP=AFCYAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Honestly, I have no idea why the X360 is so fragile...

Sadly, quite a number of good games appear as X360 Exclusive. However, anybody who sees the statistics of obtaining the famous "Red Rings of Death" will no doubt keep a distance from the console.
Microsoft rushed it out of production to jumpstart the Playstation 3 in sales, and last I heard another Xbox is in the works.
Old 2009-08-28, 18:43   Link #3722
Shadow Kira01

Security on high alert for Aya Ueto show after death threat on Wikipedia

Quote:
Security will be tight at the Zepp Tokyo live house in Koto Ward on Monday night, after someone wrote a death threat on actress Aya Ueto’s Wikipedia page on Thursday. Someone made an entry titled “I’m going to throw a hand grenade at Aya Ueto’s show on Aug 31” at around 3 p.m. and police received a few calls shortly after.

The entry, which warned that many people would be killed, was deleted about 20 minutes later.

It has been more than two years since Ueto, 23, has performed live. Organizers said they will go ahead with the “Happy Magic 2009” event but increase the number of security personnel.
This seems very serious.

Perhaps, it is better for Ueto-san to cancel her show as that her safety is more important.

UAE seized N.Korea arms shipment bound for Iran

Quote:
* Arms included rocket launchers, detonators, RPGs

* Seizure of shipment took place on Aug. 14

* Countries linked include Australia, France, Italy, China
Quote:
"The cargo was deceptively labeled," said a diplomat "The cargo manifest said that the ship contained oil boring machines. But then you opened it up and you found these arms."
Looks like the Obama Administration should put North Korea back onto the terrorism-sponsor list as that this recent action by North Korea is no doubt a violation of UN embargo.
Old 2009-08-28, 19:18   Link #3723
npcomplete

United Nations Group Urges Japan to Ban Explicit Games, Manga (and Anime)
great, just freaking great..
Old 2009-08-28, 20:47   Link #3724
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Xbox 360 failure rate = 54.2%?

Honestly, I have no idea why the X360 is so fragile...

Sadly, quite a number of good games appear as X360 Exclusive. However, anybody who sees the statistics of obtaining the famous "Red Rings of Death" will no doubt keep a distance from the console.
Well I for one don't like my Xbox 360 getting the RRoD for the second time, but I find there are only 2-3 PS3 games that I want so there is no point for me to buy one.

Most of it is either overheating or something happening to the DVD drive. Mine had to have the DVD drive belt replaced the first time and if that's what broke this time I will lose it .
Old 2009-08-28, 21:14   Link #3725
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
How many times have I heard this type of news!? Games. Manga, and Anime are not major issues unlike Nuclear Warheads, Wars, and Healthcare. Ok...so UN is looking at Happy gamers instead of the Impoverished people? ----half-assed decisions. Like those other several examples, in the end, their urging would come to no avail and they'd realize that all they did was waste their time focusing on "games" instead of "rebuilding houses".
Old 2009-08-28, 22:25   Link #3726
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
UAE seized N.Korea arms shipment bound for Iran

Looks like the Obama Administration should put North Korea back onto the terrorism-sponsor list as that this recent action by North Korea is no doubt a violation of UN embargo.
UAE, of all countries. Looks like UAE is finally cracking down on Islamic extremists plaguing their lands. China seems rather uninterested, but I would like to see their reaction if Iran or N.K ship AK-74s to the Uighurs.

And aren't RPGs rocket launchers?

Quote:
Since when does UN take part in media control? Putting into effect such bans will dissolve manga like Rosario + Vampire and even damage the manga market (i.e - discourage K-ON! doujinshis from creating work to increase character depth). And you know how politicians work, they would even side with puritans to increase their votecount.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-28, 23:33   Link #3727
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Its called... "We Can't Do Anything Really Important So We'll Bash On Easy Stuff, Think of the Children, Are You A Terrorist/Pedo?"

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-08-28 at 23:56.
Old 2009-08-28, 23:49   Link #3728
iLney

At least, Japan should officially refuse to comply, just to make those poor clowns feel more or less important.

Last edited by iLney; 2009-08-29 at 01:40.
Old 2009-08-29, 00:59   Link #3729
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
What is this before me? The bunch of wusses can't look a little northwest-wards to Eastern Europe or southwards to Cambodia for more... realistic fare? Really? O_o

(Sorry for those living in said countries, that's the perception).

Come on, Darfur can't be the only thing on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its called... "We Can't Do Anything Really Important So We'll Bash On Easy Stuff, Think of the Children, Are You A Terrorist/Pedo?"
About the only thing the US, China, and Russia can all agree on. Yeaaaaah.
Old 2009-08-29, 01:02   Link #3730
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
What is this before me? The bunch of wusses can't look a little northwest-wards to Eastern Europe or southwards to Cambodia for more... realistic fare? Really? O_o

(Sorry for those living in said countries, that's the perception).

Come on, Darfur can't be the only thing on the list.

