AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-05, 04:24   Link #1661
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Sure, one way you could read Alto's actions in episode 19 (where he returns to the Saotome residence to check up on Sheryl) and episode 22 as being motivated by him simply wanting to see her.

However, it's also possible to argue that Alto might not have made the effort had Michel and Klan not alerted him to the fact that Sheryl was hiding something incredibly important from him.
If he hadn't been alerted to those things, he wouldn't have known them until much later in the first place.
Old 2011-10-05, 04:35   Link #1662
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
If he hadn't been alerted to those things, he wouldn't have known them until much later in the first place.
So, we could agree that both Ep.18 and Ep.21 were very similar: Alto didn't know what was going on and got two telephone calls (each from different people) and rushed to the respective girls' aid.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:29   Link #1663
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post
You know the one coupling nobody can disagree with?

Alto x The Sky

There. True love. D'awwwwwww, indeed.
HERE HERE!!

Quote:
I think you missed my point.

But well, can't say I'm surprised.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-05, 06:20   Link #1664
magnuskn

Quote:
I think you missed my point.

But well, can't say I'm surprised.
Now that seems excessively like a personal attack. Care to point out why?
Old 2011-10-05, 06:29   Link #1665
wisteria233

Quote:
You know the one coupling nobody can disagree with?

Alto x The Sky

The series Official Couple right there.
Old 2011-10-05, 07:24   Link #1666
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Now that seems excessively like a personal attack. Care to point out why?
I didn't mean it as one, so I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I was just trying to express that I've finally gotten used to how much you like to comment on AxS (because what I was getting at seems to be somewhat different from what you said in your response, and I had thought that thread of conversation was finished anyway...)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-10-05, 08:25   Link #1667
magnuskn

Quote:
I didn't mean it as one, so I'm sorry if you took it that way.

I was just trying to express that I've finally gotten used to how much you like to comment on AxS (because what I was getting at seems to be somewhat different from what you said in your response, and I had thought that thread of conversation was finished anyway...)
Nonetheless, I think the point stands that going into a hypothetical direction of "would Alto have reacted to Sheryls plight if he hadn't been pointed at it by Michael and Klan" cannot ignore that otherwise he would have not heard of it, since Sheryl wanted to keep it a secret. ^^
Old 2011-10-05, 14:16   Link #1668
Lancel

Ah, that's right, the clouds all look like boobs. I forgot.

Also don't click if you're at work unless you really do want to give your underling a promotion.

I pray my warning did not come too late, but I suspect it did.

At a secondary revelation, I just kinda noticed something. Of all the singers in all the Macrosses, Myung actually ends up the best of all of them in terms of romance and endings. Minmei doesn't get the guy, Mylene doesn't ever fully resolve her love triangle, Sara gets nuked, Mao doesn't appear to get the guy (curse you Zero and your crazy ending), Ranka either unresolved or lost the LT, and Sheryl either unresolved or won the LT but with Zero-like vague conditions.

Myung just plain got the guy, and her and Isamu both unambiguously survived to live their lives.

Last edited by Lancel; 2011-10-05 at 14:46.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:01   Link #1669
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Sara gets nuked
But survived the experience, and eloped with Shin to protoculture-heaven.

Actually, imo, she & Shinn got the best end.

Quote:
Myung just plain got the guy, and her and Isamu both unambiguously survived to live their lives.
If I was Isamu, I'd go for Lucy.

Quote:
Alto x The Sky

He was probably looking for this:

Spoiler for CLICKY:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-05 at 21:19.
Old 2011-10-06, 08:24   Link #1670
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
He was probably looking for this:

Spoiler for CLICKY:

- Tak
I LOL'd.

BTW, sorry, Tak, for getting LMK on your case. If I have any comments about stuff you say that's about Ranka, I'll probably just PM you...
Old 2011-10-06, 15:56   Link #1671
magnuskn

I can diss Ranka if anyone likes. But then again I ignore LMK's fanfic postings.
Old 2011-10-06, 16:08   Link #1672
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
I can diss Ranka if anyone likes. But then again I ignore LMK's fanfic postings.
As do I. Sure, she can "change" Sheryl's past, but that doesn't change Sheryl's past, know what I'm sayin'...?
Old 2011-10-06, 16:41   Link #1673
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
As do I. Sure, she can "change" Sheryl's past, but that doesn't change Sheryl's past, know what I'm sayin'...?
Yeah, like Back to the Future, because Marty totally changed his past but that didn't... you know... change his past... Or something.

