AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-10, 11:30   Link #1
BanditKing

Onegai Twins and Digi charat Nyo licensed by Bandai

From www.animeondvd.com

I guess bandai license onegai twins is not a suprise but Digi charat Nyo.oh well
Old 2004-04-10, 12:59   Link #2
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
From www.animeondvd.com

I guess bandai license onegai twins is not a suprise but Digi charat Nyo.oh well
You are right about Onegai twins, but is the Digicharat nyo one correct??? i read someplace that DiGi Charat got licensed not DiGiCharat nyo...
Old 2004-04-10, 13:09   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

all/a lot of Broccoli's (the company behind Di Gi Charat, Galaxy Angel, Aquarian Age, etc.) are getting picked up as part of a massive marketing campaign in the states (i think even the Galaxy Angel video games have made it to the states...)
Onegai Twins getting picked up by Bandai is far from a surprise: they already have Onegai Teacher after all.
Old 2004-04-10, 13:13   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm looking forward to adding Onegai Twins (a.k.a. Please Twins) to my DVD collection! Bandai did a good job with the Teacher release (the box set even included a music CD as a bonus), but I must admit I wasn't too fond of some of the dub actors in that one (which is why I watched the sub instead). I wonder when "later this year" (as the one report says) the releases will start?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
You are right about Onegai twins, but is the Digicharat nyo one correct??? i read someplace that DiGi Charat got licensed not DiGiCharat nyo...
The original DiGi Charat TV series got licensed by Synch Point, while DiGi Charat Nyo got licensed by Bandai. Kind of strange, in a way, but that's what they say on ANN...
Old 2004-04-10, 13:20   Link #5
Kyuven

Bandai also has Galaxy Angel, another broccoli release, so them getting Di Gi Charat Nyo alleviates some stress off the tiny SynchPoint, and assures good packaging (I LOVE the galaxy angel box...so many goodies!)
Old 2004-04-10, 13:39   Link #6
cdpinoyx01

So... does this mean no 13th episode fansub?

Oh well... just gotta wait for the dvd then..
Old 2004-04-11, 01:46   Link #7
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Have fun subbing and dubbing Nyo, Bandai. There's an insane amount of Japanese puns and cultural references to wade through and explain. ^^

I can't help but feel sorry for the Nyo Coalition, they did a fantastic fansubbing job, but with all the DigiCharat series licensed, they pretty much have to shut down and split up now. In fact, their website is now just a black screen of death.
Old 2004-04-11, 01:52   Link #8
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Have fun subbing and dubbing Nyo, Bandai. There's an insane amount of Japanese puns and cultural references to wade through and explain. ^^
I am suddenly reminded of the pamphlet insert of Real Bout High School vol. 1 that was nothing but translation notes...
if ADV can do Azumanga Daioh, then Bandai can do Di Gi Charat
Old 2004-04-11, 02:06   Link #9
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
I can't help but feel sorry for the Nyo Coalition, they did a fantastic fansubbing job, but with all the DigiCharat series licensed, they pretty much have to shut down and split up now. In fact, their website is now just a black screen of death.

Well, what about the Spring and Summer OVA things?
Old 2004-04-11, 02:11   Link #10
t-isu

Send a message via ICQ to t-isu Send a message via AIM to t-isu
noooooo ..

boooooooooo >.<! digi charat nyo is so good ~.~
Old 2004-04-11, 03:53   Link #11
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-isu
noooooo ..

how does it cease to be good just because Bandai licensed it...?
Old 2004-04-11, 08:11   Link #12
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-isu
noooooo ..

1. As if Please! Twins WASN'T going to be licensed. Gimmie a break!

2. So good it got licensed. I still fail to see WHY people complain about something being licensed!
Old 2004-04-11, 15:31   Link #13
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
I still fail to see WHY people complain about something being licensed![/I]
Because they want it for free.
Old 2004-04-11, 19:44   Link #14
YRP Nova

Yeah but you get the english dubbed version in the dvd.

What the heel are you talking about! Onegai teacher was a great english dubbed.

What is that that they censored when the box was dropped and the contents were reveal in onegai teacher. And what was that drill like thing they censored in episode 13(i think).

Those two were like the greatest series! Is there any other anime made by the company (or group or whatever) that made onegai teacher/twins? Is there gonna a sequel and is the Onegai twins series done yet?
Old 2004-04-12, 15:26   Link #15
ubb

Oh god, please don't make a sequel to onegai twins. A whole series devoted to a guessing game, incest innuendo, and the famous "Are we family" quote is not good for my stomach.
Old 2004-04-12, 16:41   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubb
Oh god, please don't make a sequel to onegai twins. A whole series devoted to a guessing game, incest innuendo, and the famous "Are we family" quote is not good for my stomach.
I'm sorry you didn't like the show - I'm not sure why you decided to post in this thread though. It may be little comfort for your stomach that a lot of people actually did enjoy the show for the fun light-hearted romantic comedy that it was. I, for one, am very much looking forward to purchasing the DVDs and hoping for another sequel in the Onegai series. To each his/her own, yes? Let's not turn this thread into a flamefest...

YRP Nova, no word yet of a sequel in the series, although I hope there will be one! There's a special 13th episode of Onegai Twins that will be sold on DVD later this month in Japan, and I expect it will be included on the last domestic DVD as well. Other than that, the show is done. If they do another sequel, I expect it'll be different than Twins, but also tie in characters from the past like Twins did with Teacher.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:20   Link #17
Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by YRP Nova
Yeah but you get the english dubbed version in the dvd.

What the heel are you talking about! Onegai teacher was a great english dubbed.

What is that that they censored when the box was dropped and the contents were reveal in onegai teacher. And what was that drill like thing they censored in episode 13(i think).

Those two were like the greatest series! Is there any other anime made by the company (or group or whatever) that made onegai teacher/twins? Is there gonna a sequel and is the Onegai twins series done yet?
It wasn't censored, it's like that in the raw Japanese version as well. You're supposed to use your imagination as to what the contents are I suppose.
Old 2004-04-13, 00:18   Link #18
Kyuven

Sort of like in Fruits Basket when Hana-chan starts spouting off a buncha bleeps
people don't seem to get that they don't edit straight-to-DVD releases anymore...if anything they add extra stuff
Old 2004-04-14, 07:45   Link #19
h3lldiver

Send a message via ICQ to h3lldiver Send a message via MSN to h3lldiver
:p

btw, what is inside the box, any 1 know? feeling courious.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:41   Link #20
Seiryuu

I think most of us don't exactly MIND when series are licensed. We just prefer that it happens after it's done airing and we're done downloading, and that it's licensed by a company that actually knows what it's doing. I'm mad about GSeed being licensed because I know it will take at least a year for the series to come out completely, and that means a bigger gap between episodes than between Harry Potter books!(yes, I actually read these once)
Anyhow, I look at all licenses with joy and dread. joy because I can finally get top-quality graphics and sound with my series. Dread because even the greatest companies make stupid mistakes in dubbing sometimes, like always using the same voice actor, or just choosing bad voices. I felt real, severe pain when I heard the voices of the characters of Ai Yori Aoshi.
Anyhow, don't sweat the license. You can probably find someone on IRC who has the remaining eps. Legal or not, I always DL anime if I can, and only buy the DVD if I plan on keeping the series(and if I have cash). The companies still get their money in the long run. And what we're doing is already illegal, regardless of any technicalities.
Closed Thread