About the only thing the US, China, and Russia can all agree on. Yeaaaaah.
ya... plenty of REAL exploitation in the world and they witchburn the imaginary stuff.... :P .... twits.
Old 2009-08-29, 01:07   Link #3731
FateAnomaly

The commitee probably enjoy the real stuff so they want to stop the virtual ones.
Old 2009-08-29, 05:21   Link #3732
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
when did Jack Thompson start working for the UN ?
Old 2009-08-29, 10:14   Link #3733
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy Named Zeo View Post
Well I for one don't like my Xbox 360 getting the RRoD for the second time, but I find there are only 2-3 PS3 games that I want so there is no point for me to buy one.

Most of it is either overheating or something happening to the DVD drive. Mine had to have the DVD drive belt replaced the first time and if that's what broke this time I will lose it .
Aye, ours is in its second cycle of 'ring of death'. I've read that poor design leads one of the circuit boards to overheat and bow.... the "towel fix" heats it so much that things pop back into place.

The best fix seems to involve voiding the warranty with proper cooling and some sodder work.... otherwise, its keep calling MS Warranty over and over.
Old 2009-08-29, 13:06   Link #3734
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Which leaves me wondering why the UN is mobilizing some of their resources on what seems to be a very trivial problem, when there are far more serious problems that needs to be resolved.

Sometimes this "political correctness" BS is going too far. It's becoming unhealthy that I question the true motives of some cause-oriented groups.

Of course there's this certain website (the "tabloid newspaper" of the otaku) who in reaction to this problem does nothing except to incite from its visitors an angry condemnation of the UN.
Old 2009-08-29, 13:18   Link #3735
killer3000ad

Quote:
Never thought I'd say it but I sure hope Japan shows the same stubborness towards this issue as they do towards efforts to stop whale hunting.

Not that I support child pr0n or anything, it's just retarded that they are taking Japan to task over this with other bigger shit going on out there now.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:23   Link #3736
-Breakthrough-

wait, so why are people this pissed about the UN thing? Japan ALREADY not only ban the said genre in question but others besides it are in the list as wel after Equality Now came in. This is just some outcry from UN to Japan to, "Don't stop this ban keep doing it nigger" / "watch out we're on to you stop it" comment or some kind of shit like that.

Plus, the UN are pretty much toothless at this rate. If not even them and PETA (which has even moar than feminazis) put together can stop whale hunting or if it takes em' like 6 years to stop a conflict in Africa they could have done so in like 1 year or even way less if they've taken better action, what difference will this make?

No offense but a lot of you guys are just grinding on a lot of shit to grind or complain or get down on. Everywhere I go, 'IT'S ALWAYS ANIMU AND JAPOOOON WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS I WANT MY ANIMUUU HENTIE-DESU" comments make a big storm into discussions that should be logical. Censorship is everywhere, and it targets anything, not just your animu raipu games or whatever a lot of people cry about yet our lives still go on.

There are a lot of things besides japanisu vidya games that get targetted for ban and a lot of us dont even know it.

The whole thing never bothered me at all anyways.
Old 2009-08-29, 14:54   Link #3737
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
UAE, of all countries. Looks like UAE is finally cracking down on Islamic extremists plaguing their lands. China seems rather uninterested, but I would like to see their reaction if Iran or N.K ship AK-74s to the Uighurs.

You make it sound like the Uighurs are allied with Iran and North Korea when it is definitely not the case.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:26   Link #3738
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

China should be more worry about Al Quaida then Iran.

Quote:
Since when does UN take part in media control? Putting into effect such bans will dissolve manga like Rosario + Vampire and even damage the manga market (i.e - discourage K-ON! doujinshis from creating work to increase character depth). And you know how politicians work, they would even side with puritans to increase their votecount.
as the saying goes, How many divisions does the UN have?
Old 2009-08-29, 15:46   Link #3739
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post

wait, so why are people this pissed about the UN thing? Japan ALREADY not only ban the said genre in question but others besides it are in the list as wel after Equality Now came in. This is just some outcry from UN to Japan to, "Don't stop this ban keep doing it nigger" / "watch out we're on to you stop it" comment or some kind of shit like that.

Plus, the UN are pretty much toothless at this rate. If not even them and PETA (which has even moar than feminazis) put together can stop whale hunting or if it takes em' like 6 years to stop a conflict in Africa they could have done so in like 1 year or even way less if they've taken better action, what difference will this make?

No offense but a lot of you guys are just grinding on a lot of shit to grind or complain or get down on. Everywhere I go, 'IT'S ALWAYS ANIMU AND JAPOOOON WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS I WANT MY ANIMUUU HENTIE-DESU" comments make a big storm into discussions that should be logical. Censorship is everywhere, and it targets anything, not just your animu raipu games or whatever a lot of people cry about yet our lives still go on.

There are a lot of things besides japanisu vidya games that get targetted for ban and a lot of us dont even know it.

The whole thing never bothered me at all anyways.
True, I don't think this is a big deal nor does this target anime. From the article it seems to target more on hentai rather than general anime.

And I found some of the comment here weird, it isn't like UN is using lot of their resources and time to make a single comment. And they do have some legitimate point.
Though from reading some of the quote here most people seems to watch lot of hentai involving rape .
Old 2009-08-29, 16:13   Link #3740
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom” to make Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, eligible for return to Libya, leaked ministerial letters reveal.
Gordon Brown’s government made the decision after discussions between Libya and BP over a multi-million-pound oil exploration deal had hit difficulties. These were resolved soon afterwards.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6814939.ece
is anyone actually surprise?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international