This is heavy, Doc.
Old 2011-10-06, 16:54   Link #1674
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Yeah, like Back to the Future, because Marty totally changed his past but that didn't... you know... change his past... Or something.

This is heavy, Doc.
Whoa...you just blew my mind, Lancel...
Old 2011-10-06, 16:56   Link #1675
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is heavy, Doc.

Now now, lets keep the genie in the bottle, the beast in its cage, the dog chained to a tree... ... yeah.

Quote:
Whoa...you just blew my mind, Lancel...
Like whoa... totally... ... dude...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-06, 17:00   Link #1676
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Really now? I actually applaud those who took the time to write their own alternative version of the story, but it should not be advocated as fact or to spite the opposition.

Now I'm not a big avid fan of the series as most here, but it was obvious that Alto/Sheryl had better chemistry and a hint of romance in their screen time and Alto/Ranka time together felt like brother/sister relationship.

Regarding the ending, not sure the people of Frontier would still love/adore Ranka or not, she was kind of the clause of many deaths (or didn't want to prevent them). COME AT ME!
Old 2011-10-06, 17:24   Link #1677
Irisiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Regarding the ending, not sure the people of Frontier would still love/adore Ranka or not, she was kind of the clause of many deaths (or didn't want to prevent them). COME AT ME!
Ha, I had earlier arguments in this thread and the Ranka-thread that once people actually figure out what actually happened, she'd need protective custody badly, 'cause once they find out that Ranka wasn't brainwashed when she first left Frontier, and that she had kept extremely important information from proper authorities (the extent of feedback she gets from Vajra, for example), plus a bunch of other things, there will be an outcry for blood/punishment.

And then I'm thinking about the Air Crash Investigation/Mayday episode I watched when an air controller is killed by a relative of a victim, and he wasn't even the one at fault, it was the company for under-staffing his workplace (he was the only controller there, middle of night, I think also his workplace was the only air traffic control for that airspace, and he was busy helping another plane land, which had the higher priority, as the other two planes were cruising), and that the pilots didn't listen when their instruments went "You're flying on a cross-collision course with another plane at the same height, go up/down (depending on the plane)!", and instead relied on their outdated feedback from said controller. (Checks wikipedia: Seems to be the 6th episode of the 2nd season titled "Deadly Crossroads")

So she would be in no position to battle it out in songs/love with Sheryl. Heck, it's even possible that she'd be relocated to another fleet (that wasn't one of the many attacked by Vajra) for her own safety.

And that's ignoring the leaps and bounds with which Alto and Sheryl's relationship progressed while she was gone.
Old 2011-10-06, 18:16   Link #1678
magnuskn

Quote:
Woah, dude, you just blew my mind, man.

*edit* Hm, three people with roughly the same reaction?
Old 2011-10-06, 18:54   Link #1679
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
*edit* Hm, three people with roughly the same reaction?
...Dude... Like...

Whoa...
Old 2011-10-06, 21:48   Link #1680
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
Ha, I had earlier arguments in this thread and the Ranka-thread that once people actually figure out what actually happened, she'd need protective custody badly, 'cause once they find out that Ranka wasn't brainwashed when she first left Frontier, and that she had kept extremely important information from proper authorities (the extent of feedback she gets from Vajra, for example), plus a bunch of other things, there will be an outcry for blood/punishment.
So she would be in no position to battle it out in songs/love with Sheryl. Heck, it's even possible that she'd be relocated to another fleet (that wasn't one of the many attacked by Vajra) for her own safety.

And that's ignoring the leaps and bounds with which Alto and Sheryl's relationship progressed while she was gone.
Actually that has been pointed out multiple times by various members in this forums.
Closed Thread